PDA

View Full Version : Field Medic [PEACH]

Dryad
2011-05-15, 06:25 PM
Hey, everyone!
I really wanted to make a dedicated healer class for 3.5/Pathfinder/other compatible system/game, because so far, I haven't seen that many of them. The 'standard' cleric packs quite the punch, and I often get the feel that everything is about damage..
So here is my try at making a class where everything is about healing!
I'm not quite sure about the balance; I was aiming for reasonably powerful; maybe a tier 3 class.

Anyway; here goes:

Field Medic:
A field medic makes a poor warrior on any battlefield. However, her prowess with healing makes her an invaluable addition to any group. Unlike other classes with the ability to heal, Field Medics are focussed purely on healing and protecting others.

Field Medic adventurers are usually mercenaries; paid to do a job, and do it well. Their forte is to keep the group going, to motivate people, and to keep a level head in hard times. Their own reasons for doing what they do, and choosing the job of medic over other combat positions, are their own. They do not gain their power from deities, but from their own insights in the world.

As such, Field Medics can be of any alignment, but after a long time on the job, many show signs of dark humour, cynicism, and more than a few have developed a taste for alcohol.

Races: Field Medics can be of any race. Most usually, though, they are humans. Their sturdy physique combined with their adaptability makes them great Field Medics. Dwarves are also drawn to the job.

Religion: Field Medics may follow a deity devoutly or even ignore religion altogether; to some, deities are the basis of their power, while to others, deities are something they want to be as far away from as possible.
As such, there is no set religion for Field Medics, even though they are unlikely to follow deities of destruction or secret learning. If a Field Medic is at all religious, she’s most likely to be attracted to deities with domains such as Healing, Nature, War and Death.

Class skills:
Acrobatics, Diplomacy, heal, knowledge: Nature, survival, climb, jump, swim, ride, craft, spot, listen, profession
Skill points: 4+int (x4 at first level)

Weapon and armour proficiencies: Light armour, medium armour, heavy armour, small shields, large shields, tower shield and simple weapons.
HD: d10

Spellcasting: Field Medics gain a large number of Divine spells each day, and their casting ability depends on their wisdom score. In order to cast a spell, the Field Medic must have a Wisdom score equal to 10+spell’s level.
Field Medics must prepare their spells each day after a full night’s rest.

Field Medic
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th| 9th

1st|
+o|
+2|
+0|
+2|Bounding Helper I|4|4

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Healing Affinity I|5|5|0

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+3|Bounding Helper II|5|6|1|-

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Field Hospital|5|6|2|0|-

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Bounding Helper III|5|6|3|1|-|-

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Healing Affinity II|5|6|4|2|0|-|-

7th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Bounding Helper IV|5|6|5|3|1|-|-|-

8th|
+4|
+6|
+2|
+6|Swift Heal|5|6|6|4|2|0|-|-|-|-

9th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Bounding Helper V|5|6|6|5|3|1|-|-|-|-

10th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Healing Wings|5|6|6|6|4|2|0|-|-|-

11th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Funnel Energy (1/day)|5|6|6|6|5|3|1|-|-|-

12th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+4|
+8|Healing Affinity III|5|6|6|6|6|4|2|0|-|-

13th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+4|
+8|Funnel Energy (2/day)|5|6|6|6|6|5|3|1|-|-

14th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+4|
+9|Fast Triage I|5|6|6|6|6|6|4|2|0|-

15th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+5|
+9|Funnel Energy (3/day)|5|6|6|6|6|6|5|3|1|-

16th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+5|
+10|Fast Triage II|5|6|6|6|6|6|6|4|2|0

17th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+5|
+10|Funnel Energy (4/day)|5|6|6|6|6|6|6|5|3|1

18th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|Cure Anything|5|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|4|2

19th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|Funnel Energy (5/day)|5|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|5|3

20th|
+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|Expert Healer|5|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|6|4[/table]

