PDA

View Full Version : Godspawn IC

Torgarn
2011-05-12, 01:04 AM
You sit in a tent holding a council. It has been several weeks since the gods stopped answering prayers of their followers. The world has been thrown into chaos. People who have devoted their entire lives to the gods are doubtful now. Your army has made progress against Berylim with the state of affairs. But is it worth the chaos and pain that is coming? you must discover why the gods have gone silent, before the world collapses on itself.

esorscher
2011-05-12, 08:32 AM
Leo looks around the war tent at the brave and intelligent counselors there gathered. He floats about a foot off the ground, his trusty lion curled at his feet, her head lazily resting on one heavy paw. "Well," he says, gesturing with his hands. "What are our ideas?" He thinks to the stone sphere floating some 50 or 60' above their head, and its planar traveling abilities, and the books it contained in its vast library. If their search brought them through the cosmic layers, his craft would suffice as transport. His wide, white-feather wings ruffle, a slight breeze created within the tent for a moment. The other angelic creature in the room, Leo's general Hawkin, remains silent.

Niezck
2011-05-12, 11:14 AM
A tall, hooded creature stands beside Leo, an oaken greatstaff in his hands. Glowing green robes flow around him as he exudes a strange aura, that of absolute, yet somehow diminished, power. Those with a divine connection would find this man both irresistibly appealing and an abomination to their religion at once, while others might merely find his presence unsettling. Whatever he may be, he's clearly of some power.

A booming voice releases itself from beneath the hood.

"Given the state of things, I'm afraid my powers are not as they once were, I can provide little council. Allow me a moment and I shall tell you what I can."

Casting a Divination spell to find out the best course of action at this point.

Denomar
2011-05-12, 12:16 PM
"To seek Pholtus is the first step along the path of The One True Way. The second step is to seek him first within yourself. So speaks the holy scriptures."

Pushing the flaps of the tent aside Lucian Sar-Feanor strides into the tent. Although he has his cloak tightly wrapped about his shoulders it does very little to hide the ornate golden armor beneath.

"As this is clearly a test of faith. We must prove ourselves worthy to hear His divine voice."

Zarthrax
2011-05-12, 06:00 PM
Jaran had been silent to this point, merely listening as the others made their reasons for doing this known.

He merely nods his acceptance of their reasons, but gives none of his own for traveling with them as he leans back in his chair and starts picking at a bowl of dates before him.

Finally, almost whispering as he says it, he responds.

"I am fairly certain your deity of choice isn't hiding himself within me, cleric. I don't have much use for gods normally."

Denomar
2011-05-12, 11:05 PM
"He is not Hiding. He is testing. So long as I do not stray from the One True Path he shall not find me wanting."

Lucian sounds positively smug.

Tacitus
2011-05-13, 12:24 AM
Ignus

Though not much taller than a human male, Ignus is powerfully built and his silvery scales speak of an impregnable mithral fortress. His eyes gleam a bloody red and upon his head a flame burns bright, but does not seem to harm him in the slightest. He has yet been fairly quiet, almost caught up in thought or extreme concentration. Tongues of flame and errant sparks occasionally leap from his fiery mane to the fabric of the tent. Were it not for his concentration, however, these embers would consume the meeting place, and indeed that same concentration is holding back an unending tide of heat. He does not even seem to breathe, but when finally he makes to speak his mouth opens to release a cloud of steam.

"Not carrying a light, Pholtan? For shame. Or perhaps you're a Templar, then?"

He chuckles as he turns his head away from Lucian, trails of smoke drifting lazily upwards from his snout as he allows a small trickle of what almost seems to be liquid fire drip from his mouth into his palm. It is extinguished a moment later, but for the moment it existed the tent spiked in temperature. He takes another breath and focuses himself as the temperature begins to fall again.

"Why a damned tent? I'm going to burn this to the ground before we're done, I will. What is it with people and flammable things. Cloth. Hair. Dirt. Its all bloody flammable."

