PDA

View Full Version : combining improved familiar and leadership

big teej
2011-05-15, 05:58 PM
so, I can't help but notice that you can pick up a psuedodragon as a cohort as per the leadership feat

you can also pick up a psuedo dragon as an improved familiar.

query:

could I pick up a cohort AND a familiar psuedo dragon? and have two reptillian semi-dragonic pet/buddies?

I really like the mental image, but I am curious how cheesy/possible such a thing would be.

Coidzor
2011-05-15, 10:15 PM
could I pick up a cohort AND a familiar psuedo dragon? and have two reptillian semi-dragonic pet/buddies?

Then yes. There's no real reason no there. I believe familiars give a penalty to one's leadership score though.

Not like you were wanting to have a familiar that was also your cohort, which isn't as cut and dry.

big teej
2011-05-15, 11:01 PM
Then yes. There's no real reason no there. I believe familiars give a penalty to one's leadership score though.

Not like you were wanting to have a familiar that was also your cohort, which isn't as cut and dry.

I'm pretty sure I can swing it past my DM, all I'm after is having to reptillian buddies after all. :smallbiggrin:

bluthunda
2013-01-23, 07:28 PM
what book is improved familiar from

mistformsquirrl
2013-01-23, 07:32 PM
Complete Warrior I think.

bluthunda
2013-01-23, 07:36 PM
thank you no wonder i couldn't find it haha

Urpriest
2013-01-23, 07:39 PM
thank you no wonder i couldn't find it haha

It's also in the DMG, in the section on Familiars. The Complete Warrior one gives more combat-focused options.

Chilingsworth
2013-01-23, 07:52 PM
I think even more (stealth focused) familiars are offered in either complete adventurer or complete scoundrel.