PDA

View Full Version : Uses for Fusion? (psionic)

PrGo
2011-05-15, 06:33 PM
Howdy!

I always thought fusion power was awesome, but I can't get an impression of how it should be used.

Can you give me some ideas and stories on how you used it and how it could be potentially useful?

Thankses! :smallbiggrin:

KillianHawkeye
2011-05-15, 06:36 PM
I think the best use for fusion would be in a DBZ parody game. :smallbiggrin:

PrGo
2011-05-16, 05:48 AM
I think the best use for fusion would be in a DBZ parody game. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, that was my first idea :smallbiggrin:

I just found one:
Use metamorphosis, share it with your psicrystal to get two different forms with two different kinds of immunities, then fuse with it. Nifty trick.

Radar
2011-05-16, 06:33 AM
Yeah, that was my first idea :smallbiggrin:

I just found one:
Use metamorphosis, share it with your psicrystal to get two different forms with two different kinds of immunities, then fuse with it. Nifty trick.
For example take Clay Golem (acid damage heals it and has immunity to nonlethal damage) and a War Troll (is only vulnerable to acid damage and very special substance: Trollbane). Apart from other nifty traits, it makes you almost immune to damage (regular damage changed to nonlethal thanks to Regeneration and you are immune to that).

Cog
2011-05-16, 06:38 AM
That wouldn't work. You're a single creature after the Fusion, so you have to obey the normal spell/power stacking rules.

Prime32
2011-05-16, 08:26 AM
Fusion is very useful if you have to fight an aleax...

Aemoh87
2011-05-16, 11:28 AM
I have no imput but this thread is long over due.

And yes melding two whacky creatures is funzies! I have a character build use uses a psionic item that casts fusion to creat his own demons. Very fun.

Hyfigh
2011-05-16, 02:15 PM
Thrallherd and Fusion up your thralls...
Edit: I like having a S2P Erudite and a Metamind. Use the Metaminds font of power and the power (sorry it's name has slipped my mind) that lets you reset a buff to the previous round for duration purposes for a very nasty nova character.

Nero24200
2011-05-16, 02:20 PM
It's useful in any situation calling for a one-on-one fight, such as fighting in an arena.

Though it also gives you an excuse to do the dance...

Prime32
2011-05-16, 02:35 PM
Though it also gives you an excuse to do the dance...DM: "You just rolled a natural 1 on your Perform (dance) check."

Darth Stabber
2011-05-16, 03:58 PM
It could be used as an explanation for gestalt characters.

Sims
2011-05-16, 04:26 PM
What would you get if a human fused with a Marilith or Balor? Or better yet, a Pit fiend! XD

Thats what I'd use it for! (after charming them with a similar Power first haha)

Emo_Duck
2011-05-16, 05:09 PM
On a tangent to this, are there any nifty ways of extending the duration of the Fusion (other than Extend Power), or perhaps even making it permanent?

Teron
2011-05-16, 08:02 PM
Target: You and one touched willing creature of your type and your size or smaller

Unfortunately, that invalidates some of the suggestions in this thread. On the bright side, unconscious creatures are always considered "willing". Knock out tough enemies and stuff them in a bag of holding with a bottle of air, and you've got a really twisted variant of Pokémon.

PrGo
2011-05-17, 06:48 AM
Unfortunately, that invalidates some of the suggestions in this thread. On the bright side, unconscious creatures are always considered "willing". Knock out tough enemies and stuff them in a bag of holding with a bottle of air, and you've got a really twisted variant of Pokémon.

Haha, that's so awesome! Also answers my unasked question about True Mind Switch on unconscious targets. Thanks a lot, everyone :smallbiggrin:

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-05-17, 07:15 AM
Outside of being a warforged with that psicrystal idea, it's not a bad power to have if you feel like being a bit cheesey and use Leadership to gain a cohort either with this power or you yourself has it.:smallwink:

Mrbojanglz
2014-02-01, 07:49 AM

You and another willing, corporeal, living creature of the same or smaller size fuse into one being. As the manifester, you control the actions of the fused being. However, you can give up this control to the other creature. Once you give up control, you cannot regain it unless the other creature relinquishes it.

Straight from the SRD and nothing about type

Anxe
2014-02-01, 09:01 AM
It's in the target section of the power.

Could you polymorph first and then use fusion?

Necroticplague
2014-02-01, 09:25 AM
Good trick I've found:Fuse with something, anything will do. Use Astral seed. Once your un-fused, off yourself. Astral seed kicks in, your are now in a body that is the same as if you were under the effects of fusion (but is not actually).Repeat until you are either actually a god, or at least Death Incarnate.

Rubik
2014-02-01, 09:50 AM
Good trick I've found:Fuse with something, anything will do. Use Astral seed. Once your un-fused, off yourself. Astral seed kicks in, your are now in a body that is the same as if you were under the effects of fusion (but is not actually).Repeat until you are either actually a god, or at least Death Incarnate.This is my favorite use of the power by far. Do note that Fusion results in a gestalt++, and the effects carry over post-Astral Seed. It's an easy way to gain more levels without gaining actual XP. Racial and template abilities that improve with HD (such as phrenic) get a big boost with this, as does your manifesting if you've taken the Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) feat.

Vaynor
2014-02-01, 06:13 PM
The Red Towel: Egad! Thread necromancy! Shut 'er down, cap'n.