PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th

MikelaC1
2011-05-13, 07:53 PM
It just occurred to me that I should have expected this, being as its Friday the 13th.
The DM just pulled the plug on the game in which I have my most powerful PC.
I failed in my application to another game today.
A game that the DM abandoned before it started, we tried to recruit a new DM to it, and today, it fell to the 3rd page of Recruiting Players and I dropped my subscription to it.
Has anyone else ever lost as many, or even more games in the same day?
Oh, and just to make the day complete, the rest of my games that I play or DM have continued to be stuck in neutral.

ScottishDragon
2011-05-13, 09:42 PM
I ruined my keyboard,messed up a lot in my tech project,didn't know about 25% of the material in the state history test. Friday the 13 truly is a bad day. Oh and my friend had a risky surgery today. Pretty shure hes fine though.

CrimsonAngel
2011-05-13, 09:51 PM
I hit my head on something. I wore my thicker jacket incase I caught fire or was stuck in some sort of freak Texas blizzard, but all it did was make me sweaty. I did randomly start crying at lunch, though. That's unusual. The new guy that sits with us drew a face on his hand and made me laugh. The world keeps spinning. I'm bored.

Nameless Ghost
2011-05-13, 09:57 PM
I only realised it was Friday 13th when it was mentioned on the radio and naturally today was as uneventful as most other days.

Oh, actually, I got a slight blister on my finger. Such tragic bad luck! :smalleek:

Ranger Mattos
2011-05-13, 09:57 PM
I quite literally got 25 lbs of homework.

I did get a 95% on my bio quiz though.

littlebottom
2011-05-13, 11:01 PM
perhaps a day late, but no, friday the thirteenth meant nothing other to me than yet another dull day.

nothing bad happened, nothing good happened. nothing happened. i think that this might be worse than a lot of bad stuff happening though since its just so boring:smallfrown:

ZombyWoof
2011-05-13, 11:04 PM
I was born on Friday the 13th.

How unlucky were YOU guys :smallwink::smallamused:

Helanna
2011-05-13, 11:24 PM
Today (Well, technically yesterday now) I was woken up at 6 am because something was tickling my throat. Turned out to be a millipede, and I was bitten several times before getting it off me. Got off the couch I was sleeping on and nearly stepped on a dead mouse that either my dog or cat thought would be a good present, then had to fight a small spider infestation in my house (and I HATE spiders).

After going back to sleep for a while, I woke up again just in time to rush to work for a nine-hour shift that had been turned in to a ten-hour shift because a coworker got pulled to do night shifts. Work was just horrible, but then, I always hate work, so that wasn't really unusual.

However, given that the reason I was on the couch sleeping in the first place was because I was too tired to bother going downstairs to my bedroom last night after work, I'm willing to assign all the blame for my bad luck on "Working for Wal-mart" rather than Friday the 13th.

DraPrime
2011-05-13, 11:59 PM
Nothing particularly unfortunate happened at all. So...I'm extremely lucky?

Bobby Archer
2011-05-14, 12:26 AM
Blogger ate a post I was pretty proud of, ate some bad turkey, and had a minor freak-out over job applications. Not my best day.

Dr.Epic
2011-05-14, 12:28 AM
I lost my tablet pen and ended having to buy another, but that was two Wednesdays ago (the 4th).

Mystic Muse
2011-05-14, 12:29 AM
A big bee came close to stining me about 20 different times.

That's the extent of bad things happening to me today.

Oh, I also felt kind of sick, but that wasn't too bad.

Dr.Epic
2011-05-14, 12:29 AM
A big bee came close to stining me about 20 different times.

That's the extent of bad things happening to me today.

Oh, I also felt kind of sick, but that wasn't too bad.

Take favored enemy (big) bee.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-14, 12:35 AM
Take favored enemy (big) bee.