Again the temperature spikes, and again he must pause to force the heat back inside.

"My suggestion, as always, is a direct application of fire to our problems. As that only seems to work when problems are represented in terms of forests that need to be removed -ie, all of them- or demonic hordes I'd suggest marching right into a few audience chambers dedicated to gods and demanding some answers. Most of them are on planes that aren't very hard to get to, after all. Though, getting an audience may prove to be quite a bit more difficult."

esorscher
2011-05-13, 08:14 AM
Leo waves his hand. "Easy, Lucian. You know not all of my counselors share your same fervor. It has never been a condition of mine that my supporters follow my faith, and it never will be."

"Ignus, you raise a good point. Traveling through the planes to the different halls of the gods seems a fine place to start. I believe my library might have clues as to where these gods dwell, unless anyone knows that already?"

Almost as if on cue, the floating golden-painted sphere descends outside the tent, revealing its iron door, awaiting their entry. The lion perks her head up.

The other angel, Hawkin, raises an eyebrow at Ignus's behavior and forest comments, and wonders about his brother's decision to include this creature in their quest.

Torgarn
2011-05-13, 10:57 AM
Shazralah

Seek out the gods themselves.

Niezck
2011-05-13, 10:59 AM
The robed figure suddenly brings a hand up to roughly where his forehead would be as he bends in seeming agony for a moment. A short few seconds later and he stands tall once more, adjusts his robe and speaks aloud.

"It is clear to me now. We must seek the gods themselves and our answers will reveal themselves."

Denomar
2011-05-13, 12:15 PM
"How very....Direct"

Lucian chuckles in amusement and gestures toward the sphere.

"By your leave General."

esorscher
2011-05-13, 12:50 PM
Hawkin chortles at Lucian's assessment. "Did you expect anything otherwise?" he says quietly under his breath.

Leo floats out of the room, Hawkin bringing up the rear of the group as they file out. Leo presses his hand to the iron door and it slides up into the walls of the sphere. A long hallway leads to the common area in the center of the sphere. The floors and walls are seamless, constructed of living wood encased within the stone.

The common area is well appointed, with a rune inscribed in the center. "That space is charged with positive energy," Leo explains. "Step there and be healed."

The tour will have to wait for later, because Leo leads you into the luxurious library. Three young women, one blond, one redhead, one brunette, work in various areas of the library. The brunette and eldest, around 30, seated at the head librarian's desk, looks up. She stands up and walks over to the group.

"Good afternoon, Brenda." Leo says to her. "Blenda, Renda," he calls over to the blond and redhead, respectively, and they dutifully turn to him and away from their present tasks.

"We need to find the gods' homes. I'm sure our libraries may hold some insight. Any clues?" The three women head to various corners of the libraries, bringing back books to aid their search in their various areas of expertise.

The three librarians (Expert 1) all try to Aid Other.
Knowledge Nobility (Brenda): [roll0]
Knowledge Religion (Blenda): [roll1]
Knowledge History (Renda): [roll2]

Niezck
2011-05-13, 01:11 PM
Stepping forwards, the robed figure drops his hood, revealing a beautiful human face. Despite his obviously human looks, his eyes are faintly glowing and appear to be golden, matching his golden-blonde hair. By all accounts, he looks very young, yet you know this to be false - Shazralah has been wandering the multiverse for a good many centuries and appears not to age.

"If you would allow me a piece of paper, General?"

If he receives paper, Shazralah will quickly note down a long, extensive list of all deities known to him and their divine realms. First of the list is his favoured lord, Boccob.

Denomar
2011-05-13, 01:16 PM
For a brief moment Lucion regrets that he cannot cast his spells. He could be in the heart of Mechanus in a moment otherwise. Stifling the sense of doubt he stoically waits for the group to come to a consensus.

Zarthrax
2011-05-13, 06:25 PM
Jaran continues to stoically take in the council of war, even as he starts to play with the nearby wind, causing the tent flap to rustle rhythmically.

