PDA

View Full Version : Need pointing in the right direction(s) please!

Veklim
2011-05-12, 09:31 AM
I'm about to start work in ernest on a class brew and want advice on auras. The class is going in one of two directions. Either it'll be dual shield use from the word go or it will be a sword and board class PLUS a 5 or 10 level (undecided) prestige for dual shields.

One thing to note is that I will not be using ToB, or any related maneuver stuff. I will however still look through ToB if it contains anything pertinent to the aura question.

1. Where can I find good PC examples of aura use?
2. Go for dual shield base or sword and board base with dual shield PrC?

Thankyou in advance peeps :smallbiggrin:

DracoDei
2011-05-12, 10:31 AM
#2 sounds easier.

Someone did homebrew a shield-based discipline if you wanted me to get you a link so you could use it for inspiration...

Veklim
2011-05-12, 10:46 AM
Point taken, just looked at some auras and....I'll just be forgetting that bit. Got a better idea anyway....sorry rambling.

Someone did homebrew a shield-based discipline if you wanted me to get you a link so you could use it for inspiration...

Yes please, sounds good. :smallbiggrin:

#2 sounds easier.

errr......put another way:
A) Dual shield PC
B) Sword & board PC, seperate dual shield PrC
Which one? :smalltongue:

ericgrau
2011-05-12, 12:23 PM
Bard and marshall are good baselines to look into. Standard action activated, stays up for 5ish rounds, with a reasonable scaling bonus. Though a semi-cheesy trick is to dip 1 level of marshall to get double charisma to use magic device checks, so watch out for things like that.