PDA

View Full Version : Test of Spite: knightMARE vs Mr.Bookworm

Tavar
2011-05-16, 11:11 AM
The arena is a large circle with a radius of 2 miles, centered around a set of abandoned jungle ruins. The ruins take up approximately a smaller circle of 1 mile. In the center is a overgrown courtyard, with a fountain/shrine in the center. Square in shape, it has an east-west and north-south road bisecting its sides, with each side being 75 yards across. The fountain takes up a 5 yard area, with an additional 5 yards consisting of mud.

There are some auxillarly roads and allies, as well as holes in the buildings. None of the buildings is over 3 stories high.

Combatants start out on the North-south bisecting road. One is on the northernmost edge of the courtyard. The other is on the Southernmost. The fountain provides 90% hard cover currently.

Charms/effects with a duration longer than 1 scene may be active at user discretion. Otherwise, you start uninjured, with full mote, willpower, and virtue reserves. Join battle rolls should be done.

One final thing; you do have a decision. Stunts can either be at my discretion, at your opponents, or disabled. Which do you want.

Currently, the description of the background is sparse, as that's what stunts are for.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-16, 02:17 PM
Couple questions. Can we see each other from our current positions? And OOCness goes in spoilers, IC stuff out right?

Also, a (rough) map would be really helpful if you have the time, but I understand if you don't.

Finally...

Join Battle: [roll0]

2 successes.

Tavar
2011-05-16, 04:14 PM
I'll try and get a map up later.
You can see each other, but there's 90% cover in the way.

Also, opinion on stunts?

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-16, 04:23 PM
Gah. Knew I was forgetting something.

I don't really hold any strong opinions on the subject. If knight wants something, I'm fine with that. If not, I'd be happy with you adjudicating the stunts.

knightMARE
2011-05-16, 06:06 PM
I start with Integrity Protecting Prana, and start whichever side Bookworm hasn't.

Join Battle [roll0]

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-16, 06:11 PM
Whichever side works. Let's say... southside for me.

Also, doh. I meant to use Lightning Draw Stance on the JB roll and have Blessing of Righteous Solar Spark Meditation up. Can I retroactively use those, or do I just need to suck it up?

Tavar
2011-05-16, 07:35 PM
The latter's fine, but not the former. And I'll judge stunt rewards accordingly.

knightMARE
2011-05-16, 10:12 PM
Can you label which of your spoilers apply to me and which apply to Bookworm?

Tavar
2011-05-16, 11:32 PM
Sure. I thought the text in the spoiler was self explanatory, as you didn't ask any questions. To simplify, I'll only post information in spoilers if it's important to keep hidden.

The current tick order is as follows;
Tick 0: knightMARE
Tick 1: Mr. Bookworm

knightMARE
2011-05-17, 10:27 AM
Sure. I thought the text in the spoiler was self explanatory, as you didn't ask any questions. To simplify, I'll only post information in spoilers if it's important to keep hidden.

The current tick order is as follows;
Tick 1: Mr. Bookworm

Thought you were talking to Mr. Bookworm. Aaaaanyway, I'm fine with whatever you/Mr. Bookworm decide on stunts

Action for tick 0
Dash 9 yards towards Bookworm. How far away is he and what does he look like? (weapons, armour, possible hints as to exaltation..)

Tavar
2011-05-17, 11:30 AM
Other end of the plaza, so you start 75 yards away from each other. Also, there's several onstacles in the direct line. I'll let Mr Bookworm describe himself, as well as mention any obvious effects present.

knightMARE
And you aren't drawing a weapon?

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-17, 02:20 PM
knightMARE
I could try a description, but there's a picture that looks exactly like my character that I can just post instead.

http://www.cinemaisdope.com/news/films/goodbadugly/goodthebadandtheugly.jpg

Anyway, I showed you mine, so show me yours. :smalltongue:

Tavar, Action on First Tick
Can I use Lightning Draw Stance to draw my PTR as a reflexive action so I can act on the next tick? The wording on the Charm is kind of unclear.

If I can, I'll do that. If not, I'll take a normal Ready Weapon action.

