PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Beta Test Run (IC)

Tsumeken
2011-05-11, 08:36 PM
The gulls fly high in the sky overhead. Another lazy day passes on the town of Roguetown, (I know it says Logue in the One Piece wiki... but it does mean Rogue so I'm going with that) still one of the biggest economic centers in all of East Blue. The town square is quite active as many merchants are attempting to cash in while the getting is good as they've heard rumors of a new pirate crew coming through later this week. Ships have been chartered, Marine activity has increased, everyone seems to be trying to quickly get out of dodge as it were, leaving those who can't afford the departure to their own devices.

(You all start at various parts of the town though I doubt all of you start together. So... go!)

VirgoBushin
2011-05-11, 09:27 PM
Isabella "The Demonic Huntress" Suzaki

Isabella yawned, stretching slightly as she awoke. She had slept in, she knew but yesterday had been her lazy day, more or less. Now she was eager and ready to begin hunting again. She wasn't sure what it was, but something was telling her today would definitely be an interesting day, if not that plus a good one. With a slight smirk on her face, she got out of her nightgown and into her typical attire which consisted of a comfortable pair of denim blue jeans, a black tank top and a matching leather jacket. On her feet, she had a pair of durable yet normal shoes. Stilettos and boots weren't good for when she did need to run so she stuck with wearing those.

She smiled, looking out her window while brushing out her blond hair, binding it in a tight ponytail as she looked amongst the people from her current position. No one looked like a person who had a wanted poster though then again, she wasn't even at a good enough angle to determine that yet. "Let's see what I can find today, hm?" She murmured, laying her brush down and sheathing her katana by her right hip.

She had already paid for a month's stay at the place so that wasn't a worry for her as she headed down the stairs and went outside of the inn. Once out in the open, she lowered her head a bit, giving off a mysterious aura of sorts. She liked having that on, especially around wanted people, Marines, or both and knowing both were probably out there would make this all the more fun, causing her smirk to widen more so. Her head was lowered only to temporarily hide her crimson eyes but not so low she couldn't see the faces of individuals. And so the hunt begins... She thought, allowing her eyes to gaze around in hopes of noticing a bounty, new wanted poster, or hell even a mere Marine would suffice. They were fun to chase at times too ... though sometimes boring if they were too low of a rank.

Spot check: [roll0]

tonberryking
2011-05-11, 11:44 PM
Yojiro was in low spirits this morning. Mostly because he was incredibly hungry.

The food vendors, at least the ones with carts, would all flee any scene he arrived on, this act possibly starting a rumor that a giant horse man was going around savaging harmless food salesmen. Not that he had any money, mind you, but he figured that with his size and stature (and that sword, mustn't forget that) he could have reasonably expected a handout but damned if the little buggers were fast. He was too hungry to catch up to them in this state. The vendors who happened to own stands, or better yet restaurants, were shrill, unreasonable people who threatened the Marines on him the moment he approached. As belligerent as he was, Yojiro didn't really want to try living on jail food.

So by mid-morning, all he had to show for anything was a bucket. A plain old wooden bucket that while reasonably made and clean, wasn't really edible. A cart vendor dropped it in haste of fleeing the hungry ronin, and for whatever reason it seemed like it could come in handy.

And it was, too. A moment ago, after approaching a large fountain in some square, he wasn't sure which one, Yojiro found he at least had plenty to drink, shoving his equine snout into the bucket and hoping as he slurped the contents greedily, that it wasn't salt water. He doesn't care if this presents a spectacle. After all, he's tall as mast, wider than two men and has the head of a horse with an incredibly long, shaggy white mane that reaches his chest. Not to mention the robe he wears is made from three smaller robes. How is he not one already?

Finding the bucket empty, face still dripping wet, Yojiro decides that if anything, he should find some work fast, or at least some sort of hand out in the way of food...

Two Gather information checks in the area: One, to see if anybody is hiring mercenaries, and two, to see if anyone can make him a "Will Merc for Food" sign.

No, really.

[roll0] [roll1]

Limos
2011-05-12, 12:20 AM
Don Megalo

"Mornin'!" A deep, booming, bubbly voice echoes through the square. "I hear ya been scarin' some friends a' mine." The owner of the voice drops the end of his food cart and stomps a little closer to the sopping wet beastman. Just topping six feet in height Don is solidly massive. With great rippling upper body muscles and a squat mean face with a set of impressive choppers. The two beefy meat hooks he calls hands are tipped with sharp black claws rather than fingernails. He is wearing a chainmail vest under his starched white apron, and a pair of brightly colored silk pants. His legs are surprisingly small and wiry compared to his upper half, but balanced by the thick tail that drags along the ground behind him. The enticing smells of fresh food drifts from the food cart.

"You got somethin' against cooks?" Don cracks the knuckles on both hands and attempts to draw himself up even larger. Oh boy this is a bad idea, but I can't let nobody push us around. If we start giving out food just cuz' they're scary soon nobody's gonna pay for nothing. Don thinks, gritting his formidable teeth to hold back his trepidation at the larger and better armed ruffian who the food vendors had been running to him about all morning.

I've got quite a bit of unspent money so I would happily spend some of it on some food and a small cart to fit my persona. What else would a chef be doing around town anyway?

tonberryking
2011-05-12, 12:40 AM
Yojiro

The beast man snorts, in a rather horse like fashion, letting a blast of hot air assault the fish man, who is nearly the same height as Yojiro sitting down now.

The mane of hair, which not only blocks the eyes from view it covers a portion of the veritable snout entirely, gives the ronin a pretty good poker face but it's clear that if Don Megalo was looking for trouble, he found it.

*snort* I was just gonna ask those cowards fer a handout. Ain't my fault if they run away with wet britches cause of that." Yojiro responds, though curiosity gets the better of him as he looks over Don's shoulder.

"What's on yer menu, today, pal?"

Limos
2011-05-12, 01:06 AM
"Just want some food eh," Don says, looking up at the horse creature. "Oh yeah I got food, best food in the city." Don stumps over to his food cart and opens the lid letting the delectable smells waft out into the air. The interior is stuffed to bursting with various foodstuffs, all freshly cooked and steaming in three separate compartments.

"Meatballs so spicy they'll put hair on your chest. Fish Pasties with cream gravy and veggies inside." He waves one clawed hand over the assembled foodstuffs, "Big juicy sausages with fluffy buns, I bet you want some of this don't you big guy..."

Don slams the cover back on to the cart, locking the food away, and snarls up at him. "But no bellis, no food. This ain't a charity outfit."

tonberryking
2011-05-12, 01:24 AM
Drawing himself up to his full, 9 foot tall height, the horse ronin peers down at the fish chef as one meaty, three fingered hand adjusts the scabbard of that sword of his against a wide sash. A sneer plays over rubbery lips and for all the world, it would seem as if the fury of the storm is going to be unleashed before something round, wooden and still slightly damp is thrust in front of Don Megalo's face.

"A bucket, short stack," he growls. "How about one bucket fer something in that cart, eh? Howsabout??"

Despite the inanity of this moment, he seems quite serious in his offer.

Limos
2011-05-12, 01:42 AM
Don Megalo looks shocked as Yojiro shoves the wooden bucket under his nose, his many toothed jaw hangs slightly slack from shock and he just stares at him for a long moment. Then he burst out a loud belly laugh, his entire frame shuddering with mirth as he slaps his thigh and laughs until he begins gasping for air through his gill slits. "Oh, haha, you're too much ponyboy. A bucket, ha ha heh hooo..."

"Sure sure, you get one meal for makin' me laugh like that." He opens the lid of his cart again and waves over the contents, "But just one mind ya, from the look of ya, you'd eat me out a business before you're through. Keep yer bucket, got one a my own. But don't get no ideas, I still think I could take ya."

tonberryking
2011-05-12, 10:05 AM
A pause.

Grinning a toothy grin, Yojiro responds by lifting up the bucket and proceeds, before Don can try to stop him, to pluck one of each item from the cart, pasties, buns, and meatballs and drops them in the bucket.

And repeats the process until the bucket is full. Admittedly, it's not a LARGE bucket like for storing paint, but this does allow him to at least make a few trips 'round the buffet. With the tact and manners he showed drinking water, the horse ronin proceeds to stick his snout into the bucket like it's a feed sack and without remorse tears into his meal, sitting down on the fountain rim in the process.

"Yer alright, fins... and a sharp cook, too." he says between bites,"Mrphlch... So, *urp* any idea why everyone else's all in a rutt? Heard somethin' about pirates coming to Roguetown but had my mind on food too much to care."

If he already knew about his earlier attempts to get food, Yojiro assumes Don Megalo is a man about town of sorts and might have information he himself can use, like where to find work. Or more food.

Asdfth
2011-05-12, 05:07 PM
Luri
Luri gets up from his room puts on his usual blue Skypiean dress and got his grey coat and put it on to start the day. Before leaving he grabs his bag wich have a few bandages and gauze but he knew he needed more. So he decided to go to town and look for some herbs to make some medicine or more bandages, and other medical supplies. He go looking around and while looking he see and hears the giant horse man and the fishman arguing. "I should head over there and treat who them because all I can see is a huge fight breaking between them. he mumbled to his self. As he was walking over there he heard the Fishman laugh. Luri let a sigh of relief "Well at least they avoiding fighting each other." He then goes walking to go find some medical supplies.

How much are heal kits or items to their affect? Also can I have a list of medicines I can make with craft Medicine?

Tsumeken
2011-05-12, 05:32 PM
Don & Yojiro:
While you two share in food and company, most of the other vendors are hastily packing up. They're ready to get out as quickly as possible.

Luri:
You find a very nervous vendor though he is willing to sell you the supplies you need at an incredibly reduced price (only about 15 belli for everything you'd want). He seems very nervous and is in a hurry to pass of his wares.

(Will PM you a list of that sort of thing later. A heal kit costs 20 belli. Yeah though, we hadn't quite thought about medicines yet but that will probably be one of the next things to be added to the manual.)

Isabella:
As you step out of the inn, you spot a large fishman and a ... horseman (?) apparently engaged in conversation. You recognize the horseman from one of the wanted posters you've seen lately. Apparently his bounty is as high as yours.

Finishing up what you were doing, there is suddenly a loud siren and a voice that comes over the loud speaker, "All units in the area please report to the port immediately! A ship is approaching! It flies no colors! Prepare for assault!"

Asdfth
2011-05-12, 07:37 PM
"Luri
Luri smiles at merchant and reaches in his pocket and hands him and reach for 15 Beli. "Thank you very much." He takes the supplies and puts them in his bag. Then he hears the announcement he thanks the merchant again and goes off to the port and prepare to go help those who might get injured.

So is 35 beli for the supplies and healing kit or is everything 15 beli?

VirgoBushin
2011-05-12, 07:42 PM

Isabella studied the ... horseman? Was that what it was supposed to be? At any rate, she studied him from afar but couldn't see any immediate threats from merely gazing at him and thus even if he did have a bounty the same as hers, something told her she could find better. As if someone had read her mind, there was indeed the sounds of sirens going off and hints of a pirate ship, at least she assumed, arriving.

Irregardless of whether this had been the one everyone had been on the look out for or not, this spelled more opportunities than she'd been seeing but a couple seconds ago and she wasn't about to let them slip away. Heh.. let's see what we've got here, hm? Pulling her katana out of it's sheath, she began running off towards the port.

Limos
2011-05-12, 08:06 PM
Don Megalo

"Looks like the time for talkin's over, ponyboy." Don grins toothily and looks towards the port. "We got visitors come a' callin'. I'm a' go have a look, better than draggin' my cart around with no customers ya?" The sharkman pulls out a sign, hangs it on his cart, and then parks it next to the fountain. The Sign reads: Don's cart, Touch it and I'll eat you. There is a small cartoon shark mouth drawn on the bottom. He takes off in a waddling short legged run towards the docks.

tonberryking
2011-05-12, 09:59 PM
Yojiro

Despite the temptation to rifle through the ungarded food cart, Yojiro displays surprising tact by only pinching a single pasty before following after Don. His feet (which in this state look more like rhino toes than solid hooves,) clack slightly with his lengthy gait.

"Y'know, with invaders comin, guy like me could probably make some good money as a yojimbo. Think the marines'll be able to handle it?"

Tsumeken
2011-05-12, 10:13 PM
When you all arrive at the port, you see the ship in question. The Marines stand ready on the piers, readying their weapons. There is a resounding boom as cannon fire flies from the pirate ship, causing the Marines to scatter. The Marine ships that had already been prepared begin to fire back in kind. You all happen to spot something that the Marines don't seem to, however, and that is a second ship coming from the opposite direction.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-13, 08:28 AM

Isabella looked amongst everything going on now and quietly began to figure out how to go about this all. On one hand, she could help out the Marines; simultaneously, she could also try to aid the Pirates. But with her being a bounty huntress, she always had one thing that helped her determine her decisions for such situations like now and it was the answer to one simple question; from what side would she gain more benefits from?

Just even before she saw any proof, something told her the answer was the Pirates. However, one can never be too sure and because of just that, Isabella nodded to herself after a bit. I think I can wait a bit to see how this all plays out... Sure enough, she sat down a little away from the pier but still in range to be able to see who would win and who would lose. The winner would get her assistance or, if they didn't want that, at least one of their heads gone, especially if it was the Pirates that would win. She smirked as her eyes remained on the extra "unseen" ship that was slowly heading over here. "Time to see who wins, hm?' She murmured softly to herself.

tonberryking
2011-05-13, 06:43 PM
Yojiro

Though convinced that the sword on his hip cursed him into a horse body, Yojiro is still aware that he can't swim now either (stupid sword.) Thus when he sees the second boat from the other direction he makes no move to commandeer a dinghy or otherwise lead a charge against it.

"Hey Fins, I'm new here," he starts, pointing out the second boat. "Think we oughta do something about that? There's no profit in it but if these are "kill-everybody kinda pirates", I ain't about to brook that crap.

[roll0] Kn. Tactics to see what the othe rpirates are up to, or at least have an idea...

Tsumeken
2011-05-13, 06:56 PM
Tactics check
The 2nd pirate ship at a glance appears to have no cannons and a skeleton crew, they are most likely to land soon and Try to fortify themselves in town which would trap the marines between their main ship's artillery and the land based assault.

Limos
2011-05-13, 07:11 PM
Don Megalo

"That depends, how many are there? The marines might pay us for a couple bodies, but I ain't jumpin' in on somethin' that'll get me killed." Don flexes his muscles and looks Yojiro up and down. "Figure I could take a couple, you probably more. They might even have bounties... Let's get a bit closer and see whats up."

I don't have ranks in Move Silently, but here goes a couple checks

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen
[roll2] Move Silently

Asdfth
2011-05-13, 07:35 PM
Luri

Luri goes and looks for a table to set his supplies to help both pirates and marines who get injured. While retrieving the table he looks up and sees a second ship coming. He was nervous for a moment thinking what to do. Then he opens his bag and reaches for his bow and arrows. He flies to the nearest roof to take aim. Then he shouts, "Second ship incoming!!!!!

