PDA

View Full Version : {nWoD} Hunter: the Vigil- Hunting in the Shadowlands

Lex-Kat
2011-05-11, 07:30 PM
Players
Bushranger: Brenda Delacroix (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=296385)

ChrisRawr: Thomas Hunter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=293228)

Malmagor: Wilson Hall (http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/10787)

Ocel: Lee Van Cleef (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=296086)

Shadowcaller: Isabel Chevalier (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=295553)

Thanatos 51-50: Jonah White (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=295899)

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10974496#post10974496).

Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196088).

Lex-Kat
2011-05-12, 03:51 AM
Brenda
In the small town of Dunken, New Mexico is where you'll find the Wild Rose Saloon. The men here are wild and restless. They outnumber the women thirty to one.

During a slow day, Brenda was down stairs playing cards with the saloon's regular card sharp, Craig Lawson, along with Meria and Anastasia. Meria was the woman who had convinced her she was wasting her talents at the dinner across the street.

Anastasia was a young Russian mail-order bride who's husband to-be disappeared the day before she arrived. With no where else to go, and no money, she began working at the Wild Rose.

((Roll: Intelligence + Subterfuge.))

Thomas
The eighteen year old Yellow Flower was a pretty young woman, who had been born from horrible circumstances. Her indian mother had been raped by a cowboy who'd found her while herding cattle.

After her mother had described her attacker, pointed him out to the local sherriff, and testified in court, the jury had found the bastard innocent.

Thomas had helped the Chief, who was Yellow Flower's grandfather, track the monster down. In the end, Thomas had almost felt sorry for him. He would have been better off going to prison.

Years later, Yellow Flower had come to Thomas. She was his gift from Chief Iron Bear for his help. This, of course, did not help his reputation. The ABQ Journal had a field day telling lies about him being the real father. How he'd manipulated the girl's mother into accusing the wrong man. And this was the beginning of his war against them.

Yellow Flower sat next to Thomas. She was telling him about a Train that had been attacked by Werewolves two months earlier. Father says that the white soldiers transporting something bad on the train. That is why the Garou attacked.

There is rumor a journalist in a small town saw something. But Father's not sure where she is, or who.

((Roll: Intelligence

Also: There are no computers. But seeing that your character seems to be a Lawyer, maybe you could move some of those dots to Law? And maybe one dot in academics.))

Isabel
Isabel was sitting in her mansion, reading the local ABQ Journal. It seemed that womanizer, Thomas Hunter was sueing the journal again. Once again, he was claiming that the journal was spreading lies.

She'd, of course, heard of him. Beyond his possible womanizing ways, and the possbile lie that he was the father of a half-breed indian girl, he also claimed to have seen a werewolf attack, first hand, and survived to tell about it.

It was a lead that she had been intending to follow-up. But how to do it, while avoiding any scandal? Isabel set aside the paper and took a final sip of tea before heading off to her class.

((Roll: Intelligence + Contacts))

Jonah
Jonah woke up clinging to his horse. He didn't even remember falling to.... with a start, he sat up straight on his horse. Where the heck am I? He asked himself.

Whiskey Rose, meanwhile, was busy drinking from the river.

Jonah could see mountains to the west of him, and smaller ones in the far distance to the south.

((Roll: Wits + Survival to figure out where you are. :smallamused:

Also: Make your Field Surgery Kit a +3, and the Horse a +2.))

Shadowcaller
2011-05-12, 08:28 AM
Isabel

Werewolves? That was indeed a interesting lead, but it had to wait. Perhaps once she had some time over she could check it up. It was not every day she could find clues of the supernatural as easy as opening her newspaper after all.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

((OOC: I claim darkred as Isabel's speech color.))

Thanatos 51-50
2011-05-12, 09:03 AM
Jonah White, Bandit and Doctor Extraordinaire!