Tavar
2011-05-17, 02:38 PM
Bookworm:
I don't think you can, as the charm is part of an attack, and he's within range yet.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-17, 03:08 PM
Tavar
Alright, then, I'll shoot the ground right in front of me.

Kind of strikes me as ridiculous that you can draw and shoot lightning fast, but you can't just draw really fast.

Tavar
2011-05-17, 04:07 PM
Bookworm-
Further reading the charm, you can do it without attacking. Sorry, misread a word. Of course, even then he's not within range. After a full 3 tick dash, he's only 27 yards closer to you, which leave him 48 yards from you(75-27), much less than your 20yard range maximum. This also assume he simply moves in a straight line.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-17, 04:21 PM
Tavar
What do you think Archery Charms are for? :smallwink:

Incidentally, my Tick 2 action will be to throw up my Combo, soooo.

Tavar
2011-05-17, 04:45 PM
Current tick order, current tick is bolded.
Tick 1:Mr.Bookworm
Tick 2:Mr.Bookworm
Tick 3:knightMARE

Bookworm
Right....
Well, It's your action then. Remember the obstacles in the way, though.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-17, 04:52 PM
Tavar
Activating my Combo.

5m version of TINW, AWD, and four attacks from ToUS, for a cost of 14m, 2wp. Four attacks that perfectly hit, with a range of "whatever I can see". First attack deals 13L damage, the other three deal 10L.

I'll write a description of the attack when knightMARE posts what I can see about his character.

Tavar
2011-05-17, 05:06 PM
knightMARE, we have another request for what you look like, in addition to several unanswered questions in the spoilers. I'll repeat them hear.
You are aware that there are obstacles in the center of the area? You don't want to draw your sword?

BookwormHow are you calculating that? Trance of Unhesitating Speed costs 8 motes for 4 attacks. There is no wind is a per attack charge, so 20 motes for 4 attacks. Accuracy without distance is also per attack, so 4m, 4wp for four attacks. That's 32m, 4 wp.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-17, 05:23 PM
*facepalm*

So I was!

Sorry, it's been forever since I read the Combo rules.

Tavar
2011-05-17, 05:30 PM
You can re-do your action, then. If you wish.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-17, 05:37 PM
Tavar
Eh. Sure.

I'll use There Is No Wind to attack him. This negates cover, correct?

Tavar
2011-05-17, 06:11 PM
Bookworm:I don't think so. Cover is a bonus to DV's, not a penalty to your attack roll. And don't make me activate the Chicanery:no clause.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-17, 06:21 PM
Tavar
Come over here and try it. :smalltongue:

Okay, seems reasonable. What's the courtyard layout, again (or, how can I remove the cover penalty)?

For now, I'm using Kiss of the Sun Concentration at 1 mote, to make a Speed 2 Aim action.

Tavar
2011-05-17, 07:17 PM
Picture of the arena is in spoiler. It's only spoilered to avoid stretching screens. Feel free to look, anyone who wishes.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z77/Ilavator/arena.jpg

knightMARE
2011-05-17, 08:10 PM
Sorry. Being in Australia can give me weird posting times (I was asleep for all those questions)

Character Description
Couldn't find the picture I was working from, so: Close to 7 feet all, and clad in shining gold full plate, it's hard to much about his features as he is completely covered in metal. In his right hand he holds a rectangular shield, made from the same metal as his armor. His left hand is currently drawing an intricate and distinctive Daiklave from it's sheath

Tavar
Forgot about the weapon /facepalm. I shall begin drawing it now. As for the obstacles, I'll start veering out wide, going around the east side of them, still heading in roughly the same direction.

EDIT: Tavar
Also, once the Daiklave of Conquest is unsheathed, he will need a Difficulty 2 Valor check to not flee. -5 dice on all attack rolls if he passes. Also, he gets -1 dice on all combat-related rolls while it's unsheathed

Tavar
2011-05-17, 09:58 PM
knightMARE
Only if he's within 10 yards does the former happen. The latter's range is large enough to effect him, however.