Lvl 1: Bounding Helper I. At first level, a Field Medic learns that speed is key. In order to reach her triage target quickly, she has learnt to ignore armour check penalties and speed penalties imposed by armour when she has a cure or inflict spell ready to heal an allied target. These penalties can only be ignored when she’s moving to the target of her spell.
Furthermore, Field Medics may always ignore the weight of their equipped armour and shield for the purposes of encumbrance.
Lvl 2: Healing Affinity I. At second level and from then onward, a Field Medic may spontaneously cast Cure or Inflict spells. In order to do so, she must sacrifice a prepared spell, and the Cure or Inflict spell always equals the spell level of the spell sacrificed. The Cure and Inflict spells gained through this method cannot be used offensively.
In addition, the target of this spell gains damage reduction equal to (1 per spell level)/- until the end of their next turn. (Courtesy: Veklim)
Lvl 3: Bounding Helper II. When moving towards the target of a Cure or Inflict spell, the Field Medic gains the benefits of the Mobility feat.
Lvl 4: Field Hospital. With a dc 15 survival check, a Field Medic can arrange a Field Hospital. In a Field Hospital, the Field Medic can give constant care to a number of patients equal to her Wisdom modifier simultaneously. Building a Field Hospital takes one hour.
Lvl 5: Bounding Helper III. When moving towards the target of a Cure or Inflict spell, the Field Medic gains an additional 10 feet of movement during that turn.
Lvl 6: Healing Affinity II. When restoring hit points through the use of a spontaneously cast Cure or Inflict spell, the Field Medic may increase the dice rolled from d8’s to d10’s.
In addition, the target of your spontaneously cast Cure or Inflict spells gain an insight bonus to their attack rolls equal the spell's level, or increase the save dc of their spells by half the spell's level, rounded down. Both of these effects last until the end of the target's next turn. (Courtesy: Veklim)
Lvl 7: Bounding Helper IV. The Field Medic gains all of the Bounding Helper benefits continuously, without the prerequisites of moving towards a Cure or Inflict target.
Lvl 8: Swift Heal. A Field Medic can restore a number of hit points equal to half her class level to a friendly target as a free action. This ability can be used a number of times equal to her constitution modifier (if the Field Medic does not have a constitution score, use her Charisma modifier, instead) with a minimum of 1. In order to Swift Heal a target, the target must be within touch range.
Lvl 9: Bounding Helper V. When an ally is dropped prone or reduced to zero hit points or less within charge range of the Field Medic, the Field Medic may immediately make a bull rush attack against an enemy adjacent to the ally who triggered this ability. The Field Medic is treated as having a full Base Attack Bonus for this bull rush attempt, and gains a bonus to the Bull Rush equal to her Shield Armour bonus plus the shield’s enhancement bonus, if any. If the Bull Rush attempt is successful, the Field Medic may immediately cast a Cure or Inflict spell on the triggering ally without provoking an attack of opportunity, though this spell uses up a spell slot four levels higher than its actual level
Lvl 10: Healing Wings. A Field Medic may summon a familiar. For the purposes of this familiar, treat the Field Medic’s level as if she were a Wizard or Sorcerer. A Field Medic may choose any familiar she meets the prerequisites for, but the familiar she chooses must have a fly speed.
Lvl 11: Funnel Energy. A Field Medic can sacrifice a spell slot in order to restore the spell slot of another caster character. The other caster character must be within touch range, and the Field Medic must know which spell she wants to restore. The Field Medic must succeed in a spellcraft check (dc 20+spell level) in order to understand all the spellcasting ability of the chosen ally. She can then choose which used spell slot to reactivate with which spell, draining herself from a spell slot of the appropriate level or higher. A field Medic can only use this ability once per day at lvl eleven, twice per day at lvl 13, thrice per day at lvl 15, four times per day at lvl 17 and five times per day at lvl 19.
The Field Medic may take twenty on the spellcraft check when not in stressful circumstances.
Funnel Energy is a standard action that doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity.
Lvl 12: Healing Affinity III. A number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier, a Field Medic may ignore the Spell Level Increase imposed by metamagic feats on any spell that restores hit points to an ally. If the Field Medic uses multiple metamagic effects on the same spell, each individual feat’s effects use up one use of this ability.
In addition, the target of your spontaneously cast spells gain a bonus to their damage rolls equal to the Field Medic's Wisdom modifier until the end of their next turn. (Courtesy: Veklim)
Lvl 14: Fast Triage I. At fourteenth level and from then onward, a Field Medic treats every enemy with reach attacks as having a reach of 5 foot for the purposes of threatening squares and provoking attacks of opportunity.
Lvl 16: Fast Triage II. The Field Medic gains an additional +10 foot movement speed.
Lvl 18: Cure Anything. The Field Medic may instantly make a Heal check each time she uses a Cure or Inflict spell in order to restore hit points on a target. This heal check can instantly end the effects of a poison, ravage, curse or disease (Field Medic’s choice) on the target. The difficulty of the heal check is as normal: The Poison or Disease’s save DC, but unlike a normal heal check to end these effects, the effects of Cure Anything are instantaneous.
Cure Anything does not restore any of the damage dealt by the disease or poison; it merely ends their effects.
Lvl 20: Expert Healer. Whenever a Field Medic uses a spell or ability to restore hit points to a target, that spell always heals for the maximum amount possible.

Field Medic Spell List:
0: Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Daze, Detect Poison, Inflict Minor Wounds Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic, Resistence, Stabilize, Virtue
1: Bane, Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Doom, Endure Elements, Enlarge Person, Entropic Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Inflict Light Wounds Mage Armour, Remove Fear, Sanctuary Shield, Summon Monster I, Unseen Servant
2: Aid, Barkskin, Bear’s Endurance, Blur, Bull’s Strength, Calm Emotions, Cat’s Grace, Cure Moderate Wounds, Delay Poison, Eagle’s Splendour, Fox’s Cunning, Gentle Repose, Haste, Hold Person, Inflict Moderate Wounds, Make Whole, Owl’s Wisdom, Protection from Arrows, Remove Paralysis, Resist Energy, Restoration (lesser), Shield Other, Slow, Status, Summon Monster II
3: Animate Undead, Bestow Curse, Blindness/Deafness, Contagion, Cure Serious Wounds, Displacement, Enlarge Person (mass), Inflict Serious Wounds, Magic Vestment, Protection from Energy, Rage, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Remove Curse, Remove Disease, Stoneskin, Summon Monster III
4: Cure Critical Wounds, Confusion, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, Globe of Invulnerability (Lesser), Imbue with Spell Ability, Inflict Critical Wounds, Neutralize Poison, Poison, Reincarnate, Restoration, Spell Immunity, Summon Monster IV
5: Atonement, Break Enchantment, Breath of Life, Command (Greater), Cure Light Wounds (Mass), Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Inflict Light Wounds (Mass), Permanency, Raise Dead, Spell Resistance, Summon Monster V, Telepathic Bond, Wind Walk
6: Anti-magic Field, Bear’s Endurance (Mass), Bull’s Strength (Mass),Cat’s Grace (Mass), Create Undead, Cure Moderate Wounds (Mass), Eagle’s Splendour (Mass), Fox’s Cunning (Mass), Globe of Invulnerability, Harm, Heal, Heroes’ Feast, Inflict Moderate Wounds (Mass), Move Earth, Owl’s Wisdom (Mass),Stone to Flesh, Summon Monster VI, Symbol of Fear, Symbol of Persuasion, Transformation, Veil, Word of Recall
7: Cure Serious Wounds (Mass), Eyebite, Fly (Mass), Hold Person (Mass), Inflict Serious Wounds (Mass), Insanity, Power Word: Blind, Protection from Spells, Refuge, Regenerate, Restoration (Greater), Resurrection, Spell turning, Summon Monster VII, Symbol of Stunning, Symbol of Weakness, Waves of Exhaustion
8: Clone, Create Greater Undead, Cure Critical Wounds (Mass), Inflict Critical Wounds (Mass), Iron Body, Spell Immunity (Greater), Summon Monster VIII, Symbol of Insanity, Temporal Stasis
9: Energy Drain, Gate, Harm (Mass), Heal (Mass), Summon Monster IX, Time Stop, True Resurrection

Thugorp
2011-05-15, 11:52 PM
Ummmm.... I could swear this was already a class... in fact... I have a working link to it in another thread exept that one has no spell casting...

everything else seems to be about the same though. Maybe you should credit the original creator.

