PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e NPC PrC] The Street Rat (PEACH)

Welknair
2011-05-10, 10:09 PM
I know I sad that the Assistant was the last one... But then I had the idea for this one. It's relatively basic but fills the hole for a rogue-type character for Thugorp's campaign.

The Street Rat
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/130/5/6/Little_Arabian_Street_Rat_by_CrimsonKanji.jpg

Some people have money, some people don't. Those that do have a tendency to... misplace it. The kind Street Rats happen upon these forlorn items of currency and.. give them a new home. For some reason people also have a tendency to chase Street Rats and try to throw them in jail... I have no idea why that is.

Becoming a Street Rat
Street Rats often grow up much like their namesake. They are born on the street and learn how to survive, one way or another. This usually involves the redistribution of wealth. Street Rats spend most of their time in large cities that they know well, working the streets and "earning" money where they can.

Entry Requirements
Alignment: Any non-lawful
Skills: Climb 1, Hide 1, Sleight of Hand 6

Skill Points each level: 8+Intelligence
Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Local), Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Tumble, Use Rope

Hit Dice: d6

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special

1st

+0

+0

+2

+0
Sticky Fingers, Criminal

2nd

+1

+0

+3

+0
Sneak Attack +1d6

3rd

+2

+1

+3

+1
Parkour, Evasion

4th

+3

+1

+4

+1
Sneak Attack +2d6

5th

+3

+1

+4

+1
Blend into the Crowd

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Street Rat is proficient with all simple weapons.

Sticky Fingers: When a Street Rat spies something nice, they end up having it in their pocket. Street Rats gain a bonus on all Sleight of Hand checks to... redistribute wealth (or items) equal to their Street Rat level. They also have an amount of undefined nonmagical items with a total worth of 15gp per Street Rat level.

Criminal: Street Rats gain a bonus on saves against Voice of Authority equal to their Street Rat level.

Sneak Attack: When the Guards are after a Street Rat, a straight-up fight usually isn't the best idea. Taking them out one by one from the shadows, however... Now that's an idea. As the Rogue ability of the same name.

Parkour: When the law is after you in the big city, you have to know how to get around. Street Rats take no movement penalty for moving through crowds, stands (That's right, through them), or the like. They can also take a 10 on Jump, Climb, and Tumble checks, even in stressful situations.

Evasion: What is with those Wizards and their blasted fireballs? When conventional Guards don't work, they send in the heavy artillery. Too bad they still can't hit a Street Rat. As the Rogue ability of the same name.

Blend into the Crowd: Street Rats are most at home in the crowd. There they seem to be just like the people around them. Completely innocuous. Except for the golden cup they're holding. Street Rats can Hide in Plain Sight as long as they are in a gathering of 25 or more people.

Okay, I think that's the last one.

Thugorp
2011-05-10, 11:20 PM
maybe with no armor? If I remember corectly Aladin was bear chested under his vest, as it the girl in the pick, besides in real life you actually do have to be trained in order to move easily in any armor(Trust me I have been fencing for YEARS and even all but the newest fencing canvis takes getting used to).

Seerow
2011-05-10, 11:28 PM
I'd give him a specific immunity to your Guard Class's command ability (or at least a huge bonus on the save).

After all, what kind of street rat just stops and comes quietly when a guard tells him to?

Welknair
2011-05-11, 12:15 AM
maybe with no armor? If I remember corectly Aladin was bear chested under his vest, as it the girl in the pick, besides in real life you actually do have to be trained in order to move easily in any armor(Trust me I have been fencing for YEARS and even all but the newest fencing canvis takes getting used to).

I'd give him a specific immunity to your Guard Class's command ability (or at least a huge bonus on the save).

After all, what kind of street rat just stops and comes quietly when a guard tells him to?

Done and done.