So, you complete your dash action on tick 2, having moved a total of 27 yards. You're drawing your sword, which is a miscellaneous speed 5 action. Are you going to dash again(and flurry) or is it just going to be standard move's for the next 5 ticks. Also, how close do you want to skirt the edge of the mud.

knightMARE
2011-05-18, 07:52 AM
Tavar

I'll flurry the two, making that a 5/-2 action, and skirt as close as possible to the mud without actually going into it. Decrease distance and everything to get within 10 yards as quick as possible :P

Tavar
2011-05-18, 12:17 PM
knightMARE
If you just move, that's a speed 5, dv -2 action. If you combine with the dash, it's a Speed 5, dv -3. Please clarify which you want to do.

knightMARE
2011-05-18, 05:34 PM
Tavar
Ahk, that was meant to be 5/-3, and Dash, not move, in the flurry

Tavar
2011-05-18, 06:14 PM
For future reference, you should probably post actions that the other person sees. For instance, knightMARE, you could state that your character runs forward and at an angle, trying to close the distance as fast as possible.

In any case, knightMARE is now

Tick order.
Tick 4:Mr Bookworm
Tick 5:
Tick 6:
Tick 7: kightMARE

Mr Bookworm
Okay, by tick 5 he's no longer within cover. He's also drawn a blade, a daiklave made of orichalcum. Looking at it, you almost feel the urge to run. -1 internal penalty to all rolls involving combat.
Knightmare
Knightmare; do you do wish to continue moving once the dash is over, yes?

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-18, 07:04 PM
Tavar
How far away is he?

If he's within 20 feet, I'll shoot using Accuracy Without Distance. If not, There Is No Wind to shoot at him.

Tavar
2011-05-18, 07:36 PM
Mr Bookworm
Well over 20 yards.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-18, 07:48 PM
Tavar
Alright, then. Can you post an updated map whenever you have the time?

So, using There Is No Wind, five motes from peripheral pool. Dealing 13L damage, adding two dice from Aim.

I'm going to start running off to the side after this.

The man in the poncho scowls at the charging man, tracking him with his flame piece. He aims, carefully, and then a burst of flame howls forth as a circle of blazing gold appears on his brow.

Tavar
2011-05-18, 07:58 PM
Bookworm
I'll update and post it soonish. Can you please state the speed of the action. Remember, with There is no wind, you do not take the -1 penalty mentioned earlier.

That's a 1 die stunt.

All:
It's an attack. Please detail Defense methods and the like.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-18, 08:00 PM
Tavar
I don't think he gets to know what Charm I'm using. It's not Obvious.

Also, Speed 5, dice pool of 18. We get stunt rewards, right? So a loss of 3 motes.

Tavar
2011-05-18, 08:04 PM
MR Bookworm:
thanks. Misread the first section of combat resolution, and thought you needed to inform them of charms, as well as if the attack was unblockable or not. Sorry.

As for stunt rewards, those only happen if you hit...

knightMARE
2011-05-19, 07:13 AM
Tavar
Heavenly Guardian Defense, Perfect Parry. 4m out of peripheral. Also, how far away am I at this point, and what was the verdict on stunts?

The man in the shining armour, still charging at full speed, turns and skids a little a little on the paving, slicing at the incoming flames with his freshly drawn Daiklave. Ghostly apparitions of blades cross with his, stopping the flames in their tracks, and, without losing speed, the man pivots and continues his charge

Tavar
2011-05-19, 11:43 AM
The swordsman finally rounds the fountain, to find that his foe is circling the fountain as well, to try and always keep an obstacle between himself and the swordsman.

knightMare is currently 8 yards past the top edge of the muddy terrain. Bookworm is currently 15 yards along the top of the courtyard. Total distance between the 2; 41 yards in a straight line.

Tick order.
Tick 5:
Tick 6:
Tick 8: Bookworm

knightMAREStunts are judged by me. Speaking of which, 1 die stunt, so 2 motes back.

BookwormA perfect parry was used against you. No motes were regained.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-19, 12:30 PM
Tavar
If you ever have the time, could you do an updated map? Makes it easier to visualize the fight.