Can't. I'm a first level commoner.

ghost_warlock
2011-05-14, 01:00 AM
I got hacked apart by some psycho in a hockey mask. :smallfrown:

I got better, though.

And then we hung out for a while and he's actually a pretty sweet dude for being a homicidal maniac. He killed a couple other people and then we watched some dude fall off a ladder and land on a black cat.

So, everything went better than expected. :smallsmile:

Mordokai
2011-05-14, 01:36 AM
http://soshable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

Of course, I wasn't really expecting much, so maybe that's that. It was, after all, just one more normal day. And it was friday. Ever since I stopped working four shift job, that's all that matters.

BladeofOblivion
2011-05-14, 01:56 AM
I said 'Macbeth' 50 times in a row. In a theater. My brother expressed surprise that I wasn't hit by 20d100 bolts of lightning as soon as I exited. :smalltongue:

Totally Guy
2011-05-14, 02:18 AM
I handed my boss a financial report and his words were "This is the first thing you've done right for me in your whole career."

About bloody time. :smallsigh:

DwarvenExodus
2011-05-14, 02:21 AM
My school bus almost broke down on my way home. But then it turned out that it was fine and we had only wasted about one minute. So, Subverted Trope? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SubvertedTrope)

Em Blackleaf
2011-05-14, 02:40 AM
A girl at my school got hurt in dance class and had to go to the hospital, my mom had to wait forever at the pharmacy, my friend couldn't find this plaster stuff needed to make masquerade masks and I couldn't find my favorite old surf shirt (though I found a Lego Star Wars shirt in the process). Do those count as bad luck things?

But it was an all in all good day. Nothing bad happened except the shirt thing. I hope I didn't throw it away without thinking... x:

ZombyWoof
2011-05-14, 05:32 AM
Dear Blackleaf:

Your avatar is super cute. Can I give you a hug?

With love for your avatar,

ZombyWoof.

KenderWizard
2011-05-14, 05:55 AM
Friday the 13th was a pretty good day for me: I finished my practical exams, with my last one going really well. I went for a drink with my class, then went shopping with my partner. I got frustrated because I couldn't find a generic red hoodie for my brother's birthday present, and I thought we wouldn't be on time to see Thor in the cinema. But then we were on time and Thor was awesome! We were going to order take out but the restaurant rejected our order because they were busy, but then my partner cooked a nice dinner instead. So really, everything was pretty great!

Lord Loss
2011-05-14, 08:30 AM
Had an awesome time at the chool dance, but wasn't brave enough to ask the girl I like to dance with me. Pretty sure she likes me back, though. Although my friends kept throwing me in her direction and tried to get me to make a move, in very obvious ways :smallmad:

Em Blackleaf
2011-05-14, 11:24 PM
Dear Blackleaf:

Your avatar is super cute. Can I give you a hug?

With love for your avatar,

ZombyWoof.
Why, thank you. And absolutely you may!

Gaelbert
2011-05-15, 12:13 AM
I saw my family for the first time in months and moved back home. All of the moving and the packing went off without a hitch, I didn't forget or break anything. I sampled a new cafe that serves gluten free waffles mixed in with savoury ingredients. I had a waffle with olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, and zaatar and it was truly superb. I got to see the rooftop of the apartment I move into, and the rooftop patio area has a panoramic view of the entire Bay Area. I sold some items of mine and received far more money than I was expecting, more money than I paid in the first place. I found a copy of the complete works of William Shakespeare in one volume with leather binding for $2, and I purchased it. I went to a tea harvest festival and tasted tea picked less than two weeks earlier. Some of the teas I had sell for $80/ounce. I didn't have to pay anywhere near that much, and all of the teas were delicious. That night, I ate at a fast food establishment. Despite my misgivings, I was served promptly and courteously served by a well-trained and highly professional staff. The food was far less greasy than I expected, and it tasted quite good. I didn't hit any traffic on the way home, and I made record time.
Oh, but my cat bit me. So the curse is alive!