Jonah White scanned the horizon and let his eyes pass over the mountain range in the distance.
Probably the Rockies he had heard about.
The doctor dismounted and retrieved a water-skin from Whiskey Rose's saddlebag.
"Good girl, there. Don't worry, we'll get you stabled and resting soon." he said, petting the mighty mare's palomino coat. First things first, though - Jonah took a couple steps upstream from his steed and emptied the remainder of his 'skin into the river before kneeling down and filling it again. It would do no good to have what was in there contaminated by anything brackish. As far as he could tell, he had filled the skin last 4 days, two hours ago, but he had no idea how long he was out, and there was no point in taking any chances.
Last time he had...
Jonah squeezed his eyes and shook his head, as if he could expel out the memories of the Lawman.

His fight with the un-natural creature playing back in vivid detail every blow taken could be felt again, the sheer horror at watching the other Opium Raiders dye the desert sands red, the feel of his Peacemaker's twin kicks as it silenced the mad Lawman. All of it, there was nothing he could - think about something else. Anything else.

For a moment, Jonah was able to hide into a memory from a
long, long time ago - back east, there was a girl, and she was quite fond of his Daddy's railroad money, she had assumed Jonah would go far, and she was loose with her virtue. Great night, but it didn't work out as well as she had hoped. Sally, she said her name was. She was pretty.

Jonah pulled himself out of the memories, and stared down at his bulging 'skin for a few moments longer before returning it to the saddlebag.
"So, Girl, whaddaya say we find you a stable?"

The Bushranger
2011-05-13, 01:33 PM
Brenda Delacroix

The quiet late morning suits Brenda fine, while she can be a bit of a 'wild girl' at times even she enjoys the occasional peaceful time with her friends, and a card game is always a good way to pass the time. Meria, of course, being her employer and companion, the one person in the world she trusts unconditionally. Anastasia being somebody she felt an odd kinship with, with nothing to go back to and having lost who she came for; she tries to keep an eye on the young Russian girl, and tries to learn some of her language to go with the French she knows. Mr. Lawson she trusts a bit less; he's a nice enough fellow, but card sharks always attract trouble...

Allowing her train of thought to dissipate as she eyes her cards, she considers her hand, then looks around at her gaming companions once more.

Int+Sub [roll0]

Lex-Kat
2011-05-14, 10:54 AM
Brenda
Fold! Meria says, tossing her cards toward Craig. She stands and heads to the bar. Anyone else want something?

Get me a shooter, dear. Craig says in his friendly Alabama accent. He then looks over to Brenda, who was sitting across from him. Your call.

Brenda looks down at her cards. She hadn't been doing too well. But as she fanned the cards out, she saw two aces followed by two queens.

As she thought about her choices, she heard the heavy footfalls of someone approaching behind Anastasia. She could see him reach down and begin to paw her breast. How much for a poke, darlin'? he said in a low gruff voice, almost a growl.

Eight. Anastasia said in her heavy russian accent, not looking up at him. As if she hadn't even noticed the man groping her.

((Eight is the base price the girls here charge. For regulars they may lower it to seven or six, depending on how regular, and how much the girl likes her customer.))

Isabel
Isabel stood before the class pointing at the letter "e" with her stick. She'd been teaching them all about the letter and all its many uses for the last hour. Some of them got it, others..... well not so much.

She'd planned to teach them French as well as the other academic necessities. But she'd found on her first day that they spoke their own language attrociously. How could she possibly teaching them hers, if they couldn't properly speak their own?

As she turned back to the class, explaining once again how i before e works, she saw Timothy standing at the back of the class watching her.

He was one of her contacts at the Journal.

((I want to give Chrisrawr time to post, otherwise there would be more.))

Jonah
As Jonah dipped his waterskin into the cool, clear water, another memory came to him.

A lovely young girl at a saloon called the..... what was it called? Oh well, it didn't matter. It was the only saloon in the small town. But the poor girl, she looked so frightened. So out of place.

Jonah had "saved" her from the advances of three prospectors who'd swarmed to her like coyotes to a dying buffalo. She'd had a wonderful accent.