"So, we just pick a deity and stroll into their domain, is that it? I'm inclined to believe that it will be a bit more difficult than it sounds...."

Tacitus
2011-05-13, 06:48 PM
Ignus

Though being inside was bad enough, Ignus did his best to shy away from the walls of live wood and once he saw the shelves lines with books he pulled back and refused to enter the room, "If you don't mind, I think it will be best if I leave the research to the lot of you. Its been years since I have been able to touch a book without it going up in flames. Even books made of stone or steel. If I think of anything, I'll let you know." He retreats to the common area in hopes of finding a moment of peace to center himself, hold back the endless inferno, and ponder the domain of the gods.

esorscher
2011-05-13, 07:20 PM
"Difficult as it may be, Jaran, it's a place to start," Leo says, thinking about the title Shazralah used as he hands him a notepad, one he had not taken for himself but reserved for his brother, as leader of his armies. Yet it seemed fitting as he stepped into the command of these elites. "Ignus, if you speak to my butler, he will prepare quarters for you. The same for all of you, actually, but I'd prefer we finish our research before those of us capable of handling the texts disperse." He runs a hand through his long heavenly blond-white locks, his face creased at his eyes and the corners of his mouth but otherwise belying his advanced age.

The butler is a young man in his thirties with a sharp lisp, but he seems enthusiastic as he is helpful.

Denomar
2011-05-14, 10:16 PM
Lucion calls after the retreating butler.

"Sirrah. If you've a room with a view of the sky. I would very much appreciate it. I could not bear to not see the passage of the sun and moon."

After all. Such would be sacrilege. Even to one who didn't sleep.

esorscher
2011-05-15, 10:12 AM
The butler thinks for a moment. "I'll thee what I can do."

esorscher
2011-05-18, 05:44 PM
After a while the research team completes Shazralah's list. "Let's start at the top," Leo says, looking it over. Assuming there are no objections, he says. "Boccob in the Outlands." Using his mental control over the sphere he wills it to ascend, until it is high above the clouds, at which time it transports itself to the nearest safe point to Boccob's domain in the Outer Plane. Those inside the sphere notice no change except the cessation of the acceleration skyward. Leo heads to the common area, suggesting the others do so as well. The butler heads off to gather up the party members not present until everyone is assembled in the common area.

Denomar
2011-05-21, 12:40 AM
Lucion follows Leo at a polite distance.

Zarthrax
2011-05-24, 11:34 AM
Jaran is already present in the common room when you arrive, although how he knew you were going to be there is anyone's guess.

"So, what's the plan?"

Denomar
2011-05-24, 01:18 PM
"That's simple. Find Boccob."

Tacitus
2011-05-25, 09:09 AM
Ignus

The dragon carefully exits his rather bare bones room, doing his best not to set fire to the door. Or the floor. Minor fires do break out, namely in spots where he's touched the ground, but with his superior flight capabilities these are kept to a minimum and quickly snuffed with a mere hard glare. He enters the common room and glances about, "Well, who's first on the list?"

Gorram mrafracum subscriptions. Seems this thread dropped off my list. Sorry. >.<

esorscher
2011-05-25, 09:30 AM
"Yes, Boccob is the first deity we seek. If there are any preparations to be made before we depart, now is the time to make them. I don't know what we can expect to face once we leave this sphere: we can't be certain that whatever force has caused this divine silence, hasn't also corrupted the realm. Take care, and if it comes to combat choose your targets well--if Boccob is here, we don't want to draw his wrath by harming his pets."

Denomar
2011-05-25, 10:18 AM
Lucion stands to attention. "I stand ready. As always"

Tacitus
2011-05-27, 09:23 PM
Ignus

He gestures towards the door that he thinks he remembers being the one to the outside, "Well then, lead on. We won't find out overly much just by standing around by all of this flammable material." He narrows his eyes at the floor, as if accusing it of being too flammable despite the fact that its probably not flammable at all. To most people, anyhow.

Zarthrax
2011-05-28, 03:54 PM
Jaran follows the motley crew, wind whipping at his back, a wry smile on his face.

esorscher
2011-05-30, 03:01 PM
Leo flaps his wings, nodding to Hawkin, who remains behind. He leads the party out into the plane, his bow drawn, ready for adventure.

Torgarn
2011-05-30, 04:23 PM
You see an enormous citadel. Carved from a single block of black stone. It is built beautifully, the sun glinting off of it. It is built in a fanciful style, full of parapets and spindly spires. There are stairs leading up to an entrance with several black behemoths built from the same material as the citadel lining the stairs.

esorscher
2011-05-30, 04:33 PM
"Anyone have any doubts those statues are ready to spring to life and attack intruders?" Leo says passingly. "Be ready," he flies up the stairs at top speed, pulling up before reaching the door and returning to the bottom as a precaution before cautiously stepping foot on the first stair, studying the statues intently. If nothing happens, he will head all the way to the door.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]
Knowledge (Architecture): [roll1]

Niezck
2011-05-30, 05:55 PM
The robed figure has remained silent throughout, simply watching the others with eager eyes.

At Leo's comment he simply states.

"Indeed."

A short incantation and he joins Leo in flying toward the door.

Foresight

Tacitus
2011-05-31, 03:09 AM
Ignus

Doing his best not to touch anyone, the half dragon passes out a few minor spells, just in case. Most of them will no doubt be easily quashed by any zones of negated magic, but as he has a limitless supply of arcane energy in regards to such powers he cares not. After a few moments of focus he also expands his mind, drawing in awareness of the best path to the audience chamber of Boccob himself. He begins to float about the ground, his wings carrying him aloft so that he need not scorch the earth with his passing. Not inside the home of an ally he allows a portion of his aura to spread, and in doing so creates a blistering emanation of heat directly around his own flesh, but it doesn't go more than an arm's reach from his flesh.

Spells he has At Will, as Supernatural abilities, that he's passing out to everyone he can:
1st— Accuracy (on any ranged weapons), Expeditious Retreat (self only), Fist of Stone (self only), Mage Armor (self only, redundant), Magic Weapon (probably useless), Shield (self only)
2nd—Bear’s Endurance, Eagle’s Splendor, Fox’s Cunning, Protection from Arrows (no doubt useless), Resist Energy (5 times each), See Invisibility (self only)

Most of these can probably be assumed to be active at all times. Well, assuming people will sit around and let him throw out a ton of potentially useless spells.

He will also cast Telepathic Bond to put everyone (well self+9 people) in constant contact.
And, time permitting, cast Find the Path to give the best route and any dangers inherent to the path straight to Boccob's audience chamber, throne room, or other appropriate meeting place that we should expect to find him.
Other spells on self, again time permitting, include Find Traps, Girallon's Blessing, Mass Conviction (+4 Morale to saves for everybody), Divine Insight, and Shield of Faith (+4).

Greater Mage Armor, Moment of Prescience, and Superior Resistance are already up.

Note that Ignus can perceive all sources of heat within 100ft without fail. Living Creatures are a source of heat in almost every case.

Also, no longer holding back the 5ft radius emanation part of Ignus's aura, which is Unearthly Heat and gives all [Fire] spells cast inside +4 CL.

Torgarn
2011-05-31, 04:37 AM
As you approach the doors. The massive statues move to intercept you. Blocking your passage, they all bellow out in one swelling voice. WHO STANDS BEFORE THE CITADEL OF SUPREME ARCANA!!!! FOR WHAT PURPOSE HAVE YOU COME!!!!

esorscher
2011-05-31, 07:48 AM
Leo responds in an equally booming baritone, drawing himself up to full height and stretching his wings out behind him. His chest seems to radiate with blinding sunlight, but only for a moment, because he suppresses the rays as he beings to speak: "I am Leo Atreides, faithful servant of the Great Heavenly Lion, and I seek an audience with your master so he might help me find mine. Now, stand aside, and let us pass."

At will Daylight SLA for dramatic effect.

Denomar
2011-05-31, 05:27 PM
The words run through his head over and over. 'Just let Leo talk, stay true to the Path, Saying something will just make things worse. Stay to the Path'

Torgarn
2011-06-04, 02:46 PM
YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE, LEAVE.

esorscher
2011-06-04, 07:04 PM
Initative: [roll0]

Leo looks at his allies knowingly. "Well, I guess that's it guys. Might as well turn around and go home." Leo feigns loudly, guessing the statues to be mindless as he turns his back to them, then kicks off the ground, soaring into the sky and drawing his bow. He rains a hail of six arrows, the last of a different material down at one of the statues below.

Fly straight up 60'/ draw bow as move, improved many shot for six arrows (-12 to attack) as standard. Testing for DR.

Arrow: [roll1]; [roll2]
Arrow: [roll3]; [roll4]
Arrow: [roll5]; [roll6]
Arrow: [roll7]; [roll8]
Arrow: [roll9]; [roll10]
Adamantine Arrow: [roll11]; [roll12]

Torgarn
2011-06-05, 10:02 PM
The golem laughs as your arrows bounce off of it's carapace.

esorscher
2011-06-05, 10:32 PM
Leo flies back down, his face slightly red, and, ever-concerned with the practical, picks up the arrows off the ground. He whispers to Ignus, "They may not mind my arrows; do you think they'll mind your flames?"

Tacitus
2011-06-05, 10:50 PM
Ignus

The dragon tilts his head as he looks to Leo and replies telepathically (unless there wasn't time to cast Telepathic Bond or Leo declined), 'Everyone minds the fire. It burns all.' He raises a hand and flicks his fingers towards the nearest of the statues. From his fingertips issue three rays of such incredible heat that just looking upon them is nearly enough to burn away one's vision.

Searing Light cast as a Supernatural Ability (no Warmage Edge, unfortunately). Spell Resistance, or Spell Immunity, does not apply to Su as far as I can recall. Hardness, Fire Resistance, and Fire Immunity are ignored, including any abilities that would allow someone to heal from fire or Immunity granted by the Fire Subtype.

Ranged Touch Attacks: [roll0] at +33 each

Fire Damage:
Each one is 4d6 as per Scorching Ray, and each get +5d6 due to Intense Conflagration. Reflex Saves to avoid Catching Fire is 25 instead of the normal 15. Yes, they catch fire despite Scorching Ray not doing that normally.
1: [roll1] +[roll2]
2: [roll3] +[roll4]
3: [roll5] +[roll6]

I forgot to roll for Initiative, but I've got a +20 mod, so I'll Take 1, for 21, unless you'd like me to roll it.

Denomar
2011-06-06, 12:28 AM
Initiative [roll0]. If this roll somehow beats Leo's initiative he will delay any actions until after Leo and Ignus.

As Leo springs into the air Lucion brings one hand to his sword, and the other to the holy symbol of Pholtus. As he slowly draws the sword from the sheath he begins to pray.

"To walk upon the One True Path is to recognize those who would stand in the way of the One True Path. And they shall come to know their folly in the purity of The Path or they shall be scattered before it like the Dawn's Rays upon a raindrop. Let my heart be naught but truth, and my mind filled with naught but Illumination, For thy blessed hand is upon me, and my blade shall be the harbinger of your Heavenly Fury!"

As he finishes the prayer Fire streaks past him to impact on the juggernauts ahead. Gripping his sword he awaits an opening.

