PDA

View Full Version : The Wilderness

The Mister Guy
2011-05-11, 10:39 PM
Are there any books related soley to wilderness adventuring?

Thanks,
The Mister Guy

Half-orc Bard
2011-05-11, 11:12 PM
Core is actually centered around the wilderness mostly but there's no like frostburn type thing

Tvtyrant
2011-05-11, 11:21 PM
Races of the Wild and Masters of the Wild are the closest I know of. I'm not sure what exactly wilderness entails; do you mean forests?

Serpentine
2011-05-11, 11:23 PM
Yeah, depends a lot on what exactly you mean by "wilderness". Most generic stuff seems to assume temperate forests and the like, though.

The Mister Guy
2011-05-11, 11:26 PM
Pretty much anything. I'm running a campaign set mostly in the Beastlands and was looking for some extra material/monsters to use. I already own Frostburn, Sandstorm and stuff. I'm actually looking for something more general.

Tvtyrant
2011-05-11, 11:31 PM
The Beastlands always make me think of Tauric creatures, for which there is a template in Savage Species. In fact Savage Species would work well for the "animal" aspect of the place; savagely progressed humanoids who have been on the plane too long and the like.

Lastgrasp
2011-05-12, 07:49 PM
Legends & Liars: Wildscape by Fantasy Flight Games.
AEG Wilds (I think you get this for like $2 or $3 from amazon used)

They might be 3e, but I'm sure they have some good ideas in them

Axinian
2011-05-12, 07:52 PM
Frostburn, Sandstorm, and Stormwrack cover their various kinds of wilderness quite well.

If you're talking about your standard woods wilderness though, there isn't a dedicated book for that, but there's enough support for it so I don't think it really needed one.