PDA

View Full Version : Will of the Many.... take two

zyborg
2011-05-12, 01:50 PM
I once started one of those forum adventure games called Will of the Many, until some idiot messed it up. That idiot was me. I was away for too long.

Anyways, I'd like to start it up again.

The rules are simple. I'll post what is going on, and then the forumers can say what they want the character to do. Kinda like the MSPaint Adventures and the game by Agent Paper and Domo, but different. And by different, I mean worse. It will be text-based at first, as I have no artists. Also, I'm breaking this into phases. This first phase, things will be quite vague. That's because I want you guys to help develop the character and the world around him/her/it through the actions you make the character go through.

PHASE I: Faceless, Voiceless

You find yourself in some kind of classroom. Test grades are being passed back. Many of your fellow students seem quite disappointed in those grades, while a small number of them seem relieved. In a few moments, you will receive your own grade.

[?]

Mordokai
2011-05-12, 02:42 PM
Where... where am I? What am I doing here? Who am I?

The paper is being offered to me. I reach out and take it, almost automatically. After brief perusal, it would seem to be a math test. C minus. Is that my name up there?

I raise my hand and wait for the professor to notice me.

zyborg
2011-05-12, 02:54 PM
OOC:((Normally, it would be a one line command and I'd do that kinda stuff, but I'm thinking... that's actually a very good post, Mordokai. I think I'll springboard off of that.))

Your grade is finally passed back to you. And it is a... C minus? That's just below average... you signal the teacher to come, which happens. You talk to the teacher about your grade. You are unable to tell how to feel about it. After all, compared to your regular grades, it is...
[?]

Mordokai
2011-05-13, 09:45 AM
Improvement.

OOC:
Not sure if I'm doing this correct, so let me know if/what I'm doing wrong.

zyborg
2011-05-13, 10:23 AM
OOC: Sure. You can be doing it right. :smalltongue: You can do it pretty much however you want. BTW, I'm gonna wait one more day to see if anyone else posts before next action.

A C- is better than your usual grades, so you are not too upset. However, the teacher still seems disappointed in you. You hear something about working harder or failing the class.

[?]

zyborg
2011-05-15, 12:06 PM
You hear a bell ring, and everyone begins to leave. As you get up, however, the bell rings again, but... differently. Everyone disappears, and the lighting seems off. Suddenly, a shadowy, skull-like phantom appears in front of you. Do YoU wIsH tO cOnTiNuE tHiS sHeLl Of A lIfe, it asks, Or Do YoU wIsH tO aScEnD?

[?]

Mordokai
2011-05-15, 12:44 PM
Introduce yourself phantom. I speak not to one who doesn't even befit me with his name.

zyborg
2011-05-17, 01:14 PM
I aM a MeSsEnGeR oF tHe GoD oF tRuTh, the mysterious phantasm claims. I aM hErE tO hElP yOu AwAkEn AnD aScEnD. i KnOw YoU hAvE nO rEaSoN tO tRuSt Me, BuT...

Mordokai
2011-05-17, 02:12 PM
I think I took my medication today...

Very well. I wish to ascend.

TigerFang
2011-05-19, 08:29 AM
I think I'll give it a go if you guys don't mind. (I have no idea how this works so point me in the right direction if something is wrong)

Hearing voices is never a good sign. Ignoring the voice would be the obvious choice... I assume I have fallen asleep due to sleepless nights watching movies and playing computer games.

zyborg
2011-05-21, 07:15 PM
((Only 2 responses, contradicting each other? Okay, guys, I have chosen a number between 1 and 10. Pick one. CLosest wins.))

Qwaz
2011-05-22, 12:09 AM
Screw this failing class life! "I WiSh tO AsCeND" I say in my best imitation of his voice.

zyborg
2011-05-23, 10:40 AM
"WeLl ThEn," the ghostly messenger says, "AsCeNd!"

Color quickly drains from the classroom, until everything is now in gray-scale. Then the world begins to stretch. You feel as if you are in a taffy-puller or a medieval torturing rack, as everything is pulled vertically. Then everything goes dark.

