PDA

View Full Version : Stalwart Defender, any ideas to improve defensive stance?

Griffin
2011-05-13, 03:39 PM
So, I was reading a bit, since we are starting PF (changing from 3.5) and I'm starting with a tiefling paladin, which I'm trying to make a sort of all out defense bulwark, and I stumble on the Stalwart Defender class (for a later use on the same character), however, after reading and loving every single thing on the class, I looked at the disadvantages of defensive stance, been that after using it you get either exhausted or fatigued, so I wanted to know if there is any item that can counter those (I know a paladin mercy with lay on hands can do it too) but I want more options to just not rely on mercy (healing is something you need to keep in stock, specially since my partner will be all offensive)

subject42
2011-05-13, 03:59 PM
Are you pure Pathfinder, or does your group allow 3.5 material?

Griffin
2011-05-13, 09:03 PM
Are you pure Pathfinder, or does your group allow 3.5 material?

still defining, but if you can give me some details I'll propose the idea to the DM and see what he says about it

Infernalbargain
2011-05-13, 09:08 PM
If you import Forgotten Realms, then there's a feat that downgrades exhaustion effects to fatigue and fatigue effects to nothing. So it'll take 2 waves of exhaustion to exhaust you, but you're 100% immune to waves of fatigue. In PF, if you take 5 levels of oracle with the lame curse, you get immunity to fatigue.

subject42
2011-05-13, 11:24 PM
There's an item in the Magic Item Compendium that gives you undead traits for a few rounds. If you kicked that on at the end of your stance you could bypass the fatigue.

I think it's called the Talisman of Undying Fortitude or something.