And then it dawned on him where he was. He was between the Sacramento and Guadalupe Mountains. And this was the Rio Penasco, it ran about two miles north of the town, Dunken.

chrisrawr
2011-05-14, 02:33 PM
((OOC:))Gladly, very good point xD Academics: Law now has dots instead of computers :smalltongue: Also, very nice setup with the Retainer; I was going nuts looking for something neat to put there.
Thomas
Intelligence: [roll0]

Quickly snuffing his pipe (He knew Flower didn't like it when he smoked) and marking his page, Thomas engages Yellow Flower more respectably. "And good morning to you," he chuckles, "A journalist who's cried wolf, eh? Would your father know which county he'd be in?" He strokes his chin, contemplating his options, "We could be up for a vacation, if you'd like? I'm sure there's people who'd love to see me out hunting a journalist down."

The Bushranger
2011-05-15, 04:42 PM
Brenda

"I'll have the same," Brenda calls to Meria with a smile, looking down at her cards once more. Aces and queens...hmm...

"Call," Brenda declares, looking up to Craig with a neutral expression. Her poker face helped a bit by the man deciding to stalk up to Anastasia, regarding him with a bit of a frown on her pretty face as he paws at her co-worker. "Sir, if you can wait until we complete our game?" she asks politely.

Thanatos 51-50
2011-05-15, 05:18 PM
Jonah
The doctor mounted up, ensuring his iron was in easy reach and gently reigned the horse around.
"Drunken is around here, right girl? Let's get riding."
Jonah turned Whiskey Rose's nose south, and kicked her into a generous trot, allowing both speed and for the mare to not over-exert herself. It may have been a while since she ate.

Shadowcaller
2011-05-15, 05:43 PM
Isabel
A bright spot at least, she had enough teaching for today. She found the attitude of some of these Americans slightly bothering.

"Pardon." She says in French as she see Timothy. "Please continue practicing. You are making progress." She ensures her students before she goes outside the classroom to see what the journalist had for her.

Lex-Kat
2011-05-18, 12:24 AM
Thomas
Yellow Flower smiles at Thomas. No. But I think it is safe to assume that the village is somewhere between Carlsbad and Fort Bliss.

She stands up, taking a couple steps backward toward the upstairs. So, should I pack?

Brenda
Meria nods to Brenda, then continues on to the bar.

Anastasia, still being pawed by the stranger, looks at her cards. She looks up to Craig, then smiles. I'll raise. and tosses in a 10 cent coin.

The stranger glares at Brenda, as if angered that she spoke to him, and daring her to speak in such a tone again.

Something about him tells her it wouldn't be wise to chance it.

Craig tosses in a ten spot of his own. Call.

Jonah
Whiskey Rose snorted once and turned to the south. She trotted along at an even pace.

As he got closer, Jonah made adjustments to his heading, realizing they needed to go back toward the west, or they'd miss their destination.

As the town came into view, the sun was beginning to set. He could see the two competing eateries. One more respectable, the other disreputable.

One had nice clean baths available, good food, and clean glasses. The other, decent baths, alright food, whiskey, cards, and most importantly, loose women.

Isabel
Timothy nods his head respectfully. Miss Isabel. Here is the information you requested on that train robbery a few weeks back. He hands her an envelope. And word has just come in about that rash of medical thievery over in Texas. It seems they attacked the wrong city. Only one of the bandits got away. Killed a visitin' ranger as he rode away.

He looked excited to be delivering this news. Likely hoping to get more than his usual pay for such news. His hand hung loose at his side, but Isabel knew it'd be up in an instant to recieve the coins.

chrisrawr
2011-05-18, 02:04 AM
Thomas

"Only two suits, and the rest, work clothes," he says wryly, "I have a feeling I'll be doing some footwork, Yellow Flower. I know it's no problem for you, but I've got soft feet and white man's skin, and I don't want to peel like a ripe banana over a reporter." Getting to his feet, he adds, "I'll arrange for our stops with the telegraph, if he's in. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have heard something." Sighing as he puts on his hat and boots, "It won't be the first time I've been told I'm crazy."

Thanatos 51-50
2011-05-18, 10:42 AM
Jonah directed Whiskey Rose to the more - disreputable - saloon. He was always more comfortable with the Raiders and their low-class hangouts than he was back home, dodging socialites.

Shadowcaller
2011-05-19, 08:17 AM
Isabel
"Merci Monsieur Timothy." She replies in a soft voice, taking the envelope as she also hand over twice the usual pay she usually gives for these things.
"Take your girlfriend out for a night of fun, yes? I swear all you Americans do is work all day long. Have some fun now." Isabel says with a mysterious smile.

The Bushranger
2011-05-19, 05:12 PM
Brenda

Brenda draws back a little bit at the stranger's glare, and quickly looks back down at her cards, although she discreetly keeps an eye on him as she awaits her drink.

"Call," she says after a moment, sliding another ten into the pot...

Lex-Kat
2011-05-20, 05:23 PM
Thomas
Yellow Flower smiles brightly for a moment, then frowns. But saying nothing, she quickly heads upstairs to pack.

((Roll Intelligence))

Jonah
After tying the horse to the water trough, Jonah enters the Wild Rose saloon. There's a card game currently in progress, a cardsharp and two ladies of the evening.

But the only reason he can tell the third is a lady, as there is another man hovering over her, is he can see her pretty red dress with black lace hanging over the chair.

Call. the other lady says, sliding a coin into the pot.

The three players lay out their cards, the man taking his time as he does so.

As he begins to pull in his winnings, the man behind the prostitute lifts her out of her chair, making her yelp and squeee, then begins to carry her toward the stairs.

Jonah recognizes her.

((Please give a description of your character in the next post. You can look at Bushranger's spoilers from his next post on.))

Isabel
Timothy smiles broadly as he recieves the money. I will Miss Isabel. Thank you. Thank you, lots. He then takes off heading back toward his home in a almost fast walk, as if he wishes to run, but doesn't want to draw attention to himself.

When she opens the envelope, it has the information promised.

Train Robbery
It was a military train. It was making an unusual run during the midnight hours. A witness statement says that the train was running silent ((as silent as a train those days could run :smallamused:)).

It looked as if... coffins were being loaded onto the train. At least six, but the witness arrived after loading had begun.

No other passengers, besides the guards, were seen boarding.

Medical thieves
Two of the crew that were killed were brothers. The third wasn't known to the area.

The last of them lived for a short while before passing on. He told the sheriff that he and his brother had met the really smart eastern yankee. The yankee, who the outlaw refused to name, suggested they steal medical supplies, instead of rabbin' banks. And then, sell the medical supplies to those in need of them, for higher prices.

Before they could get anymore out of him, he died.

As for the ranger, he hasn't been seen since he ran out after the last thief.

Incredible as it sounds, more than one witness says that the ranger was keeping up with the horseback thief, wihtout a horse of his own.

Brenda

Craig looks around to the other players, never looking up at the stranger, with a bit of a smile. He waits for them to lay out their cards.

Brenda lays out her pair of Aces, pair of Queens, and finally a four of clubs.

Anastasia, just a little bothered by the man over her, lays out her hand. 3 nines and two deuces. She smiles brightly, sure she was winning the pot.

But Craig lays out first an Ace, followed by a King, then a Jack, and lastly a ten. All hearts. He smiles as he lays down the last card. The Queen of hearts.

Anastasia's jaw drops, but all that escapes her lips is a yelp as the bear of a man behind her lifts her out of her chair and proceeds to carry her away.

((Please give a description of your character in the next post. You can look at Thanatos' spoilers from his next post on.))

chrisrawr
2011-05-20, 05:45 PM
Thomas

"I wonder what's up with her... Oh," he mutters. "One day I'm going to have to do something about that... Yellow Flower!" he calls, "Are you sure you couldn't find out more from your father and his friends, if we dropped you off with them while I do some of the drudge work?"

[roll0]

Thanatos 51-50
2011-05-20, 07:35 PM
Jonah walked calmly into the Wild Rose Saloon, pulling off his wide-brimmed hat as he did so, holding the cap in his left hand, and quickly ripping a flash of red cloth from his neck and stuffing it into the pocket of his long, brown duster, slit up the back - like any self-respecting horseman would have. His hands were covered in lightish-brown gloves, with odd padding along the knuckles and the back of the hand - padding which seemed to shift slightly as he walked.
A keen eye would catch a glint of heavy iron under that duster.

His presence in the room was - minimal. It was almost as if he let - or couldn't stop - the room from dominating him. His face was leathery and tanned from hard days riding out in the sun, with a distinct line where he usally kept his hat perched.
He smiled a toothy grin at the card table and those around it. Those teeth may have been well-maintained once, but have since fallen into the coffee-stained norm such men of the road often wore.
"Y'know, pahtnah, if the lady is yelping, it might help if y' paid her." he casually tossed aside at the struggle as he approached the card table. His accent was clipped, short, definitely from the East, dropping the "r"s as people from there were said to do.
"As it is, any of y'fine folks know where I can find me somehwere to feed the nice Palomino mare I got outside?"

The Bushranger
2011-05-21, 12:14 AM
Brenda

One of the young women sitting at the card table is a voluptrous brunette, who sets down on the table two Aces, two Queens, and a Four of Clubs. She has long hair that is, at the moment, pulled back into a respectable hairdo, and her blue outfit shows just enough to tantalise, both below the neck and up the side of her long legs, mostly hidden under the table.

Brenda watches Anastasia's hand with interest, but Craig's makes her jaw drop in surprise.
She opens her mouth to say something, but then her head snaps around at the Russian girl's gasp. And she pushes her chair back from the table, scrambling to her feet, and reaching down torwards the fashionable boots that she wears. "Put her down!" she calls, Jonah's question going unanswered for the moment.

Shadowcaller
2011-05-22, 09:19 AM
Isabel
What was stolen from the train exactly? The coffins?

Isabel quickly goes through the papers she finds in the envelope with an determined expression very unlike the the usual smile that normally plays on her lips.

She reads it again before stepping back into the classroom, "So I hope you have practiced while I was gone children." She says with a smile, looking at them sharply as she picks up her pointer and directs their attention to the letter E once again. "Let's start all over in case you forgot while I was gone..."

Once the day is done however she will go and try to uncover more information of these events.

Lex-Kat
2011-05-23, 06:51 PM
Thomas
Thomas gets silence in return.

He can then hear the light footfalls of Yellow Flower coming back downstairs. Did you say something, Mister Hunter?

Jonah & Brenda
((Misunderstanding. It was a yelp of surprise, not a scream for help. *Shrugs* My fault.))

The huge man tosses the young prostitute over his shoulder, turns toward Brenda and growls low. She's mine! I paid for her. Then without another word, he heads up the stairs.

Anastasia doesn't struggle, much. But it's a playful struggle. And everyone down in the bar can see her smiling as she's carried away.

The Bartender calls out to Jonah. There's a stable `round back. Give the boy thar a'piece, and he'll take good care of yer mare.

Craig continues to pull in his winnings, not bothering with the ruckus.

Jonah, there's something familiar with the big man than just headed upstairs. He doesn't look like anyone you've met before. But.....

((Both of you, roll your Alertness + Perception, or the equivalent. Jonah, you have to get 7 or better. Brenda, you have 8 or better.))

Isabel
The official word is...... What train? There was no train on the tracks at the supposed time of assault, on that day.

Unofficially, no one knows for sure. The coffins is something new. But the rumor is that the military was moving large sums of gold, weapons, and some even suggest slaves. That the secrecy is part of a deal being made between America and Mexico.

The ones suggesting slaves also believe that the military is part of the KGC, Knights of the Golden Circle, a secret society of Confederates trying to keep the Civil War alive.

Isabel knows of the KGC, or at least the rumors of it.

As she rejoins her class, one of the older girls smiles at her, and retakes her seat. She obviously had taken over while Miss Isabel had stepped out.

Her class is showing some slight improvement by the time she gets back. Elizabeth is a good little helper, it seems.

After the day is done, Isabel heads to her next contact to find more information.

Choose one: Sergeant Belamy, who works at the 6th Calvary Arms Depot in the city.

Kelli Anderson, Librarian, local historian, and little known ghost writter, who works at the nearby St. Francis Missionary Library.

chrisrawr
2011-05-23, 08:35 PM
Thomas
Clearing his throat, Tom repeats, "I'd said perhaps your father would remember more a few details if he had you around to jog his memory?" He finds himself smiling like a goof, as he usually does when their eyes meet. "I'm sure he misses you, as well - How's about you drop off with him, whilst I drudge around a couple of towns. We can meet up and compare notes later tonight, around a fire." He sighs, remembering the last time they'd visited - He wasn't much good at hunting deer, but he'd felt like part of a family. "I miss sleeping under the stars, anyways," he murmurs.

The Bushranger
2011-05-24, 08:55 PM
Brenda

Brenda, noticing Anastasia's apparent approval of the situation, relaxes and gives the man a nod, returning to her seat at the table. "Well. With that out of the way..." she mutters, then composes herself, giving Jonah a bright smile. "Traveled a long way, stranger?"

[roll0]

Shadowcaller
2011-05-25, 08:58 AM
Isabel
I suppose Isabel would go with the (hopefully) more sophisticated librarian rather then some army man.

Thanatos 51-50
2011-05-26, 10:09 AM
Jonah, Troublemaker
Jonah absent-mindedly grabbed a piece from his jeans under the riding duster and tossed to to the boy, eyes fixed on the man with the saloon girl over his shoulder.
It wasn't polite to ignore the saloon girl, he knew, but there were more important things at hand.

Options. What are the options? They can hear gunshots, so stalking would be ruined. Don't know if he's like the Lawman, either. And he's done nothing so far, but that poor girl. If he is Evil, then that poor, poor girl.
If he isn't, I've still let something... un-natural walk free. He could be a danger. Have to see. Have to provoke him, see what he does when he's angry. To people. Normal people.

The bandit stepped forward, slightly closer to the woman with the fancy boots who seemed to care for her friend. Jonah gripped the body of his revolver through his coat for a quick moment.
Had the boy left, yet?
"Seems to me," Jonah began, running the possible outcomes through his head.
They weren't good, most of them, but he had killed one before.
"Anybody who thinks he owns a woman 'cause he paid her for a poke is more Wolf than man, besides having everything all backwards, that is. Somebody might get it in their head to keep her from you."
Jonah's free hand lightly gripped the table and he surveyed the cards upon it.

Cause a ruckus. Make his blood boil. The Lawman lost himself when the action got intense, if this guy is the same...
"Nice hand there, big Winner." Jonah said smoothly, looking at the one claiming the pot.
"It's really a shame that you cheated."

OOC in the Spoiler:

A lot of stuff happening here, so let's get to it:
First roll: Jonah trying to get Brenda to take the hint something is very, very wrong. Manipulation + Socialize seems to be the best fit here? Untrained, so a -1 for one die.
[roll0]

Second Roll: Trying to piss of the winner of the card game and start a brawl. Manipulation + Empathy, maybe? If the gambler is really a criminal, than the specialization kicks in. Besides, it's a really, really easy task to start a fight by accusing somebody of cheating. I'm going to drop three dice, feel free to ignore the ones that don't count.
[roll1]

Third Roll: If there are any coins on the table near his hand, Jonah will attempt to lift them while his mouth is causing all this misdirection. (Dexterity + Larceny?)
[roll2]

I'm also readying an action to upend the table, should the fight-starting work and end up pissing off our gambling friend. Don't know how heavy it is, so here's a Strength + Athletics just to be sure. Note that Athletics is untrained, so I'm taking a die away.
[roll3]

Lex-Kat
2011-05-26, 09:43 PM
Thomas
((It'll take more than 1 day to investigate the southern towns. The train that you'll be taking to get to Carlsbad will take about 8 hours, one way. By horse, it'd take you longer.

I'll assume you meant you'll get back to her after a week? Or are you planning to just investigate around Albequerque?))

Yellow Flower pouts. I want to come with you, Thomas. She looks away. It does not matter where I go, I am still a half-breed to most. Even among my people.

She loks back to Thomas, a tear in her eye. When you are away, and grandfather is not near, they insult me as the white men do. To them, I may as well be full-blood white. she looks insulted. I am Mescalero (a tribe of Apache, :smallsmile:). she says proudly.

Isabel
Kelli is a very intelligent young woman. When Isabel first came to the library of Albequerque, Kelli immediately tried to befriend the foreign girl.

She was even willing to pay you for French and etiquette lessons. ((Up to you if you gave them to her, and how much you charged))

Kelli has a mind like a steal trap, a photographic memory. Anything she sees, she can bring back to mind with little effort.

When Isabel enters the St. Francis Missionary library, Kelli is sitting behind a large stack of papers and reading a book. As you get closer, you can see that it is "The Murders in the Rue Morgue" by Edgar Allan Poe.

She seems to be engrossed in the book, as she does not notice Isabel approach.

Brenda & Jonah

The boy deftly grabs the coin in mid-air. Thank you, suh. then heads outside to stable Jonah's horse.

As the big man carries anastasia away, who is now beginning to giggle like a school girl, Jonah steps over to Brenda.

She takes a step back, not kowing what will happen next. Travelled a long way, stranger?

"Seems to me," Jonah began, running the possible outcomes through his head.
They weren't good, most of them, but he had killed one before.
"Anybody who thinks he owns a woman 'cause he paid her for a poke is more Wolf than man, besides having everything all backwards, that is. Somebody might get it in their head to keep her from you."
Jonah's free hand lightly gripped the table and he surveyed the cards upon it.

As Jonah looks down at the card-sharp, he knows that the gambler cheated these girls. "Nice hand there, big Winner." Jonah said smoothly, looking at the one claiming the pot.
"It's really a shame that you cheated."

Brenda is too stunned by the accusation to get everything that is happening. So she misses it when Jonah swipes three gold pieces, as she glares at Craig incredulously.

Craig stands up, his hands raised in surrender with a smile. It was just a joke. I... was going to give it all back. Promise. There's fear in Craig's eyes. He's no gunfighter.

Just as Jonah is about to turn his attention back toward the john taking away Anastasia, he sees Craig lower his hand, and hears the mechanical click released hidden gun up Craig's sleeve.

Jonah upends the table into Craig, catching him by surprise. As Craig falls back, his gun goes off. Bang!

((Roll whatever you think you need to, for whatever actions you are taking.))

Thanatos 51-50
2011-05-27, 08:43 AM
Jonah dashes around the upended table and towards the gambler on his back.
He hadn't expected that, although in retrospect he probably should.

Man with a gun - step one, disable his advantage.
Jonah took a half-moment to examine the cheater as he lay, judging where the gun was, and which body parts he could reach.
This wasn't the outcome he wanted, he needed to provoke the wolf, not this poor guy.

Then the doc dropped his knee into the offending gunman's wrist and jabbed for his opponent's solar plexus in one swift movement.
Best end this quickly.

Okay, this is decidedly less rolling: I probably still have the surprise round, but:
[roll0]
And to commence the beatdown:
Strength + Brawl is 5, +3 for the sap gloves is 8, plus one for the Kung Fu specialization (Because, seriously, when am I not going to fight in a specialized style?) I guess, technically, this is a targeted shot to the torso, but focused attack lets me do that without penalty. Also, he's prone, so that grants +2 to Brawl attacks.
That's eleven dice before accounting for his defense and Armour, and since I don't have those stats on hand, I'm just going to roll 11.

[roll1]

The Bushranger
2011-05-29, 03:51 PM
Brenda

Staring in surprise at the sudden accusation by the stranger against Craig, Brenda stands once more, her eyes wide. "But...we've played many time,s and never had anything - "

It's at that point that things start happening fast, with the click of the gun being released, the table upending - and the gunshot.

