PDA

View Full Version : Wizards and the Ethereal Plane

King Atticus
2011-05-10, 06:10 PM
I'm looking at playing a wizard (for the first time) in an upcoming campaign. I had a question about the ethereal plane. I know you can cast spells on the material plane that effect the ethereal plane, mostly force stuff. I also know that the opposite is not true. There aren't spells that go from the Ethereal to the Material Plane. My question, however, is this...If you cast a spell with a duration of concentration (read: silent image) on the material plane and on the next round you use the skill trick that lets you maintain concentration as a swift action and then use a standard action to activate a Cloak of Etherealness (to travel to the ethereal plane as per the ethereal jaunt spell) can you maintain the concentration on your silent image on the material plane while your on the ethereal plane? I have no idea if this is possible or not and realize how cheap a tactic this is. It was more or less just something that popped into my head and I couldn't find an answer for it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Bobby Archer
2011-05-10, 06:40 PM
I believe that moving to another plane would take you beyond the range of silent image.