PDA

View Full Version : Need help with an online Campaign

bansidhe
2011-05-11, 03:44 PM
Ok,for my sins I have agreed too be an online DM,too run small group[2-4],one shots,that,hopefully will go on too something further.

Right,apart from the ,OMG! what have I done?! feeling,I need some advice.

Non-specific setting,3.0/3.5

This is what I dont want,No Drow,Dragons,Liches or other undead cliche Bigbads,no city criminal gangs etc...though looking at it here,some cliches are unavoidable.

My Idea:An Anti-Blightbinger Campaign...this means I can bring in low lvl blightspawn,in various areas eg:Sewers/Forests...hell you get the idea.

Was thinking of making them maybe druidic rather than clerical,and because there main force is divine based ,maybe look down on arcane casters in general,use them as fodder?...maybe thralled Oozemasters?

Obviously,this is all going too start very small,classic rats in the celler stuff..and im hoping that the players wont catch on too quick,[a lot of them have way better google-fu than me!]

So,any Ideas and are there any Blightbringer/ooze guy novels about?,even fanfiction would do for inspiration.

Will it fly? is there enough too play upon for several mixed groups of various types and alignments?...time will tell,but info would help!

Tried the google thing,im getting basic info on my planned protagonists,any link you can find would help ,and in fact ANY help would be warmly welcomed,im bricking it here!

I throw it out too the playground,hopefully something will return :)

Yora
2011-05-12, 04:53 AM
The Forgotten Realms book Unapproachable East has quite some material on Druids of decay and the creatures they control. If you can get your hands on it, there might be some useful stuff in there.
Here's a sample: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rp/20031105a
There was also a three or four adventure mini campaign in Dungeon Magazine once. I think it was called Spawn of Sehan or something like that. Not entirely sure if that was the one about oozes and such, though.

bansidhe
2011-05-12, 05:50 AM
Thankyou!,i had found it seconds before replying,and the terms therein has helped my searches enourmously.

Its definatly all coming together in my head and notes now :)

ILM
2011-05-12, 06:09 AM
Talontar Blightlord. Weak-ish class, but coolest name ever.

Actually, now that I think of it, UE has really nicely-named PrCs. Teflammar Shadowlord? I don't even know what a Teflammar is (or where) but I want one.

On topic: if the whole campaign is going to be evil druids and plants and oozes, make sure your players get some advance warning. While of course you can't tell them everything beforehand, certain campaign choices have mechanical implications and I wouldn't want to be a sneak attack fighter in a campaign where everything has the plant, ooze or undead types. Or a sea captain in a desert world. :smallbiggrin: