PDA

View Full Version : [FiM] My Little Pony Bridle Shores out of character thread 3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 01:52 AM
And im back!

Right as almost everybody is going to sleep.:smalltongue:

deadtiming in about 10.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 01:58 AM
I know. Sorry about that xD

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:06 AM
I know. Sorry about that xD

No need to apologize.

One other thing that bugs me about your potential new character. The way Nightmares are presented they don't seem like something that would be in Equestria. I mean, they sound like a race that runs off of hate, and that doesn't really fit the setting.

I may just be a little nitpicky, but I think it's a valid concern.

And now I just thought of something for a new character I plan on bringing in eventually. :amused: Not any time soon though

Lycan 01
2011-05-15, 02:08 AM
Deadtime for me, sorry for my silence today. I was kinda busy...

Rodny
2011-05-15, 02:09 AM
Hmm... Was equestria the land or Celestias kingdom?

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:11 AM
Hmm... Was equestria the land or Celestias kingdom?

Celestia's kingdom. It's possible they come from outside the kingdom, I just think it'd be kind of odd for an entire race of beings like that to exist in her kingdom.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 02:13 AM
Well, manticores exist. So do Hydras. And dragons. And was it diamond dogs? Why not Nightmares? I would actually find it strange if they did not exist in her kingdom.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:17 AM
Well, manticores exist. So do Hydras. Those seemed more like animals than free willed thinking beings.
And dragons. Greedy maybe, but not hateful and never seemed to do anything unless antagonized. Heck, the first one we saw wasn't even dangerous.
And was it diamond dogs? Again, they're greedy which is of course bad, but not hateful. Although they were some pretty bad guys, so I'll give you that one.
Why not Nightmares? I would actually find it strange if they did not exist in her kingdom. Something about an entire race of beings that pretty much live and breathe hate doesn't seem like something that would exist in her kingdom.

Grif
2011-05-15, 02:17 AM
Well, manticores exist. So do Hydras. And dragons. And was it diamond dogs? Why not Nightmares? I would actually find it strange if they did not exist in her kingdom.

But they all are not actively malicious/evil like the way your Nightmare ponies are. You can argue that if left alone, they won't seek to harm other creatures.

EDIT: ah, ninja-ed by Kyuubi already. :smallbiggrin:

Hawkflight
2011-05-15, 02:22 AM
Deadtime for me. I've been up too late playing Elephant Quest as it is. X_x

Rodny
2011-05-15, 02:23 AM
Cant argue on the Manticore part. Hydras looked rather intelligent to me. Dragons and Diamond dogs really don't live for hate but they still do look rather evelish.
And why not all the races being here before Celestia? All the pegasus/earth/unicorn/nightmare the dragons the manticores the hydras the dragons all the races might have been here long before Celestia and Luna came to power. The last king/queen might have not done their job properly. There are too many variables to these things if you ask me.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:37 AM
Dragons and Diamond dogs really don't live for hate but they still do look rather evelish. Granted, but that doesn't mean they are evil. Don't judge a book by its cover and all that jazz.

And why not all the races being here before Celestia? All the pegasus/earth/unicorn/nightmare the dragons the manticores the hydras the dragons all the races might have been here long before Celestia and Luna came to power. The last king/queen might have not done their job properly. There are too many variables to these things if you ask me.

One of my biggest problems with the idea is that it sets a precedent. Sort of a slippery slope problem. Setting a precedent is another reason I'm not doing certain things with my ponies, and why I'm not asking the thread to let an RP I've been doing with another poster be allowed to be canon. We're all equal in this RP so if something applies to one of us, it applies to all of us.

As I've said before, I have no power to stop you. If you get enough people on your side, I'll drop it, but I think this is a bad idea.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 02:41 AM
And what if I do it according to the rules?

And of course you can stop me! It's just that if you don't give a very good reason I won't listen to you very much. And right now your giving me good reasons. So let's decided it by asking the others what they think maybe?

Grif
2011-05-15, 02:46 AM
Granted, but that doesn't mean they are evil. Don't judge a book by its cover and all that jazz.

One of my biggest problems with the idea is that it sets a precedent. Sort of a slippery slope problem. Setting a precedent is another reason I'm not doing certain things with my ponies, and why I'm not asking the thread to let an RP I've been doing with another poster be allowed to be canon. We're all equal in this RP so if something applies to one of us, it applies to all of us.

As I've said before, I have no power to stop you. If you get enough people on your side, I'll drop it, but I think this is a bad idea.

Whatever she said. I prefer to keep this RP light-hearted. Comedic fun. Yes. Grimdark. No.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:46 AM
And what if I do it according to the rules? I can't recall any sort of rules for this other than you aren't allowed to play a mane cast member and it has to remain "pony". I may be blanking because it's almost 4 AM here though.

And of course you can stop me! It's just that if you don't give a very good reason I won't listen to you very much. And right now your giving me good reasons. So let's decided it by asking the others what they think maybe?

Sure. Lets leave it up to the playground. As for when I say "I can't stop you." I mean that I have no actual authority. No more than any other poster who isn't a mod anyway.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 02:48 AM
I can't recall any sort of rules for this other than you aren't allowed to play a mane cast member and it has to remain "pony". I may be blanking because it's almost 4 AM here though.

I... did not really get what you just said there o_O

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:50 AM
I... did not really get what you just said there o_O

Rephrasing then.

I don't know what rules you're referring to. Please be more specific.

Also, it's almost 4 AM here but I'm sure you understood that part. :smalltongue:

Rodny
2011-05-15, 02:53 AM
Well... When i think about it there are no actual rules if im not mistaken about character creation. And i was also wondering. What if i give him a counterbalance?

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:57 AM
Well... When i think about it there are no actual rules if im not mistaken about character creation. And i was also wondering. What if i give him a counterbalance?

Well, there are actually two rules that were decided upon for character creation.
1. No Mane cast members period. No Luna, Big Mac, or AppleJack. The reason being that there'll be a lot of people who want to play specific members of the mane cast, which makes it unfair.
2. Keep it Pony. This is the main thing I'm worried about here.

As for the counterbalance, I don't know what you have in mind, but I don't think there's any way it'll be enough. However, feel free to elaborate, and I'll look at it when I wake up. Plus, others can weigh in while I'm asleep.

with that said, deadtime.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 04:10 AM
Um... There is a reason its called Nightmare Pony

And when did I say I want a main cast character? O_o

Also to elaborate a counterbalance. A pony that will be responsible for keeping Berathor manageably grim and dark. He won't stop being grim and dark but he will never become 100% grim and dark. And curse you people know I like the words Grim and Dark >.<

Orzel
2011-05-15, 06:53 AM
Okay deadtime until I figure out/remember why I have a girly earring in my ear and who has my favorite shirt.

So an hour or so.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 08:44 AM
Ahh... My town constantly has parties which involve the police at one point or another. I even go to some of them, so i know how it feels :p

Also sorry for disappearing. Was playing some WoW :p

Orzel
2011-05-15, 09:23 AM
Party? No, I just have a few crazy friends. And one of them is quick with the hands.

My favorite shirt is in a garbage can in an US army base... somehow... oh right, bowling...
I meet a soldier brony... I think. I remember a conversation about ponies and a tank. But that could be just me explaining my RP posts from last night.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 09:28 AM
A pony and a tank in one single conversation? Woah...

Crisis21
2011-05-15, 09:40 AM
:smalleek:

Nice. :smallbiggrin: I'm going to imagine the entire party was healed by the power of rock.

Sort of, kind of. They didn't suffer any true injury by the time Eric spoke up, just massive amounts of disorientation and jostling of internal organs (which is not fun). Eric's little stint pretty much gave everyone time to recover, and any extra effects would have been speeding up recovery and a morale boost, but not any actual healing of injuries.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 09:58 AM
Um... There is a reason its called Nightmare Pony In this case "Pony" is an adjective meaning not very grim or dark. I really don't know what kind of comparison to draw other than to G-rated movies.

And when did I say I want a main cast character? O_o You asked for the rules on character creation, so I gave you both of them.

Also to elaborate a counterbalance. A pony that will be responsible for keeping Berathor manageably grim and dark. He won't stop being grim and dark but he will never become 100% grim and dark. See, the problem is I don't know what this means. To me, 100% Grim and dark means something along the lines of an NC-17 movie. I know some places don't use the same rating system as the US, and I don't know where you live, so let me elaborate. NC-17 means the content is so non kid friendly, that you aren't allowed in period unless you're at least 17. You need to explain what "Manageably grim and dark" means in better detail. I know that isn't what you meant at all, I'm just trying to point out that "He won't be 100% grim and dark" is too vague.

I've had concepts for Soft and Smoothie that are Grim and dark too, but I abandoned them because they don't fit the RP. I've also had a very not grimdark RP going on with another poster that would be good for Soft's character. However, bringing bringing the events from that RP into this RP would set a really bad precedent. That is, if it didn't get vetoed by other playgrounders, and I'm 90% sure it would have. Not because it's bad, but because it sets a precedent that's bad.

I'm sorry, I'm just concerned and trying to make sure I understand what exactly your character is going to be like.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 11:43 AM
(Note to self: Stop falling asleep at random times)

Oh god no! A NC-17 would get me banned from these forums faster then someone could say "banhammer" And also we are talking about MLP so 100% would be i think something along the lines of Nightmare Moon.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 11:51 AM
(Note to self: Stop falling asleep at random times)

Oh god no! A NC-17 would get me banned from these forums faster then someone could say "banhammer" And also we are talking about MLP so 100% would be i think something along the lines of Nightmare Moon.

