PDA

View Full Version : Healing for a warforged fighter

Beelzebub1111
2011-05-11, 10:51 PM
Is there any way for a warforged juggernaut fighter to get some easy healing without relying on a wizard or having to pay so much for potions?

RaggedAngel
2011-05-11, 11:02 PM
Is there any way for a warforged juggernaut fighter to get some easy healing without relying on a wizard or having to pay so much for potions?

Not really, unless your DM decides to give you some fancy homebrew item. My recommendation is to pick up a level in Artificer, and get yourself a Wand of Repair Light Damage. It's useless in battle, assuming you have a low Cha, but out of combat you can essentially take 20 with your UMD roll, and wands are way more cost effective than potions. Still, that may not be worth a level, though there are lots of perks to taking a level of Artificer if you're a warforged.

Serpentine
2011-05-11, 11:04 PM
I got a DM to let me have a "repair button" installed on my warforged character. Move action, Repair Light Damage, a few times a day.

Zaq
2011-05-11, 11:06 PM
You can always use the Craft skill to repair yourself overnight.

If you go Crusader (which is much better than the Fighter at fighting), Devoted Spirit maneuvers should heal you just fine. Alternatively, Martial Study and Martial Stance are both Fighter feats, so you can easily pick up Crusader's Strike and Martial Spirit.

The feat Combat Vigor from PHB 2 lets you get fast healing 2 while in combat focus.

A wand of CLW (or any other source of magical healing) does work on you. Just not as well as on your meaty friends. Sorry, didn't see the "juggernaut" there.

gbprime
2011-05-11, 11:29 PM

Potions aren't an option either once you hit 3rd level.

One interesting option is the Tomb Tainted Soul feat from Libris Mortis. It makes you hurt by positive energy and healed by negative energy just like an undead creature. Only at 3rd level Warforged Juggernaught, you're immune to the healing subschool... so you cannot take damage from those positive energy spells.

This means that Inflict spells have 100% effect on you and heal hit points instead of hurting you. Depending on the composition of your group, this might be an easy source of healing. (Starting at WF Juggernaut level 4, it requires someone or some effect that can deal negative energy damage without using Necromancy school spells... like a Dread Necromancer, for example.)