Tsumeken
2011-05-14, 12:51 AM
The Marines turn about and begin to fire at the second ship while the first ship is dealt with by only one of their cruisers instead of both. Some of the soldiers run past members of the party, standing near the pier in an attempt to get to higher ground.

A horn is blown as a few pirates scramble off of a nearby ship. They look like fairly wild men and can be assumed that they are here to plunder and pillage, nothing more. One in particular stands in the far back wearing a large bear skin over his body and hefting a great ax over his back. His large form is bronzed, most likely by the sun and he seems to be fairly tall for a human.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-14, 04:56 AM

Isabella chuckled softly as she heard someone finally point out to the Marines there was a second ship they hadn't seen prior till now. Even still, it seemed that despite them noticing, it wasn't doing as much good as it could have. Then again, Isabella wasn't overly amazed really and it had been why she'd bet on the Pirates winning. They had always, for years, been superior in almost everything and outsmarting the Marines was definitely one task they excelled at. It made more sense as to why she often found so many more wanted posters than saw more Marines.

"Well then... now that that's basically settled...." She murmured, now standing up and walking towards the pier. Her smirk widened upon seeing what she assumed to either be the captain of this crew or someone close to him, like a first mate or right hand man.... something like that. Either way, the fact his posture was proper and his clothing were all hints that he was obviously of high standards. Her eyes remained on the man as she studied him, trying to figure out if he was worth anything or not. Irregardless, a friendly "spar" didn't sound too bad considering it'd been a while since she had had a good challenge.

INT check since don't have the appropriate Knowledge skills
[roll0]

Tsumeken
2011-05-16, 09:19 AM
Isabella:
The man is very well known. His name is Largo the Golden Lion. The ax on his back is probably just for show as he is a very adept hand-to-hand fighter and is known for using nothing more than his fists on more than one occasion.

DM's Rolls:
[roll0]

(The roll above does not pertain to the players. This is a new roll I just thought of in order to handle the large scale battles from One Piece. It is called a BOP* battle [* = Balance of Power] which will determine what side is winning more than the other in case that influences any of your decisions.)

The Marines, still at ground level, fire their rifles into the crowd of pirates but most of their hits are non-fatal which seems to just spur the group on ,causing them to close distance quickly and cut down most of the Marines while they reload. Those at higher ground/in buildings are having a much better time at it thanks to the timely warning. (Out of 100 for Pirates vs. Marines, I would say the ratio right now has gone from 50:50 to 68:32 in favor of the Pirates)

Don &Yojiro suddenly find themselves face to face with two of the marauders while another seems to have encountered Isabella. Luri remains safe on the roof as it would take them a while to get to the top of the building.

Limos
2011-05-16, 11:32 AM
Don Megalo

"Well Ponyboy, looks like the fight just came to us." Don grumbles as he limbers his arms. He rushes forward and rakes at the man with one clawed hand. "Maybe if you get your horse butt in gear they'll pay you so's you can actually afford my cooking!"

[roll0] Attack vs. Marauder
[roll1] Damage (it is damage die plus Strength modifier for claw attack right?)

VirgoBushin
2011-05-16, 02:21 PM

Isabella merely smirked upon seeing that the captain was definitely well-known, meaning he had a bounty. This is a good day thus far... Good seemed to be an understatement, however, as another pirate jumped in front of her. She chuckled softly, allowing her crimson eyes to meet his, "I do applaud you for being able to face my demonic eyes... however, you will not be able to tell any of the crew what it felt like to stare at a demon, I fear." She drew her katana, her eyes never leaving his, chuckling and smirking as she got ready for her fight. "You will be the first to fall, then your captain is next... make no mistake." She added, deciding to rub more salt into the wound, per se.

Init: [roll0]
Intimidate Check (see if he loses morale or something): [roll1]
To hit roll: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
One word for all of that.... daaaaamn..... :smalleek:

Asdfth
2011-05-16, 03:31 PM
Luri

I really don't like were this is going. He thought to himself then as he saw the pirates outnumber the marines he decided to stay away and shoot at the Pirates.

Initiative [roll0]
To hit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Tsumeken
2011-05-16, 05:19 PM
Yojiro & Don:
As Don's claws rake at the first pirate marauder, he is easily able to hit the much slower opponent. They don't seem happy about it as one moves towards Don and the other goes for Yojiro, drawing swords as they do before attacking.

Vs. Yojiro
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vs. Don
[roll2]
[roll3]

Isabella:
The pirate nimbly dodges, which is odd considering his size before lifting a large wooden club in two hands and bringing it down. He then grabs at his back, letting out a scream as an arrow pierces through him.

[roll4]
[roll5]

Luri:
Your shot arches beautifully, right into the back of one of the pirates who has a club and is going toe to toe against a blond haired woman with a katana. It hits right in the back, between the shoulder blades. It wasn't a fatal shot but enough to cause discomfort.

tonberryking
2011-05-16, 09:29 PM
Yojiro

The horse-ronin gives them even more to be unhappy about as Yojiro draws his two handed tsurugi-like blade, with an oddly dark blue color on the steel, faster than God intended these sort of things. In the split second it takes for him to get into a good stance he grins dangerously and picks a random marauder.