Also, next action, I'm going to throw my Combo.

Tavar
2011-05-19, 01:07 PM
Current map. Open to all.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z77/Ilavator/arena-1.jpg

knightMARE
2011-05-19, 07:13 PM
Tavar
I continue to Dash (3/-2) for 9 yards/tick at Mr. Bookworm

The armoured man shows no sign of slowing down, and continues his chase

Tavar
2011-05-19, 07:47 PM
By Tick 8, he's 23 yards away.

Tick order.
Tick 5:
Tick 6:
Tick 9:
Tick 10:kightMARE
Tick 11:

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-19, 07:49 PM
Tavar
Activating Combo.

Then I'll keep running around the fountain away from him.

The gunslinger halts, twisting around to face the armored man. His flame piece blurs up from his side, and an aura of light as bright as the sun springs up from around him, twisting itself into the shape of a sword buried into ground.

He aims towards the sky, and then fires upwards, a shot arcing into the sky, his anima howling forth to twist around the flame, resolving itself into four golden streaks that turn and fly towards the man.

Tavar
2011-05-19, 07:50 PM
What exactly is the combo doing again. As in, what does it cost, what charms, for how much, etc.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-19, 07:55 PM
Tavar
There Is No Wind+Accuracy Without Distance+Trance of Unhesitating Speed.

A magical flurry of four perfect attacks that take no penalties, with infinite range. Each deals 10L damage. Costs 32m, 5wp. Speed 5.

Tavar
2011-05-19, 08:35 PM
knightMARE:
There are 4 unblockable/undodgable attacks coming at you.

knightMARE
2011-05-19, 10:07 PM
Tavar
Sigh. HGD, paying 13m out of peripheral, and 3 out of personal. I've gone Iconic, so Bookworm now has a -1 external penalty to combat actions

Eying the incoming attack, the armoured Exalt skids, kicking up a cloud of dust. The cloud is quickly illuminated by the explosion of radiance suddenly emanating from the armour, and ghostly apparitions of warriors appear, wielding swords of sunlight. In perfect sync, all of the ghostly warriors and the armoured man raise their blades, their motions angular yet lightning quick. Making an intricate pattern of interlocking blades, and all four golden streaks are stopped in their paths as the blades move to parry all four. As unstoppable as the rising sun, the man and the images of swordsman turn and charge once more

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-19, 10:18 PM
knightMARE
Uh, no. It's a flurry, so you can only block one of the attacks with a PD.

knightMARE
2011-05-19, 11:06 PM
Bookworm
Activated 4x

Tavar
2011-05-19, 11:15 PM
knightMARE
Uh, no. It's a flurry, so you can only block one of the attacks with a PD.

A charm can be activated as many times as you like(if applicable) before an action refreshes. So, yes, he can activate it that many times if he so wishes. 1 die stunt to knightMARE.

He's still a bit distant, but another dash should do it.

Tick order.
Tick 5:
Tick 6:
Tick 9:
Tick 11:
Tick 12:
Tick 13: Bookworm

knightMARE
2011-05-19, 11:45 PM
Tavar
Dash for the next 3 ticks then. How far is he at the start of my action?

Tavar
2011-05-20, 12:18 AM
Actually, that'll partially be up to him.

Bookworm; knightMARE is dashing towards you, with your relative positions, he's going to be able to cut you off before your able to get around the fountain, at least if you go that direction. Do you want to change plans?

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-20, 07:23 AM
I'm obviously not as well-read on the rules as I thought I was. :smallredface:

Tavar
What's the range?

If he's within 20 yards, I'll use Cloud of Ebon Devils and shoot. If he's not, I'll Dash towards the right.

Tavar
2011-05-20, 07:54 AM
If you continue to try and run around the fountain, by your shared tick he'll be right next to you. If you just move straight away, it'll take a bit more time.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-20, 08:04 AM
Tavar
Hm. I'm going to keep running in a straight line past the fountain.

Also, he's within 20 yards, right? I'm going to use Cloud of Ebon Devils and then attack him.

