PDA

View Full Version : Ghost of Aniel

Major
2011-05-13, 07:56 PM
So I was glancing at various original adventures posted by Wizards and came across this one

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20010112a

I'm sorry, but how does a party deal with this? Had they simply said "if you have no way to deal with invisible things don't run this." It'd be one thing, but instead they mention that there is a See Invisibility scroll and such to help the party. However, the entire ending of the adventure just seems cruel for any DM to run.

Ignoring Phase Spiders and how cruel they can be to any party that can't stop them from phasing in and out, the end has the party need a break DC of 28 and then once you get the item god forbid anyone fails a DC 19 or they are dead.

Sure, by level 6 DC 19 isn't HORRIBLE, but all it takes is one bad roll and the bad guy runs off with your body and turns it into his.

I like the adventure idea and it seems like it could be cool, but it just seems like if it was used on a party they'd get destroyed.

TroubleBrewing
2011-05-13, 09:11 PM
I like the adventure idea and it seems like it could be cool, but it just seems like if it was used on a party they'd get destroyed.

Sometimes, that's the point. There is an adjective for adventures like this: "Gygaxian". It's a term of endearment to some, and pure, abject terror for others. :smalltongue:

Major
2011-05-13, 09:20 PM
Gygaxian...love it :P