PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Looking for Creative Ideas to introduce new characters.

PhysicsLB
2011-05-12, 01:58 AM
Greetings GitP forums!

I'm GMing for a Pathfinder game for some friends from work and we have some new players that would like to join. Usually my group is 3 PCs (Paladin, Cleric, Rogue), but apparently i must be running a fun game because it's about to swell to 7 PCs...

Tentatively right now i have a ranger and alchemist joining for sure and two more people who should be getting me race/class combos tomorrow (well today technically...)

Anyways my biggest issue right now is getting the new players introduced to the existing party. The ranger has played with us before and just requested that he be retroacted into the existing story while he comes up with a background for his character.

What i was planning was to have the incoming alchemist be unguilded and living in a city that has a guild. Since he is in direct competition the guild will want him run out of town. Why won't he join you ask? He's a half-orc, and in my homebrew setting, half-orcs are tolerated, but are essentially second class citizens.

So i was planning on having the guild frame him for murder or do something very mafia-esque to make it a wise decision to join our merry band and leave town.

Now where it starts to get murky is in how i'll be adding the remaining two. I have a pretty good feeling that one of the two unknowns will be either a fighter or some other martial class, and the second could really be anything.

So i guess, in a very convoluted way, what i'm asking is:
Does anyone have any unique methods they've used to introduce new PCs to an existing campaign?