Tavar
2011-05-20, 08:18 AM
He'll be next to you, then, and your actions are on the same tick...

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-20, 08:22 AM
Tavar
Hm. Okay. I'll start running NE.

Next action, Cloud of Ebon Devils to reload and then a Dash action directly east.

knightMARE
2011-05-20, 08:40 AM
Tavar
Time for valor check?

Tavar
2011-05-20, 09:45 AM
Bookworm:
As he closes, you feel terror well up inside you.
Valor roll. If fail, You flee.

In any case, if you remain within 10 yards, you take a -5 internal penalty on attacks.

The foe is 5 yards away.

KnightMARE
Yep. You aren't quite within melee range(5 yards away), though. Does your anima banner effect the Valor roll?

knightMARE
2011-05-20, 09:57 AM
Tavar
No it does not. I therefore flurry Move/Iron Whirlind (6/-1) for 6 attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Stunt Description if action successful
Sliding the last few yards to close with his foe, the armoured Exalt and his ghostly entourage slice at the poncho-wearing man with lightning speed. The brilliant swords flash everywhere, and his Daiklave slashes six times.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-20, 10:07 AM
Tavar
Valor roll
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

So, crap, a Daiklave of Conquest?

EDIT: Made it!

Also, I'm AFB. How do actions resolved on simultaneous ticks work?

Tavar
2011-05-20, 10:15 AM
Simultaneous actions happen at the same time.

Knightmare
Also, knightMARE, isn't your move only 3? How are yo moving 5 yards?

knightMARE
2011-05-20, 09:36 PM
Tavar
Sorry, for some reason I forgot about mobility penalties. 'Spose that better be Dash/Iron Whirlwind (6/-3). I don't suppose he started fleeing me?

Tavar
2011-05-20, 11:32 PM
KnightMARENope. Successful roll. But, you can't use non-reflexive actions on the same tick that you use an extra action charm.

knightMARE
2011-05-21, 12:37 AM
Tavar
Ah, Lame. Would Move for 1 tick, then flurry Move/Iron Whirlwind on the second tick work?

Tavar
2011-05-21, 12:41 AM
KnightMAREHis move is faster than yours, so no. More than that, I can't say.

knightMARE
2011-05-21, 01:05 AM
Tavar
Righto, I'll Dash then (3/-2)

Tavar
2011-05-21, 03:40 PM
Bookworm:Where exactly are you dashing to? Also, please list your dash speed, as well as your action. Remember, -5 internal penalty to all combat actions, and -1 external penalty to attack, as long as you're within 10 yards.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-21, 05:27 PM
Tavar
Dashing (Speed 3, DV -2) directly north. My Dash speed is 11 yards.

Also using Cloud of Ebon Devils to reload. 1m, Reflexive, requires a (Wits+MA) roll at difficulty 2.

[roll0]

EDIT: Made it.

The man pivots and then sprints north at top speed. As he runs, he flicks his flame piece open, and then his hands blur into motion too fast to see as black trails of powder wreath his chest. He slams his weapon closed the barest fraction of a second later, never slowing down, the ebon cloud trailing in his wake.

Tavar
2011-05-21, 05:33 PM
BookwormAt the moment, you only have about 15 yards of direct north movement before you hit the edge of the courtyard. What'll happen then?

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-21, 05:34 PM
Tavar
I run up the wall, flip off, and unload a clip into him, of course. Is there any possible other course of action? :smalltongue:

Well, maybe. If I have an action then. Do I?

Otherwise, I'll break east, following the wall.

Incidentally, I have 6m left in my peripheral pool, and 19m left in my personal. I have 5 temp Willpower left.

Tavar
2011-05-21, 08:54 PM
Bookworm
You only have 15 yards of southern movement left, and you have a total of 33 yards of movement with your dash, so no.

