PDA

View Full Version : Dragon-esc

Draig
2011-05-10, 07:05 PM
So when your DM or a PC tells you they want to incorporate dragons into a campaign, what OTHER creatures do you think about? Not so much to keep dragons out but if you, as a dm, wanted to have a more dragony (word?) world what could you incorporate into it? Also dont limit yourself to just creatures, any npc's, relics, gods, regions, etcetera

DukeofDellot
2011-05-10, 07:14 PM
Kobolds to worship the Dragons.

Clerics of Draconic deities.

People who are specially trained to hunt Dragons, and willing to teach the PCs their secrets, for a price.

The dragon's natural prey, while being very nutritious and bountiful, the only thing higher in the food chain are Dragons... so expect it to be swallowing Humans whole.

Creatures whose natural habitat resembles the effects of having a dragon make her roost in the area. A frost dragon might bring polar bears into an otherwise tropical region (a bit far fetched, but a concept I enjoy).

If dragons are intelligent in the setting, then they might have lackeys who build up an organization (thieves, merchants, politicians, or whatever the Dragon might want under him) that could be a worthy threat in and of itself.

Sheep.

Tvtyrant
2011-05-10, 07:22 PM
Drakes, Draconians, Spawn of Tiamat, Dragoborn, Dragongolems, Dragons, Dracoliches, Dracolisks, Yuan-ti, Lizardfolk, Kobolds, Half-dragon everything, Dracotaurs, Dragon Fire Adepts, Dragon Disciples, Dragon Shamans, Sorcerers, Dragomen, Dragons, Linnoforms, Dragon Turtles, Dragon Eels, Dracomonicon, and Dragons.

Draig
2011-05-10, 07:30 PM
Sheep.

I almost pee'd that made me laugh so hard

KillianHawkeye
2011-05-10, 08:04 PM
Whenever you don't know how to spell a word, I suggest using a different word. :smallannoyed:

Zaq
2011-05-10, 08:14 PM
Whenever you don't know how to spell a word, I suggest using a different word. :smallannoyed:

Give me a hug.

Keld Denar
2011-05-10, 08:15 PM
Sheep.

You laugh...back in the days of Living Greyhawk, there was a Bandit Kingdoms module called "Love Letter", which involved bringing a love letter from a VERY powerful red dragon to this cute little green dragon he was trying to court mount. The red dragon in question, who's name was Morgenstahler, pretty much had his way with EVERYTHING in like, a 1000 mile radius.

And yes...in that adventure, you encounter and fight...a half-dragon sheep.

Zaq
2011-05-10, 08:29 PM
You laugh...back in the days of Living Greyhawk, there was a Bandit Kingdoms module called "Love Letter", which involved bringing a love letter from a VERY powerful red dragon to this cute little green dragon he was trying to court mount. The red dragon in question, who's name was Morgenstahler, pretty much had his way with EVERYTHING in like, a 1000 mile radius.

And yes...in that adventure, you encounter and fight...a half-dragon sheep.

It's well-known (well, among those who know me) that I can't stand dragons. I hate their fluff. Their crunch I can take or leave, but I hate their fluff—with one exception. That exception, of course, is the fact that the half-dragon template can be applied to nearly friggin' anything. A dragon will bone anything that has both a STR score and a CON score (any living corporeal creature). And then form a babby. Or make their victim lover form one. Anything. Dragons, these creatures that WotC would have us believe are these amazing and magical beings who are more wonderful and terrible than you could ever imagine being, are inveterate perverts. For that matter, they're really evolutionarily successful inveterate perverts. This makes me giggle to no end.

On the rare occasions that I GM, I never throw dragons at the party, because I hate them and don't want to deal with them. Half-dragon anythings, though? Sure, why not? I'll happily make the players imagine the beautiful and passion-filled night that spawned a half-dragon gibbering mouther, or a half-dragon shambling mound, or a half-dragon formian worker, or a half-dragon will-o'-wisp. Hawt.

Elvencloud
2011-05-10, 11:41 PM
+1 to draconian

Kuulvheysoon
2011-05-11, 12:14 AM
Drakes, Draconians, Spawn of Tiamat, Dragoborn, Dragongolems, Dragons, Dracoliches, Dracolisks, Yuan-ti, Lizardfolk, Kobolds, Half-dragon everything, Dracotaurs, Dragon Fire Adepts, Dragon Disciples, Dragon Shamans, Sorcerers, Dragomen, Dragons, Linnoforms, Dragon Turtles, Dragon Eels, Dracomonicon, and Dragons.

You forgot Landwyrms and Planar Dragons. And it's Linnorms, from the MM2.

EDIT: But you do have Draconomicon on there, which features the Landwyrms/Planar Dragons.