I know. I know that's not what you meant, I just wanted to point out how vague "Not 100% grim dark" is. It's sort of like saying "I want a sandwich." Considering how many different types of sandwiches there are, that doesn't help you get the sandwich you want.

Probably a bad analogy, just trying to explain what I'm saying.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 11:54 AM
Anyway. For my little pony 100% would be something along the lines of Nightmare Luna. 20-50% would be the other creatures (if you ask me)

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 11:57 AM
Anyway. For my little pony 100% would be something along the lines of Nightmare Luna. 20-50% would be the other creatures (if you ask me)

Okay.

I think I've said all I can on this. I'm going to wait for other playgrounders to weigh in.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 12:00 PM
I should really work it over to make it make more sense. Gonna go work it over with and then repost it here for everyone to see more easily and not have to go pages back to see it.

Name: Berathor

Appearance: A Nightmare Pony.

Skills: Taking control of others dreams.

Biography: Berathor is a rather special Pony. A Nightmare pony to be precise. Nightmare ponies are able to travel and change other creatures dreams. And unfortunately most of them are completely evil. The same can almost go for Berathor. Not much is known about his childhood except that unlike most ponies of that species, he was not abandoned by his mother, which is incredible rare since the mothers leave at a very early stage in their life so that the Nightmare ponies start developing a hatred for others at a younger age. New> This led to him to not developing the same sort of hate that he would otherwise developed himself. And while his mother did teach him to hate other races, she also opened up the option for him to get attached to something, which nulled some of the things he learned.
When he reached the age in which he understands much more, he saw some of the flaws in the Nightmare pony race. He ran away hours after this had happened.

Personality: Berathor hates the world for making him a Nightmare pony. This has caused him to be a bit of an ass in most situations, many times choosing the option that is more rewarding for him... All tho it has been known that some Nightmare pony have learned to be good.

Relationships: None

Cutie Mark: ZzZ on fire.

Worked it over, and i added another redeeming thing to the story. Now he will just need someone/something who can possibly put up with him, and knock out some of his nightmare beliefs.

Crisis21
2011-05-15, 12:02 PM
I'm actually not that big a MLP fan. I don't actually watch the show and all my knowledge comes from wikis. Though I have been fascinated by the concept for quite some time, which is why I'm even here.

For me, the secret to keeping things from getting grim-dark is that the bad guys never win. Any negative events are temporary and the heroes' victories are not bittersweet. If you can get a happy ending out of what you're doing, you're probably OK.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 12:03 PM
I should really work it over to make it make more sense. Gonna go work it over with and then repost it here for everyone to see more easily and not have to go pages back to see it.

Good idea. I might be able to weigh in more once it's reworked and reposted.

Orzel
2011-05-15, 12:10 PM
I'll have to see the bio or primer of the pony to judge.

the villians I created:

The Pony Mafia are pretty tame. They beat ponies up. Extortion and arson are the biggest crimes they commit but it is only infered. As for as in RP, they did not more than threaten a foal and be rude.

And Angel was no way grimdark and Benson didn't add any to her.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 12:10 PM
Gonna dead time for dinner. Scratch that. Won't be having dinner for a while now.

Also Grif, is the guy we are talking to a npc or a actual Role player?

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 12:13 PM
The Pony Mafia are pretty tame. They beat ponies up. Extortion and arson are the biggest crimes they commit but it is only infered. As for as in RP, they did not more than threaten a foal and be rude.

And Smoothie threatened them right back.:smalltongue:

Although she brought up what Soft can do instead of what she can do since her horn was broken at the time.

Grif
2011-05-15, 12:14 PM
Gonna dead time for dinner. Scratch that. Won't be having dinner for a while now.

Also Grif, is the guy we are talking to a npc or a actual Role player?

Orzel is RP-ing everyone in the Grills. So yeah actual player.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 12:21 PM
Um.... Really? Everyone? o_o

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 12:25 PM
Um.... Really? Everyone? o_o

Just the Pepper family.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 12:25 PM
Then whos going to let us in? :/

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 12:30 PM
Then whos going to let us in? :/

Somebody from the pepper family? There are like 8 of them.

Benson
2011-05-15, 12:30 PM
Orzel, when he posts, so you'll have to wait for that.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 12:32 PM
Soooooo... The Pepper family runs the Grill from what i understand?

Orzel
2011-05-15, 12:48 PM
Grills is the owner and head chef. The Pepper family do all the work. With Grills... busy, Orange will serve you too.

Sorry about the delay. Was hungry.

3dit: Yes. Burritos.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 12:57 PM
Also. Rodny is feeling happy-ish. He might just buy a round of the best alcoholic beverage for everyone in the Grills, including staff members :D (the bonus of having a nice pay check)

Orzel
2011-05-15, 01:03 PM
And Smoothie threatened them right back.:smalltongue:

Although she brought up what Soft can do instead of what she can do since her horn was broken at the time.

I never explained how they counter spellcasting unicorns, did I?

Oh. Rodny. Currently the hardest and only alcoholic beverage we agreed on so far is wine. And nopony has been drunk on it yet.

Grif
2011-05-15, 01:03 PM
Are they even alcohol in ponyverse? I think the worst they have was punch.

Which is why I decided to get Icy drunk on pomegranate instead. (It only applies to her, other ponies should be immune.)

EDIT: Huh, so there's wine.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 01:06 PM
I never explained how they counter spellcasting unicorns, did I?

No, you didn't. How obscure is this counter exactly? How does it work? And to what degree does it counter spellcasting? Depending on the answer to these questions, Soft or Smoothie might have a way past.

Benson
2011-05-15, 01:11 PM
They use a MaGuffin, that is all, that not even those two unicorns of yours can counterback, simple. Details be damned. :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 01:12 PM
They use a MaGuffin, that is all, that not even those two unicorns of yours can counterback, simple. Details be damned. :smalltongue:

Still need something more than that. Doesn't really matter if Soft can't fireball them if she can just drop a boulder on top of them instead. :smalltongue:

Okay, so neither of those would happen, that's just an example. Even if it did, it would be totally non lethal

Though, if they burn Soft's bar down or hurt any of her friends, she will get revenge.

Orzel
2011-05-15, 01:16 PM
Most of the Pony Mob are pegasi
Pegasi are fast
Unicorns cast with their horns
yeeeeah...

But when they got Grills they dumped Poison Joke tea on him.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 01:21 PM
Most of the Pony Mob are pegasi
Pegasi are fast
Unicorns cast with their horns
yeeeeah...

Pissed off super saiyan Soft Serve is probably faster, and both have several abjurations protecting their horns regardless. A few pegasi aren't going to get through all the abjurations before the two manage to incapacitate them. Yes, they can actually get through the abjurations, but not before they'll both manage to get at least one spell off.

And even without her horn, Soft still has liquid suck grenades.

Grif
2011-05-15, 01:28 PM
Don't ya think ya all are taking this into the grimdark side again?

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 01:29 PM
Don't ya think ya all are taking this into the grimdark side again?

Yeah, kind of. Can we just drop the mafia ponies? They kind of tend to make me come up with Grim Dark reactions.

Crisis21
2011-05-15, 01:34 PM
Yeah, kind of. Can we just drop the mafia ponies? They kind of tend to make me come up with Grim Dark reactions.

Just have them come back when Roy is in the room. Ka-POW! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 01:38 PM
Just have them come back when Roy is in the room. Ka-POW! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

I'd rather not bring them back in at all. They just seem like another thing that doesn't really belong in this world.

I may just be overreacting. It just worries me a little is all.

Orzel
2011-05-15, 01:49 PM
I meant for them to be cartoonish bullies but it is hard to give them cred with the large amount of average or better unicorns around so they wont be back physically and only referred too. No fridge logic needed.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 01:52 PM
I meant for them to be cartoonish bullies but it is hard to give them cred with the large amount of average or better unicorns around so they wont be back physically and only referred too. No fridge logic needed.

Okay. I'll stop commenting about them then. My comment about Soft and Smoothie having abjurations to protect their horns from damage still applies though. It just makes sense to me that something as valuable as a horn is to a unicorn would be protected.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 01:54 PM
Back. So if there is just wine lets say on their favourite beverage maybe?

Benson
2011-05-15, 02:02 PM
We seriously need to find a way to limit the sort of magic that can be used. By going by d&d standard which may not be the best thing to do...we risk breaking the rules and realm of pony world...and that's terrible.....yes...I used that trope ;P

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:04 PM
We seriously need to find a way to limit the sort of magic that can be used. By going by d&d standard which may not be the best thing to do...we risk breaking the rules of pony world...and that's terrible.....yes...I used that trope ;P

I don't mind doing that, but breaking off a Unicorn's horn should be pretty bleeping hard to do.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 02:10 PM
Maybe one of the subplots finds a undestructable artifact that makes magic weaker?

Benson
2011-05-15, 02:16 PM
No, i was thinking...that we the posters limit ourselves...because seriously using dnd as a template is a broken idea http://i.imgur.com/RBgwp.jpg

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 02:18 PM
No, i was thinking...that we the posters limit ourselves...because seriously using dnd as a template is a broken idea http://i.imgur.com/RBgwp.jpg

Well, as you've heard, I'm limiting Soft to 12 spells. I could probably list most of these if anybody is curious. Except for one which I'm keeping a surprise. It might not even come up in this RP.