Lesse.. Initiative: [roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2][roll3] (Note: i found out the Large upgrade for 2d6 is *4d8* instead of 2. This is likely going to be something you're about to nerf but in case not, I've split up the damage rolls)

VirgoBushin
2011-05-17, 05:06 AM

Isabella scoffed upon seeing the weapon of this pirate's choice was, of all things, a club. No... if she was gonna be defeated it'd be more properly. Clubs, she usually thought, were mainly used by things like giants not (usually) pirates. Though he was fast, so was she and as he swung, she took her turn to do so again.

To hit roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Tonberry:
No that's fine Tsume says. You were meant to tower over people anyways. :smalltongue:

Asdfth
2011-05-17, 03:38 PM
Luri

Yes. A direct hit. he thought to himself.He prepares another arrow to shoot at the pirates. "Fly my arrow hit the mark"He said to himself.

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Tsumeken
2011-05-18, 01:15 PM
Yojiro & Don:
The two pirates parry your blows as the one Don attacked begins to chuckle, showing an open mouth full of either broken or missing teeth. "Hehehe..... gunna make fishsticks out of you." The two begin their counterattack.

Vs. Yojiro:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vs. Don:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Isabella:
The pirate takes the hit allowing an "Umph" to escape his lips as the blade hits him. He scowls and simultaneously grits his teeth as he makes his own attack back.

[roll4]
[roll5]

Luri:
The man who you hit before seems to be on a bit more guard now as he dodges the arrow this time. A loud explosion can be heard from the port. The main pirate ship that had been at battle with the Marine ships goes up as a cannon ball from one of the marine ships punches through the hole and must have entered the powder room. The ships begin to turn their batteries towards land, firing volleys into large groups of pirates as they begin evening the field.

BoP Roll:
[roll6]

The largest of the pirates who could be assumed the captain (only Isabella knows because she did her check) scoffs at the loss of the ship. "Danged birdbrains.... if you ever want anything done right...." He ends his sentence there as he begins moving towards the center of town, cutting a swath through the Marines as he goes.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-18, 04:16 PM

Isabella winced slightly as the club actually landed kinda roughly upon her. This guy was, thankfully, more than he appeared to be after all, making her smirk. "Not bad... but I'm better." She merely replied, keeping her same arrogant tone from earlier as she swung again at the man.

HP bar: 3/10

tonberryking
2011-05-18, 04:55 PM
Yojiro

Now he wants to end these pirates on general principle.

Yojiro whirls his sword about in another swirling blue swing aimed for the same pirate as before; let's see how he likes it now that he's warmed up.

[roll0] Hoping to get a good hit in this time for a change.
Damages: [roll1]

Limos
2011-05-18, 05:20 PM
Don Megalo

"Okay, so maybe I bit off more than I could chew here." Don pants, clutching the wide gash on his left side. He rushes back in for another swipe, hoping to end things quickly before he bleeds out.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Asdfth
2011-05-18, 11:30 PM
Luri

Luri was about to reload and noticed the shark man from earlier was severely injured. He drops his weapons and flies toward the shark man. He pulls out a topical cream and applied it to the shark man's wounds. "This should make you feel better. Be careful though this scenario doesn't look good.

To GM
I assume I have some medicine from the heal kits. If I don't so lets just say I do because, I think we don't want our 1st combat in game to have PC deaths already >_>.
Rolling to heal for medicine. [roll0]

Tsumeken
2011-05-18, 11:54 PM
Isabella:
The man stands there dumbfounded for a moment as he drops his club to the ground, which falls into two pieces. He turns back looking at you as he reaches forward with a hand before falling, literally, apart; one half behind the other. Being unoccupied, you now have a chance to pursue the leader of the pirates as he apparently is making his way into town.

Yojiro, Don, & Luri:
While Don is fighting, he suddenly feels rejuvenated. A winged humanoid has flown down and dispensed forth a cream of some kind. The man you were fighting goes down, leaving one left as he seems to be taking his time dodging the horse man's blade. He takes a moment to slash back at the horse man as he realizes you are now unoccupied.

Vs. Yojiro
[roll0]
[roll1]

VirgoBushin
2011-05-19, 02:11 PM

Isabella smirked as she watched her opponent get split in half. As portion by portion of his body fell to the ground, her gaze immediately went back up to the captain. She bit her lip angrily, feeling that her body was actually kinda sore from the battle she had just finished... yet she wasn't one to give up so easily, especially once she had spotted her prey. That man, that captain had caught her eyes since the second her crimson ones met his figure and God help her if she'd just let him slip away.

And yet, how do you intend on going about this? All it'll take is one hit from him... you know this.... She smirked as an idea did indeed strike her. She would wait... allow him to go against the Commander of the Marines. Let him fight for a while and exhaust himself. Then, when he least expected it, she would get him. She nodded a bit, reassuring herself that the plan sounded satisfactory. A content smirk showed as her eyes remained on him but, for now, she remained where she was. "No sense in getting yourself killed now is there? Especially while no one has yet to recognize you...." She murmured to herself, keeping her katana gripped tightly in her right hand as she watched the battle that was about to begin.