The prayer is Lucion calling upon his Divine Inspiration class ability to grant him his maneuvers in combat. On the first round of combat he is granted four maneuvers. Thus, I'll roll a d7, d6, d5, and d4. When a maneuver is picked its no longer on the lost for rolling. If there's a different way you'd prefer I do this than just let me know. :smallsmile:

[roll1] (Radiant Charge)
[roll2] (Greater Divine Surge)
[roll3] (Warmaster's Charge)
[roll4] (Clarion Call)

1. Defensive Rebuke
2. Radiant Charge
3. Castigating Strike
4. Greater Divine Surge
5. Clarion Call
6. Warmaster's Charge
7. Strike of Righteous Vitality

The type of attack action he makes is of course really dependent on which maneuvers he ends up with. Thusly.

Move action, draw sword and ensure that Greater Demolition Crystal is attached to his Jovar.
Swift Action. Initiate Thicket of Blades stance.
Standard Action. Preparing an action to attack anything that comes into range.
And uh...that's it for that turn.

Torgarn
2011-06-06, 04:35 AM
A golem catches fire, but stands in place, nonreactive. The others continue to stand firm.

esorscher
2011-06-06, 08:54 AM
Keep it up, Leo says through the mindlink to Ignus. Burn them all until there's nothing in our way.

Tacitus
2011-06-06, 05:43 PM
Ignus

With an almost detached manner, the half-dragon begins flicking tongues of flame at the golems, setting out rolling balls of molten fire, and blasting at them with a fairly massive blast of flame from his mouth that seems to linger in the air and cling to... well, everything.

Su abilities of Lesser Orb of Fire, Flaming Sphere, and a breath weapon (fire, of course) in up to a 95ft cone that Lingers in the air for 3 minutes and Clings to anything that takes damage for 3 minutes, or until a standard or full round action is taken to scrape it off.

Orbs are 5d8+5d6 as Ranged Touch
Spheres are 2d6+5d6 Reflex 31 Negates
Breath is 28d6+5d6 and 14d6+5d6 for 30 rounds.

Maybe throw out a web, which would immediately catch fire and burn everyone inside for 2d4+5d6 damage.

He'll just keep going until something interesting happens.

Anything odd under True Sight?

How is all of this Hardness-Ignoring fire treating the surrounding area?

For reference, the fires will continue to burn (and spread) until snuffed, and get a +10 to their saves against snuffing or +10 to the DC to snuff them, depending on how that works. I dunno. No need for fuel or oxygen, but they've got plenty of heat.
They only spread on normally non-flammable surfaces at a rate of 5ft per day, but spread on flammable surfaces at the normal speed.

Torgarn
2011-06-06, 07:40 PM
As the first golem burns to ash you notice something disturbing. Another identical golem steps out the the wall and takes it place, blocking your path. As the others burn the process continues.

esorscher
2011-06-06, 08:22 PM
"That explains their attitude. Any ideas?"

[Can we get another description of the area?]

Torgarn
2011-06-06, 08:47 PM
There is a vast staircase leading up to the gates of the pure black citadel. The stairs have no rails ans are 60 feet across. The citadel itself is 1200 feet tall and turns into a spire about 900 feet up.

esorscher
2011-06-06, 09:01 PM
Leo taps a finger to his chin, then snaps it against his palm. [roll0] small, semitranslucent orbs spring into existence, pouring out from between his index finger and thumb into the universe. (Prying Eyes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/pryingEyes.htm)). He directs them to scan the every inch of the tower and spire, as well as the underside of the land they stand on, whatever that may be, and then return.

Torgarn
2011-06-06, 10:38 PM
They discover that the plateau and citadel are all one solid piece of black stone. Any eyes that attempt to enter the citadel wink out of existence.

Tacitus
2011-06-06, 10:58 PM
Ignus

The mage ponders for a moment and then glances to Leo, 'Shall we try to just fly around the damn things?'

