PDA

View Full Version : domania!!

Draig
2011-05-11, 12:51 AM
Can a Character take the "animal devotion" feat, as described in complete champion, if they do NOT have access to domains? (Such as a barbarian wishes to take animal devotion)

Lyndworm
2011-05-11, 01:11 AM
Yes they can.

Tokiko Mima
2011-05-11, 04:19 AM
Can a Character take the "animal devotion" feat, as described in complete champion, if they do NOT have access to domains? (Such as a barbarian wishes to take animal devotion)

The rules you're looking for are on page 52-53 of Complete Champion. You can take a domain feat without having access to domains. You can even take a second domain feat, as long as it fits thematically with the first (i.e. no picking Good + Evil, Water + Fire, Travel + Couch Potato.) You can't have more than two, however, unless you're a cleric or other character with domain access.

There are special rules that apply if you do have domains. Basically, you have to choose your domain feats from your deities portfolio. You can give up one of your domains to get a free domain feat, which how you can end up with three. Hint: Cloistered Cleric gives Knowledge Domain for free, and Knowledge Devotion is a great feat if you can make decent Knowledge checks.

TroubleBrewing
2011-05-11, 04:42 AM
and Knowledge Devotion is a great feat if you can make decent Knowledge checks.

If? No, no, it's a great feat if you can make Knowledge checks at a third grade level.

If you can make decent Knowledge checks, the feat becomes awesome.

If you can make good or better Knowledge checks, it's essential.

That is, if you find yourself trying to kill things with pointy/heavy/edged pieces of metal/wood/energy/etc rather than mind bullets or sorcery. :smalltongue:

Draig
2011-05-11, 11:08 AM
(i.e. no picking Good + Evil, Water + Fire, Travel + Couch Potato.).

Ok first seeing as their is no Urban devotion what would be the opposit of animal devotion? Death? And the last match up of travel V potato made me chuckle.

Tokiko Mima
2011-05-11, 12:05 PM
Ok first seeing as their is no Urban devotion what would be the opposit of animal devotion? Death? And the last match up of travel V potato made me chuckle.

The opposed domain to Animal Devotion would be Robot Devotion, of course. :smalltongue:

http://www.toy-tma.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Portal-2-Hug-It-Out-580x325.jpg

Which in D&D terms would probably be Artifice Domain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/domains.htm#artificeDomain).

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-11, 12:09 PM
If? No, no, it's a great feat if you can make Knowledge checks at a third grade level.

If you can make decent Knowledge checks, the feat becomes awesome.

If you can make good or better Knowledge checks, it's essential.

That is, if you find yourself trying to kill things with pointy/heavy/edged pieces of metal/wood/energy/etc rather than mind bullets or sorcery. :smalltongue:

A high level rogue with Skill mastery (some knowledge skills) and savy rogue can bring up the pain with Knowledge devotion, how about taking 12 on your knowledge checks sounds?... hmm :scribbles down idea for a gestalt character: