PDA

View Full Version : Help Making Adventure for Powerful Character Please

Drowlord
2011-05-14, 01:35 PM
I need help for making an adventure for a powerful character. He wins the ones I can think of single-handed, mostly. He is a gelstalt with 4 levels in Fighter and 3 in Magician. He has (through extreme good luck) 7 :smalleek: magic swords, one of which channels the power of fire and another which channels the power of ice. He has two magic staffs, one which has ancient psionic powers and one which has the ability to channel his magic and can steal one spell from anyone nearby. Help!

Glimbur
2011-05-14, 01:53 PM
What system is this? It sounds like it is class based, but that's all I know for sure.

Consider a political adventure: stabbing ability is only part of the answer to such problems.

Drowlord
2011-05-14, 02:29 PM
This is in a convoluted version of D&D based on half basic D&D and half 3.5.

erikun
2011-05-14, 03:17 PM
Try something that doesn't involve combat. Rather than allowing him to use his ability to kill orcs to get through the whole adventure, give him a few challanges that can't be responded to with a sword or fireball.

Something like: Hobgoblins have taken over the nearby fort. If he starts fighting the ones camped out in front of the main gate, the ones inside drop the portcullis and will shoot arrows at him as long as he is visible. He'll need to look for a back door or climb up the walls, rather than bashing down the front door.

If you're talking about combat, it sounds like he is a 4th level character with a bunch of spells. He's tough, but solo. Two 4th or 5th level melee types at the same time should be enough to hurt him pretty bad, especially if they have a way to sneak up on him (good hide checks and/or invisibility beforehand).