DM:
How are the walls/gate/etc holding up against Ignus's fire? With a +25 for knowledges (+46 for arcane), would Ignus be aware of what sort of material the black stone actually is? If its Dwarven Blackrock, aka Godsteel, I'm totally whipping out my lightsaber (aka Flame Blade, actually cast as a spell and not Su, so 1d8+5d6+130 damage) and taking some. >.>

Torgarn
2011-06-06, 11:16 PM
It is soulheart rock. A stone created by Boccob himself to house his citadel. The castle itself is indestructible and even if you took some the pieces would disccorporate once you left Boccob's domain.

esorscher
2011-06-06, 11:44 PM
Worth a shot, he takes wing, I suspect there's a dispel magic field around the tower. He flies over the heads of the golems, well above them and out of their apparent reach.

Tacitus
2011-06-07, 01:44 AM
Ignus also takes flight, trying to keep up with Leo in case an attack is levied against them as they fly.

Niezck
2011-06-07, 08:50 AM
"I do not believe flight will work, General."

Closing his eyes for a moment, the robed figure enters a deep state of thought. Piecing together any and all information he's attained through his divinations, he allows his subconscious mind to wander, hoping it will reach a conclusion.

Manifesting Hypercognition (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/hypercognition.htm). Given what I got with my knowledge checks and what I'd know, given my nature, hoping I can come up with an answer to how to get around these golems.

Int check if appropriate - [roll0]

Denomar
2011-06-08, 12:44 PM
"Ha, we attack the home of the god of wizardry and wonder how to stop his magic? Let the dragon and I distract them. You go find the Wizard and ask to have a more polite chat."

The Dawn Chariot begins to cast off light of its own, much like the rising sun for which it was named the glow steadily builds until Lucion, like a star ascendant, attacks.

Charging towards the front line of the giant golems Lucion strikes them like a comet from the heavens.

Lucion uses Radiant Charge. He will power attack with shocktrooper for the maximum value, for the enemies of Pholtus deserve no mercy! If the Golem is evil than Lucion is suffused with holy energy and gains DR 10/- until the beginning of my next turn. His weapon is considered adamantium for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, and he can crit constructs.

His attacks ignore damage reduction that isn't dr/- or dr/epic and regeneration of evil creatures. Of course I don't think the golems are evil, but I could be pleasantly surprised.

Lucion's AC until the beginning of his next round is 52. There is a 20% miss chance thanks to his cloak.

Attack Roll [roll0]
If it hits. [roll1] If it Crits [roll2]
[roll3] Radiant Charge Maneuver (If the target is evil, which it probably isn't)
[roll4] Greater Demolition Crystal
[roll5] Holy Touch if they're evil.

A potential Hit only.

Torgarn
2011-06-08, 02:00 PM
As you strike the golems down, more emerge from the spires stone replacing those you have destroyed.

Niezck
2011-06-08, 03:16 PM
"These golems will not cease until we convince them to allow us passage... And I do not believe that possible. They are not servants of Lord Boccob, the material of their composure tells me as much. Something is amiss here."

esorscher
2011-06-08, 05:02 PM
After thinking for several moments, Leo shrugs. "Well, I've been hesitant about trying the door because I'm not enthusiastic about the prospects of fighting an infinitely replacing force. These things don't seem capable of flight, and if all of us are, then I'll try the door and we'll see what happens." While waiting for objections, Leo studies the golems to see if he can determine their origin.

Knowledge [roll0] (+41 Arcana, Dungeoneering, Geography, Local, Nature, Psionics; +13 all else).

Tacitus
2011-06-09, 03:52 AM
In the interests of burning the living daylights out of everything, or at the very least any golems as they spawn, Ignus expends a portion of his own vast arcane energy. Fire pours from every vein and rises up in a nigh endless inferno in the form of a solid bank of smoke and embers. Strangely enough, the embers and smoke do not seem to hinder his allies in the slightest.

Acid Fog is the base spell, at level 6.
Widened, so a 7th level slot.
Fire Substituted, so still a 7th level slot

Discriminating Spell class feature of Warmage indicates that any spell that deals damage excludes allies or self. This does not seem to apply only to damage if the spell has additional effects, such as an Acid Fog's solid fog component, but that might be subject to a DM banhammer at your discretion.