I'm not sure how I'm going to limit Smoothie. I'll make sure she isn't overpowered though.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 02:35 PM
Would it be weird if Rodny ordered something like a beer?:smallbiggrin:

Orzel
2011-05-15, 02:43 PM
Well fluffwise Grills is only very good with fire magic. Since this is a very low combat RP...

The rest are minor spells any unicorn would know. Except maybe MLP versions of Dimensional Anchor and Arcane Eye.

Beer? I dunno. We usually do root beer.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 03:16 PM
Damn it people! Stop dissapearing like ninjas!

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 03:19 PM
Damn it people! Stop dissapearing like ninjas!

But we are ninjas.

*disappears*

Rodny
2011-05-15, 03:22 PM
Ofcourse your not. Now come out of that shadow over there and give Rodny his beer .-.

sildra45
2011-05-15, 03:27 PM
Ninja?

naw. My shadow vanishing is from my levels in Scout..And being a small race.

[ I love playing Kobolds. :B ]

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 03:30 PM
Ofcourse your not. Now come out of that shadow over there and give Rodny his beer .-.

I'm not in that shadow over there. I'm not even in front of you.

*Appears from behind giving Rodny a Root Beer*

:smallamused:

Mindfreak
2011-05-15, 03:38 PM
This may seem a little offtopic, but would any of you like to help me? I need some people to read the first few pages of a fancomic I have in the works to see if it is interesting.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 03:48 PM
This may seem a little offtopic, but would any of you like to help me? I need some people to read the first few pages of a fancomic I have in the works to see if it is interesting.

Better ask the same question in this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54) subforum. You'll get more responses if you just link it here rather than talk about it here.

Mindfreak
2011-05-15, 03:58 PM
Better ask the same question in this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54) subforum. You'll get more responses if you just link it here rather than talk about it here.

I did try to start a thread in there. It has been a 3 days since I sent it in. I've been making comics while waiting for it to be approved. I'm itching to get feedback though.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 04:01 PM
I did try to start a thread in there. It has been a 3 days since I sent it in. I've been making comics while waiting for it to be approved. I'm itching to get feedback though.

Can you link it here then?

Mindfreak
2011-05-15, 04:05 PM
What do you mean by linking it here? By posting it here and then linking it? Or something else entirely?

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 04:07 PM
What do you mean by linking it here? By posting it here and then linking it? Or something else entirely?

Just posting a link to the thread so we can talk about it there rather than go any more off topic here.

Mindfreak
2011-05-15, 04:09 PM
But the thread hasn't been made yet. When you send in a thread for a fancomic, you have to wait until a mod approves it.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 04:11 PM
But the thread hasn't been made yet. When you send in a thread for a fancomic, you have to wait until a mod approves it.

Oh. Well, I suggest waiting until a mod approves it and linking it then because this really isn't the place to discuss it. I don't mean any offense, I just think we should stay relatively on topic.

Mindfreak
2011-05-15, 04:15 PM
Gotta Deadtime

Grif
2011-05-15, 04:19 PM
Well, as you've heard, I'm limiting Soft to 12 spells. I could probably list most of these if anybody is curious. Except for one which I'm keeping a surprise. It might not even come up in this RP.

I'm not sure how I'm going to limit Smoothie. I'll make sure she isn't overpowered though.

Limited Icy to ice-based spells, except for the TK that every unicorn seem to have obviously.

sildra45
2011-05-15, 05:08 PM
Gonna semi-deadtime to watch movie with family.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 06:52 PM
And Soft's eventual spell list has been developed with help from Benson.

1. Lightning ball
2. Prestidigitation
3. Fire bomb
4. Disintegrate (Only works on objects. Doesn't have it yet.)
5. levitate
6. Hammerspace
7. Gender bend (Not yet)
8. Transmute liquid to other liquid
9. Shhhh. It's a secret. (Not yet)
10. Dispel magic
11. Teleport
12. Silly “Pony” explosive runes variant.

Hawkflight
2011-05-15, 07:04 PM
Well if we're doing spell lists, Silvermane has:

1. Calm Animals (and Whitefire apparently)
2. Cure Minor Wounds
3. Speak With Animals (arguably)
4. Levitate
5. Charm Animals (as a constant always-on effect)

Not ... quite as impressive. But it works for her.

Benson
2011-05-15, 07:13 PM
*takes credit for 12* xD

---

In other news. Pony "event" idea. Not sub-plot, but event, as in it allows for all ponies to participate in.

Traveling carnival-fair comes to Bridle Shores complete with a caper mystery I'd fancy scribing if a certain detective would like that. Lots of opportunities for ponies to do something with. Whether foals want to have a competition on who can handle the most tilt'a whirl rides before retching, or a setting for a date for couples (complete with romantic Ferris ride), pie-making contests, pie-EATING contests, etc etc...and whatever else a pony can do at a carnival/fair mesh mash.

Thoughts please.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 07:23 PM
I approve. Soft can eat all the desserts and I can introduce that pony I told you about Benson.

Mindfreak
2011-05-15, 07:35 PM
Maraicne Trickster de Flourgo Spell-list:

1. Largen Object
2. Littlen Object
3. Telekenesis
4. Sugar to Sparkles(Continous effect)
5. Shapechange(Bears, snakes, rabbits, anything except animals with wings. And other ponies on priority)
6. Summon Butterfly
7. Coat Change(Able to change the color of his coat)
8. Epic Illusion(Able to create extremly realistic illusions. Up to the point of even getting the feel of the skin and weight right.)
9. Protego(Basically a shield)
10. Mindreading
11. Research Spell(Allows him to research a spell to replace one of his current spells. Not able to do this often)
12. Copycat(Allows him to attempt to duplicate a spell he sees. 25% chance I will roll for this one)
13. Night-vision(Continous Effect)
14. Bull's Strength(Handy for carrying heavy objects!)
15. Bear's Endurance(Handy for sports training!)

I gave him 15 spells since he has been practicing magic for most of his life, and he himself is around 45.

Thanqol
2011-05-15, 07:39 PM
Whitefire's Charm List:

Mastery of Small Manners
Heavenly Guardian Defense
One Wing, Two Blows
Cherry Blossom Attack
Majestic Radiant Presence
Martial Arts Essence Overwhelming
Stubborn Mule Defense
Thunderbolt Attack Prana
Easily Overlooked Presence Technique
Sometimes Ponies Fly Approach

Take that, unicorns.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 07:40 PM
5. Shapechange Would you mind explaining the extent to which this goes? The main thing that comes to mind is the D&D spell shapechange which is beyond broken.

8. Epic Illusion Same here. Needs to be explained.

Orzel
2011-05-15, 07:57 PM
Okay I can do Grills

1. Fireball
2. Fire Breath
3. Wall of Fire
4. Quench
5. Fire Shield
6. Protection from fire
7. Pyrotechnics
8. Heat Hoof
9. Dragon Fire
10. Endure Elements
11. Cast Iron Stomach
12. Levitate
13. Teleport
14. Reopen Portal
15. Redirect Teleport
16. Restauranteur
17. Secret spell he'll never cast
18. Secret spell he'll never cast except in near unpony emergencies

3dit: Forgot two.

Benson
2011-05-15, 08:00 PM
Whitefire's Charm List:

Mastery of Small Manners
Heavenly Guardian Defense
One Wing, Two Blows
Cherry Blossom Attack
Majestic Radiant Presence
Martial Arts Essence Overwhelming
Stubborn Mule Defense
Thunderbolt Attack Prana
Easily Overlooked Presence Technique
Sometimes Horses Fly Approach

Take that, unicorns.

I lol'd hard but these ones really tickled my funny bone. I clap my hooves wholeheartedly.:smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2011-05-15, 08:02 PM
@Nightmare Ponies: I don't like the idea. Sorry, a breed of ponies who can manipulate dreams and are inherently evil just doesn't seem very "pony" to me.

@Spells: Snickers can fly. Without magic. :smallamused:

@Carnival: Rockin' idea. I like it.

@Whitefire's Charm List: Whitefire is an Exalted?! :smalleek:

Hawkflight
2011-05-15, 08:05 PM
@Nightmare ponies: Eh, I dunno. I think it could be okay as long as it's kept to the same general level we've seen in the show, like with the diamond dogs. But I wouldn't want to do too much with them, and expect Silvermane to be scared off easily.

@Carnival idea: Love it. Let's do it. As long as it's not tomorrow IC, I don't want it being spoiled by the Skyfall arc.

Thanqol
2011-05-15, 08:10 PM
I lol'd hard but these ones really tickled my funny bone. I clap my hooves wholeheartedly.:smallbiggrin:

For me, it was "Sometimes Horses Fly Approach". :smallbiggrin:

@Whitefire's Charm List: Whitefire is an Exalted?! :smalleek:

Dawn Caste, chosen by Celestia herself to destroy the enemies of Equestria! not an actual exalt

Orzel
2011-05-15, 08:18 PM
What wait...we have a dawn solar pony now?

@^: Guess so.

Mindfreak
2011-05-15, 08:20 PM
Gonna be deadtiming now so I can sleep.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 08:23 PM
What wait...we have a dawn solar pony now?

@^: Guess so.

No, Whitefire isn't an actual Exalt.

