PDA

View Full Version : Is their a list of Evil Outsiders listed from Weakest to Strongest?

Sims
2011-05-11, 04:58 PM
I saw it once on the net, but I can't find it anymore. It was like all the demons and devils, from weakest to strongest. I just wanted to see it again so I had a better idea of what to gauge.

Of course, the strongest were Abominations and Demon/Devil Lords.

Is their anything weaker than a Mane?
And anything stronger than a Balor (or arguably Pit Fiend)

LOTRfan
2011-05-11, 05:04 PM
Yes, it is in Fiend Folio. I forget what its name is, but it is a demon. I'm sure the Fiendish Codices also have generic fiends more powerful than Pit Fiends/Balors, as well.

mootoall
2011-05-11, 05:11 PM
I thought those 1 HD demons that collapsed into puddles of goo were the weakest? Forget their names. Lemures? And I'm pretty sure the Demons and Devils lists are in order of progressing HD, if that's a measure of power.

LOTRfan
2011-05-11, 05:13 PM
Nah, Lemures have 2 HD.

These a type of tiny devil that is so pathetically weak, they have to attack in swarms. Technically, the swarm statblock is stronger than the average lemure, but do they count as weaker than a mane?

nedz
2011-05-11, 05:18 PM
{Scrubbed}

Sims
2011-05-11, 05:25 PM
{Scrub the post, scrub the quote}

Darn, I can't read PDF's on my current computer. But thanks though. When I switch over later I can use this :D

Tael
2011-05-11, 05:30 PM
Darn, I can't read PDF's on my current computer. But thanks though. When I switch over later I can use this :D

Can't read...
You do realize that the best PDF readers are both free and cross-OS right? If you can access these forums you can probably download a PDF reader.

sreservoir
2011-05-11, 05:40 PM
Can't read...
You do realize that the best PDF readers are both free and cross-OS right? If you can access these forums you can probably download a PDF reader.

unless you're on a public computer, of course.

what use a public computer is if it can't read pdfs, on the other hand...

Jude_H
2011-05-11, 05:46 PM
Gnorman on BG made a pretty cool list (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5573.0) with some quick rundowns for summoner players. It should be applicable here.

The CR-based listing is below the individual monster run-downs.

AslanCross
2011-05-11, 06:01 PM
Yes, it is in Fiend Folio. I forget what its name is, but it is a demon. I'm sure the Fiendish Codices also have generic fiends more powerful than Pit Fiends/Balors, as well.

The Klurichir is more powerful than a Balor. I'm not so sure if there's anything that's more powerful than a Pit Fiend in the Infernal hierarchy though, barring the Archfiends.

elonin
2011-05-11, 06:26 PM
Did they copy the banes from 2e? They were 1 hd devils as I recall.