PDA

View Full Version : [SR 3] Playground... HELP!!!

d13
2011-05-12, 01:11 PM
I have just been informed that I will be running a game of Shadowrun (3rd ed) this saturday at 4.30 PM (GMT -3).

While I'm fine with that, the main problem is that it will be at Montevideo Comics, and I've got to bring characters ready to be played with. :smalleek:

Midterms and exams have left my mind dry, and I have NO idea what characters I want to have. My paper bin is already full of scrapped character ideas. :smallmad:

Would anyone/everyone be so kind to make a character and submit it here? I could use all the help I can get, right now :smalleek:

Please try to keep the characters newbie friendly, as I don't think I will get any shadowrun veteran on my table.

Thank you! :smallsmile:

Oracle_Hunter
2011-05-12, 01:19 PM
Have you tried taking the pre-gens from the book and giving them gear? :smallconfused:

In the alternative, what sort of game are you planning to run? What books are you using? How much RP detail do you need?

We need to know much more before producing any sort of Pre-Gen.

d13
2011-05-12, 02:01 PM
Have you tried taking the pre-gens from the book and giving them gear? :smallconfused:

In the alternative, what sort of game are you planning to run? What books are you using? How much RP detail do you need?

We need to know much more before producing any sort of Pre-Gen.

I already have the book ones, but...

This year, the people in charge of managing the rpg tables at the convention decided that they didn't want a normal rpg day, but a "challenge".
They gave us all (game masters) the same 'story' to adapt to the game we're running (something about a senile man, screaming mushrooms, and a 'creature' that is weakened by said screams). Book pregens are frowned upon, and may result in losing points (I don't really care about that, but It'd be nice if I didn't lose too many xD), and new and interesting characters may (or may not) actually raise the overall score of the game.

Books, I'm sticking with just the core rulebook. I haven't run a game of shadowrun in ages, and want to, at least, keep it simple for me xD

RP detail... Little to none. I want to give the players a little freedom on what they want to play, roleplay wise.
A quirk or two, and some detail is fine. A full-fledged background is not needed.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-05-12, 02:06 PM
Make a bunch of Physical Adepts - as any as you need.

No Cyberware/Bioware to worry about and there is a short list of mods you are allowed to take. Should be mechanically simple to run and to adjudicate.

I have no idea what "interesting" means to your Judges, but you can make just about any kind of Physical Adept and bypass every subsystem outside of basic Combat.