PDA

View Full Version : Devoted Performer Bard/Paladin

Talya
2011-05-10, 10:26 PM
Yeah, not the most powerful of builds. I'm attempting to make it work.

-Here's what i've got so far:
-Pump charisma as high as possible.
-Dump wisdom. Use the Holy Warrior variant in complete champion to trade paladin casting for bonus feats.
-DM has ruled that Crystal Echoblade works based on bardsong level, not class level, so it's a good option
-Character has a free template that grants a number of Spell-like Abilities, so I took the "Magic in the Blood" feat to make good use of them.
-Devoted Performer so bard and paladin stack for bardsong and smite evil.
-Snowflake Wardance. (Duh) Downside is that DM has ruled it only works Einhander, so no shield, no two weapon fighting.
-Power Attack, Divine Might...perhaps extra smiting and that tactical feat that prerequisites Power Attack and Smite Evil to do some nasty stuff.

Anything else I'm missing?

gorfnab
2011-05-10, 10:54 PM
Take a look into the feats Initiate of Milil (CoV), Song of the Heart (ECS), and possibly From Smite to Song (CoV). Harmonious Knight Substition (CoV) might be of use as well.

Zaq
2011-05-10, 10:57 PM
Go for a Bard/Paladin/Mystic Theurge. Disclaimer: Don't do this.

Talya
2011-05-10, 11:02 PM
Go for a Bard/Paladin/Mystic Theurge. Disclaimer: Don't do this.

That's not even amusing.

Talya
2011-05-10, 11:03 PM
Take a look into the feats Initiate of Milil (CoV), Song of the Heart (ECS), and possibly From Smite to Song (CoV). Harmonious Knight Substition (CoV) might be of use as well.

I've actually got Ruby Rose Knight substitution levels (CoV). Fluff-wise, Sune is the only god that works.

Hazzardevil
2011-05-28, 04:56 AM
Why is sune so important for this build? I don't see why here.

Coidzor
2011-05-28, 05:32 AM
Harmonious Knight only gives IC+1, which is superceded by the Bardic Inspire Courage, I had thought. Not seeing the benefit here unless there's another substitution level that gives something better? :smallconfused: Or is the DM allowing the disparate ICs to stack?

Is Crusader off the table completely then? Because it sounds like you mostly want to be melee with bardsong.

...Come to think of it, how would From Smite to Song interact with IC from another source?

What kind of level breakdown are you thinking right now?

Luckmann
2011-05-28, 05:54 AM
Why is sune so important for this build? I don't see why here.

For the build, it's not. For the fluff, it is.
Talya is the resident Sunephile (or so I've gathered). :smalltongue:

As she said, she's got Ruby Rose Knight substitution levels. Ruby Rose Knight are paladins of Sune. She wouldn't be able to take Initiate of Milil (CoV).