PHASE II: ASCENSION

When you return to consciousness, you find yourself chained to... nothing. Chains are jutting out of your body and anchoring to the darkness. The feeling is quite weird, though painless.

"YoU hAvE nOt YeT aScEnDeD," a recognizable voice says. "yOu MuSt FiRsT fReE yOuRsElF fRoM tHiS wOrLd. To ReMoVe ThEsE cHaInS, yOu MuSt AnSwEr SoMe LiFe-AlTeRiNg QuEsTiOnS. fIrSt... WhO aRe YoU?"

TigerFang
2011-05-23, 12:54 PM
For some strange phantasm that helps people ascend you sure don't know much do you?

I am a failed student at some random school apparently. My name is Boris Dunghead.

Is the answer supposed to be more elaborate or is this enough?

zyborg
2011-05-26, 05:06 PM
"...No, NoT yOuR nAme. WhO aRe YoU?"

Khal
2011-05-26, 09:08 PM
"...No, NoT yOuR nAme. WhO aRe YoU?"

I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!

Had to (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html)be done. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0610.html)

Mordokai
2011-05-27, 03:26 PM
Jonathan Anders be my name.

zyborg
2011-05-29, 10:05 AM
The Messenger seems really frustrated with you. "No, TiM WiThEnS, i Do NoT wAnT yOuR nAmEs. JoE-bOb, GiViNg MuLtIpLe NaMeS iS nOt FuNnY, eSpEcIaLlY sInCe I dId NoT aSk FoR yOuR nAmE!"

Slayed_Prophet
2011-06-09, 10:22 PM
Then, you want yours?
Am I doing it rtight

zyborg
2011-06-13, 08:56 PM
"No, NoT mY nAmE," the spirit 'says' irately, "yOuR nAmE, oR aNyOnE's NaMe! WHO...ARE...YOU?"

Xanmyral
2011-06-13, 09:34 PM
I'll join in.

I am me, for I am. If thought signifies a meaning, then mine is clear. If life is purposeless, and thought prevails over all then life means little.

zyborg
2011-06-17, 07:44 PM
"VEry GOod," the voice says, more clearly. "A DecENt aNSweR." Suddenly, you feel... strange, as a few of the chains retract into your body. "NeXT quEstIOn... wHAt tIEs yOU to THis WOrlD?"

Xanmyral
2011-06-17, 08:36 PM
... Experiences given through life? Emotional ties?

Recaiden
2011-06-22, 06:56 PM
My memories. But they will fade away...

KoboldRevenge
2011-06-26, 03:40 AM
Hey can i join this? If so regard this:

"Will of mind to survive." Oh THIS world? Then these chains i suppose.:smallamused:

zyborg
2011-06-26, 02:05 PM
"So," the phantasm says, much more clearly, "You are afraid to lose your family. Then... my bad news is also good news. Your family is already in the Upper World. They've been kidnapped by beings from the Upper World. They have been... 'erased' from your world. You are considered an orphan, one whose parents and siblings have never been known. If you wish to rescue them..."

Suddenly, many more of the chains recede into your body. You feel... different than before.

"You must rescue them. Your 'enemies' are expecting you... however, I can give you power. The power to rescue them. If you decline my offer, even you will start to forget your family's existence."

Internet Flea
2011-06-26, 06:03 PM
OOC:
((I know I shouldn't take part in this, as I invariably steer these games directly into the ground. But I will anyway because I'm bored.

On a related note, you folks definitely should have ignored the ghost and tried to remove the chains by pushing their iron balls into holes and then filling the holes.))

I'm not agreeing to anything unless I get the specifics.

ArcaneSaint
2011-07-16, 03:58 PM
Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to learn more. What is this "power"? What are the effects, the side-effects, the draw-backs, the costs etc...? Do I have to sign with my blood? 'cause if so, I'm outta here.
OOC:
Did I do this correctly?

super dark33
2011-07-16, 04:37 PM
I accept, tottaly accept. power? always!