HP bar: 3/10

Tsumeken
2011-05-21, 12:56 PM
BoP Roll:
[roll0]

The remaining Pirate facing off against Don and Yojiro is taken out by a stray bullet as the Marines are pushing the brunt of the forces backwards. Most of the action seems to be focused on the two leaders as they butt heads, sometimes literally, in their fight. They seem to be evenly matched.

Asdfth
2011-05-21, 07:05 PM
Luri

He saw the shark man seemed much better after his medicine. He then notice a blond haired woman on the battle field bruised up. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a few bandages. He then walks toward her and applies a few bandages. "This is not a quick fix but it should help some of those injuries you sustained. Though I think you should wait before rushing into combat."

VirgoBushin
2011-05-21, 09:29 PM

Isabella felt her grip instinctively tighten on her katana as a foreign hand began to touch her bruised body. It slowly got weaker, however, as she turned to see a winged man merely treating her wounds. She was a bit taken aback but not at all mad. Quite the contrary, she was impressed with the man's bravery, irregardless of why he had approached her. Most recognized her face in mere seconds and just from that, few ever tried to help her.

Moving a strand of her blond hair behind her ear with her left hand, she allowed her crimson eyes to remain on the man, seeming to study him quietly. After a bit, she finally spoke with an ever-so-slightly apparent smirk on her face, "Not many people dare to approach me, irregardless of intentions, and speak to me let alone touch me without my consent. For that, I commend your bravery." She was pretty sure this man was one of the more honest doctors and not the corrupt ones she had heard of before.

Her eyes finally left him then went back to the ongoing battle and her smirk seemed to widen even more. "One step ahead of you. It's actually what I'm trying to wait for... for Largo to get weakened enough, let his guard down, or even better yet both and then I intend to strike." With that, her eyes remained on her prey. She hated being in debt, especially in situations like this and if she could, she'd avoid seeming weaker than she probably already might have to this man. In her eyes, thanking him would have been one way of going about that method so, for now, she said nothing more.

HP bar: 5/10

Tsumeken
2011-05-23, 01:56 PM
BoP
[roll0]

Withb a sickening crunch the large axe of the pirate captain cuts into the shoulder of the marine seargent, who appears now to be on his last legs. All other pirate activity has been contained for now though.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-23, 02:26 PM

Isabella let her legs gently swing as she patiently waited. It was.... something she wasn't used to but when circumstances like this came up, she knew it was the best thing to do. Her eyes went from the Marine to Largo. Her smirk remained as they seemed to be on par with one another. Heh... the Marine actually isn't half bad....though.... As the ax found it's mark in the Marine's shoulder, she took that as her cue and got up on her feet, allowing her thoughts to finish up, ...he's definitely better. Sometimes you gotta be able to fight in both disciplined and undisciplined forms and both work well against Pirates like Largo.

She whistled as she approached the two, aiming to get Largo's attention as she spoke, "Largo the Golden Lion... your head and bounty will soon be mine!" Figuring she may as well take advantage while his ax was still stuck, she dashed towards him, swinging her katana at him, aiming to move it horizontally across his chest

HP bar: 7/10

To hit roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Limos
2011-05-23, 06:57 PM
Don Megalo

"Go get 'im ya crazy broad!" Don cheers from a safe distance before turning to Yojiro, "Dunno about you but I'm knackered. Think we should help?"

Tsumeken
2011-05-24, 04:38 PM
As the young lady swings her blade, the large man blocks it with a bracer on his left arm. "Heh... bounty hunter, huh? You got good timing. But I doubt you're here to try and save him. More for the money I'm sure." He pushes the blade away with his arm as he turns towards Isabella, leaving the ax in the Marine's shoulder. "I worked hard to become the scourge I am today. I'm not gonna let some little girlie end my run!" He cracks his knuckles as he moves towards Isabella.

To hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

VirgoBushin
2011-05-24, 04:43 PM

Isabella merely smirked upon hearing his compliment about her timing. It hadn't been the first occurrence for her to hear those words. She looked over at the Sergeant then scoffed lightly, "Why should I? He's more likely to turn me in then you would, or any of your kind for that matter. They're too into discipline.... and yet that's their flaw and why only I can beat you." With an arrogant smirk, she swung again, aiming at his shoulder as she dodged his fist easily.

HP bar: 9/10
Round 3/5 for the bandage

tonberryking
2011-05-24, 08:33 PM
Yojiro

Yojiro snorts with indignation at the sight of loosing the chance to chop this annoying pirate in half but his attention is finally gotten with Don's question. He doesn't even pause to think as he charges away towards the axe-pirate and the girl with a steel ribbon of a sword.

"Hey, when chips're down, save the girl. S'what I always do..." he yells, swinging his awesome blue blade about like mad in case anyone piratey gets stupid enough to get in his path.

