PDA

View Full Version : Release date for Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails?

deadeye2891
2011-05-11, 09:04 AM
Hi all,

Is there any definite word on when the new OotS compilation will ship from Ookoodook? I pre-ordered the item right when it was announced, and the product description indicates it will ship in early May. Normally my patience would be no issue, but I will be relocating near the end of the month and was hoping I wouldn't have to change my shipping address on the order, which could cause no end of nonsense problems with my credit card.

I'm wondering the same for the Shortening deck for the board game - has anyone ever changed the shipping destination of an order placed with Ookoodook, and if so, is it a troublesome process?

Thanks in advance for any information!

ThePhantasm
2011-05-11, 09:18 AM
Two questions. . .

1) Why didn't you post this in the stickied thread at the top of the forum?
2) Why don't you contact apegames or the Ookadook staff with this question?

You are more likely to get an answer if you do either of those things instead of creating an entirely new thread.

deadeye2891
2011-05-11, 09:36 AM
The stickied thread has not had any activity since March and it seemed unlikely that I wold receive a response.

I am also, perhaps, spoiled by the attentive people at Paizo.com who do such a good job of answering questions about their products on their message boards.

I also thought that posters here, whether an official representative of Ookoodook or a fan who has already received their copy, would be more readily accessible to provide the information than the retailer in question.

It was not my intention to offend.

ThePhantasm
2011-05-11, 09:40 AM
The stickied thread has had continued activity almost every day since the day it was posted. There's 10 pages to it! I'm talking about this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190789) thread. I have no idea what thread you are referencing.

You haven't offended anyone, and I'm not sure how your post could be interpreted as offensive. I'm just trying to point you in the right direction.

EDIT: Also, this isn't the official Ookadook message board or anything. This part of the forum is devoted to discussion of the comic. I suspect the staff aren't trawling the forums looking for threads like these. To make their service to you simpler and faster, they'll be reading the main stickied thread.

Ancalagon
2011-05-11, 09:44 AM
Apart from that: All that is known so far is what you find on ookoodook. "Ships in May". Please tell us (in the sticky thread) should you learn more.

deadeye2891
2011-05-11, 09:46 AM
The stickied thread has had continued activity almost every day since the day it was posted. There's 10 pages to it! I'm talking about this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190789) thread. I have no idea what thread you are referencing.

Ah, nuts, you're right - I thought I had skipped to the end of the thread but apparently I was only on page two. My bad. I sent an email to the retailer.

NerfTW
2011-05-11, 12:51 PM
As mentioned in the thread linked, the anticipated release is "early May", which you can also find on the product page. There's still a week left until it's no longer early May.

As for changing the shipping address, that should have no issue with your credit card, as that was already charged. Redirecting it after the charge has gone through has nothing whatsoever to do with your card.

But you should use the contact us page on Ookookdook to ask questions, as they are a separate company and this isn't their official forum.

deadeye2891
2011-05-12, 10:51 AM
Apart from that: All that is known so far is what you find on ookoodook. "Ships in May". Please tell us (in the sticky thread) should you learn more.

The sticky thread has been locked, unfortunately, but I did get a very helpful response from Kevin at APE, who said that the end of May is the best estimation he can currently give as to the ship date for the book.

So, it looks like we'll be waiting just a bit longer for the next installment of OotSy awesomeness. I'm sad about the delay, but happy about the good customer service. :smallbiggrin:

martianmister
2011-05-12, 11:08 AM
I think it will be arrived by late May.