PDA

View Full Version : Under the Sea!

Torgarn
2011-05-15, 09:34 PM
You stand in the marketplace of Pearlsheen. This small town is built into a coral shelf, near the surface of the The Deep. This small town is populated mostly by sea elves, though other peaceful races are welcome. you are meeting together today to discuss the recent raids by sahuagin on the caravans travelling between towns.

chrisrawr
2011-05-15, 09:56 PM
In a whispy voice, Felran consults with his contacts from beneath heavy cloak and hood. "I have found the cause of your recent troubles, as asked," the spectral voice continues, "Have you news or word of my past, to bargain with?" Truth be told, the caravan raids made him slightly uneasy, as well. If city guards increased monitoring for suspicious peoples, well, not much was more suspicious than one such as he.

Seeing that he wouldn't get something for nothing, he adds, in a voice that slowly boils into something almost lively, "Raiders. Raiders and bandits, thieves, cowards and knaves! Bottomfeeders who would ruin and encroach upon the work and effort of another to continue their own joyless existence. Would their throats be at my hands, I'd..." He stops, when he realizes his hands are glowing a cold blue, and that the multitude of carrion eaters normally surrounding him had dropped dead to the ocean floor. "There would be harsh words, indeed."

Lyndworm
2011-05-16, 02:21 PM
A simple street performer across the path hears Felran's rage. In a booming voice evocative of a sinking boat grinding against coral the crabfolk shouts "Being a knave isn't necessarily a bad thing, you know! I'm technically a knave... You probably are too!" The crabfolk snaps a claw in Felran's direction and begins to glow in myriad colors. Red, yellow, blue, and every color in between emanates from the performer in wiggling sheets; the light appears as if solid to the touch. Truly, it is beautiful.

Perform (Biloluminescence):
[roll0]

Just in case. :smalltongue:

Otomodachi
2011-05-17, 12:22 PM
Ursula emerges from behind a merchant's stall in the small marketplace of this frontiers-town, dressed in the simplest of clothes. Her tentacles flex and swing, propelling her towards Glowclaw and Felran, a disgusted look on her face; as she comes to a stop, the appendages appear to sway slightly, keeping her stationary against the ever-present currents in the water. She forces a more neutral expression onto her face, recognizing the beauty in the crab-man's performance, and speaks to both individuals- "Yes, my good artist, you may be right about our lot in life. But what I am not is a slave, never again. If I am to continue my life in this village, something must be done. And..." she thinks for a moment, trying to phrase her somewhat selfish motives to be more palatable, "...and it's not right for these people to live in fear, either. And... likely, there would be rewards, whether material or more abstract."

Glancing over her shoulder to the merchant stall momentarily, Ursula then looks back between Glowclaw and Felran, folding her arms in front of her. "I believe we could do something about it. What say you? What manner of knaves do you two intend to be?"

chrisrawr
2011-05-17, 01:34 PM
OOC: I'd intended you two to be my contacts that I was consulting, but this works too :3 I am no knave, however - the roguish life is not for me. Also, I ready Lyndworm's entire post in Taric's voice. Gems are truly outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous. (From league of legend)

A slow sigh escapes Felran's throat, the cold lights of his eyes dimming as the performance plays out.

Coming back to his proper senses, Felran engages his new friends. "I know how we can get their attention," he says, "We just need a caravan."

Trodon
2011-05-17, 10:17 PM
Daneth is at the side of the street, yelling at anyone nearby. "We bust hunt down the sahuagin and retrieve my wife! Will anyone stand up? You sir!" He says pointing at a random passer-by. "Can you not help?"

OOC: Very sorry, it's been a hectic week.

chrisrawr
2011-05-18, 01:54 AM
Felran reaches out as Daneth passes by, catching him by the arm and pulling him into the circle of assorted oddities that had gathered. Shushing him with a gesture, he urgently intones, "Listen! Listen! If they have anyone in the cities, anyone listening for spreading news of their raids, you will have just alerted them to your plan," he whispers, with disgust, "And your wife - and any like her - will be gone. Do you want that?" Felran grins as he delivers this news. But then, what else would he do?

Lyndworm
2011-05-18, 10:55 AM
The crabfolk wanders over to where the skeleton manhandles the aventi. "I fear you are overreacting, my friend. This man has listed no plan, only a desire; one likely shared by many. Why don't you both try to calm down just a bit and I'll see if I can't help with either situation."

Otomodachi
2011-05-19, 03:37 PM
Lips pursed for a moment, Ursula processes all the information recently made available to her, before a small smile forms on her face.

"Hmmmm. I think perhaps I know of someone who may have a caravan in need of guarding. And it appears we might be just the misshapen menagerie of guards they need. Perhaps." Fixing a steady gaze on Daneth, she continues, "I take it you have the skill to back up your desire to save your wife?" Pumping several tentacles, she turns to Felran, "And you... you still wish for information about the past. There is little to be had here, but perhaps in a larger settlement... maybe somewhere with a library dating to before the deluge?"

"I must go inform my employer that the nature of my employment has changed, and that he will be 'hiring' three additional guards for his next caravan." And with that, she begins floating back towards her stall, where a respectable-looking sea elf has taken over operations in her brief absence.

