PDA

View Full Version : [PF] (modified) Celebrant of Sharess

Norix
2011-05-12, 05:52 PM
Hi,
I wanted to adapt the Celebrant of Sharess class (PGtF) to the pathfinder system. I did also some minor adjustments to increase its power, because i found it quite weak (low BAB, d6 HD) for a "combat" class. Please let me know what you think about my version. The ability description are only vague due to copyright reasons. I'm also happy to hear any suggestions for changes (advance bard casting or own spell progression?) or additions (3 "dead" levels). In particular I'd like some more "pleasure-oriented" abilities, because I think the combat aspect is quite strong. It should be like a cat: lovely and fierce.

PS: can somebody show me how to make a table for the class advancement?^^

Celebrant of Sharess

Hit Die: d8

Requirements:
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Skills: Diplomacy 4 ranks, Perform (any) 4 ranks.
Feats: Sacred Vow, Vow of Purity

Class Level BAB Fort Ref Will Spells Special
1 +0 0 0 1 +1 Bard Fascinate, feline familiar, flirtation
2 +1 1 1 1 +1 Bard Fury of the tigress
3 +2 1 1 2 +1 Bard
4 +3 1 1 2 +1 Bard Suggestion
5 +3 2 2 3 +1 Bard Pounce of the tigress
6 +4 2 2 3 +1 Bard
7 +5 2 2 4 +1 Bard Sanctuary
8 +6 3 3 4 +1 Bard Swiftness of the tigress
9 +6 3 3 5 +1 Bard
10 +7 3 3 5 +1 Bard Greater fury, inspire desire

Class skills:
The Celebrant of Sharess’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), and Spellcraft (Int).
Skill points per level: 6 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
Celebrants of Sharess gain proficiency with the clawed bracers, but not with any armor or shield.

Spells:
Advances bard spellcasting only (10/10).

Fascinate (Su):
Flirtation. Same as bard's ability.

Feline Familiar (Ex):
Cat familiar. Abilities based on twice the class level.

Flirtation (Su):
Same as bard's bardic performance ability. Levels stack for rounds per day, action required to start a performance, DC for acquired bardic performances, and boni (inspire courage, etc.). Does not gain new bardic performances. DC = 10 + class level + Cha. mod.

Fury of the Tigress (Ex):
Same as barbarian's rage ability. Levels stack for duration, effect of rage powers, and qualification for rage powers. Does not gain new rage powers or greater/mighty rage.

Suggestion (Sp):
Flirtation. Same as bard's ability.

Pounce of the Tigress (Ex):
Same as monster's pounce ability.

Sanctuary (Sp):
Flirtation. Create sanctuary spell-like effect for self and allies. Will save negates. Broken on own or allies attack.

Swiftness of the Tigress (Ex):
Act as if hastened for class level plus Cha. mod. rounds per day. 1 round increments. Activate/end as free action.

Greater Fury (Ex):
Same as barbarian's greater rage ability.

Inspire Desire (Su):
Flirtation. Already fascinated target falls in love (love effect) or wants to get intimate (desire effect) with specified creature in sight or next creature it sees. Will save negates. Counts against daily flirtation limit. Enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting effect.

ILM
2011-05-23, 08:30 AM
Amusingly, I'm just trying to play around with a beaty-themed character build in 3.5 and Celebrant of Sharess came up (along with Heartwarder, except that one sucks).

You mention it's weak for a combat class, I happen to disagree. Sure, poor BAB (ok this is actually pretty terrible) and d6 HD, but 6 skill points and, more importantly, 3/day rage, pounce, and (Ex) Haste. In addition, she gets other abilities that target will saves and are based on a Perform check, which are amazingly easy to push through the roof. Consider Sanctuary: it works like the lowly level 1 spell, except the DC is based on your Perform check. It's Abjuration and not listed as mind-affecting meaning it goes through Mind Blank and undead immunities. At level 20, you can easily throw out a DC 60+ "no, I don't think so" whenever someone wants to attack you - and you can do it like 10 times per day. Meanwhile, you can wail on them as much as you like. They can still nab you with area effects but it's still restricting their options quite a lot.

That said, my main beef with your ideas is that it makes the class a virtual extension of the Bard class. Same BAB, worse saves (what's that +5 will save progression you've got going there?), full caster advancement and stacks with Performance for pretty much everything. I notice you didn't specify the save DC on Sanctuary, good on you if you nerfed it to the usual 10+class level+Cha mod.

The requirements let a character qualify at level 1, which isn't a good idea. Leave the skill requirements as they are.

In general, I feel there's a reason the designers of the original class gave it abilities similar to, but not stacking with, Bard abilities. For anyone who wants to play a slightly more combat Bard, your class is kind of a no-brainer and that tells me it's probably a bit over the top.