PDA

View Full Version : Potable House!

Qwertystop
2011-05-11, 09:09 PM
I have 2 requests here. One is for any rules relating to making a house that is an Animated Object, with various internal levers and stuff so it can do laundry, make beds, etc.

The other is to make it potable.

No, that's not a typo. I want a house that I can drink, then spit back up, as a method of portability. It is potable so it can be portable.

:smallbiggrin:

Any ideas?

(It's okay if it is not drunk rules-wise, as long as it goes into a character's mouth and can be brought back up)

Geigan
2011-05-11, 09:15 PM
Well shrink item for one so you can actually drink it all. Have to be careful as it may get digested, or if it comes out the other end it might not come all at once. You'll have to get some kind of liquid that's completely indigestible by your race, but this may have the side effect of tasting really nasty. If you have prestidigitation that won't be a problem though.

edit: perhaps stone to flesh, polymorph any object to a smaller oozey substance, then shrink item to make it small enough to swallow, then prestidigitation, to make it go down like schnapps. Should revert every 2 days back to the flesh house, then use flesh to stone to get your strong foundation back.

edit2: may be less prone to error if you made a custom item to do all this.

holywhippet
2011-05-11, 09:42 PM
Potable mean fresh enough to be put in a container for later drinking rather than meaning you can drink it. It would be a problem (hilarious problem, but still a problem) if you got hit with something that dispelled the shrink effect and made it enlarge in your stomach.

The one obvious problem with drinking and spitting it back up is that most species aren't able to drink a certain liquid and bring it back up later. It would be easier to make it transform into a fake tooth. It would be akin to an instant fortress.

AslanCross
2011-05-11, 10:19 PM
What if your body starts absorbing the house into your bloodstream? Or is it resistant to absorption and thus gets left in your intestines, causing you to have either diarrhea or indigestion? :smalleek:

I'd go with the tooth.

Anyway there's no rules for what you're asking for as far as I can tell, unless you base it on Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion and its staff of Unseen Servants.

You can also look at this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070423a) for ideas.

Zaq
2011-05-11, 10:23 PM
Well, speaking of false teeth, there is the alchemical tooth in Complete Adventurer (which, of course, holds a dose of an alchemical substance or poison). If you can get it into a liquid, you can store it in there.

holywhippet
2011-05-11, 10:27 PM
Another thought, ever seen Ninja Scroll? IIRC, one of the characters has had a leather skin implanted in his stomach which he can fill with oil and spit back up to use fire based attacks. In theory you could do something similar, DM willing.

Tvtyrant
2011-05-11, 10:32 PM
There is a prestige class that allows you to make potions of spells up to 9th level; make a potion of Mage's Magnificent Mansion and drink it to create the mansion around you. Probably not quite RAW, but pretty awesome.

Geigan
2011-05-11, 10:35 PM
Simple solution now that I thought about it. Take the instant fortress (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#instantFortress) and shrink item. Swallow it like a pill and just wait for nature to get it back to you. You could poly it into a liquid if you really must but it would need to be something indigestible as I mentioned before.

only1doug
2011-05-12, 07:29 AM
Simple solution now that I thought about it. Take the instant fortress (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#instantFortress) and shrink item. Swallow it like a pill and just wait for nature to get it back to you. You could poly it into a liquid if you really must but it would need to be something indigestible as I mentioned before.

Unfortunately by RAW Shrink Item (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shrinkItem.htm) doesn't work with objects that are already magical so it won't work with the Instant fortress.

LordBlades
2011-05-12, 07:43 AM
What you could use: Enveloping pit from MIC (it's basically a very large portable hole, large enough you can build a house inside. Just close the pit and then use Hoard Gullet (1st level spell from Draconomicon or Races of the Dragon that lets you swallow stuff and put it into an extradimensional 'stomach' so that you can spit it out later).

only1doug
2011-05-12, 07:55 AM
What you could use: Enveloping pit from MIC (it's basically a very large portable hole, large enough you can build a house inside. Just close the pit and then use Hoard Gullet (1st level spell from Draconomicon or Races of the Dragon that lets you swallow stuff and put it into an extradimensional 'stomach' so that you can spit it out later).

I'd advise discussing Interactions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#portableHole) with your GM before Planning to mix Portable hole & other Extradimensional space.

Fri
2011-05-12, 07:59 AM
You don't have to actually swallow it. Sun Wukong from the chinese legend stores his shrinkable staff in his ear, and I remember there's someone somewhere who store things in their mouth, between their teeth or under their tongue or something.

Yea, so you could have like, a false tooth where you can pretend to drink the house capsule but actually using predigistation to store it inside the tooth or something.

NecroRick
2011-05-12, 09:22 AM
For your first query:

permanent unseen servant and/or permanent prestidigitation

Or just do what Howl did and enslave a 'fire elemental'