So a no Save, no SR, 2d6+5d6+120 damage each round for 35 rounds in a 40ft radius, 40ft high area, centered on as many golems as I can, and toss multiples if I can't get them all. It is also a Solid Fog effect.

After that, just Su flaming spheres and lesser orbs of fire until the cows come home.

Torgarn
2011-06-09, 04:34 AM
More and more golems fall, but as they fall others take their place.

esorscher
2011-06-12, 12:02 PM
"Are you certain these golems are not Boccob's? My analysis of their source material indicates otherwise."

Tacitus
2011-06-12, 03:44 PM
Ignus lets out a fairly hearty laugh, 'Figured that out, did ye? I don't seem to be damaging the walls, though the golems themselves burn well enough. The wreckage would likely keep a whole city warm for decades! Perhaps an entire plane if they continue to replicate. Now, aren't you supposed to be trying to get past the golems while I'm distracting them?'

esorscher
2011-06-14, 10:44 PM
Suitably reminded, Leo flies over the golems and tries the door.

Torgarn
2011-06-14, 11:45 PM
A shriek comes from the door as you touch it the golems round on you and advance towards you.

esorscher
2011-06-15, 01:25 AM
Strength: [roll0]

Torgarn
2011-06-15, 04:52 AM
The door resists your attempts to open it.

esorscher
2011-06-15, 11:48 AM
Leo flies out of the reach of the golems. "No such luck. Any ideas?"

Denomar
2011-06-15, 12:48 PM
As the golems' turn Lucion strikes. His Jovar practically sings through the air as he steps in to continue the attack. Each blow brings a flash of light as if breaking through cloud cover.

"Feel the Wrath of PHOLTUS!" Lucion cries. The sight of him, standing indomitable amongst the automatons is an invigorating one.

When the golems turn toward Leo and step away they all provoke an attack of opportunity via Thicket of Blades Stance. Fortunately for them Lucion can only make one attack of opportunity per round.

AOO [roll0] If a critical threat [roll1]
If a hit. [roll2]
If a crit. [roll3]

The aoo is definitely a critical hit. (15 for the threat, and a natural 20 to confirm)

Then Lucion will take his own combat round, he first gains his divine inspiration.

[roll4] And gains Defensive Rebuke.

1. Defensive Rebuke
2. Radiant Charge
3. Castigating Strike
4. Greater Divine Surge
5. Clarion Call
6. Warmaster's Charge
7. Strike of Righteous Vitality

He then will take a five foot step forward and make a full attack, trying to hit as many golems as possible. He is power attacking for the maximum value, but didn't charge this round so shocktrooper is not affecting his ac (75 for this round).

Attack 1 [roll5] If a critical threat [roll6]
If a hit. [roll7]
If a crit. [roll8]
--
Attack 2 [roll9] If a critical threat [roll10]
If a hit. [roll11]
If a crit. [roll12]
--
Attack 3 [roll13] If a critical threat [roll14]
If a hit. [roll15]
If a crit. [roll16]
--
Attack 4 [roll17] If a critical threat [roll18]
If a hit. [roll19]
If a crit. [roll20]
--
Attack 5 [roll21] If a critical threat [roll22]
If a hit. [roll23]
If a crit. [roll24]

I've no idea what the golem's ac is. There's no critical threats among these attacks though.

If any of these attacks drop a Golem than Lucion will use his swift action to perform Clarion Call! Any ally within 60 ft gets a free immediate attack versus any enemy in range (this is not an attack of opportunity)

Torgarn
2011-06-15, 06:32 PM
The golems continue to fall and return. After killing enough of them, a smaller more humanoid one mmelts out of the wall. It approaches you, Why do you presume to enter the home of a god?

esorscher
2011-06-16, 01:14 AM
Finally, an intelligent face, Leo thinks. "We seek an audience with Boccob. Where is he?"

Torgarn
2011-06-16, 09:20 AM
He is within, though I see no reason to grant one such as you an audience with his resplendence.