Dryad
2011-05-16, 05:52 AM
I didn't know someone already made a class similar to this one; I just made this one.
Honestly; I made this yesterday. I didn't steal it or anything. Since I didn't steal it, as far as this topic is concerned, I feel that I AM the original creator. :P
Edit: Found the other Field Medic.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187927&highlight=Field+Medic
they are quite different in mechanics, wouldn't you say? The only thing similar is the name, and 'field medic' is quite a common term, much like 'hospic,' 'ambulance,' 'warrior' and 'weapon.'
I just want to know what people think can/should be altered about this class...

Dryad
2011-05-17, 06:39 AM
*shameless bump*

Hyudra
2011-05-17, 10:01 AM
Can't help but feel that it's a bit disappointing that it's not more based around the heal skill as opposed to being very similar to the Healer.

It has the same issues as the Healer, as well. Healing in combat isn't that great, since it's generally better to kill the enemy sooner than to keep allies going longer (since the former fulfills the latter - a dead enemy deals no harm). You've got a very, very narrow focus, which isn't helped by the plethora of touch range effects. What happens if you can't move, period? Or if the enemy casts Life Ward? You're suddenly very much shut down, with only buffs and the like to draw from - less than ideal use of your resources mid combat.

Besides that, the design needs a bit more flow. As is, you get your class features in clusters: 9 levels predominated by Bounding Helper, then a spree where every other class feature is an extension of Funnel Energy. What happens to Funnel Energy if you don't have another caster in your group? How useful is this class overall if you're separated from your group? The lack of even 3/4 BAB hurts and doesn't give the sense of a character that's used to fending for herself on the battlefield, and feels very out of place with the d10 HD.

Any power of note the class wields isn't really because of the class concept/class features so much as it is by virtue of its access to spells like summon monster and confusion... which aren't exactly fitting with the 'field medic' theme.

Veklim
2011-05-17, 10:27 AM
Can't help but feel that it's a bit disappointing that it's not more based around the heal skill as opposed to being very similar to the Healer.

Can't help but agree.

What happens to Funnel Energy if you don't have another caster in your group?

Perhaps allow it to replenish any spell-like, supernatural or other abilities with x/day uses also?

How useful is this class overall if you're separated from your group? The lack of even 3/4 BAB hurts and doesn't give the sense of a character that's used to fending for herself on the battlefield, and feels very out of place with the d10 HD.

Again, very much agree, except remember this class can run about in mountain plate with no ACP or speed reduction, that's pretty good as a step towards survivability in my eyes. Perhaps a limited array of offensive spells, perhaps a necromancy or two per level (necromancy is basically healing after all, just backwards) would help redress the balance?

Dryad
2011-05-18, 04:30 AM
First of all: Thanks for the replies!

Well... In hindsight, I'm rather glad I didn't. The Field Medic made by someone else does rely on the heal skill, and I wouldn't like to even accidentally steal their idea. But I can see your point; flavour-wise, basing it on the heal skill rather than spells is indeed more... Rewarding.

It has the same issues as the Healer, as well. Healing in combat isn't that great, since it's generally better to kill the enemy sooner than to keep allies going longer (since the former fulfills the latter - a dead enemy deals no harm).
Probably very true; it generally ís better to simply kill an enemy. But not all enemies are so easily killed, and having a dedicated (powerful) healer can mean a group can take on beefier enemies than they could without. When the damage still isn't good enough to drop an enemy right-out, when time is what you need, a strong healer can bring the victory.

You've got a very, very narrow focus, which isn't helped by the plethora of touch range effects. What happens if you can't move, period? Or if the enemy casts Life Ward? You're suddenly very much shut down, with only buffs and the like to draw from - less than ideal use of your resources mid combat.
True again. This is why I included Summon Monster, Create Undead and even a familiar. The familiar (which needs to be a flying one) can deliver touch attacks (to heal with), and a summoning means you're never going to run out of allies; you'll always have an ally at the ready.

Besides that, the design needs a bit more flow. As is, you get your class features in clusters: 9 levels predominated by Bounding Helper, then a spree where every other class feature is an extension of Funnel Energy.
I was hesitant to give a cluster of Funnel Energy all in one go, or make it scale with character stats, because I was afraid it may be a tad too powerful.
What happens to Funnel Energy if you don't have another caster in your group? Granted; nothing.
How useful is this class overall if you're separated from your group?
The point was that it wouldn't be very useful on its own, even though the summoning things can help.
The lack of even 3/4 BAB hurts and doesn't give the sense of a character that's used to fending for herself on the battlefield, and feels very out of place with the d10 HD.
The half BaB with the high HD and heavy armour was done specifically to represent the Field Medic's resilience, but also represent her poor combat quality. She's not a warrior of any kind; fighting is not what she does. But she needs to be resilient on the battlefield none the less.

Any power of note the class wields isn't really because of the class concept/class features so much as it is by virtue of its access to spells like summon monster and confusion... which aren't exactly fitting with the 'field medic' theme.[/QUOTE]
The summon monster and create undead spells are there for obvious reasons: To 'create' allies when you need them. I'll agree on confusion and hold spells and such; they are meant to reduce incoming damage by affecting the enemy.

Perhaps allow it to replenish any spell-like, supernatural or other abilities with x/day uses also?
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll have to ponder on the balance of this, though, because x/day abilities are generally quite powerful, and spell-like/supernatural abilities rarely have a spell level listed.

perhaps a necromancy or two per level (necromancy is basically healing after all, just backwards) would help redress the balance?
For this reason, I have already granted some (level drains and such), but was maybe a bit too careful.

Thanks again for the replies! I'll leave the BaB at 1/2, though, but further suggestions would be much appreciated. I probably won't buff it enough to make it possible to create a semi-competent offensive caster, even so.. That would be weird. :P

Anyway; as it stands now, the aim was for a tier 3 power level. What would you peeps put it on; did I hit the mark reasonably well, or miss it entirely?

Veklim
2011-05-18, 05:45 AM
Anyway; as it stands now, the aim was for a tier 3 power level. What would you peeps put it on; did I hit the mark reasonably well, or miss it entirely?

I'd argue you're still looking at tier 4 here, it's not got the range of adaptability required to fill the mid-tier slot....yet.

Hyudra
2011-05-18, 07:26 AM
I'd argue you're still looking at tier 4 here, it's not got the range of adaptability required to fill the mid-tier slot....yet.

I was pegging it as Tier 4 in my last post, but stopped myself because it felt really, really strange to mark a class with 9th level spells as such. It was my gut instinct, though.

Veklim
2011-05-18, 10:07 AM
Indeed, weird but true! I think the main thing which stops it hitting T3 is the narrow field of spells and an almost complete lack of combat capability. Combat survivability is superb with this class, honestly it has a very good defence, but if it lacks any kick and can't make up for it with spell versatility then it's never gonna get there.

I do, however, have a suggestion which could help this poor ailing medic on it's way to becoming a damned sight more efficient and useful with only minor changes...
Add to healing affinity I:
In addition, the subject of the cure/inflict spell gains DR 1/- per spell level until the end of their next turn (e.g. a cure moderate would grant your 'patient' DR 2/-)
Add to healing affinity II:
The subject gains an insight bonus to attack rolls on their next turn equal to the level of the spell used.
Add to healing affinity III:
The subject gains a bonus to damage rolls in the next round equal to your wisdom modifier.

