PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] Crossbow sniper and swashbuckler

Kaeso
2011-05-12, 06:06 AM
Hey there playground,

As we all know the crossbow sniper feat is very useful for ranged rogues: it allows them to sneak attack from a 60' range and gives them half their dex on top of their damage.

Another popular rogue 'trick' is to take somewhere between three and five levels of swashbuckler combined with the daring outlaw feat to get int to damage on top of your normal damage.

What I'd like to know is if the above feats stack, ie. if you can add your int to your crossbow damage by taking the crossbow sniper feat and three levels of swashbuckler (combined with daring outlaw).

Eldariel
2011-05-12, 06:21 AM
I...don't follow. Insightful Strikes by default gives you Int to damage on all light weapons and finessable weapons. If your ranged weapon is a light weapon, you get Int to damage by just having the damn class feature. Daring Outlaw and Crossbow Sniper have nothing to do with it.

Leon
2011-05-12, 06:26 AM
Ive never seen it come up as a issue.
If the bonuses are of types that can stack then sure why not, ranged damage needs all the help it can find

Forged Fury
2011-05-12, 06:45 AM
There is some disagreement in the Playground over this.

The SRD indicates a "light weapon" is a term applied to a melee weapon.

Light, One-Handed, and Two-Handed Melee Weapons
This designation is a measure of how much effort it takes to wield a weapon in combat. It indicates whether a melee weapon, when wielded by a character of the weapon’s size category, is considered a light weapon, a one-handed weapon, or a two-handed weapon.
The weapons listed in the Weapon Finesse feat (if the above definition of Light Weapons holds) are all melee weapons.

Kaeso
2011-05-12, 10:20 AM
There is some disagreement in the Playground over this.

The SRD indicates a "light weapon" is a term applied to a melee weapon.

The weapons listed in the Weapon Finesse feat (if the above definition of Light Weapons holds) are all melee weapons.

:frown: Aww shucks. Well, thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to find a way to sneak attack often (maybe telling blow).