Brenda grabs for her own Derringer, concealed in the boots that she wears, and goes to dive behind a nearby table! She has no desire to have a stray bullet end her time, not here, not now...

chrisrawr
2011-06-01, 05:22 PM
Thomas

((It'll take more than 1 day to investigate the southern towns. The train that you'll be taking to get to Carlsbad will take about 8 hours, one way. By horse, it'd take you longer.

I'll assume you meant you'll get back to her after a week? Or are you planning to just investigate around Albequerque? ))

((yes; I'd meant after I was done investigating - however long that took. I'm far too used to driving :C ))

Thomas walks to her and folds her into an embrace. "I know, I know - I'm just... giving you options. We'll find this reporter together, then. It'll be a nice outing, don't you think?" He hates seeing her so distraught. "Hopefully he's the only reporter we'll have to deal with..."

Shadowcaller
2011-06-01, 10:20 PM
Isabel
"I'm not disturbing anything am I?" Isabel asks with a smile as she steps closer to Kelli. "It's nice to see you again Kelli. Too bad I'm not here for an, uh... social visit as you call it." She smiles again, "I came for information." Isabel nods gently towards the young woman.

Lex-Kat
2011-06-05, 01:56 PM
Brenda & Jonah

As Craig stumbles backwards, Jonah comes around the table and swings for the gambler.

Craig, who wasn't quite on his back just yet, tries to latch onto Jonah as he falls back, but Jonah gut punches him, doubling him over. Craig has released the gun, which is hanging off a metal contraption in his sleave, and holding his stomach.

He raises one hand. I give! I give! he pleads.

Brenda jumps for cover, but how she ended up is unknown for the moment.

(Bushranger- Roll Brenda's Dex + Athletics.))

Unfortunately, the brawl did not have the wanted affect on the big man, and he has disappeared upstairs with his paid for prize.

Thomas
Yellow Flower heads back upstairs to continue packing. It'll take her about 45 minutes.

Tell me what Thomas does in the meantime?

Isabel
Kelli startles only slightly, places a marker in her book, and sets it aside. Madame Isabel, you could never disturb me. How can I be of service to you? She stands up, leaning slightly forward. What are we researching today?

chrisrawr
2011-06-05, 03:04 PM
Thomas
Excitement over for the moment, Thomas sits back in his chair and continues reading his book. After a moment, he reconsiders, and makes tea for himself and Yellow Flower.

Thanatos 51-50
2011-06-05, 04:37 PM
Jonah
"I'm not liable to believe that's a genuine assertion" Jonah said smoothly a he brought another blow around to clobber the gambler - not particularly caring where he hit, as long as he hit hard.
"Oh, lady with the boots, you may want to look after your fine Russian friend." Jonah said, tossing the words over his shoulder, trying to do his best to seem at most only mildly interested.
He had to wrap this up quickly.

STR 3+ Brawl 2+ Spec 1+Gloves 3 +Focused Attack 1
[roll0]

The Bushranger
2011-06-09, 05:41 PM
Brenda

Having managed to avoid falling flat on her face, Brenda scrambles to her feet behind a turned over table, Jonah's words sinking in a little.
"Don't hurt him!" she pleads - cheat or not, Craig's always been a good man at least when she was around - as she turns, heading for the stairs, the newcomer's assertion about the nature of the 'client' having rung a few alarm bells in her head...

Shadowcaller
2011-06-12, 06:36 PM
Isabel

"Something exciting of course." Isabel replies with an mysterious smile. "I snapped up something from my contacts today, seems like the KGC was involved in an train incident, or so I gathered. I was wondering if you could help me with that mademoiselle Kelli?"

chrisrawr
2011-06-19, 03:05 PM
My grandmother died this morning (Sunday, June 19, 2011). I'm going halfway across the country to her funeral, and will be largely unable to post for the next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. If this game is still alive, DMPC me as Batman if necessary.