Instead of the familiar at level 10 (either give them a familiar from the start or not at all, it seems tacked on at present) give another ability akin to the following:
Something for the pain
Once per round, as a free action, you may sacrifice a spell slot for the day to extend the range of any touch spell you cast on that turn at a rate of 5ft/spell level sacrificed (e.g. a level 5 spell would give it a range of 25ft, an orison would not give any bonus at all.). Additionally, if the spell you extend the reach of would deal damage to an opponent or heal an ally, it gains a bonus to that damage or healing equal to the sacrificed spell's level + your wisdom modifier.

One small query also...why have cure/inflict minor been omitted from the spell list? They may appear to be superfluous and/or useless spells, but this is meant to be a field medic and yet he doesn't have access to the most basic of all the curative spells...

Dryad
2011-05-18, 05:25 PM
Thankies! I liked your additions to the Healing Affinity. Personally, I'm a bit worried about 'Something for the Pain,' because, when combined with Healing Affinity III, it would grant a tón of bonus damage.

I.. Kind of left the familiar thing in. I don't see why a familiar, which is a pretty big thing, should be level 1 or not at all. I understand it may feel that way because familiars stack with character level, and you're basically getting a pretty strong familiar in a single go, but.. Well; I kind of like it, and it suits the need for ranged touches quite well, I feel.

The suggestions I've taken on make this Field Medic a much stronger support class, and they don't seem to be too powerful, so I'm happy with that. Thanks! :)

Veklim
2011-05-19, 04:28 AM
Glad to be of service!

Paulcynic
2011-09-24, 03:48 AM
Dryad,

I appreciate your help with my Necromancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215745) :) and so here is some feedback in kind. I think that from now on, I'll add WRIK (Will Respond in Kind) to the title of my posts, as a promise that if you review my work, I'll gladly take the time to review some of yours :)

I do like the idea of a dedicated support class, especially one that allows the group to take on dramatically challenging encounters. I think your previous critics may have missed your original intent, in that with a pure healing class, you can break the CR mold. Its good stuff.

I have play tested this character in an Arena with a few of my buds. We made level 10 characters, my team was a Barbarian and I played a Field Medic versus a Fighter/Cleric team. We won 2/3 games :D

I like the format you've given the Field Medic: a desperately charging healer, hand glowing and ready to save the next man down. I will try and be concise, taking each ability on its own and discussing the awesome and the meh in a conversational way. I apologize if I miss the point or intent of an ability, and I hope that my comments are helpful.

BOUNDING HELPER
Bounding Helper is an excellent ability, with the final benefit being quite awesome. I love the image of this character knocking the Ogre back 5', while giving his companion a second wind. In play, its a fun, dramatic moment and gives the Field Medic a very tactical, twitchy feel to his play style. I feel that Bounding Helper IV takes away from the situational feel of the class, and should be removed. All in all, wonderful ability that makes it distinctively different than the Cleric. I'd like to see more of this sort of twitch mechanic.

HEALING AFFINITY
Healing Affinity brings him closer to being a Cleric, and its not a bad choice, however, I do no like the Attack Bonus granted to your target with Healing Affinity II. Its not thematically consistent, I'd suggest some sort of abjuration effect, such as Sanctuary or Protection from Evil, et al. with a short duration (equal to Wisdom or Charisma modifier? Till target's next turn?). I like the D10 boost to heals, though it should continue to scale in some way till the very top level. I'd suggest adding his Charisma mod to heals, etc.

I do not like HA III, as it imposes a stat-tax on an already thinly spread stat list. This class' primary stats (imo) are Wis > Cha > Str. To require Con and Int mods to work fundamental abilities makes him a hot mess. I'd say keep Wis for spell casting, Charisma mod for boosting special abilities and direct heals, and Str to compliment the CMB/CMD requirements of the class. I'm sure that there will be times he will need to stand between foe and fallen in full defense, and Str can come in handy here. And back to the ability, again I do not like the bonus damage granted as a secondary effect, its just not thematically appropriate. :) Sorry to harp on this one, but it also comes a bit late for what it offers. This feels like something that is best introduced near 7-8th level, when aoe damage becomes quite heavy. What I suggest, is that you turn this into the equivalent of the Healing Domain's level 6 ability (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/cleric.html#healing-domain), otherwise I'm sorry to say that in pure healing the Field Medic falls well behind.

This is definitely one of the Field Medic's bread and butter abilities, and is what makes him a go-to healer, it needs a little more love and thought though.

FIELD HOSPITAL
I'm not sure what it does, as there's no equivalent in Pathfinder :)

SWIFT HEAL
Awesome, awesome, awesome concept. This one is also a signature ability, unique to this class. I love the idea of a gentle touch helping your comrade straighten his back a little. It's also nice as it expands the number of targets that you can heal each round without the mess that Channel Energy might cause (without the Selective Channeling (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html#selective-channeling) feat). It came in handy during play, as it added a bit more to my heals. Though I feel that this should be beefed up a little. This should be a level one ability that scales in some way, such as full level plus Charisma bonus in healing, etc. As well, it should be a Swift Action to prevent abuse, with limited uses/day.

HEALING WINGS
Another wonderful ability :) though the familiar should be granted at an earlier level (3 or 4ish).

FUNNEL ENERGY
This is a great late-game ability, and I think 11th level is perfect for its introduction. However, its a bit too cheap for what it does. It should cost two of the Field Medic's equivalent spell slots to restore one of the target's expended slots. Otherwise, you turn your Cleric and his Wizard buddy into something worse than imba.

FAST TRIAGE
This seems like a synergistic ability to Bounding Heal. Both are rather meh for their level of introduction. I'd say rewrite them completely, or drop FT II, and grant FT I at a much lower level (6-8). It complements the free Mobility Feat, and is thematically appropriate, but again is underwhelming as a level 14 ability.

LEVELS 13-17 need a complete rework. Its a whole new type of game at these levels, and so the abilities need to address these changes, such as the fact that players face more save-or-die/instant death spells/effects, monsters who are virtually immune to physical damage, ignore armor, are several sizes larger, etc. Perhaps introduce a list of thematic choices which specialize in preventing/curing a type of non-physical damage, restoration, resurrection, ect. Go wild here :P It'd be nice to have more choice in steering the class, and this is a good level range to open up those choices.

CURE ANYTHING
Another great ability, but again arrives too late in the game, as one can cast Remove Poison/Disease before level 5 with the other classes. Its the equivalent of a 3rd or 4th level spell (more 3rd than 4th), and should be introduced earlier.

EXPERT HEALER
A wonderful capstone :) witch puts the Field Medic in a league of his own when it comes to healing physical damage. Again, at the last levels, physical damage is the least effective means of destroying an enemy, and the class runs the risk of becoming irrelevant. I'd drop this ability down to 15th-ish, and then spend some time looking at the encounters for levels 15+. Develop some abilities that specifically deal with the non-physical modes of attack that they're sure to face :)

SPELL CASTING
Great Spell List for sure, I like that its slim and specific. Honestly though, in play test, I can only do one thing, and like the pathfinder Witch, casting a spell over using a granted power never seemed my best option. After Bounding Helper V, the class loses its situational/twitchy feel that makes it so distinct. I like the idea of its spells being secondary effects of its granted powers, which (as a mechanical concept) is balanced by requiring a specific circumstance, i.e. Prone or Below Zero health, etc.

OVER ALL IMPRESSION
Its fun :) I give it 3 and 1/2 stars out of 5. It is definitely a T3 class, but only because of the spells it is granted (T4 otherwise). Its an underwhelming class at levels 1 and 2, comes into its own flavor and stride from levels 3 to 8, then starts to become irrelevant. Its granted/daily powers should be its greatest asset, otherwise it looks like a lesser Cleric, and so you have a great start toward a mechanically unique class. Please please please, drop the extra Attack/Damage effects as, again, its turning him into a weaker version of the cleric. Grant them something that can get them back on their feet or give them a much needed breather in stead.

Would I play this class as currently written in a campaign? In an E8 campaign, you betcha :)

--PaulCynic

**Edited Grammar and Spelling