Hmm. I have two ideas for a pony to bring in during the carnival now. Will have to think about and debate about which to use. Or I could use both.

Orzel
2011-05-15, 08:28 PM
Kyuubi, 'tis a joke loveness.

Mr Legs + Carnival Games = :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 08:30 PM
Kyuubi, 'tis a joke loveness.

Ah, okay. My mistake.

Hmm. *Plots*

Deme
2011-05-15, 08:52 PM
*takes credit for 12* xD

---

In other news. Pony "event" idea. Not sub-plot, but event, as in it allows for all ponies to participate in.

Traveling carnival-fair comes to Bridle Shores complete with a caper mystery I'd fancy scribing if a certain detective would like that. Lots of opportunities for ponies to do something with. Whether foals want to have a competition on who can handle the most tilt'a whirl rides before retching, or a setting for a date for couples (complete with romantic Ferris ride), pie-making contests, pie-EATING contests, etc etc...and whatever else a pony can do at a carnival/fair mesh mash.

Thoughts please.

This sounds like an awesome plot and Mystery would get to do some crime-solving which makes it awesomer.

Grif
2011-05-15, 08:56 PM
Huh, spell lists eh?
I'll give Icy 12 as well then:

1) Form Icicles
2) Ice Wall
3) Telekinesis
4) Ice Block (only on herself)
5) Ice Bridge
6) Shockingly Cold Frost
7) Snowpony Gala
8) Unnecessarily Heavy Snowball Barrage
9) Clear Snow from Ground
10) Conjure Fizzy Drinks with Lemons
11) Freezing Small Animals Comically, but Ethically
12) Call Blizzard (only in winter)

Am I doing it right?

Rodny
2011-05-15, 09:02 PM
Back from deadtiming.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 09:07 PM
Am I doing it right?

Yes.

I don't have a spell list for Smoothie yet. I'll probably get a few spells written up tomorrow, but that won't be her entire list. Her entire list will probably be about 25 or 30 spells long although she knows about half of those at most at this point. before anybody complains, remember, magic is her special talent.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 09:15 PM
Hmm... What rank would the first in command of the Royal guards have? A Captain, since i think that is the highest rank a guardsman can reach?

Grif
2011-05-15, 09:18 PM
I'll probably just put Commander as the highest rank. Vague enough so that you can fudge it if you want. But definitely higher than Captain.

Orzel
2011-05-15, 09:22 PM
Well I established Grills' mother as a Major General and the highest ranked pony at a fort.

Would the First in command of the Royal guards rank equal to an Army general?

Rodny
2011-05-15, 09:25 PM
Screw it! Grif does make sense to me. Commander can be nudged at any time and captain can easily go to second in command.

And we are talking about Royal Guards which is a entirely different concept from army.

Thanqol
2011-05-15, 09:28 PM
Honestly, going off Equestria's feudal society, various nobles and Lords own their own private armies and can be summoned to war by the Princess' Marshal. Coherent military command structures, especially at the highest ranks, are a relatively recent invention in Earth and thereby doesn't fit with the aristocratic nature of Equestrian Monarchy.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 09:31 PM
Equestrias feudal society? You do realize there is a modern day city in it right?

Manehattan (http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Manehattan)

Thanqol
2011-05-15, 09:37 PM
Equestrias feudal society? You do realize there is a modern day city in it right?

What? Manehattan? That didn't look modern to me (Gaslights, carriages). Also, the Princess lives on a mountain castle with hundreds of upper class aristocrats who regard commoners with contempt.

And a "Modern day city", if such a thing existed which I contest, doesn't automatically equate to the idea of democracy (especially as the first thing we see in Manehattan is another group of jumped up aristocrats!). Indeed, in a society where everypony has a special talent that they know clearly and are content to spend their entire lives following, the idea of democracy is almost foolish - why elect the apple farmer to Mayor when there's a pony who's special talent is Mayoring right over there?

Orzel
2011-05-15, 09:39 PM
Screw it! Grif does make sense to me. Commander can be nudged at any time and captain can easily go to second in command.

And we are talking about Royal Guards which is a entirely different concept from army.

Who says they're separate? Celestia is lazy. Look who she sent to stop her sister.

Honestly, going off Equestria's feudal society, various nobles and Lords own their own private armies and can be summoned to war by the Princess' Marshal. Coherent military command structures, especially at the highest ranks, are a relatively recent invention in Earth and thereby doesn't fit with the aristocratic nature of Equestrian Monarchy.

Equestria is 150 years back tops at most parts.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 09:39 PM
How did this suddenly reach democracy after were talking about military rank, which is a entirely different thing?
And while your at it take note that in any case the royal families army is always largest, has the best equipment and it usually has higher ranks then most other armies.

Grif
2011-05-15, 09:42 PM
Who says they're separate? Celestia is lazy. Look who she sent to stop her sister.

Wait, I thought Celestia sent those Guards precisely because they were the nearest available?

I always have this impression the Guards are like the SEALs. Supposed to the cream of the crop or something.

Thanqol
2011-05-15, 09:45 PM
How did this suddenly reach democracy after were talking about military rank, which is a entirely different thing?
And while your at it take note that in any case the royal families army is always largest, has the best equipment and it usually has higher ranks then most other armies.

The alternative to a feudal monarchy is either a republic or a theocracy, and your post implied that the presence of a "Modern City" was incompatible with a feudal society. Which is wrong.

I think the presence of magic skews things, but I put it at either 1400 or 1700-1800 depending.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 09:45 PM
Since Moonlight mystery has a thing for fake drinking (Root Beer instead of alcohol) would anybody be opposed to a fire obsessed pony fake chain smoking?

Benson
2011-05-15, 09:46 PM
candy cigerettes

....better...lollipops...yea...erm

Rodny
2011-05-15, 09:48 PM
Or just smoke coming out her/his nose/mouth .-.

Orzel
2011-05-15, 09:54 PM
Since Moonlight mystery has a thing for fake drinking (Root Beer instead of alcohol) would anybody be opposed to a fire obsessed pony fake chain smoking?

Zwhat?

Well I already have Grills fake smoke carrots. He eats them though.

Okay. what fake vices are left that are pony. Just to get them out the way.

Thanqol
2011-05-15, 09:55 PM
Zwhat?

Well I already have Grills fake smoke carrots. He eats them though.

Okay. what fake vices are left that are pony. Just to get them out the way.

Sherbert addiction.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 10:09 PM
Zwhat?

A new pony I was thinking of introducing. Her special talent is, depending on if she's an Earth pony or Unicorn, setting things on fire, or the ability to set anything on fire.

She won't be as chaotic as she sounds. She largely just sets her fake cigarettes and fireworks on fire.

Orzel
2011-05-15, 10:15 PM
A new pony I was thinking of introducing. Her special talent is, depending on if she's an Earth pony or Unicorn, setting things on fire, or the ability to set anything on fire.

She won't be as chaotic as she sounds. She largely just sets her fake cigarettes and fireworks on fire.

It's the fire obsession I'm wondering about.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 10:18 PM
It's the fire obsession I'm wondering about.

Well, she's a pyromaniac. She'll set things on fire just to see what they look like when they burn, and she just likes the way fires look in general. Naturally, she wouldn't target anything that looks remotely important as that wouldn't be "pony".

Rodny
2011-05-15, 10:19 PM
Pyromaniacs usually tend to be mad... or go mad at some point...

Deme
2011-05-15, 10:24 PM
A pixie stick problem.

Oddly enough, the fact that the ponies have wine (according to Orzel's posts) but Mystery is still getting drunk on rootbeer amuses me more than if ponies knew no alchohol and she was getting drunk on rootbeer. I think if someone offered her actuall alchohol so she could be an alchoholic properly, she'd be annoyed and just demand her rootbeer.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 10:27 PM
Pyromaniacs usually tend to be mad... or go mad at some point...

To be fair, none of my characters so far have exactly been what most people would call "Sane" Anyway.

But yes, she's quite mad. She even has a fire retardant coat that looks like a doctor's coat and goggles just so she can say she's a mad scientist.

Benson
2011-05-15, 10:28 PM
The wine could just be passed off as non-alcoholic wine, just as there are non alcoholic beers in our 'realm'.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 10:32 PM
... The Royal Guards world must really suck when there isn't any fast way to get drunk... Just some minor alcohols :D

Orzel
2011-05-15, 10:34 PM
To be fair, none of my characters so far have exactly been what most people would call "Sane" Anyway.

But yes, she's quite mad. She even has a fire retardant coat that looks like a doctor's coat and goggles just so she can say she's a mad scientist.

Our town has a fire breathing pony whose house has a giant fire pit in the back of it and has hair that catches fire when mad.

Just want to know if stalker drama will be a subplot.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 10:36 PM
Our town has a fire breathing pony whose house has a giant fire pit in the back of it and has hair that catches fire when mad.

Just want to know if stalker drama will be a subplot.

Probably not. She'll probably have a crush on Grills for a bit, then just find her own place to set things on fire when the fact that he isn't available gets through to her head.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 11:08 PM
Hmm... I can't stop but notice that only Hawkflight even cared about the Nightmare Pony xD

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 11:16 PM
Hmm... I can't stop but notice that only Hawkflight even cared about the Nightmare Pony xD

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10997973&postcount=342 Lycan addressed the idea as well.

If anybody is for the idea, you need to speak up.

Thanqol
2011-05-15, 11:17 PM

Not much to go on, sport, other than the reminder to keep the evil dialed down to "Ineffective" levels.

Grif
2011-05-15, 11:18 PM
... The Royal Guards world must really suck when there isn't any fast way to get drunk... Just some minor alcohols :D

You can always get them drunk on some other non-alcoholic drink. Be creative. :smallwink:

EDIT: Orzel, Icy is still waiting for that new bottle of tea. :smallbiggrin:

Rodny
2011-05-15, 11:24 PM
I am being tempted to just making him an ass now.

You can always get them drunk on some other non-alcoholic drink. Be creative. :smallwink:

Also. Icy might just get a few free drinks if she stays a bit longer :D

Hawkflight
2011-05-15, 11:33 PM

That's because I care about everypony. :smalltongue:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10997973&postcount=342 Lycan addressed the idea as well.

If anybody is for the idea, you need to speak up.

I think he meant 'cared for' as in 'liked or showed general sympathy towards', not as in 'noticed'. Unless I'm mistaken, then just ignore this post.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 11:33 PM

If you mean a donkey go ahead.

I think he meant 'cared for' as in 'liked or showed general sympathy towards', not as in 'noticed'. Unless I'm mistaken, then just ignore this post.

Ah, okay.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 11:34 PM

Both meanings actually :p

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 11:38 PM

Can you elaborate what you mean by this exactly? Because this worries me a little. "Ass" can mean a donkey, which wouldn't be a problem at all, or "Total Jerkwad" which would be a problem.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 11:44 PM
Ok then... How about if i make him good with temporary moments of evilness? Would that make it "Fine"

Mystic Muse
2011-05-15, 11:46 PM
Deadtime. See you guys tomorrow.

Rodny
2011-05-15, 11:48 PM
Good Night?

Lycan 01
2011-05-16, 12:06 AM
Do Dragons speak Draconic? IE: Latin? I may have Snickers awkwardly try to speak broken Draconic, using some of the Latin I learned this year. Snickers probably picked it up in school, reading old baking tomes, and/or during his short experience with the occult. :smalltongue:

Benson
2011-05-16, 12:31 AM
Ok then... How about if i make him good with temporary moments of evilness? Would that make it "Fine"

Considering that I play a 'half the time' jerk ass pony, I'd be hypocritical if I myself denied you the opportunity to play a jerk ass pony.

It depends on how you go about with their jerk assery and how you end up playing them.

For example, Gwynfillion. She can be a real turd sometimes. She's the mostly stuck-up jerk who doesn't mind hurling biting insults...though mostly at Soft Serve cause they have platonic Foeyay xD....Anyhoof, although a jerk she can be, I play her that she'll never actually physically hurt anypony no matter how much they annoy her. I even tossed in a Pet the dog moment with her encounter with the foal Sunny. She's even showed a tender/vulnerable side when she was with Grills. But anyhoof, she's the sort of jerkass with all kinds of unresolved anger issues, bitterness, jealously, insecurities, shortcomings, who lashes out with mean words, threats, etc while trying to keep a cool calm controlled demeanor, when she's really just hot-headed.

Essentially, like I said, it about how you go about playing their jerkass behavior. Somewhere I'm doing something right about this pony because otherwise others would have told me to get rid of her xD

*now waits for the posts that tell me to get rid of her* :smalltongue::smallwink:

Thanqol
2011-05-16, 12:35 AM
*now waits for the posts that tell me to get rid of her* :smalltongue::smallwink:

I was actually going to wait until I completed my 40 page thesis on why the character sucks and you should put her on a bus, BUT NOW IT'S ALL RUINED.

In seriousness, Gwyn's all right. This board *is* a place to explore concepts a little more advanced than presented in the show itself, but the fundamental themes have to remain constant. The source material lends itself to 'arrogant and self absorbed' antagonists far better than 'destroy the world' or 'actively cause harm' antagonists. Because just someone going around trying to make ponies miserable can probably make a lot of ponies miserable and there's not much that can be done about it.

Benson
2011-05-16, 12:41 AM
I was actually going to wait until I completed my 40 page thesis on why the character sucks and you should put her on a bus, BUT NOW IT'S ALL RUINED.

Bhwhaha
http://i52.tinypic.com/nbusl4.jpg

Rodny
2011-05-16, 01:11 AM
Wait what? I never planned for him to be "Destroy the world" kind of evil. More of "show up, screw around with someone, leave" kind. Thats also one of the reasons i decided to give him the ability to go into ponies dreams and warp them to give them nightmares. So he won't actually do anything to anyone except give them nightmares.

Thanqol
2011-05-16, 01:50 AM
Wait what? I never planned for him to be "Destroy the world" kind of evil. More of "show up, screw around with someone, leave" kind. Thats also one of the reasons i decided to give him the ability to go into ponies dreams and warp them to give them nightmares. So he won't actually do anything to anyone except give them nightmares.

Yeah, except (from my perspective) that's kind of a jerk move. It ruins somepony's day and they don't learn anything from the experience except sometimes a random jerk will give you a bad dream. There's no scope for character development or anything. Something bad happens to you and your day is ruined, the end.

Think about it as if you were structuring an episode. If an episode of FIM was "A guy shows up, gives Twilight Sparkle a nightmare, and leaves" then that'd be a downer episode. You have to make it targeted, specific and personal - the kind of thing somepony can write home to Celestia at the end of.

Of course, I'm going off very little here. More details could change my perspective.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 02:16 AM
As a episode? Hmm...

Well, Berathor (in particular) will mostly exploit the ponies fear which will make it possible for the ponies to learn how to overcome their fear. If your pony is a adventurer/royal guard or some sort of pony that faces dangerous I would say that they would rather face these dangerous in a controlled environment, in which they won't be faced with what might follow afterwords.
Also he can also make them good. You can also make him in to an very powerful ally if someone else decides to make something that can warp dreams... And he can drive bad guys insane by just staying hidden and making them fear falling asleep.

Hawkflight
2011-05-16, 02:31 AM
As a episode? Hmm...

Well, Berathor (in particular) will mostly exploit the ponies fear which will make it possible for the ponies to learn how to overcome their fear.

Well ... I honestly have no idea how this would affect Silvermane. There are really only two fears that would have a significant effect on her, and one is one she will be facing in the very near future anyways while the other is ... very unpony.

EDIT: Deadtime. Dunno when I'll be on tomorrow, but I will be at some point.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 02:48 AM
Well if you guys allow him him to come into play, he will be able to prepare you (if you want) for whatever you have instore for your character.

Lycan 01
2011-05-16, 02:51 AM
Making people go insane from being afraid to fall asleep screams "unpony!" to me. :smallconfused:

Speaking of sleep, Deadtime for me. Goodnight everypony. :smallbiggrin:

Hawkflight
2011-05-16, 02:56 AM
Well if you guys allow him him to come into play, he will be able to prepare you (if you want) for whatever you have in store for your character.

Well, she'll have already faced it by the time your character comes into play, or at least will already be facing it.

Making people go insane from being afraid to fall asleep screams "unpony!" to me. :smallconfused:

This.

Speaking of sleep, Deadtime for me. Goodnight everypony. :smallbiggrin:

Also this.

Night y'all.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 10:09 AM
Back from the inn. Yet again. .-.

Orzel
2011-05-16, 10:41 AM
I moved Grills to near the greenhouse. I know nopony is there though. Nopony works in this town.

Also updated Grills and Purple's bios somewhat.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 11:11 AM
Do Dragons speak Draconic? IE: Latin? I may have Snickers awkwardly try to speak broken Draconic, using some of the Latin I learned this year. Snickers probably picked it up in school, reading old baking tomes, and/or during his short experience with the occult. :smalltongue:

This particular dragon speaks everything.

Considering that I play a 'half the time' jerk ass pony, I'd be hypocritical if I myself denied you the opportunity to play a jerk ass pony.

It depends on how you go about with their jerk assery and how you end up playing them.

For example, Gwynfillion. She can be a real turd sometimes. She's the mostly stuck-up jerk who doesn't mind hurling biting insults...though mostly at Soft Serve cause they have platonic Foeyay xD....Anyhoof, although a jerk she can be, I play her that she'll never actually physically hurt anypony no matter how much they annoy her. I even tossed in a Pet the dog moment with her encounter with the foal Sunny. She's even showed a tender/vulnerable side when she was with Grills. But anyhoof, she's the sort of jerkass with all kinds of unresolved anger issues, bitterness, jealously, insecurities, shortcomings, who lashes out with mean words, threats, etc while trying to keep a cool calm controlled demeanor, when she's really just hot-headed.

Essentially, like I said, it about how you go about playing their jerkass behavior. Somewhere I'm doing something right about this pony because otherwise others would have told me to get rid of her xD

This.

Also, you can't get rid of her. Soft hasn't pied her yet.:smalltongue:

Yeah, except (from my perspective) that's kind of a jerk move. It ruins somepony's day and they don't learn anything from the experience except sometimes a random jerk will give you a bad dream. There's no scope for character development or anything. Something bad happens to you and your day is ruined, the end.

Think about it as if you were structuring an episode. If an episode of FIM was "A guy shows up, gives Twilight Sparkle a nightmare, and leaves" then that'd be a downer episode. You have to make it targeted, specific and personal - the kind of thing somepony can write home to Celestia at the end of.

Of course, I'm going off very little here. More details could change my perspective.

