PDA

View Full Version : White Wolf releasing 20th Anniversy Edition of V:tM

Thunder Hammer
2011-05-11, 12:23 PM
http://store.white-wolf.com/Vampire-the-Masquerade-20th-Anniversary-Edition--P5670.aspx

I have already pre-ordered. This is a nostalgia item, but it is supposed ot have every single clan, bloodline and discipline in it, with color.

comicshorse
2011-05-11, 12:35 PM
Got to admit I'm tempted but at a $100 I don't think so

Bobby Archer
2011-05-11, 12:38 PM
Wow. If it really does have every bloodline, discipline, etc, that's a pretty impressive book. Can't say that I feel all that nostalgic for V:tM (personally, I hold $99.99 a bit more dear), but I probably would have snapped this up back while I was still playing.

Thunder Hammer
2011-05-11, 01:38 PM
I'm getting this to avoid paying hundreds of $$ to get all the old WW books.

truemane
2011-05-11, 01:50 PM
You know I bought the first edition of Vampire the week it was released? That's how long I've been playing White Wolf.

Kurald Galain
2011-05-11, 02:01 PM
I have already pre-ordered. This is a nostalgia item, but it is supposed ot have every single clan, bloodline and discipline in it, with color.

That's cool, but I own most of that material already.

Semidi
2011-05-11, 11:10 PM
http://store.white-wolf.com/Vampire-the-Masquerade-20th-Anniversary-Edition--P5670.aspx

I don't really have the money for this, but I'm considering saying the hell with it and just getting it. If it's not already readily apparent--I'm a fan.

Only problem is, I'll be out of country for a long time and won't be able to have it in my hands for a long time... woe, woe, woe.

dsmiles
2011-05-12, 05:59 AM
You know I bought the first edition of Vampire the week it was released? That's how long I've been playing White Wolf.

I did too, but I don't play White Wolf much anymore. It's all (various editions of) DnD, and some TTWG (WarmaHordes).

TricksyAndFalse
2011-05-12, 07:25 AM
I don't see any info about whether it's a re-package of the 3rd edition V:tM material, or a setting update compatible with the nWoD rules.

Tiki Snakes
2011-05-12, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I'd kind of enjoy finding out more about this, I think.

Wings of Peace
2011-05-12, 11:20 AM
Will there be a pdf?

Bobby Archer
2011-05-12, 12:14 PM
I don't see any info about whether it's a re-package of the 3rd edition V:tM material, or a setting update compatible with the nWoD rules.

It doesn't say, which leads me to think that it's a repackage of 3rd ed. If it was an update for NWoD (which would be a huge undertaking), they'd certainly say so.

Thunder Hammer
2011-05-12, 02:26 PM
It is 3rd edition or "Revised", there will eventually be a PDF and some kind of Print on Demand option. The Clans and rules are getting polished a bit, but it is all oWoD as the base, not nWoD.

Aron Times
2011-05-12, 07:14 PM
If it's Masquerade with nWoD mechanics...

/nerdgasm :smalleek:

Semidi
2011-05-14, 02:21 AM
If it's Masquerade with nWoD mechanics...

/nerdgasm :smalleek:

It's not, but I'm not one to deprive someone of a nerdgasm.

Here's a translation guide (owod vampire to nwod vampire) published by White Wolf:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=86202

(I've not reviewed this product, I dunno if it's any good)

It doesn't say, which leads me to think that it's a repackage of 3rd ed. If it was an update for NWoD (which would be a huge undertaking), they'd certainly say so.

nWoD Vampire the Requiem has been updated with additional systems of rules (as well as new and covenants and global structures for existing ones). The book is called Danse Macabre (I do own this book and it's very good) found here: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=88846 .

BobSutan
2011-05-14, 04:21 AM
Am I the only one shocked it's been 20 years already?

KillianHawkeye
2011-05-14, 07:03 AM
Am I the only one shocked it's been 20 years already?

No, you are not. Time flies when you're having fun. :smallamused: