PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Meet-up VI: Back from the Dead

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-15, 10:06 AM
You turn on your old cranky radio and some funky music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hXzKnVgMdU&feature=related) starts, only for it to switch to...Harry Potter music? You don't want some weird Harry Potter music called ''The Weird Sisters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tNUAumvfzg)''! Or maybe you do and you're too embarrased to keep it on. Either way, you tune the channel and slowly the static gives leave to a voice.

''Welcome, welcome, to the one and only, the unique!-''
Urgent whispering, flutters in the background.
''What? You say there have been around five of these already? Hold on a sec, let me think up a new speech...''

''We'l be right back after the commercial.''
You hear this second voice clearing his throat and taking a deep breath.
''Coffin Nails, who doesn't love them, spot cheap and --''

You turn away, waiting for the commercial to pass and spend some quality family time check facebook or hyves. Maybe that cute girl would be online. Oh wait, the first voice is beginning his new speech!

''Welcome, laddies and ladies, to the sixth incarnation, if I remember right, of the Dutchhhhhh meet-up!
You don't have to be Dutch to join in on the fun, we've always had atleast one from Belgium, Germany is close by and there've been rumours of a Troglander coming this time.

The music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4GzRXXwAsw) slowly starts, but never overtakes the announcer.
''We've meet-up'd with Nero, while he fiddled.
We've meet-up'd at Waterloo
We've meet-up'd with Jack the Ripper
And now, our honoured guest...We meet-up with YOU!''

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, time to bundle our powers against this hideous evil. the summer vacation is coming, let us meet-up once more!

WHERE?
My place, at Dordrecht, is available. It's pretty easy to reach by Public Transport and car. Pretty centrally located in South Holland. Only 10 min walking away from the Train Station. and has parking at a couple of minutes of walking.
If you have a location that's available, feel free to offer and we'l look into it if it's better/easier for the meet-up!

WHEN?
14th of august.

Attendee list:
Attending:
Dallas-Dakota
Dragonprime
Edwardnigma
JoseB
Lazy Genius
Morph_Bark
Zweanslord

Have said they can and should be able to come.
Gezina

Possibly
Kwarkpudding
Pepz

Nay

Borgh
Eadin
Iferus
Tiger Duck
Lord Herman
Lillith

Have posted/pm'd interest:
Arcane Saint
Randman
Mooncat

List of people who've shown (earlier) interest OR are anywhere near/in the Netherlands.(these people should have also received a PM announcing the thread)

Arlanthe
Ashtar
Borgh
Captain Happy
Calsan
Chris the Pontifex
Cyborg Pirate
Dragonprime
Dallas-Dakota
Eadin
Elanya
Elphir
Form
Ichneumon
Iferus
InaVegt
JoseB
Kwarkpudding
Lianserin
Lillith
Lord Herman
Lubirio
MrEdwardNigma
Natania
Pepz
Red Pieper
RoKAi
Rykaj
Simius
Sirroelivan
squishycube
Tamis
Wizard of the Coat
Yardo
YPU
Zweanslord

Previous meet-up(threads):
The first. August 18, 2007 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46600)
2 - Return of the Dutch Meet-up - February 9, 2008 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64646)
3 - Revenge of the Dutch Meet-up - December 12, 2008 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96015)
4 - Bride of the Dutch Meet-up - August 2009. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112402)
5 - Son of the Dutch Meet-up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136232)
5(+1) - Son of the Dutch Meet-up strikes again! - September 2010 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160516)

Gamessss 'n stuff, who's bringing what?:
DD: Catan, 1 expansion, munchkin, several card sets, enough amount of dice*, Risk.
Lazy Genius:
- Machiavelli with extension
- Carcasonne with extensions
Edward:
-Munchkin with Unnatural Axe.

*enough that if several people don't have any, it's no worry.

Food:
Lazy Genius is vegetarian
3 Pizzas(4 cheeses, tuna and Hawai)
13-20 pancakes.
+ French fries.

Lunch will still be served as you arrive.
Snacks will be served by me all day long.

Sleeping Places:
We have a couple of couches, one two person matress and 1 one person matress. We have plenty of floorspace if you wish to bring your own sleeping stuff/mat. (People from abroad have auto-dibs)

People who have dibs:
-Dragonprima
-Lazy Genius
-Edwardnigma

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/DutchMeet-upVIbanner.png
And please bring this to the attention of our perhaps less well known(less well known or less known that they're Dutch/from the surrounding area) fellow forumites! By putting this in your signature. It's 120 high x 470 wide, so you don't even have to spoiler it!

Tiger Duck
2011-05-15, 10:23 AM
You forgot this thread :smallwink:
Dutch Meetup V+: Son of the Dutch Meetup Strikes Again
But I'm still a maybe, really depends on a whole lot diffrent little reasons.
I'd like to though.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-15, 10:24 AM
Thenk you, it would be cool if you can come.
If the place and time matter, I remember Edward offering his place previous time? That might be a option again.

And I didn't forget it, I just couldn't find it. >.>''

Tiger Duck
2011-05-15, 10:29 AM
And I didn't forget it, I just couldn't find it. ><

Wel I rememberd I made it so that made finding it easy :smallbiggrin:

Borgh
2011-05-15, 10:36 AM
+1 interested person here. don't know yet if my schedule will alow me to be there but if I can I will.

Eadin
2011-05-15, 10:41 AM
@^Didn't know you were dutch/belgian/something close to the netherlands =o

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-15, 10:42 AM
He's Dutch, I just stumbled upon that recently in the ''why do motorists hate cyclers'' thread.:smallsmile:

Form
2011-05-15, 11:02 AM
Hmmm... maybe. It would be fun, but I'm not really sure just yet. I might not have the time for it this year.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-15, 11:22 AM
And now we have a spiffy banner so we can bring more attention to this.:smallsmile:
Very siggable, don't even need to put it in a spoiler.

It's not one of Herman's works, but I think it'l do.:smallsmile:

MoonCat
2011-05-15, 11:40 AM
Oh man, I hope I can come!

It all depends on whether I'll be in the Netherlands in August though. :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-15, 11:48 AM
It might be in July too, these are just the things suggested by me! (granted, I did look a bit what would be best for me/most people but yeah, nothing decided yet!)

MrEdwardNigma
2011-05-15, 01:30 PM
Yes. Sure. I'll attend. I didn't read most of the post, and I need to like make a thesis by half august, but otherwise, I should be able to attend.

I have Munchkin (+ Unnatural Axe expansion) but heck, everyone does, so I assume I won't have to bring it.

DraPrime
2011-05-15, 03:26 PM
Hmmm, well this American will be in Europe from July 10 to August 20, so some time between those two dates would be optimal if I were to show up at this event. I am very interested to come, since there are nowhere near enough playgrounders in my part of the US.

Borgh
2011-05-15, 03:38 PM
@^Didn't know you were dutch/belgian/something close to the netherlands =o

Vlissingen here, but born in Eindhoven.

then again I hve not actively been around for long.

Lord Herman
2011-05-15, 05:54 PM
Ohey, new meetup thread.

Put me on the 'showed interest' list. I don't have anything scheduled for the summer yet, but I can't say anything definitive this far in advance.

Depending on my mode of transport, I could bring the OOTS board game along. It's for six players, though, and there's no easy way to make it work for more. And it's long. Very long. And fun.

For our usual role playing game, we could play Paranoia. It's lots of silly fun, and it's easy to learn as the players aren't required to know the rules. In fact, knowing the rules is treasonous.

randman22222
2011-05-15, 05:58 PM
Oooh, this would be fun to come to, but it depends on if I'm in Germany or the U.S. in August...

Tiger Duck
2011-05-15, 06:36 PM
With everyone of these awesome peoples that expres an intrest, do the chance of me attending increase :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-16, 05:53 AM
To make this meet-up even better, Eadin will most likely bake brownies for everybody attending.:smallbiggrin:

rakkoon
2011-05-16, 05:57 AM
Hmm, brownies in the Netherlands. Have you ever seen the movie Euro Trip by any chance?

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-16, 06:08 AM
Multiple times.:smallbiggrin:

Tiger Duck
2011-05-16, 06:13 AM
If I attend I'll most likely both bake and then bring some cakes aswell. :smallwink:
People have called them very delicious in the past :smallbiggrin:

And not all of them were bribed to say so ;)

Eadin
2011-05-16, 06:38 AM
Hmm, brownies in the Netherlands. Have you ever seen the movie Euro Trip by any chance?

My brownies are awesome. :smallcool:

You're coming, right? :smalltongue:

ArcaneSaint
2011-05-16, 10:36 AM
Da klinkt tof, ma'k weet nie of'k kan kome. Eerst mijn rijbewijs zien te hale, 't is nu ook myn laatste jaar middelbaar dus d'er zulle wel heel wa afscheids/eind/troost:smalleek:-feestjes zijn dees vakantie :smallbiggrin:. Zelfs al klinke die brownies zo lekker, 'k denk toch da da voor volgend jaar gaat zijn. Als da dan nog doorgaat.

PS: Volgend jaar msschn in Limburg, België? Dan moe'k wa minder ver gaan :smallwink:

Translation
Sounds fun, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to come over. First I gotta get my driver's license, it's also my last year of secondary education now so there'll be a lot of goodbye/consolation:smalleek:-parties this summer :smallbiggrin:. Even if those brownies sound so tasty, I think I'll have to come next year.

PS: Next year in Limburg, Belgium maybe? That way I won't need to travel that far :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-16, 10:47 AM
First, good luck with all your tests!

Second, maybe you could catch a ride with Edward and Eadin, who will be leaving from Antwerpen? Would that make it easier?

Third, Might be better for you Belgian folks, but previous time around, there were already people saying that Antwerpen was too far. So I dunno. But it might make it more tempting for some German folks to join us.:smallsmile:

Still, Antwerpen/Edward's place is a option as a location for the meet-up, I believe? Don't want to speak for him.

Ps. our meet-ups aren't annual, as you can see in the OP:smallwink:

DraPrime
2011-05-16, 10:53 AM
Also, isn't it rather odd to have a Dutch meetup outside the Netherlands? :smallconfused:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-16, 10:55 AM
It's always been more of a ''lowlands* meet-up'', though so far always in the Netherlands.

Also, odd is what we are.:smallcool:

*no associations to be made with the ''lowlands festival''.

Eadin
2011-05-16, 10:55 AM
Dutch refers more to the fact that we all speak Dutch, the language.

And he can come with us if he wants, gotta ask Edward first.

Zweanslord
2011-05-16, 01:11 PM
Looking at the options on when, it seems that I will have to regrettably miss this one. One during my vacation, others directly the day before/after, so alas. Have fun all, though!

ArcaneSaint
2011-05-16, 03:31 PM
Antwerps... hmm, still quite the distance without a car. I'm not a terribly huge fan of trains and buses either (unsurprising since they're almost never on time in Belgium)

Oh, and part of Belgium speaks "Dutch" (In Flanders we speak Flemish which is quite similar to Dutch but without "nou zeg!" :smallbiggrin:), most people think we're German when they hear us though :smallconfused: (I ALWAYS get addressed in German on vacations if the waiter/receptionist/whatever has heard parts of our conversations)

And lastly, my parents probably won't agree with me leaving to a meet-up with people I just met on the internet :smalltongue:

btw, is there anyone here who's going to UHasselt? That's where I'll be going next year (hopefully).

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-16, 03:50 PM
If parents are worried, me or my parents are always willing to talk on the phone to assure them that we're just friendly normal err, not dangerous people.

Not going as far as calling myself normal though.:smalltongue:

I'm just a 17 year old cookiemonster(well 18, when the meet-up happens), after all :smallwink:

MoonCat
2011-05-16, 05:10 PM
Blah razzumfrazzum money issues. :smallannoyed::smallmad::smallfurious::smallfrown: I probably wont be able to come.

Eadin
2011-05-16, 05:47 PM
Nope, UAntwerpen here.

Lillith
2011-05-17, 12:42 PM
Well I'm interested but I have to put myself down for a maybe. Since I might or might not have to extend my holiday by a week. I for sure know that I won't be able to make it on the 27th of August weekend.

Morph Bark
2011-05-18, 01:30 PM
Considering I'm just a province away, count me as one of the possible attendees. :smallamused:

I won't be able to make it the last week of July due to an annual holiday week with friends, if it happens then.

Yardo
2011-05-21, 09:31 AM
Set me up as an other possible to, depending on when it actualy is, as I will have to check it with my schedule for the summer.

Lazy Genius
2011-05-21, 11:36 AM
I'm going to go ahead and say I might come as well, I'll be gone almost the entirety of the summer, but I'll try to make room in between Indonesia and moving. Definitely can't come in July, Second Sunday in August (the 14th) is a distant possibility, depending on the time.

JoseB
2011-05-21, 12:01 PM
Count me as a "possible". In summer I tend to go away, usually back to my country. However, if a definite date is decided early enough, I can arrange my trip around it.

Lord Herman
2011-05-22, 04:24 AM
I think you can put me on the 'most likely coming' list now, DD. I convinced my parents to take a day trip to Dordrecht, so I'll have transportation. Also means that taking the OOTS board game won't be a problem. I won't be staying the night, though.

It might be a good idea not to wait too long with pinning a definite date. I've made a Google Docs spreadsheet with all the dates people have said they're available. Feel free to add yourself to the list, or make corrections if I mucked up.

The List (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkXJP7ReQxggdEhzOGkwT1JtZ05VV0JKLW95Y0t6N 0E&hl=en_US&authkey=CLKWlJoF)

DD, can you put a link to this list in the OP? If it works, that is. I've never used one of these google doc thingamabobs before.

Lazy Genius
2011-05-22, 10:11 AM
To complete my part on that list, you can put me down for 'No' on August 6-7, a 'Maybe' for August 13-14 ('No' for 13th, 'Definitely Probable' for 14th, but I understand if it's going to be a Saturday-to-Sunday thing, so leave it at 'Maybe'), and a 'Yes' for everything after that.

Also, I noticed it was noted that Lord Herman was vegetarian (or rather, is vegetarian), I'm also vegetarian. :smallwink:

MrEdwardNigma
2011-05-23, 07:39 AM
I would like to suggest a nice, relaxing game of Paranoia during the meet-up.

Morph Bark
2011-05-23, 08:16 AM

I guess I should learn the rules beforehand then, eh? :smalltongue:

MrEdwardNigma
2011-05-23, 08:17 AM
Knowledge of the rules is deeply frowned upon, and in fact considered treasonous. Are you a traitor, clone?

Eadin
2011-05-23, 08:18 AM

Relaxing, he says...*shakes head*

MrEdwardNigma
2011-05-23, 09:10 AM
Fun is mandatory.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-23, 04:57 PM
Lazy Genius: If you could add yourself to the roster, that'd be appreciated. I do believe that the thing is ment so that anybody can edit it.
Herman: Thenks! It worked and tells me it auto-saved after I edited stuff, so yeah.:smallbiggrin: This will be usefull!

Edward: Yes...A game of Paranoia sounds like...fun...especially since I've never played before, nor do I know the rules. Just heard of it.

Lazy Genius
2011-05-23, 05:04 PM
Ah, thanks for that. I just went to do that, but noticed someone had already done it, so thanks, whoever did that. :smallwink:

Also, since this week is Final exam week the 2nd (in the Netherlands at least, not so sure about other Benelux-area countries), I wish you all luck, those that are taking exams. I've only got English and Biology left on Thursday and Friday respectively, so lucky me? :smallconfused:

Eadin
2011-05-23, 05:08 PM
If Edward says it's fun it must be. *nod nod*

Also, exams start next week here. Good luck to you.

Andre
2011-05-23, 05:12 PM
This thread is also useful to figure out who is flemish and who is wallonian. :smallwink:

Lord Herman
2011-05-24, 07:46 AM
I added a row to the spreadsheet that'll indicate the number of possible attendees. It's powered by the magic of formulae, so you don't have to update it manually.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-30, 01:59 PM
Alright, you guys have one week and then I'l determine the date by magical forumula thingy. :)

Form
2011-05-31, 07:02 AM
You can put me up as might be coming. I don't have any requests regarding the date, so don't worry about me.

Iferus
2011-06-01, 03:42 PM
.. Same as Form.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-06-04, 04:11 PM
OHMYGODGUYSIFOUNDAKUBBSETHEREINDORDRECHTODAY!!!

If only I could remember the site the guy told me he found it on.:smallsigh:

DraPrime
2011-06-04, 04:14 PM
OHMYGODGUYSIFOUNDAKUBBSETHEREINDORDRECHTODAY!!!

If only I could remember the site the guy told me he found it on.:smallsigh:

Eh? What know? You found a kubbset? What's that? :smallconfused:

JoseB
2011-06-04, 04:20 PM
Eh? What know? You found a kubbset? What's that? :smallconfused:

Wikipedia can be your friend :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubb

Dallas-Dakota
2011-06-08, 02:25 AM
Hereby I decree that it shall be on the weekend of the 14th of august at my place, Dordrecht. Speak now, or hold your silence! And mouths have been opened.

Lazy Genius
2011-06-08, 03:53 AM
Speaking now: Can I state the preference for the 14th specifically? Or the night from 14th to 15th, since it's sleepover?

MrEdwardNigma
2011-06-08, 03:57 AM
Well, as you know I won't be able to make it then, and I suppose that might go for Eadin as well. Shame.

Eadin
2011-06-08, 04:06 AM
What Edward said.
Sorry guys, maybe next time :smallfrown:

Borgh
2011-06-08, 04:20 AM
What Edward said.
Sorry guys, maybe next time :smallfrown:

Well, as you know I won't be able to make it then, and I suppose that might go for Eadin as well. Shame.

:smallfrown:

as for myself: I still have no idea how my schedule will play out. my attendance TBA

MrEdwardNigma
2011-06-08, 04:22 AM
No, the 14th is clearly listed as "Impossible" for me, and since Eadin can only get there if I give her a lift, her coming is conditional on my coming. Unless someone else could give her a ride, of course.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-06-08, 04:26 AM
Well looking at it now, thingydingy, it now says either first weekend of July or third weekend of August?

MrEdwardNigma
2011-06-08, 04:27 AM
According to me, it pretty much always said that.