Trodon
2011-05-19, 09:56 PM
Daneth turns at Ursula."Of course, I can hold my own in a fight." He puts his hand on his spear, a comforting gesture he has needed to do more often in the past few weeks.

Lyndworm
2011-05-20, 10:50 AM
The crossed spears on Glowclaws back imply that the crabfolk knows how to use them. "I am a competent warrior, as well. I am getting bored of this town anyway, and the money is coming less frequently. Perhaps it is time to move on."

chrisrawr
2011-05-20, 03:02 PM
"I don't particularly care for the past, just my past," Felran mumbles. "Anyway, I'm sure that once we've got these... ruffians... settled down, they'll listen to one sort of reason or another."

Torgarn
2011-05-23, 03:05 AM
Your talk is interrupted as you hear screaming coming the edge of town.

Lyndworm
2011-05-23, 10:30 AM
Glowclaw rushes towards the screaming, drawing the spears on his back as he moves.

I say "rush," but... he is essentially a crab. He's not real fast. He swims at a speed of 15ft per move action, or 60ft while "running" as a full-round action.

chrisrawr
2011-05-23, 03:10 PM
"What's the rush?" Felran asks, genuinely curious. Turning to Daneth, he asks, "Did he mention somewhere he had to be?"

Trodon
2011-05-23, 03:10 PM
Daneth 'runs' toward the screaming, drawing his spears.

chrisrawr
2011-05-23, 04:55 PM
Felran thinks for a second, before sidling over to the merchant's stall, and calling for the octopus. "The others have rushed off. We'll lose our special guards at this rate, I'm going to go keep an eye on things."

And with that, he swims off at a leisurely pace towards the scream, careful not to dislodge any of the comforting little creatures using him for their homes.

Otomodachi
2011-05-23, 10:06 PM
Ursula, emerging from the merchant's stall with a neutral expression, maintains roughly the same pace as Felran from a good distance back, being both unarmed and unarmoured. She fishes around in her backpack as she drifts, producing a large piece of shell with some manner of arcane writing scribbled into it. (scroll of baleful polymorph, just in case.)

Lyndworm
2011-06-04, 10:14 PM
OoC:
What's going on now? We're all just running towards the screams, right?

chrisrawr
2011-06-04, 10:56 PM
OoC:
What's going on now? We're all just running towards the screams, right?

They are really far away.

Torgarn
2011-06-05, 12:00 AM
You come upon some scaly green creatures. Sahuagin, loading several sea elvs into a cage. Strewn about are the corpses of those who resisted.

OOC: I apologize, apparently this game got lost in the shuffle when my computer melted down, I apologize, just know you aren't alone.

Lyndworm
2011-06-05, 01:06 AM
OoC:
Don't worry about it; stuff happens.

About how far away are the sahuagin right now?

Torgarn
2011-06-05, 02:07 AM
I'd say 60 feet.

Lyndworm
2011-06-05, 08:49 AM
Glowclaw begins pumping out light again, changing the color of the water around himself. Red, yellow, blue, and every color in between floats through the sea around the crabfolk, filling the others with a brand new vigor. Glowclaw continues moving towards the sahuagin.

Using Inspire Courage to provide every PC who can see the lights with a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Moving towards the sahuagin 15ft.

chrisrawr
2011-06-05, 12:27 PM
"Whell," Felran mutters, "Looks like they saved us a bit of time." With a sigh, he cracks off his hand, and sends it forth.

[roll0] damage, and casting Spectral Hand. Next turn, I'll be schooing it off to paralyze and inflict people. Like a boss.

Trodon
2011-06-07, 09:36 AM
Sahugin? Daneth's eyes flare up with anger, he charges at the nearest one while drawing his shortspears, then tries to stab it.

Yay for charging.
Attack: [roll0] (+8 base, +2 Charge, +1 From Glowclaw)
Damage: [roll1] [roll2] (Skirmish damage)
Critical roll if needed: [roll3]
Critical damage if needed: [roll4]

Torgarn
2011-06-13, 01:34 AM
OOC: I was waiting on the last guy. I'm just going to run you three then, since you seem to be the one's still posting.

A sahuagin goes down, skewered by Daneth. The others turn towards him slashing out at him or moving closer. Daneth takes 2 damage.

Lyndworm
2011-06-15, 11:31 AM
Glowclaw continues to swim towards the sahuagin, albeit very slowly. The lights around him also continue to swirl and dance, creating a beautiful, intangible tapestry in the water.

Standard action to continue "singing," Move action to move 15ft closer to the sahuagin.

Torgarn
2011-06-17, 02:33 AM
The sahuagin strike out at Daneth savagely, he takes 3 damage.

OOC: It's Trodon's turn, then chris.

chrisrawr
2011-06-19, 03:10 PM
My grandmother died this morning (Sunday, June 19, 2011). I'm going halfway across the country to her funeral, and will be largely unable to post for the next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. If the need arises, DMPC me as every James Bond Villain ever, but less retarded :I.

Trodon
2011-06-20, 10:30 AM
Daneth "dances" around the sahuagin, getting on the other side then striking it.

Tumble check: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Skirmish damage: [roll3]