PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Spells and feats for a 5th level Oracle?

Arutema
2011-05-15, 02:32 AM
One of my Pathfinder Society characters is an Oracle who may be going from 3rd to 5th level at KublaCon this month, and it will help the con flow smoothly if I can pick my new spells and feats in advance.

Current status:
Race: Human
Class: Oracle 3
Str: 14
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 18

Curse: Lame
Mystery: Life
Revelations: Channel, Life Link

Spells Known:
0: Stabilize, Light, Detect Magic
1: Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Magic Weapon, Detect Undead, Divine Favor

What are good level 2 spells to take? I'll be getting Lesser Restoration and Cure Moderate Wounds for free.

Feats:
Martial Weapon Proficiency (Sword Cane)
Selective Channel
Extra Channel

What's a good feat to take at 5th level?

My playstyle so far has been to focus on buffing the party and keeping them alive, rather than limping into battle with my 20 ft move speed and light armor, and I'd kind of like to continue that

Allowed sources are Pathfinder Core, Advanced Players Guide and maaaybe Ultimate Magic.

jmelesky
2011-05-15, 05:14 PM
Let's see, good 2nd-level spells. The Bull's Strength line of spells are pretty good buffs (Bull's Strength is probably the best melee buff, followed by Bear's Endurance and Cat's Grace). Align Weapon is circumstantial, but very handy when you do need it.

I have a soft spot for Shield Other, myself. It can put your HP to good use getting a rogue onto the front line, for example.

As far as feats go, you may want to consider metamagic. Still Spell and Silent Spell are both situational, but invaluable when you hit those situations.

Paul H
2011-05-15, 06:25 PM
Hi

Oracles big weakness is lack of spells, so anything that increases spells know is good.

1) Favoured Class Option (APG pg 23) for Oracles grants extra spell known every time you level. Nod bad! :)

2) Feats: Toughness grants extra HP, Additional Traits. Can grant bonus to saves & skills. Other abilities also available.

3) Spells: Oracles Burden (APG Pg 192), Lssr Restoration, Spiritual Wpn, are also good choices.

Thanks
Paul H