All: On Tick 16, knightMARE is only 6 yards away from Bookworm.
Tick order.
Tick 5:
Tick 6:
Tick 9:
Tick 11:
Tick 12:
Tick 13: Bookworm
Tick 14:
Tick 15:
Tick 16:Bookworm, kightMARE

knightMARE
2011-05-21, 09:39 PM
Tavar
Flurry Dash/Attack (5/-3)
[roll0]

The armoured man ducks his head low as he barrels forward, Daiklave dragging along the ground beside him, sparks flying off the pavement as a groove is cut into it. His ghostly swordsmen take up defensive positions. When he gets close, the Daiklave lunges out, striking upwards from toes to head.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-21, 10:02 PM
Tavar
Where am I? Are we both next to the wall?

I'm SSE his attack, and then attacking (5/-1) as my action. -6 penalty, so a dice pool of 9.

[roll0]

4 successes.

The golden sword bursts into existence behind him as the gunslinger leaps, outlining him in dark shadow. He balances perfectly on the edge of the daiklave as it sweeps upwards, and then flips off as it reaches it's highest point. He aims, and then fires.

Tavar
2011-05-21, 10:18 PM
Bookworm:
Yes, you're near a wall. You also have a -1 external penalty.
1 die stunt

knightMARE
Opponent is attacking you, and perfected your attack away.

knightMARE
2011-05-21, 10:43 PM
Tavar
Can I tell if it's unblockable? If it's not, I activate Final Sunset Stance. My Parry DV is now 11, paying 1m from peripheral. If I parry, I stock 1 free reflexive attack. Ideally, he should be losing 6 dice and 1 success from his attacks..

If that was a movement based evasion, I'd gain 1 WP, but I haven't spent any now that I think about it.

EDIT: The aura surrounding the swordsmen dims to a dark orange, staining the pavement almost red. As the daiklave recoils from the dodge of it's target, it suddenly moves in jerky, angular motions. Too quick for any human, the blade moves to block the incoming shot, as the Exalt dashes around in a tight circle to continue following his target

Tavar
2011-05-21, 10:52 PM
knightMARENope, just a regular attack. And you do parry. 1 dies stunt.

knightMARE
2011-05-21, 11:11 PM
Tavar
Joy, who's action is it?

Tavar
2011-05-21, 11:14 PM
You're both on the same tick at this point. Also, are you both using your reflexive move actions?

knightMARE
2011-05-21, 11:26 PM
Tavar
Shouldn't I still be dashing?

Tavar
2011-05-21, 11:36 PM
knightMAREWell, you are. Not sure about Bookworm.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-22, 09:30 AM
Tavar
I'm still Dashing east.

Tavar
2011-05-22, 10:55 AM
So, you're taking more Flurry penalties?

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-22, 12:56 PM
Tavar
:smallconfused:

Are you talking to me? I'm not flurrying. I haven't done it once this entire match.

Tavar
2011-05-22, 02:07 PM
BookwormYou just made an attack, though, so on this tick(16), in order to dash you need to be doing a flurry, combining an attack and a dash action.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-22, 04:14 PM
Tavar
Oh, I thought we were on the next action tick.

Hm. We get to define the scenery, right? Could I say that there's a window next to me in the air and flip through that with my reflexive Move?

Tavar
2011-05-22, 05:36 PM
Bookwormdoing that would require you to have flurried a jump, as that's an action that impacts the opponent pretty hard. You could, say, make an alley, or something.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-23, 04:35 PM
Tavar
Alright, then. I'll use a normal reflexive Move action. Should you define what this alley looks like, or is that up to me?

The man twists, lands, and then runs down an alley off to the side.

Tavar
2011-05-23, 05:22 PM
Bookworm:
Totally up to you.

By the next shared tick, There is only a scant 4 meters separating the combatants.

Tick 21:Bookworm, kightMARE

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-23, 05:41 PM
Tavar
You're assuming that he follows me down the alley, right? I'll let you define it however.

Also, attack using There Is No Wind (-3m), flurried with a Dash action (Speed 5, DV -3). Still moving down the alley.

[roll0]

Not my lucky day. Only 4 successes.

The gunslinger rushes down the alley. A stack of crumbling bricks catches his eye, and as he passes, he kicks it, sending up a cloud of dust. Moments later, from the dust, a blast of flame comes at the swordsman from the cloud of dust.