Also this.

As a episode? Hmm...

Well, Berathor (in particular) will mostly exploit the ponies fear which will make it possible for the ponies to learn how to overcome their fear.

Some ponies don't have fears that can be dealt with that easily. Soft's current fears all deal with those she cares dying or being killed. That isn't something you can deal with by having a dream about it. Sometimes it's not even something you can deal with when it happens. This is something that should never come up in this RP anyway.

And driving people insane? Not something that'll go over well with just about anybody in this RP.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 11:25 AM
Also another way to approach this.
If im not mistaken every kind of pony the earth/pegasus/unicorn are all responsible about something. Like the Pegasus ponies were responsible about the weather, the earth ponies have a "special bond with nature"(<taken from the wiki) and unicorns are for magic.
So what if Nightmares have it something like a job to take care of dreams?

Yes i know i am being awfully persistent with making Berathor :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 11:39 AM
So what if Nightmares have it something like a job to take care of dreams?

This would pretty much require that they not be inherently evil.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 11:47 AM
I realize that. And I think i will just leave him with "momma and dadda" issues.

All tho i will have to ask every time i want Berathor to visit their dreams. Since he will have both the ability to turn them into a wonderful dream or a nightmare :p ... All tho let's leave the legends about Nightmare ponies being evil? :D

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 11:49 AM
I realize that. And I think i will just leave him with "momma and dadda" issues.

All tho i will have to ask every time i want Berathor to visit their dreams. Since he will have both the ability to turn them into a wonderful dream or a nightmare :p ... All tho let's leave the legends about Nightmare ponies being evil? :D

Legends are fine and mommy and daddy issues are perfectly fine for this RP.

I would like to remind everypony that, as far as I can tell, we don't have any authority to actually prevent him from playing this character unless he gives it to us. The most we could do is ask the mods to weigh in.

Orzel
2011-05-16, 11:53 AM
Driving ponies crazy in their dream wont work. I already hinted Grills' nightmare and it took a lot to tmake it pony and Kyuubi and I agreed not to bring them back. His other hinted fear isn't nightmare worthy yet. And his last fear jusr ain't pony at all and shouldn't ever come up naturally anyway.

Mr. Legs is fearless.

For Parents Day, I have Grills' mother as a jerk style villain. I have her reactions to Gwyn, Soft, Knack, Fox Trot, Foxglove, Silvermane, and Rodny already planned and ponified.

Also I still think we are due another monster attack. I suggest wyverns as it uses poison, flies, and can give the foals a race for the cure quest to heal the poisoned ponies under Dr. Magic's care. So even if the unicorn end up curbstomping them, they cause trouble.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 12:03 PM
For Parents Day, I have Grills' mother as a jerk style villain. I have her reactions to Gwyn, Soft, Knack, Fox Trot, Foxglove, Silvermane, and Rodny already planned and ponified. Out of the ponies you've mentioned If she's a jerk to Soft, Silvermane, Foxglove or Gwyn she's going to get a banana cream pie in the face. :smallamused:

Soft and Gwyn have this rule for each other. "Only I'm allowed to torment her."

Also I still think we are due another monster attack. I suggest wyverns as it uses poison, flies, and can give the foals a race for the cure quest to heal the poisoned ponies under Dr. Magic's care. So even if the unicorn end up curbstomping them, they cause trouble. Maybe.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 12:03 PM
"Also I still think we are due another monster attack. I suggest wyverns as it uses poison, flies, and can give the foals a race for the cure quest to heal the poisoned ponies under Dr. Magic's care. So even if the unicorn end up curbstomping them, they cause trouble. "

Uuuu... Thats gonna help Rodny/Damrot adjust right in :D

Also if you missed it we gave up on the hole nightmare=insanity thingie. We are just going with them doing their job of deciding who needs a good old fashioned nightmare and who needs a good old fashioned blissful dream xD

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 12:07 PM
Can we do the Wyverns after the carnival comes to town?

Orzel
2011-05-16, 12:13 PM
Grills' mother is an ice queen style, survival of the fittest, jerk warrior who sees ponies as tools or soldiers.

Actually pieing her would make her worse in an unintended way. The problem is she'll "like" Soft, Foxglove and Silvermane for their superior genetic material

And she never hugs. Ever.

3dit: She'll like Focglove not Fox Trot. She'll see Fox Trot as useless

Rodny
2011-05-16, 12:15 PM

*Gasps* That !@#$% !

Deme
2011-05-16, 12:18 PM
Parent's Day? Is that an actual plot? Because...Yeah. That's gonna be a lot of drama at once.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 12:19 PM
Grills' mother is an ice queen style, survival of the fittest, jerk warrior who sees ponies as tools or soldiers.

Actually pieing her would make her worse in an unintended way. The problem is she'll "like" Soft, Fox tot and Silvermane for their superior genetic material

Actually, Soft would be worried about Foxglove.

Out of curiosity, what does "Liking" somebody entail?

EDIT: Ah, I see. I'm looking forward to her reaction when she finds out Soft and Silvermane are Lesbians then.:smallamused:

And if Pieing her turns out badly, Soft can always just send Fireflower to set the Ice Queen's mane on fire.:smalltongue: kidding, kidding. Setting ponies manes on fire is completely non-lethal and mostly non harmful for her anyway. You'll get a few first degree burns tops.

And if she never hugs ever, she's going to hate Sunny wonders. Possibly this other pony I might introduce at the carnival too (Not fireflower though. A different one)

Parent's Day? Is that an actual plot? Because...Yeah. That's gonna be a lot of drama at once.

This is true. Soft's, Smoothie's, Fireflower's, Sunny's and mystery pony's parents will all be fine, but I'm not sure about everypony else's.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 12:24 PM
Well ama go make the permanent Berathor.

Wait what?! Parents day.... Knowing Rodny's parents they would probably travel all the way from Appleloosa just to show him how much they hate the fact he joined the Royal Guards.

Benson
2011-05-16, 12:28 PM
Out of the ponies you've mentioned If she's a jerk to Soft, Silvermane, Foxglove or Gwyn she's going to get a banana cream pie in the face. :smallamused:

Soft and Gwyn have this rule for each other. "Only I'm allowed to torment her."
Maybe.

Oh tropes <3

Actually pieing her would make her worse in an unintended way. The problem is she'll "like" Soft, Fox Trot and Silvermane for their superior genetic material

I love the fact that Gwynfillion is not mentioned in that xD:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Ex-nay Fox Trot, is apparently Foxglove lol
---------
Well, in regards to parents and "drama". Well, we already know of Spark's mother, and the Chasers are relatively drama-free, Fox Trot has his super hammy lady killer gentlecolt father, the most he'll do is playfully embarrass his son. Gwynfillion, well she has no desire to invite them, so that's 'averted'.

Orzel
2011-05-16, 12:34 PM
(Aaaw I already named Grills' mom Fire Flower)

Grills' mother wants something.

She'll approve of Soft, Foxglove, and Silvermane.
She'll highly approve of Whitefire
And Gwyn's bad sight loses her points.

And Foxtrot, Snickers, Knack, and Floppy will all be seen as useless for two reasons.

Hawkflight
2011-05-16, 12:38 PM
For Parents Day, I have Grills' mother as a jerk style villain. I have her reactions to Gwyn, Soft, Knack, Fox Trot, Foxglove, Silvermane, and Rodny already planned and ponified.

Oh? And just what will her reaction to Silvermane be, I am curious?

Also I still think we are due another monster attack. I suggest wyverns as it uses poison, flies, and can give the foals a race for the cure quest to heal the poisoned ponies under Dr. Magic's care. So even if the unicorn end up curbstomping them, they cause trouble.

Eh ... maybe. I'll let the others weigh in first.

Can we do the Wyverns after the carnival comes to town?

I thought we were doing the age manipulation plot following the carnival?

This is true. Soft's, Smoothie's, Fireflower's, Sunny's and mystery pony's parents will all be fine, but I'm not sure about everypony else's.

As for Silvermane, her parents are completely fine and dandy, and could even provide some amusement ... and maybe some awkwardness. :smalleek:

The problem is she'll "like" Soft, Foxglove and Silvermane.

Oh? "like" how, I wonder? :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 12:40 PM

You have first dibs on the name then.

If it wasn't so non-pony for a name (By which I mean it's not a pony name) I'd just call mine "Everything burns/Burn everything"

Benson
2011-05-16, 12:41 PM

And Foxtrot, Snickers, Knack, and Floppy will all be seen as useless for two reasons.

1) They're all male :p

2) Probably related to their skills?

Deme
2011-05-16, 12:44 PM
Actually, Soft would be worried about Foxglove.

Out of curiosity, what does "Liking" somebody entail?

EDIT: Ah, I see. I'm looking forward to her reaction when she finds out Soft and Silvermane are Lesbians then.:smallamused:

And if Pieing her turns out badly, Soft can always just send Fireflower to set the Ice Queen's mane on fire.:smalltongue: kidding, kidding. Setting ponies manes on fire is completely non-lethal and mostly non harmful for her anyway. You'll get a few first degree burns tops.

And if she never hugs ever, she's going to hate Sunny wonders. Possibly this other pony I might introduce at the carnival too (Not fireflower though. A different one)

Oh, boy. Someone liking Foxglove for her tiny little genes....Should be funny. XD.