"Hey, Bathroom Rug!!!" he yells, trying to get the pirate's attention, "Pick on someone yer own size!!!"

VirgoBushin
2011-05-24, 10:09 PM

Isabella glanced over out of the corner of her eye as an, at first, unfamiliar voice spoke towards her direction. But the words were directed at Largo, not her. She only knew that much because he'd mentioned the word "pirate" and that was something she definitely was not. She smirked, keeping her eyes on Largo but spoke back, remembering it was the same person she'd recognized with a bounty equal to hers, "If you think I'm incapable of defending myself, you're sorely mistaken. Lest you want to be next when I'm done with Largo, I suggest you stay out of this unless it appears I actually need help. For now, however, I'm fine...." Her grip on her sword tightened. She really did hate being viewed as a helpless girl, especially now that she was the age of an adult.

HP bar: 9/10
Round 3/5 for the bandage

Tsumeken
2011-05-25, 02:26 PM
Largo is hit and keeps his eyes on you but acknowledges the onlookers with a smirk, "Big talk Horseface, how about you come and join us.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-25, 11:30 PM

Isabella smirked more upon hearing Largo's reaction. "Oh? Think this is too easy? Funny... because so far you haven't hit me but I can say that I've definitely made a cut in you. And from here on out, it's only gonna get worse." Her serious and more stoic face reappeared as she swung at his chest, this time making the sword go in a vertical direction as opposed to a horizontal one.

HP bar: 10/10
Round 4/5 for the bandage

Tsumeken
2011-05-26, 06:07 PM
The second hit causes Largo to stumble backwards, almost falling due to his large frame. "I gotta say you've got guts but you have to have more than that in order to make it out here." He throws a punch as he finishes speaking, followed by a quick uppercut. Both hits land hard, knocking her unconscious as he turns to the other two. "She put up one hell of a fight. It's a shame the way she went down." He looks back to the bleeding Sergeant and then walks over to retrieve the girl's body. "I could use some young hellraisers like you on my ship. If you're interested, come back to the port with me." He begins walking with the girl thrown over one shoulder before stopping, as if he forgot something and walks back chuckling. He grabs the handle of the ax and pulls it free from the Marine's shoulder. "Hmph... oops. Almost forgot this." He then continues back towards the port.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Asdfth
2011-05-27, 12:45 AM
Luri

Luri watches as the girl swung at the large man hitting him. Yes maybe this will end soon. He thought to himself. Then he see the large man strike her twice and she is knocked out. He looks around and finds a staff on the ground he picks it up and runs toward the swinging. "Let go of my patient.

I couldn't think of a transition of getting the staff so I had to think of something:smalltongue:.
Init [roll0]
To Hit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Tsumeken
2011-05-27, 02:18 PM
(LOL alright this will work out ina funny way)

The large man turns back with a "Huh?" Just intime for your staff to club him in the center of his forehead. This blow coupled with the earlier ones seem to do it as the mans eyes roll back into his head and he falls with a thud dropping the woman as he does so.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-27, 05:17 PM

Isabella groaned, her eyes half-open and half-shut. She was barely conscious and now rather annoyed. As she turned, she saw the same winged humanoid standing near herself and the now unconscious Largo. N..no way! He beat Largo?! Damn! She sheathed her katana angrily away, beginning to try to sit up, breathing heavily as she kept quiet for quite a while. Finally (and somewhat reluctantly), she spoke to the man, "That... is twice you've helped me. So.... what do you want? I owe you so name it... name whatever you want and I'll give it to you...." Hopefully it'd be something that she could get done quickly as she hated being in debt to someone for too long.

Asdfth
2011-05-29, 06:38 AM
Luri

He smiles at the woman who he saved. He thought for a moment and look at the leaders of the Marines and the man he knocked out."Can you do me a favor and help me get these two man out of here for I can treat there wounds?

VirgoBushin
2011-05-29, 02:21 PM

Isabella felt shocked and rather quickly got over her exhausted and beaten state. Really? That was the favor? Well.. damn... maybe she should ask for these more often. It was a huge contemplation though as she realized she may have only gotten lucky and for the time being she was leaning towards no. It was a process in thought though. A smirk formed on her face as she wrapped her left arm around Sergeant's waist and her right tightly around Largo's. She didn't intend on letting him even try to get away... though from how much he'd taken already, she was pretty sure there was going to be a very slim he'd recover so fast. "Gladly...." She merely replied, chuckling slightly as she immediately went to turn in Largo. The Marine? Well.... she'd figure some place to set him down later. Her focus was on Largo though maybe since bounty hunters often turned their prey into the Marines, she could both off at the same place. Works out perfectly.... She merely thought, continuing to head towards the bounty station.

Limos
2011-05-29, 11:00 PM
Don Megalo

"Hey we got some heroes here." Don says merrily as he hobbles over to the girl and the doctor. "Glad I didn't have to deal with big ugly meself. I could've ya understand but I like to... delegate, yeah that's the word. Let me treat ya to Dinner! Give ya the Roguestown thank you."

Don frowns, "Well not the actual Roguestown Thank You, what with the backstabbing. I mean the thank you that you'd get in a civilized kinda place."

