PDA

View Full Version : What to do with an (ex) thieves guild?

Kingscourt
2011-05-14, 12:01 PM
So, in my current 3.5 campaign, my 7th level wizard has just purchased an inn in a large capital human city, and is now planning on having it run by a 'thieves guild' (Not really a real guild so much as an 'family' of urchins and orphans stealing to survive), and using it's secret basement (was previously owned by cult members) as a base of operations later on. I have about 20 or so thieves, the highest of them being 3-4th level rogues, and the rest 1st or probably 2nd at best level rogues. I was thinking about having them be my ears and eyes around the city, but I was wondering if you guys had any good ideas about leveling them up, or something more useful they could be used for. Ideally, I'd like them to have a few more levels, so they could be useful for reconnaissance or sabotage and the like, if I needed them to do so.

Additionally, I've allotted myself 1K gold to spend on gear and supply for the rogues, so I'm trying to put together a list of things I would buy for them.

Bhaakon
2011-05-14, 12:11 PM
A horde of forsaken orphans? Sounds like an unspeakably evil spell component bonanza. Invest in a couple rings of regeneration and start harvesting.

Telonius
2011-05-14, 12:22 PM
Sounds like an ideal fundraising group. Issue some green uniforms and have them sell cookies.

You can always use them as a source of distraction if you need to break into someplace. (Yeah, got the idea from Crocodile Dundee).

They can help vote your bard in to the next round of Medieval Idol.

Jack_Simth
2011-05-14, 12:39 PM
Sounds like an ideal fundraising group. Issue some green uniforms and have them sell cookies.
So... make use of the PHB II retraining rules to get them all 4-5 ranks in Profession(Door to door salesman)?