Also, while I do intend Foxglove's mother to appear (as for Foxglove's father...Actually, it'd be interesting if he showed up, since only Foxglove's mother -- and not Foxglove herself -- knows who he even is.)... But not an instant before Foxglove's ready. Because their relationship was not pretty. It's best if too much direct detail stay off-screen and safely in the past...Which is why Foxglove still needs to do some healing before seeing her again, first.

Orzel
2011-05-16, 12:53 PM
1 is right

2 is close.

Grills' Mother is Major General Fire Flower. She command Fort Fetlock, a military base full of crazy awesome warrior ponies training to fight an nonexistant enemy.

It should be obvious.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-16, 12:53 PM
Scarlet's parents might be entertaining. Joy's.... I'm not even sure.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 01:01 PM
Hmmm.... I wonder how will the Major react to Rodny and Damrot :D

Holy.... !@#$... If Rodny is a Captain then the Major General is 3 ranks above him.

Difference
Captain: Commands 175 to 225.
Major General: Commands 10,000 to 20,000

(And also posted Berathors new bio and possibly final bio .-.

Lycan 01
2011-05-16, 01:18 PM
As previously mentioned, Snickers has a good relationship with his parents. His mom is over-protective and very affectionate, while his dad is very laid-back and respectful of him.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 01:21 PM

Added to the list.

Also, the first post is finally completely updated. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTZctTG6cE)

Rodny
2011-05-16, 01:26 PM
I love FlutterShy's yay xD

So i take it he is approved? :p

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 01:29 PM
I love FlutterShy's yay xD

So i take it he is approved? :p

For now anyway. It's still possible we'll have to Vote him off the island.

Wait we can't do that? And this isn't "Survivor"? Okay, then we'll vote him out of existence.

Wait, we can't do that either? Fine we'll just have to bring the mods in. You're no fun voice in my head. :smalltongue:

Seriously though, just keep him within the parameters we've tried to set up and he should be fine. if you don't,we warn you that he's getting past the comfort zone, and you don't listen, we may have to bring the mods in. Lets not get to the point where we have to do that please.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 01:34 PM
Don't worry, im not that kind of troll.

So does anyone want to have a good or bad dream? :p

Oh crap! I forgot to watch the new Game Of Thrones episode! (Will be looking at the forum once every 10 minuets to make sure he isn't missing something)

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 02:34 PM
Oh, I just thought of something. If Grills's mom finds out about Soft's disease (I'm not sure when the meet the parents day is happening. Could be before or after the cure) Soft is going to lose a major amount of points.

That, plus her affinity for hugs and tendency to pie herself.

Orzel
2011-05-16, 03:01 PM
Oh. She'll eventually see Soft (as well as most of the other mares except one and eventually two) as unsatisfactory. But at first sight, she'll approve.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 03:06 PM
Hmmm.... I wonder how will the Major react to Rodny and Damrot :D

Holy.... !@#$... If Rodny is a Captain then the Major General is 3 ranks above him.

Difference
Captain: Commands 175 to 225.
Major General: Commands 10,000 to 20,000

Plox answer Orzel :p

Orzel
2011-05-16, 03:20 PM
Plox answer Orzel :p

She'll respect them for being warriors but consider them inferior to her ponies for not being frontline warriors (but there is no frontline since Equestria is at peace).

Rodny
2011-05-16, 03:27 PM
Wait a.... frontline soldiers? The Royal guards are literally the only ones who have probably seen any fighting what so ever (in equestria) ... To be more precise im talking about Nightmare Luna.

And seeing as how many monsters there are around centerlot and the village i bet there is some background fighting that no one really knows about :/

Benson
2011-05-16, 05:28 PM
Made new pony...who's been here before, last visit was a month ago, and knows some ponies but not very well as she on and offs leaves. Probably will stay here for a week which means at least three months Real Life Time xD

Who wants to have known her even a tiny bit from when she was last here? :p

Grif
2011-05-16, 06:33 PM
So... um, which sub-plot are doing next? :smalleek:

Rodny
2011-05-16, 06:34 PM
I think its carnival or parents day :/

Hawkflight
2011-05-16, 06:38 PM
Oh, I really hope not, I was hoping to save the parents day for after the age regression arc. And the carnival one for between the Skyfall arc and the age regression arc.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 06:40 PM
Oh... Then i really have no clue then :/

Grif
2011-05-16, 06:41 PM
Made new pony...who's been here before, last visit was a month ago, and knows some ponies but not very well as she on and offs leaves. Probably will stay here for a week which means at least three months Real Life Time xD

Who wants to have known her even a tiny bit from when she was last here? :p

Hm, she travels right? It would be not implausible for Silverpine to have known her then, from his Stalliongrad days.

@Hawkflight
That's what I thought too. How the heck this age regression thing suppose to start anyhow?

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 06:43 PM
Okay, so the current plot is Skyfall Arc, Carnival arc, Age regression arc, and then the meet the parents arc?

Hm, she travels right? It would be not implausible for Silverpine to have known her then, from his Stalliongrad days.

@Hawkflight
That's what I thought too. How the heck this age regression thing suppose to start anyhow?
Smoothie gets on a sugar rush.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 06:44 PM
I suddenly got curious to what this "Skyfall Arc" is .-.

Benson
2011-05-16, 06:46 PM

Yes, travels very much so, from forbidden jungles to deserts, to countries, cities near and far . Hahah, shall we "secretly plot" on how well they even know eachother? :P

Grif
2011-05-16, 06:47 PM
Okay, so the current plot is Skyfall Arc, Carnival arc, Age regression arc, and then the meet the parents arc?

Smoothie?
Sugar rush?

These two does not mix. Or rather they mix with the force of TNT and nitroglycerin.

:smallbiggrin: So you starting the arc soon?

@Benson
http://i.imgur.com/eYwWG.jpg

Orzel
2011-05-16, 07:01 PM
On with Skyfall

Although the Peppers parents should know Gearstride as they did oddjobs everywhere... nah.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 07:02 PM
Smoothie?
Sugar rush?

These two does not mix. Or rather they mix with the force of TNT and nitroglycerin.

:smallbiggrin: So you starting the arc soon?

As soon as we finish with the Skyfall and carnival arc apparently.

Thanqol
2011-05-16, 07:04 PM
Skyfall Arc cliff notes:

Skyfall is Whitefire's twin brother and has spent the past two years looking for her after she mysteriously ran away from home.

Skyfall is, at his core, an honourable and noble sort. However, he is unfortunately convinced that he knows what's best for everypony. His special talent is leadership, but he takes that to mean that he should be in charge of everything, ever, all the time.

Skyfall has a bit of a history with Silvermane (tried to "Fix" her shyness) and Soft Serve (Soft inflicted some disproportionate revenge on him).

Skyfall is an extremely charismatic sort and will be constantly surrounded by a crowd of background pony hangers-on who back up everything he says.

While I normally avoid doing this, I'm going to make this request here: If your character does not have a personal connection to Skyfall, please do not show up Skyfall. If you engage him in a contest of any kind be cool with losing it. Same idea with Trixie beating up all Twilight's friends; if Rainbow Dash kicked Trixie's behind in that episode, Twilight never gets the chance to show her stuff.

EDIT: There's still room for anypony to get involved in Skyfall's backstory; PM me.

Mindfreak
2011-05-16, 07:05 PM
Must. Go. To. Bed.

On that note, when the carnival comes to town, I will probably procue for Minstrone, Dreamrunner, and Mairaicne, Jester costumes. Like the ones from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 07:07 PM
Also. Orzel, Damrot needs to get in to the Grills :p

Grif
2011-05-16, 07:08 PM
Are there anypony in the town at the moment?

Eh come to think of it, how far is the town square from Grills? Can the dragon be heard from there?

Deme
2011-05-16, 07:12 PM
I suspect I will let Foxglove stay out of the way for the Skyfall arc, and my other characters would naturally, too.. Unless literally all of Foxglove's friends will be involved and not just Silvermane.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 07:13 PM
Are there anypony in the town at the moment?

Eh come to think of it, how far is the town square from Grills? Can the dragon be heard from there?

Yes it can. The dragon is adamant about giving rides to ponies and she'll have some way of making sure she's heard.

Hawkflight
2011-05-16, 07:13 PM

@Hawkflight

I was thinking maybe the junior trio find a book at the carnival, and get Smoothie to translate part of it, inadvertently casting the spell on half the town.

I suddenly got curious to what this "Skyfall Arc" is .-.

Sadness for Silvermane, then an adorable scene to make it all better.

Edit @ Deme: Your choice, but Silvermane might really need her. Just sayin'.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 07:15 PM
While I normally avoid doing this, I'm going to make this request here: If your character does not have a personal connection to Skyfall, please do not show up Skyfall. If you engage him in a contest of any kind be cool with losing it. Same idea with Trixie beating up all Twilight's friends; if Rainbow Dash kicked Trixie's behind in that episode, Twilight never gets the chance to show her stuff.

Whoops. Forgot to address this.

Just FYI, it sounds like Soft's original backstory with Skyfall won't work. She'll still have gotten disproportionate revenge on him, but it won't have ended in her getting her cutie mark. She would have gotten revenge and then dropped it. She won't have anything really personal against him other than a fairly mild grudge, and she won't try showing him up. There's not much she could show him up at anyway.

Thanqol
2011-05-16, 07:24 PM
Whoops. Forgot to address this.