Tsumeken
2011-05-30, 06:15 PM
The time passes as the marines clean up. (if you want you guys can have the meal still just pretend you made it, it will cost no beli.)

A certain Seargent approaches you... well mainly Isabella and whispers to her

Isabella
"ma'am... we can't pay you the full bounty.... we're not a ship that carries that much on us, it would take the mens wages themselves to cover the differance and I can't ask that of them.... We can pay 2500 beli and that's all (orignal bounty was 8,000) however... we can throw in a small ship for your troubles as well, already outfitted with cannons and stocked on supplies (of course the ship he speaks of is the second pirate ship that arrived in port since the first was blown away.)

The man waves after he finishes speaking and awaits her reply.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-30, 10:42 PM

Isabella scoffed lightly, amused that usually most humans were terrified of sharks, not the other way around and yet it seemed to be the case for this one. In truth though, the person she had mostly disappointed within was actually the horse man. She knew he had a bounty... she never got those wrong and yet if it was equal to hers, he had to have at least gotten in enough of a situation that meant he got close to if not actually killed someone.. meaning he should have known how to fight. His actions, however, seemed to prove otherwise and thus why she was disappointed. Maybe his bounty was given to him by accident? Mistaken identity or something?

Her mind quickly left thinking about him, however, as the Sergeant finally walked up to her. She shot him a disgusted glare, thinking seriously all the while. Normally, she wouldn't accept not having enough belli as an excuse, however, the offer of a ship to make up for the lack of what she should have been given may be able to make up for it. After all, they would provide her a way to continue her job and weren't immediately trying to her her in... which in itself was a good sign. Meant they weren't completely stupid.

After a bit of thinking she sighed, still a bit annoyed, but nodded all the same. "Only because you're adding the ship in... otherwise I wouldn't have accepted that excuse. It's pathetic in fact and you ought to be ashamed to call yourself a Marine. But... this will do for now." She held her left hand out, waiting for the exchange to be completed. Her right remained nearby her katana in case he dared try to cheat her out of her reward.

Tsumeken
2011-05-30, 11:01 PM
The Sergeant sighs with relief. He was afraid you wouldn't take it, your reputation as a demon proceeding you. "Me and my men will be heading out now." He says, handing you the bag of belli and throwing a salute to you all before heading towards the harbor.

VirgoBushin
2011-05-31, 03:07 PM

Isabella barely kept herself from rolling her eyes at the salute but still managed to refrain from doing so. The second they left, she grabbed a plate along with some of the food and ate, albeit at a bit of a distance. She had to admit that having a ship would be nice.... but therein laid the main issue. She scoffed lightly, finished chewing before turning to the doctor and two... animals. "So... any of you know how to steer a damn ship by chance? It won't do me any good to have been given one but not know how to drive it. Or if none of you can, perhaps one of you knows someone who can?" Hopefully it'd work out one way or the other. If not, this could get really annoying very quickly.

tonberryking
2011-06-02, 11:26 AM
One of the animals

Yojiro snorts. "I'm a fighter, not a navigator, lady." he explains, trying to get a look at how much belli is in the bag. "Point me in the direction of enemies to slay, food to gorge and I can out plan and outfight anyone in East Blue..." His stomach gurgles and in an act of humiliation, he nearly doubles over. "M'just off my game because I'm broke, starving, and I haven't saved a princess in nearly a year..."

Limos
2011-06-02, 11:34 AM
Don Megalo

"Sorry lady. Just a chef, I don't know much about navigatin'." Don shrugs sadly. "but this is Roguestown. More jumped up wannabe pirates ain't to be found anywhere else. Offer pay and adventure an' I'm sure we can scare us up a navigator."

The sharkman scratches at his gills for a moment, "While we're on the subject of adventure... don't suppose you'd be lookin' for a ship's cook, yeah? I been coolin' my heels in this stew pot for long enough."

Asdfth
2011-06-02, 11:46 AM
Luri

"Sorry I am just a doctor I am not really good at navigating." Luri thought of adventuring an how exciting it could be to find new plants and herb for medicine. "If you are traveling it is very important to have a doctor on board.
Luri then searches his bag an realizes he is out of supplies. "Ah the fight took more out of me then expected. I need to buy more heal kits." He looks at how much belli he has an knows he could two more heal kits. "Well I am off to get more supplies and get my bow back. I will be back soon." With that Luri took into the sky looking for his bow and arrows. After that he goes around searching for medical supplies.

Tsumeken
2011-06-02, 06:26 PM
As you all ponder on what to do about a navigator (and restock on any ammo needed) you find yourselves up a virtual creek without a paddle finding that no one present really knows how to drive a ship. The locals may know someone (of those left behind) that may be gracious enough to help you since you saved their village.

Asdfth:
don't mind using any Beli on restock.

Asdfth
2011-06-08, 09:47 AM
Luri

Luri then went off to the merchants to find some healing kits. As he walked up to the merchants. "How much are two healing kits?" He then start reaching in his coat to the beli. "Oh by the way do you know anyone who can navigate ships? You see I was received a message from a client and I need to get there by boat."