Tavar
2011-05-23, 07:52 PM
BookwormYeah, he's following you. At least, that's what he said.

Knightmare
1 attack coming your way, no special qualities to know about.

knightMARE
2011-05-23, 11:06 PM
Tavar
Activate Final Sunset Stance, parry DV of 14. I then flurry Dash/Attack(5/-3)

Attack
[roll0]

Tavar
2011-05-23, 11:09 PM
Knightmare:
Another successful parry, so that's 2 stocked Reflexive attacks, yes?

Mr.Bookworm
On attack coming at you, nothing special about it.

Also, your attack was parried.

knightMARE
2011-05-23, 11:15 PM
Shield snapping in front of his body to part the incoming flame, the armoured man bursts through fire and dust, ghostly entourage emerging through the cloud behind him. Moving the shield, unmarked by the shot, he kicks off the nearby alley wall, leaping up and raising the Daiklave above his head, bringing it down upon his targets head as he falls.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-23, 11:43 PM
Tavar
Wait, I'm dashing, and there was a four yard distance to begin with. How is he attacking me?

Though if he has the reach, I'm screwed. I already used up my Charm activation. I have a Dodge DV of 4 right now. If he can attack me, tell me and I'll stunt it.

Tavar
2011-05-24, 12:09 AM
Crud. Okay, let me fix that....okay, Knightmare, you're not in range to attack. My bad. Do you want to dash after Bookworm, still? And what about on Tick 24? At that point you'll be 10 yards distant.

knightMARE
2011-05-24, 02:12 AM
Tavar
Yeah, until I get in range, i'll still Dash until I am

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-24, 02:20 AM
Tavar
Next action, I'll flurry an attack and a Dash again.

Also, I'm kind of curious if he can win this one. I'm not exactly optimal by any stretch of the imagination (Righteous Devil style lol) and I also unloaded my DOOM-COMBO waaaaaaay too early, blowing most of my motes and wp. On the other hand, I can outrun him and I haven't seen any distance attack Charms from him, so I might be able to just kite him to death. [/ramblingmusings]

Running away and shooting them while they chase you isn't exactly heroic gunslinger material, though.

Tavar
2011-05-24, 08:20 AM
By tick 26, the combatants are once again right next to each other.

Tick 26:Bookworm
Tick 27: Knightmare

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-24, 09:54 AM
Tavar
Flurry Dash and Attack (Speed 5, DV -3). I'm still within the the -5 penalty area, right?

Also, adding a bend into the alley with the stunt.

[roll0]

The alley curves to the east as the gunman dashes down it. He jumps into the air, kicks off of the western wall, and slides across the northern wall as he fires a single shot at the swordsman behind him before landing and continuing to sprint down the alley.

Tavar
2011-05-24, 11:03 AM
Bookworm:You're starting out right next to each other, so yes.

knightMARERegular attack coming at you.

knightMARE
2011-05-24, 07:57 PM
Hot on his heels, the armoured Exalt hugs the wall and raises his shield to once more deflect the incoming shot, deep golden anima seemingly leaking from it.

Activate Final Sunset Stance once more, paying 1m out of peripheral.Parry 11, and if successful, 3 stocked attacks

Tavar
2011-05-24, 08:09 PM
knightMAREParry successful, and a 1 die stunts. He once again has put a bit of distance between the two of you(2 yards by the time of your action).

knightMARE
2011-05-25, 06:11 AM
Tavar
Right. Can I finally Move/Iron Whirlwind him, or his he still too far?

Tavar
2011-05-25, 08:24 AM
KnightMAREJust a bit too far, since he's moving faster than you are. If you dash, however, you should be able to do that on your next action tick.

knightMARE
2011-05-25, 04:24 PM
Tavar
Alrighty. I shall dash then

Tavar
2011-05-25, 06:50 PM
Tick Order:
Tick 30:Knightmare
Tick 31:Bookworm
On tick 30, combatants start next to one another.