Lazy Genius
2011-06-08, 04:28 AM
I can't promise anything, but if my parents lend me the use of the car on the 14th, I could maybe give her a ride (she lives in Belgium where exactly?), but my schedule the 14th will be really* tight if that's the case, so if you can find somebody else, don't feel obligated to accept my offer.

*I'm arriving back in the Netherlands at Schiphol at around 7am on the 14th, after having been halfway across the world for 6 weeks.

Lord Herman
2011-06-08, 04:28 AM
Aww, that's a shame. It'd have been fun to have you guys around.:smallfrown:

Edit: Gah, missed a page. That was directed at Edward and Eadin.

Still, the spreadsheet says the 14th or the 21st are still the best choices; both have the same number of possible and confirmed peoples. So the original plan (the 14th) is probably best.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-06-08, 04:29 AM
According to me, I'm blind, but hey, it used to say 5-9 possible attendees which was most...but I guess I'm just blind.:smallsigh:

Herman, you made it, use your spreadsheet magic!/I'mtooAtechnological

/ninja'd by Herman!

Lazy: She lives in Antwerpen, the drive is about 1(+1/2) a hour if I remember right, between there and Dordrecht.

JoseB
2011-06-08, 04:32 AM
On those dates, I'm in!

For activities, I can direct RPGs of all types, and can bring a bunch of games along.

I don't have to stay at night (I live next to Den Haag).

Hope to see you guys, gals and others!

Lord Herman
2011-06-08, 04:37 AM
I think we should wait with pinning a date until this flurry of spreadsheety activity stops.

Also, I made an extra line that checks if DD's place is available. Might be useful to know. :smalltongue:

Borgh
2011-06-08, 04:40 AM
yeah, I can't read. Anyway, I find it highly suspicious that this thread moves so fast at a point most of us are at work or school.

also: if transport is a problem for anyone from belgium, the international train goes from Antwerp to Dort once an hour.

Lazy Genius
2011-06-08, 04:47 AM
Antwerpen is very doable as far as distance is concerned, and on the 14th I still live near Rotterdam, so I don't think there's anything to worry about except me getting my driver's license in a couple weeks (hehe :smalltongue:), and my parents giving me the okay for it.

Just checked, from my house to Antwerpen is little over an hour, and from there to Dordrecht is little less than an hour, so about two hours total. (google maps says 2 hours 3 minutes)

As far as the 'being at work/school' is concerned, I have finished my final exams and have almost nothing to do (except this week performances at the Isala theater in Cappelle, today and tomorrow at 8:30! :smallwink:), so I have an excuse. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-06-08, 05:09 AM
Well if you can find another place and there's a huuuge amount in favor of doing the meet-up without me.:smalltongue:

But yeah usefull.

Also, I'm sick at home so.:smallfrown:

Eadin
2011-06-08, 06:20 AM
Thanks for offering me a ride , LG, but my exams start a week after the 14th so I can't come anyway.

Lazy Genius
2011-06-08, 06:06 PM
Exams in August, hm. :smallconfused: Good luck though, definitely. :smallwink:

Since we haven't actually decided on a date anyway, I propose we get to it (and vote for the dates I can come, obviously :smalltongue:)

DraPrime
2011-06-08, 10:03 PM
Well I would certainly be able to show up pretty much anywhere on the 14th, so I am fully in support of that proposed date. Wherever we are, I promise to bring the potential comedy that can be had with a person who doesn't speak a lick of Dutch.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-06-08, 10:34 PM
Most of us are actually pretty decent at english(No, really.:smalltongue:) and have spoken english before at meet-ups. We've spoken it before, we're going in circles! pretty flexible about speaking english at meet-ups, just as long as he's a fun fellow who will pay entrance since he's not a forum member.:smalltongue:

DraPrime
2011-06-08, 10:43 PM
Most of us are actually pretty decent at english(No, really.:smalltongue:) and have spoken english before at meet-ups. We've spoken it before, we're going in circles! pretty flexible about speaking english at meet-ups, just as long as he's a fun fellow who will pay entrance since he's not a forum member.:smalltongue:

Oh I imagine you all can speak English. You all seem to write it pretty well, so some level of speaking proficiency is to be expected. Still much fun can be had at the confusion of the English speaker, which I learned from speaking Polish with a friend around British people. Much amusement was had. :smallamused:

Lazy Genius
2011-06-09, 02:53 AM
I may know best what that's like, as I have lived in the US for several years, and when I first came there, I spoke almost no English, so I was like "wha? huh? Aah?!" most of the time, and I now speak English almost better than I speak Dutch. Ironically, Dutch with a slight American accent, 'American English' with a slight Dutch accent. :smallbiggrin:

Though even with that, much fun can be had, but I might feel obliged to be the live translator some of those times. :smallwink:

Borgh
2011-06-09, 03:46 AM
I used to speak english with a heavy australian accent due to online australian friends.

was rather funny in english class "well yeah your english is very good do you get an 8 but why on earth do you speak australian"

Dallas-Dakota
2011-06-13, 04:57 PM
Righty-oh, shame you can't make it but apparently we're big enough now or something silly that we can ignore that. Real shame.:smallfrown:

Anyway, date and location set! Will be changing the banner tomorrow! Be sure to update the link if you have it in your signature!

Borgh
2011-06-21, 11:05 AM
Won't be able to make it on 14th of august:smallfrown:
I'm avalialble 30th of july and then the 20th of august again.

Ah well, volgende keer beter.

InaVegt
2011-06-21, 11:10 AM
I should be able to do August 14th.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-06-27, 10:06 AM
Cool.:smallsmile:

Anyway, end-of-year stress and portfolio-review has entirely consumed my time so I haven't gotten yet around to updating everything. Will try to do tonight, I apologise for the delay.

DraPrime
2011-07-15, 02:59 PM
So...what time exactly is this on the 14th? Or do I just show up whenever I damn well like? :smalltongue:

JoseB
2011-07-23, 12:12 PM
OK, people... I will be attending (I understand that it is on August 14th, beginning at 1PM or thereabouts).

I will be driving from Den Haag (well, actually Voorburg, but anyway the place is basically a suburb of Den Haag).

I have place for one or two people in my car. If you want me to pick you up and drive you to and from Dallas-Dakota's place, let me know!

I will be carrying my gaming dice. Something tells me that I may end up directing some RPG session, oh yeah...

All the best!

JoseB

Dallas-Dakota
2011-07-25, 11:10 AM
Date:
Sunday, August the 14th.
Place:
My place,
Dordrecht, Zuid Holland, The Netherlands.

Travel info:
~ Trainstation: Dordrecht Stadspolders, I'l be picking people up at the trainstations at 13.12 and 13.42. From there on out it's a 10 minute walk orso to my house. I'l be guiding people back in groups.
~ Car: PM me for Adress, where to park, and driving instructions on how to get there if you don't have a tomtom or something.
Joseb will also be driving from his place in The Hague area to Dordrecht and is willing to pick up people on the way.

Food:
Provide your own lunch, though there will be some bread & basics available for those having to travel for long distances.

There will be snacks available all day long.

Dinner:
French fries or pancakes along with possibly some pizza.
Chipping in for the food would be appreciated.

Vegetarians: Lord Herman & Lazy Genius
Attendee list:
Attending:
Dallas-Dakota
Dragonprime
JoseB
Lazy Genius
Morph_Bark

Gezina
Lord Herman

Possibly
Lillith
Kwarkpudding
Pepz
Yardo

Nay

Borgh
Eadin
Edwardnigma
Iferus
Tiger Duck

Smoking:
Let me know if any of you smoke and I'l provide ashtrays for the garden.
There will be NO smoking inside.

Drinking: I have a arrangement of drinks and will be having a glass or two, occasionaly offering, feel free to join me.

Sleeping arrangements:
I have 2 single person matresses and 1 double matress in the guest room available.

1 spot taken by Dragonprime

Games:
Settlers of Catan + Knights expansion(DD)
Basic Munchkin(DD)
Risk(DD)
OOTS board game ( Herman)
A lotta dice ~ Host dice(We have plenty for everybody) + Joseb's + Hermans(?)
More games by Herman, since he said trasnportation was no issue.

Morph Bark
2011-07-25, 04:32 PM
Back from London just tonight, so well-timed!

Until what time will the meet-up be on Sunday? (As in, when does it end?) I'll probably only be able to come on Sunday as on that Saturday I have to work and I don't think I can change that now, not after I have already switched around free days the past few weeks.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-07-25, 07:33 PM
Mate, it's only on sunday. And it's till, as I said, till whenever we feel like. Somewhere into the evening/night most likely.

Morph Bark
2011-07-26, 06:45 AM
Ahh, read over that. I had presumed the Meet-Up had always been a full weekend. :smalltongue:

In that case, you can count me in.

Lazy Genius
2011-07-26, 07:19 AM
13:20 sounds like a time I can make it. If you guys need me to bring anything like games (I have the Lord of the Rings Boardgame with two extensions, as well as others of the sort), I can and will if so asked. I'm going to be coming by car from Vlaardingen (between Hoek van Holland and Rotterdam, nearer to Rotterdam), so if anyone needs a ride, even from a bit out of the way, I'll be up early anyway, and I have four open seats in the car, so I can drive people and save them some money if necessary.

I will note I'm in Indonesia at this time, so if you're interested in a ride or want me to bring a specific game (I happen to have quite a few), a PM is probably your best bet of getting to me. If you want a list of games I have, I can look into that, and PM is still your best bet.

Iferus
2011-07-27, 12:33 PM
I cannot attend, because I have to be in London that day.

Yardo
2011-07-30, 10:20 AM
As it looks now I should be able to be there, but still not sure, as it may change. Changes at work, could be I have to work on that Sunday.....

Morph Bark
2011-08-04, 11:42 AM
I just looked at the previous threads and had a major WTF moment: the first meet-up took place in my hometown.

EDIT: AND the second and third. o.O Heilige koeievlaaien...

Zweanslord
2011-08-08, 02:08 PM
Hello everybody, due to my plans having changed from before, I am available Sunday the 14th, meaning I will come too. :)

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-10, 10:02 AM
Sunday, August the 14th.
Place:
My place,
Dordrecht, Zuid Holland, The Netherlands.

Travel info:
~ Trainstation: Dordrecht Stadspolders, I'l be picking people up at the trainstations at 13.11 and 13.41. From there on out it's a 10 minute walk orso to my house. I'l be guiding people back in groups.
~ Car: PM me for Adress, where to park, and driving instructions on how to get there if you don't have a tomtom or something.
Joseb will also be driving from his place in The Hague area to Dordrecht and is willing to pick up people on the way.

Food:
Lunch will be still at the table when you arrive.
There will be snacks available all day long.

Dinner:
3 Pizzas(One four-cheeses pizza)
13-20 pancakes
+french fries

Vegetarians: Lazy Genius
Attendee list:
Attending:
Dallas-Dakota
Dragonprime
Edwardnigma
JoseB
Lazy Genius
Morph_Bark
Zweanslord

Gezina

Possibly
Kwarkpudding
Pepz

Nay

Borgh
Eadin
Iferus
Tiger Duck
Lord Herman
Lillith

Smoking:
Let me know if any of you smoke and I'l provide ashtrays for the garden.
There will be NO smoking inside.

Drinking: I have a arrangement of drinks and will be having a glass or two, occasionaly offering, feel free to join me.

Sleeping arrangements:
I have 2 single person matresses and 1 double matress in the guest room available.

1 spot taken by Dragonprime
Lazy Genius
Edward

I'l still be setting up the others just in case.

Games:
Settlers of Catan + Knights expansion(DD)
Basic Munchkin(DD)
Risk(DD)
A lotta dice ~ Host dice(We have plenty for everybody) + Joseb's +
Carcasonne wih two extensions and Machiavelli with one extension(Lazy Genius)
+other things

So....ARE YOU READY?

Zweanslord
2011-08-10, 11:24 AM
I'm fully supporting the french fries for dinner option!

MrEdwardNigma
2011-08-10, 05:22 PM
I'm a smoker and can bring Machiavelli or Munchkin with Unnatural Axe.

My dinner preference are "anything as long as it's a lot". I'd suggest about two pizzas and some pancakes. I might also have some fries. I'll chip in accordingly, I don't expect you to feed the wolf for free.

I'll probably need a place to rest my head.

Lillith
2011-08-11, 03:39 AM
Urgh, I hate to say this, again, but I have to cancel... again. :smallsigh: I finally got my own place and I'm in the middle of moving and cleaning and whatnot. You're all free to come and help me though installing the lights in my new place, move and assemble furniture and lay the carpet. :smalltongue:

Lazy Genius
2011-08-11, 06:16 AM
I'm in favor of anything and everything that has been suggested. I haven't had junkfood in so long I'll act as the human vaccum cleaner, if the wolf leaves anything uneaten, of course. :smallwink:

Other than that, I can chip in if so wanted for the food, and I own Carcasonne with the extensions "De Uitbreiding", "Kooplieden en Handelsmeesters" and "De Toren" if not more. (these might not be completely the right name, but you get the jist of it) I can bring these if so wanted. I also have the werewolf game people play on these boards, but then with cards, as well as an extension to that game, if there's enough people interested.

For sleeping: If I get a space onthe floor about two square meters, I am perfectly fine with my sleeping bag and pillow, so I'm no trouble there at all. :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2011-08-11, 08:20 AM
I'm afraid I'll have to cancel as well. I got an infection because a bug tried to eat my foot, and the penicillin the doctor gave me is making me feel miserable. :smallfrown:

I hope you guys have fun, though. I hope I'll be able to attend the next meetup.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-11, 08:45 AM
That's a real shame, Herman, I hope you feel better soon! :smallfrown: And I think you've still got my adress if you decide on sunday morning that you feel well and want to drop in a surprise visit?

More games are always welcome, Lazy Genius!
So two matresses more for LG and Ed.:smallsmile:

Lillith, good luck with moving! Though wouldn't the meet-up be a fun break from all that work?:smalltongue:

Lillith
2011-08-11, 10:44 AM
Lillith, good luck with moving! Though wouldn't the meet-up be a fun break from all that work?:smalltongue:

Prolly, but the sooner my place is done, the sooner I can move out of this place. XD My sanity is more important right now then an afternoon of fun. =P If anything the next meet up can be at my place! :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-11, 10:53 AM
We might take you up on that, depending on the location.:smallwink:

JoseB
2011-08-11, 12:41 PM
I should be attending (barring catastrophes). Re: food, I will be more than happy to chip in. We could use thuisbezorg.nl to order something slightly more elaborate than pizza, no? (just a suggestion -- pizza is ok with me, anyway!).

Looking forward to the show! ^.^

Incidentally, I would very gladly direct a game of "Paranoia". I have a module/story that I feel would be reeeeeeeal fun......... :smallamused:

What? Me? Evilly laughing? But of course not...! (mwehehehehehehehhhhhh....)

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-12, 05:01 AM
Alright, that's one pizza, 7-10 pancakes and french fries for dinner.:smallsmile:

I know you said two Ed, but I also know that you'l also nom pancakes and french fries.:smalltongue:

DraPrime
2011-08-12, 08:22 AM
I second the notion of pizza. In fact, I third it. Pizza is the most awesome food for big groups, so I will gladly chip in for that and any other food that we get. Speaking of feeding ourselves, I'm currently in Belgium. Would you all like me to bring some beer over? I know, it's technically not feeding, but we need something to go along with all that food.

MrEdwardNigma
2011-08-12, 08:20 PM
Are you actually heading from Belgium to the Netherlands sunday, Prime, cause in that case we could go together.

Lazy Genius
2011-08-12, 09:37 PM
If the one pizza, 7-10 pancakes and french fries is all that's for dinner, I hate to be the one to tell you all you'll be eating is french fries. I'm not asking you order more now, but once we're there and we're hungry we can always go for more with money we each chip in, I can and will eat a lot of junkfood. (I've been going on Indonesian food for too long; boiled rice and sambal for lunch and dinner) If I can I will make the suggestion of going for the four-cheese pizza, or if nothing else just a plain margarita, because I quite literally eat everything that isn't meat. (This is not me boasting, just summing up facts, it's the sad truth)

Also, just so we don't bring doubles, I will bring Carcasonne wih two extensions and Machiavelli with one extension, as well as my sense of humor and a sleeping bag. All I hope to recieve is a pillow and some pabulum for the herbivore. :smallbiggrin:

MrEdwardNigma
2011-08-13, 06:15 AM
In all fairness, history has shown that Double Dee does provide for ample snacking during the day and people usually don't get that hungry. However, I myself am not much of a chips and such fanatic, so ordering out might be necessary.

I'll also see your eater of anything but meat and raise an eater of anything including meat.

JoseB, I love your taste in roleplaying games (or should I say "Freind Computer"?).

Lazy Genius
2011-08-13, 07:19 AM
Since I'm still the new guy here, I'm going to go ahead and trust you on this one, but we'll see what happens, the day is long, and we have an adress they can deliver to. Let's not dwell on it further, because the food is only a small part of a great day, with hopefully a game or two, or four, or sixteen thousandfourhundredandseventyeight games and such.
I see your anything including meat with an ABSOLUTELY anything excluding meat.
Speaking of which, since this forum is on a website with a webcomic in the world of D&D, anybody think there's a possibility there could be such a thing as a game of D&D? You just say the word and I'll bring my book collection (read: a USB-drive) and my DM screen (laptop) and we can have at it.
I'd also like to bring up the subject of speed, which is what the 'vacuum cleaner' comes from originally.
Just to sum it all up, I think we have Paranoia, Carcasonne, Machiavelli, Munchkin, Risk, Catan. Extensions are not mentioned. This sounds like a pretty god collection to get through the day (and night) with to me. :smallamused:

Something completely irrelevant, but still funny; I am at Singapore airport rght at this second, and my flight to Amsterdam will leave in another two and a half hours or so, and arrive sunday morning, call it tight timing. :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2011-08-13, 07:57 AM
Are you actually heading from Belgium to the Netherlands sunday, Prime, cause in that case we could go together.

Indeed I am. I'm in Brussels right now, and will probably be taking the train from Gare du Midi. Are you anywhere nearby?

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-13, 08:11 AM
New food order:
3 pizzas(One four-cheese pizza, one tuna and one hawai)
13-20 pancakes
+ amount of french fries(+kroketten, etc.)
And if that's not enough, we've got our supplies of food, including hotdogs and what not.

And yes, I try to regularly put bowls/plates of snacks on the table.:smallsmile:

Also for you train people, if you could co-ordinate if you're going to arrive with the train of 13.11 or 13.41, so I don't have to do two runs, that would be great.

D&D: Yeah we could, we'd have to do a bit of character building? But I have a live-in DM my brother who might be there and if so, would probably be up for a game, who can play/DM.

Also Edward will be travelling from Antwerpen, somewhere, so that's on your way.:smallsmile:

Lazy Genius
2011-08-13, 08:44 AM
The new food order, along with the promise of snacks, and the prospect of games promises to be one good day/evening/night(/morning?). And once again, I repeat my willingness to chip in on the food order. Just to be on the safe side I'll bring my D&D supplies and we'll see where we get with that.

If we're doing character building, I'll be unavailable and basically unreachable for the next, say, fifteen hours as I make my way to Dutchland, so if I know quickly about a character, I'll have something to do in that time-frame. (no pressure) :smallwink:

Final (for now) list of stuff I'm bringing:
- Machiavelli with extension
- Carcasonne with extensions
- D&D Supplies; mostly 3.5, a few 4e books (including dice?)
- Sleeping bag (pillow?)
- Other Sleepover Supplies

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-13, 09:06 AM
If we're gonna do a D&D game, we'l either use pre-mades from somewhere on the internet or just do a rush-job core-only at the meet-up itself.

I know that from 9 till somewhere in the morning I'l be unailable myself so.:smalltongue:

You won't have to bring your own pillow, we've got that covered.
We have more then enough dice here, but more are always welcome.

DraPrime
2011-08-13, 09:14 AM
A possible D&D game? My goodness, I haven't played that game in years. This meetup is looking better and better.

On the subject of train times, I suggest that those of us arriving by train do so at 13:11. I don't know about the rest of you, but that would be most convenient for me.

MrEdwardNigma
2011-08-13, 10:01 AM
13:11 works for me. Thank god monday counts as a feastday, or my ticket back would have been 54 euro :smalleek:

D&D would be cool, although Paranoia seems preferable, not just for me personally, but just because it has quicker character creation and play.

Oh, and Tuna pizza tends to be wretched, but the two others kinds are wholly suitable.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-13, 11:27 AM
And that's 15 home-made pancakes for tomorrow.:smallsmile:
Also if you don't eat all 3 pizzas, that's cool, we'l eat them ourselves.:smalltongue:

DraPrime
2011-08-13, 11:32 AM
And that's 15 home-made pancakes for tomorrow.:smallsmile:
Also if you don't eat all 3 pizzas, that's cool, we'l eat them ourselves.:smalltongue:

Well I do need something for breakfast the next day. Cold pizza may just be the best thing there ever was to eat in the morning. :smallamused:

JoseB
2011-08-13, 11:45 AM
Will anybody need a lift from me? As you know, I am driving to Dallas-Dakota's place.

@EdwardNigma: Ain't Friend Computer the BEST of the BEST of the BEST? :smallwink:

Re: The possible game of Paranoia: I will be bringing along character sheets and whatnot, although I must warn you that my style, when directing a game, tends towards the fast-paced, with a lot of emphasis in narrative, and as little dice-rolling as possible. But, anyway, that is the style specifically recommended for Paranoia, so... :smalltongue:

@Dallas-Dakota: Could you PM me your cell phone #? I will PM you mine.

Morph Bark
2011-08-13, 02:49 PM
Will anybody need a lift from me? As you know, I am driving to Dallas-Dakota's place.

Depends on if you're coming anywhere near Schijndel.

I'm all geared up and ready anyway. :smalltongue: Well, that is, geared up as normal. Am I supposed to take anything in particular with me? Also PMing you Dallas for your address since I haven't got it and it would be mighty handy. :smallwink:

JoseB
2011-08-13, 04:11 PM
Depends on if you're coming anywhere near Schijndel.

I'm all geared up and ready anyway. :smalltongue: Well, that is, geared up as normal. Am I supposed to take anything in particular with me? Also PMing you Dallas for your address since I haven't got it and it would be mighty handy. :smallwink:

Oh, unfortunately not. I am going to go from the West. In fact, I will be going to Dallas-Dakota's place from Schiphol (I am leaving somebody there so they can catch their plane, and then I am going down).

To all practical effects, I would be going from there, via Den Haag, then Rotterdam, then Dordrecht.

If anybody is in that area, I can pick them up, but unfortunately Schijndel is way far away for me. Sorry!!

Lazy Genius
2011-08-14, 04:12 AM
So I live a sparing 10km West of Rotterdam, if you could spare the time, that would be awesome, I can give you the exact address in a PM, otherwise I will have an alternate method of going, so if you can't, no worries. Though I just realized it might be too late to mention it as it's basically in two hours...

Eadin
2011-08-14, 05:51 AM
Have fun, you guys!
Still sorry I have to miss it...
Next time, promise! :smallsmile:

Morph Bark
2011-08-14, 06:28 AM
Sorry that I won't be coming in all of a sudden guys. I should have remembered to ask for phone numbers and the address way beforehand rather than only yesterday eve. As is, if I had still come I would only be able to stay for five hours, which is shorter than the entire trip would take, as I'd have to leave early for various reasons.

Hope y'all have a great day though! Perhaps I might see some of you in the future anyways. I don't suppose any of you will be going to the Elf Fantasy Fair in September eh? :p

Lord Herman
2011-08-14, 09:39 AM
I hope you guys are having fun! Be sure to post some pictures or stories about how it went. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-14, 04:52 PM
WE've had a tonne of fun, pictures were taken, paranoia was played, a lot of other stuff (included pictures taken), and now it's time for some midnight D&D!

JoseB
2011-08-15, 05:02 AM
WE've had a tonne of fun, pictures were taken, paranoia was played, a lot of other stuff (included pictures taken), and now it's time for some midnight D&D!

I had a *humongous* amount of fun yesterday. Pity I couldn't stay for the midnight D&D... But it was great!

I would make a write-up of the Paranoia game we had, but I think it would be better if the players made it, as they were the ones "in the thick of it" :)

The experience was great; hope to have it again!

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-15, 06:32 AM
Best plan of the night:
''Let's set the Barbarian on fire.''

DraPrime
2011-08-15, 11:00 AM
I had a *humongous* amount of fun yesterday. Pity I couldn't stay for the midnight D&D... But it was great!

I would make a write-up of the Paranoia game we had, but I think it would be better if the players made it, as they were the ones "in the thick of it" :)

The experience was great; hope to have it again!

Midnight D&D? My man, this went on until something like 7 in the morning. None of us slept. Granted it was awesome.

Best plan of the night:
''Let's set the Barbarian on fire.''

Well...except that. Turns out that being on fire was the best way for me to fight a swarm. Figures.

Lazy Genius
2011-08-15, 11:15 AM
Midnight D&D in this case meant it started at Midnight. Or rather, the character creation started at midnight. 'How does a barbarian fight a swarm; light yourself on fire.' Plus, the next encounter took less than half the time and one third the man-power, while it was officially the same difficulty. Sniper, ftw! :smallbiggrin:

Keeping with the sleep, thing, I'm still running, and contemplating starting to count in days (one day would be a full 24 hours) rather than hours, for ease of reference...

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-15, 05:33 PM
Well I would've set him on fire if I didn't keep rolling so low..Swear my dice were against me.:smalltongue:

Also, mate, you should, really, really, go to bed. I'm not kidding. GO. TO. BED. It's not healthy (anymore)

MrEdwardNigma
2011-08-15, 05:42 PM
Midnight D&D in this case meant it started at Midnight. Or rather, the character creation started at midnight. 'How does a barbarian fight a swarm; light yourself on fire.' Plus, the next encounter took less than half the time and one third the man-power, while it was officially the same difficulty. Sniper, ftw! :smallbiggrin:

Wasn't it higher difficulty? :smallwink:

JoseB
2011-08-16, 02:09 AM
Well I would've set him on fire if I didn't keep rolling so low..Swear my dice were against me.:smalltongue:

Also, mate, you should, really, really, go to bed. I'm not kidding. GO. TO. BED. It's not healthy (anymore)

Well, on the other hand, if he times his going-to-bed time right, he could be able to reset his clock to Dutch time without having to go through all those pesky days of jetlag......

Lazy Genius
2011-08-16, 02:19 AM
Technically, the swarm was an EL2 encounter, and the two rats were (together) an EL3 encounter, so technically yes, but in the module it presented both encounters as EL2, so it was probably higher, but not that much. :smallwink:

Edit:
Well, on the other hand, if he times his going-to-bed time right, he could be able to reset his clock to Dutch time without having to go through all those pesky days of jetlag......

This: Sleep at 11:30pm last night, woke up around 7:00am, and feel fine. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-16, 08:16 PM
Picture time, didn't take that many though, because y'know, time, didn't have that much on top of hosting and also joining in on everything.:smallsmile:

Our Paranoia Game master, JoseB, great narration!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4493.jpg

Lazy Genius! (''Sleep is for the weak.'' ~At his 57th hour of staying awake)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4488.jpg

Our first intercontinental attendee, Dragonprime!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4487.jpg

Some faces you have seen before, Zweanslord,

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4485.jpg

MrEdwardNigma,

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4479.jpg

Group shot, while playing Paranoia. Ed was off to somewhere.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4480.jpg

Oh there he is!(Please ignore that this picture was taken hours and hours later.:smalltongue:)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4500.jpg

And then...Some D&D time!(Not featured, us actually playing D&D)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4498.jpg

Oh wait, dawn has arrived, let's take a (smoke) break.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Dutch%20Meetup%20The%20Sixth/DSCF4504.jpg

And that's it :smallsmile:

YPU
2011-08-17, 01:39 PM
And I once again managed to miss the meet up. (well, to be honest I have managed to miss the entire forum for quite a while.) DD did actually give me a call the day beforehand, managing to catch me of guard in the middle of a DnD session. (sorry if I was a bit short on words, players were being players)
Anyhow he now has my email as well besides my phone number, might actually reach me on time next time. (or who knows, perhaps I stick around the forum again. :smallbiggrin:)

Morph Bark
2011-08-17, 04:13 PM
Sounds like a grand ol' time, y'all. Nice pictures too. :smallsmile:

(or who knows, perhaps I stick around the forum again. :smallbiggrin:)

In that case I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you perhaps returning to your position of host so that I can attend the meet-up by just cycling the three miles necessary. :smalltongue:

YPU
2011-08-17, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a grand ol' time, y'all. Nice pictures too. :smallsmile:

In that case I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you perhaps returning to your position of host so that I can attend the meet-up by just cycling the three miles necessary. :smalltongue:

quite possible in fact, tough I technically now live in Lopik, where do you live then anyhow?

Morph Bark
2011-08-17, 04:35 PM
quite possible in fact, tough I technically now live in Lopik, where do you live then anyhow?

Currently still with my parents in Schijndel, but in a month I'll prolly be found in Tilburg. The room I had available no longer is, so I have to find something else though. Considering the meet-up always happens over the summer holiday though, I'll prolly be back in Schijndel during that time (just like during weekends anyway).

YPU
2011-08-17, 04:41 PM
Well what do you know, so there are actual other DnD players in the little mud-hole we call home? Heck we probably went to the same high school.

Morph Bark
2011-08-17, 05:10 PM
:smalltongue:

If you went to Gymnasium Beekvliet, then yes. My brothers and sister went to the Elde College though.

Had it not been for the fact you seem to live far out of the central town I would also have most likely delivered mail to your doorstep at least once though.

Have to admit that out of my DnD group only one of them also comes from Schijndel, one from Gestel and four from Vught.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-17, 05:12 PM
Not always in the summer, once it was in Winter, the one at Herman's place!

Morph Bark
2011-08-18, 04:30 AM
Ahh, so that's why there have been six meet-ups since 2008(?). I thought they had all been yearly and figured time travel was involved.

I guess I can stop looking for your DeLorean now, DD.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-08-18, 05:36 AM
Good >.> Also the first meet-up was before 2008.