PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] What alternative systems have you used?

Kiero
2011-05-15, 03:48 AM
Not in the subforum because this is multi-system/non-native system.

For every person who enjoys Exalted and likes the system, it seems there is another who likes the setting and hates the system. For every other one of those, there's someone with their own conversion to their favourite system.

So what have you used instead of the Storyteller mechanics? How did it go? How did you handle Charms?

I'm working on an adaptation to Strands of Fate (http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/SoF_Exalted), approaching completion.

Xefas
2011-05-15, 05:48 AM
I've found "In a Wicked Age" functions surprisingly well for Exalted with absolutely no alterations or homebrew required. Not only have I played multiple sessions with uniformly great success in the past, it's the system my group still uses when we do play Exalted (which isn't terribly often, as they don't have quite the love of Creation that I do).

Revlid
2011-05-15, 05:56 AM
I've seen a FATE system-conversion used to great effect. I believe it can be found somewhere on RPG.net.

Kiero
2011-05-15, 06:15 AM
I've seen a FATE system-conversion used to great effect. I believe it can be found somewhere on RPG.net.

I've got one linked in my OP (though that's Strands rather than SotC/SBA/DFPRG). :smalltongue:

Teln
2011-05-15, 03:58 PM
Has anybody found a system that can properly handle Charm trees?

randomhero00
2011-05-15, 04:34 PM
shrug, Exalted worked fine for us.

Kiero
2011-05-15, 05:07 PM
Has anybody found a system that can properly handle Charm trees?

Depends what you mean. As far as I'm concerned the best thing to do with them, as with any tiered complexity, is to collapse them.

Xefas
2011-05-15, 05:30 PM
What does everyone think about the idea of performing character creation and experience point advancement using the Exalted system, to ascertain the exact concrete capabilities and advancements of the characters, and then using a super light barely-not-freeform system like Primetime Adventures for the actual conflict resolution, using the Exalted character sheets as guidelines?