Just FYI, it sounds like Soft's original backstory with Skyfall won't work. She'll still have gotten disproportionate revenge on him, but it won't have ended in her getting her cutie mark. She would have gotten revenge and then dropped it. She won't have anything really personal against him other than a fairly mild grudge, and she won't try showing him up. There's not much she could show him up at anyway.

Cool beans; that makes my end of the story a little easier :smallsmile:

Rodny
2011-05-16, 07:40 PM
Gonna Dead Time in 20 minuets :/

Deme
2011-05-16, 07:48 PM
I was thinking maybe the junior trio find a book at the carnival, and get Smoothie to translate part of it, inadvertently casting the spell on half the town.

Sadness for Silvermane, then an adorable scene to make it all better.

Edit @ Deme: Your choice, but Silvermane might really need her. Just sayin'.

Very well, very well...
I'll do my best to be there when needed without getting sucked into the drama.

But could we do a "breather" day other than Silver's birthday in there somewhere? There are a few non-plot bits of character developement that I'd like to develope, and it's pretty hard to get done with all this stuff happening.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 07:48 PM
Cool beans; that makes my end of the story a little easier :smallsmile:

Anything else I can do to make it easier?

Thanqol
2011-05-16, 07:51 PM
Anything else I can do to make it easier?

Nah, I was just worried before that I'd have to play bit of a balancing game with Soft Serve to keep Skyfall in the "Tolerated" category (at least until he really starts acting up). All else, is cool.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 07:54 PM
Nah, I was just worried before that I'd have to play bit of a balancing game with Soft Serve to keep Skyfall in the "Tolerated" category (at least until he really starts acting up). All else, is cool.

Unless she finds out he's being a jerk to her friends before he really starts acting up he should at least be in "Tolerated". He's probably going to hate Soft though since she's Chaotic good with an Emphasis on the chaotic, hence the capitalization.

Rodny
2011-05-16, 07:57 PM
Deadtiming. (falls into sweet unconsciousness)

Hawkflight
2011-05-16, 08:05 PM
Very well, very well...
I'll do my best to be there when needed without getting sucked into the drama.

But could we do a "breather" day other than Silver's birthday in there somewhere? There are a few non-plot bits of character developement that I'd like to develope, and it's pretty hard to get done with all this stuff happening.

Well, if you want to do that instead, it's fine by me. I just thought it would be helpful. I mean, Silvermane's probably not gonna actually respond to ... much of anything, but she can help with her calming ability a little. But it's not absolutely necessary, if you want to do something else, like character development with Dawn or something.

Thanqol
2011-05-16, 08:07 PM
Unless she finds out he's being a jerk to her friends before he really starts acting up he should at least be in "Tolerated". He's probably going to hate Soft though since she's Chaotic good with an Emphasis on the chaotic, hence the capitalization.

Yeah, basically gives me setup time.

*Tries thinking through D&D alignments for Skyfall and Whitefire. Finds it doesn't work.* They're lawful neutral or neutral, I guess?

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 08:10 PM

*Tries thinking through D&D alignments for Skyfall and Whitefire. Finds it doesn't work.* They're lawful neutral or neutral, I guess?

D&D alignment is pretty bad, but that's the closest I can find for Soft.

Grif
2011-05-16, 08:11 PM

So the Skyfall arc is a go?

This ought to be interesting.

Thanqol
2011-05-16, 08:13 PM
So the Skyfall arc is a go?

This ought to be interesting.

Next in game day, just follow the loud music.

Orzel
2011-05-16, 08:13 PM
If anypony wants to use Purple or Mr. Legs for development during the Skyfall arc, they are available.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 08:16 PM
Just FYI, Soft's bar is going to open a little later than usual tomorrow in game. She needs to do a couple things in ponyville, and she's going to now that her teleport spell is actually fairly decent.

Deme
2011-05-16, 08:19 PM
Well, if you want to do that instead, it's fine by me. I just thought it would be helpful. I mean, Silvermane's probably not gonna actually respond to ... much of anything, but she can help with her calming ability a little. But it's not absolutely necessary, if you want to do something else, like character development with Dawn or something.

We'll work it out. But I still want an actual breather day in there somewhere. It's tough being a satellite B-lister, always pulled around the by the A-list plots. Sometimes, you need a break.

Thanqol
2011-05-16, 08:21 PM
We'll work it out. But I still want an actual breather day in there somewhere. It's tough being a satellite B-lister, always pulled around the by the A-list plots. Sometimes, you need a break.

If it's any consolation, you're on the B-List A-List :smallwink:

Deme
2011-05-16, 08:31 PM
Oh, I'm not complaining about Foxglove being a B-list character. B-list is about where I like it, actually. I'm more complaining that it's hard to do the sort of subtler, more down-to-earth relationship-building stuff that would help me out when I'm always, due to the at once non-plot having but being very close to characters who need her, getting called to bigger, more immediate plotlines.

Foxglove'll get her day in the sun eventually, I intend it. Somewhen, anyway.

Lycan 01
2011-05-16, 08:43 PM
I prefer Snickers as a B-List character, honestly. :smalltongue:

I don't know anything about the Skyfall arc, so I'm guessing I should stay out of it. Fine by me. :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2011-05-16, 10:45 PM
And deadtime for me in about 5 minutes.

False alarm.

And now I do have to deadtime. Good night everypony.

Deme
2011-05-16, 11:42 PM
Deadtime commences.

Hawkflight
2011-05-16, 11:54 PM
Deadtime for me. I have a final exam in the morning. Night y'all.

Grif
2011-05-16, 11:57 PM
Alright, gonna deadtime as well. See y'all tonight. (It's 1pm now.)

Benson
2011-05-17, 12:05 AM
Well good night all you deadtimers...I'm gonna go..over there cuz its barely 10 PM here....which is um well...I'm just not sleepy simply put xD

Lycan 01
2011-05-17, 12:41 AM
Deadtime for me too. Goodnight y'all.

Crisis21
2011-05-17, 02:10 AM
Deadtiming for the night.

How much is the ruins group missing with the rest of the town by now?

Lix Lorn
2011-05-17, 04:48 AM
Several days. Maybe the ruins have a time dilation field?

Rodny
2011-05-17, 05:43 AM
Back from deadtiming

And now im going back to deadtiming :p

And now im back again... from deadtiming.

And now im deadtiming so i can be around when you guys show up :p

Crisis21
2011-05-17, 10:48 AM
Several days. Maybe the ruins have a time dilation field?

That's certainly going to be my explanation for it.

Hawkflight
2011-05-17, 04:02 PM
Eh? No, we're still on the same day.

Benson
2011-05-17, 04:15 PM
Since we're somehow on the same day and it appears that the day in Bridle Shores is coming to a close possibly soon, when it becomes time for the day to end, perhaps the adventuring group would make camp, afterall pretty epic adventures like that would take more than one day to accomplish :P

RdMarquis
2011-05-17, 04:23 PM
That is what I had in mind for the room I just set up. But if you guys want to blaze on through and try for a dungeon crawling record, I'm okay with that, too. :smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2011-05-17, 05:20 PM
That is what I had in mind for the room I just set up. But if you guys want to blaze on through and try for a dungeon crawling record, I'm okay with that, too. :smalltongue:

I think I'd prefer that. Dawn promised Knack she'd be back by dinnertime, or bedtime at least.

RdMarquis
2011-05-17, 05:25 PM
I think I'd prefer that. Dawn promised Knack she'd be back by dinnertime, or bedtime at least.

Let's say everypony's taking a quick lunch break, then. Unless someone is planning on having a character developing dream or something.

Orzel
2011-05-17, 06:37 PM
My ponies will be shopping tomorrow so I hope someponies will be at work.

Hawkflight
2011-05-17, 06:56 PM
Come to think of it, I don't see how the word "vegetarian" could even exist in Equestria, if nopony eats meat....

Benson
2011-05-17, 06:59 PM
Ponies may not eat meat, doesn't stop other creatures from doing so...plus Pinkie Pie used the term in a song I believe, anyway

Orzel
2011-05-17, 07:09 PM
Both our diets, I should mention
Are completely vegetarian
We all eat hay and oats
Why be at each other's throats?

Didn't Fluttershy mention that wild dragons eat ponies.

Hawkflight
2011-05-17, 07:18 PM
Ponies may not eat meat, doesn't stop other creatures from doing so...plus Pinkie Pie used the term in a song I believe, anyway

Counterargument: It's Pinkie Pie.

Benson
2011-05-17, 07:22 PM
Counterargument: It's Pinkie Pie.

Counterarguement: It's Pinkie Pie....wait...:smallbiggrin:

Mindfreak
2011-05-17, 07:31 PM
I do believe Deme has gotten intimidated by the many posts of people again. I haven't heard a peep from Mystery, who is currently inside Minstrone's house with Minstrone and his uncle eating dinner, for now 2 days.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-17, 07:35 PM
Okay, tomorrow in game, would anypony mind if it was just a relatively normal day for once? Other than the Skyfall part of course.

Benson
2011-05-17, 07:39 PM
That's what I was planning on doing, aside from introducing Gearstride but that's not something plot-shattering anyway.

...and today was a fairly normal day minus the dragon which wasn't that big of a plot-shatteringness.

Grif
2011-05-17, 07:42 PM
Man, the definition of a normal day in Bridle Shores is... a dragon showing up. :smalleek:

@Mindfreak I thought she was still active with her other characters? She was posting in the greenhouse thread.