PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Books Containing Grafts

Viktyr Gehrig
2011-05-12, 06:21 AM
I'm aware of the grafts in Lords of Madness, Fiend Folio, and Libris Mortis, but are there grafts in any other books?

Viktyr Gehrig
2011-05-12, 06:26 AM
Ah. I've found the entries in Magic of Eberron and Races of the Dragon, though it appears that the new grafting rules in those books disqualify my character concept. Dammit.

Why would they go and invalidate a perfectly good PrC like that?

Forged Fury
2011-05-12, 06:36 AM
Faiths of Eberron has Construct Grafts IIRC. What invalidated your build idea?

Greenish
2011-05-12, 06:37 AM
I wouldn't know why there are different graft systems, but I'll point out Faiths of Eberron has construct crafts.

[Edit]: Swordsages, blast it! :smalltongue:

AmberVael
2011-05-12, 07:10 AM
Faiths of Eberron has Construct Grafts IIRC. What invalidated your build idea?

Presumably the fact that the new graft rules mean that you can only have five grafts total, and all of them must be the same type of graft. No mixing and matching.

Frankly, those rules serve no purpose beyond being incredibly annoying, so I'd encourage DMs to ignore them.

Viktyr Gehrig
2011-05-12, 12:52 PM
Yeah, especially considering the entire point of the Fleshwarper is that he can craft multiple graft types. That rule change just came out of left field.

As awesome as grafts are, they're not a good schtick for someone riding last breath into eternity and there are better uses for skill points and a feat. I'll just have to find another source for fast healing. The alignment restriction (why?) was problematic anyway.

Veyr
2011-05-12, 12:57 PM
Please see my sig; I've got all the grafts. All of them.

PairO'Dice Lost
2011-05-12, 01:02 PM
Yeah, especially considering the entire point of the Fleshwarper is that he can craft multiple graft types. That rule change just came out of left field.

Note the very important rules quote for the Eberron grafts:

Regardless of origin, all grafts in this book have the following rules in common.

As long as you don't violate those rules for those grafts, you can slap on as many LoM or FF grafts as you want.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-05-12, 02:03 PM
Noncasters might have something nice (with a caster's help of course :smallsigh:)? It clearly needs a nerf! Otherwise they might end up not sucki

Viktyr Gehrig
2011-05-12, 05:53 PM
Please see my sig; I've got all the grafts. All of them.

Oh, thank you very much.

Note the very important rules quote for the Eberron grafts:

Hmm. I don't normally let details like that slip by me. Of course, I still have to consider whether or not grafts are worth pursuing on a character that rides the Suicide Express. Then again, replacing your grafts once a century on average doesn't seem too onerous and once he reaches 20th level he can afford to re-roll until he reincarnates as an Elan.

edit: Now, I really need to start working on a list of Xixchil grafts.

edit:

For the record, though, the most overpriced graft, must be the Silthilar graft "Healing Blood". It's disgusting.

Is it really that bad? It's twice the cost of a ring of regeneration and several times more effective, and it's the most reliable source of Fast Healing that I'm aware of. Draconic Aura and Sangehirn only work when you're conscious and Saint just plain doesn't work for me.

Veyr
2011-05-12, 06:41 PM
That Fast Healing just isn't worth that cost. The Ring of Regeneration isn't worth it either.

Zomg Zombies
2013-10-07, 10:49 PM
:p permanency vigor 5; call it a day.

gorfnab
2013-10-08, 10:10 AM
This may be of some use: Graft Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=575.0)