PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Feat: Improved Intimidating Prowess

Agi Hammerthief
2011-05-13, 06:22 PM
Improved Intimidating Prowess (Combat)
Your physical might is exeptionally intimidating.

Prerequisite: Str 15, Intimidating Prowess

Benefit: You can demoralise an opponent as a move action.
you count as one size category larger to resist being intimidated.

Normal: Demoralizing an opponent is a standard action.

I think this is kinda missing

jmelesky
2011-05-13, 10:35 PM
I like it.

You may want to combine it with a bonus to Intimidate (+2 seems a good fit, comparing to other feats).

Agi Hammerthief
2011-05-14, 01:22 AM
I like it.

You may want to combine it with a bonus to Intimidate (+2 seems a good fit, comparing to other feats).

Improved Faint doesn't grant an extra bonus
plus it's already quite powerful as the efects of demoralising are cumulative:
Shaken -> Frightened -> Panicked
you can make the opposing caster run away within two rounds while hacking at his meat shield

the Str. Prerequisite is there to avoide abuse by a whimpy bard

jmelesky
2011-05-14, 12:47 PM
Improved Faint doesn't grant an extra bonus

True, but Improved Intimidating Prowess is the second feat in a tree concentrated on a single action -- it could easily be as powerful as a Greater Maneuver feat.

the Str. Prerequisite is there to avoide abuse by a whimpy bard

If that's the intent, the fact that it takes two feats (the first of which is useless to a wimpy bard) might be discouragement enough. In other words, if the bard wants to take a useless feat, then wait two levels and take this feat, i wouldn't have a problem with it.

If there's a bonus to Intimidate, that might be a different story. Either way, i don't think the feat is poorly balanced.

Agi Hammerthief
2011-05-14, 01:57 PM
True, but Improved Intimidating Prowess is the second feat in a tree concentrated on a single action -- it could easily be as powerful as a Greater Maneuver feat.
which leaves the cumulative effect

I got the idea from a character I'm building who has easily Str 20, Cha 14
by the time I'd want the feat (around 8th level)
thats 8 Ranks +3 Class Skill + 5 Str + 2 Cha + 2 Race
for a total of 20 + 1d20
the DC to intimidate someone is a flat 10+Level+WisMod
I can easily hit the DC for most creatures as strong as my character without even rolling

it might be a good idea though to count characters with this feat as one size category larger when someone tries to intimidate them.

If that's the intent, the fact that it takes two feats (the first of which is useless to a wimpy bard) might be discouragement enough. In other words, if the bard wants to take a useless feat, then wait two levels and take this feat, i wouldn't have a problem with it.
I guess that's what Dazzling Display is for, that even targets all foes in 30' range