Knightmare:
Okay, you're good to go.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-25, 07:42 PM
Tavar
...how did he speed up? :smallconfused:

I'm dashing, and I'm apparently faster then him, so shouldn't there be some distance?

Tavar
2011-05-25, 08:53 PM
Bookworm
Your dash lasts 3 ticks out of a total of 5 ticks. He is dashing 3 ticks out of 3, as his action has a lower speed. The difference in speed is only 2 yards, so one tick where he dashes and you do not is about equivalent to 3 ticks of both combatants moving at the same pace(either both dashing, or one dashing and the other staying still).

knightMARE
2011-05-25, 10:41 PM
Tavar
Finally. Iron Whirlwind. 5m from Personal, and 1wp. 6 attacks

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Having finally drawn close enough to his target, the armoured exalt skids along side the man in the poncho, slashing his sword along his body. Grinding his armoured boot into the ground to slow himself, sparks flying, the Swordsman pivots on the spot and brings his sword around for a second swing. The ghostly entourage's shining blades flash forth to join the Daiklave, forming a fractal-like pattern in the air around it as it slashes a total of 6 times.

Tavar
2011-05-25, 10:43 PM
Bookworm:
6 attacks coming at you, none of which have any special qualities to them. Remember onslaught penalties.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-26, 11:03 AM
Tavar
SSE 6 times. Crap. Almost out of gas.

A golden sword springs up behind him, and the gunslinger smiles slightly. He then turns sideways and disappears, his hat the only thing left, floating before it comes to rest on the hilt of the sword, allowing the attacks to pass through thin air.

Tavar
2011-05-26, 11:21 AM
Bookworm1die stunt. Can you tell me your current mote pool?(how much you have, out of what?)

KnightMAREAll attacks perfected

Tick 31:Bookworm
Tick 34:Knightmare

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-26, 11:42 AM
Tavar
9m. 3 in Personal, 6 in Peripheral. 5 wp left.

So! I am activating my Combo (TINW+AWD+TOUS). One attack. Costs 6m, 2wp for one perfect attack that negates all penalties.

[roll0]

10 successes!

EDIT: Ignore this, obviously.

Tavar
2011-05-26, 11:55 AM
BookwormPlease tell me the pools total value. As in, how many motes you have in your pools. As in, if you had no motes spend, how many motes you would have.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-26, 11:56 AM
Tavar
19 in Personal, 49 in Peripheral

Tavar
2011-05-26, 12:02 PM
Bookworm.
How are You calculating that? With the following array, here's my values.
Compassion ●●
Conviction ●●
Temperance ●●
Valor ●●●●

Intimacies:

Willpower: ●●●●●●●●●● (10/10)

Essence:
Permanent: ●●●

Personal 19.
Peripheral 41

A 1 dot hearthstone gives 2 motes in a skin-mount amulet, so 43 peripheral in the end. 62 motes total.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-26, 12:05 PM
Tavar
Gah. Screwed that right up. I forgot to change my pools when I flipped hearthstones. *headdesk*

Er, letsee. That would mean I have... one mote left?! :smalleek:

Well, let's make it count. I like that stunt, and it works for this next bit, so I'll just use that for an attack enhanced by Accuracy Without Distance.

[roll0]

Holy bleepity bleep bleep bleeping bleep. 11 successes. :smallcool:

The gunman reappears, still smiling. He plucks his hat from the sword, places it on his head, and aims his gun straight-up.

"My move."

The repeater roars, and a single golden shot lifts into the air, brighter then the sun. It detonates moments later, immeasurable blasts of flame bouncing off of the walls, tearing enormous chunks out of the alley, before curving together to form a miniature sun hovering above the head of the swordsman, before it rushes downwards as a single, inescapable beam of light.

Tavar
2011-05-26, 12:09 PM
Bookworm:Huh? How are you acting again?

Also, you've used up 2 more willpower. Combo's always cost 1 willpower to activate, in addition to charm costs.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-26, 12:11 PM
Tavar
I didn't have enough motes to activate that Combo, since I completely miscalculated my pool. Disregard that.

I'm doing that last post for my action.

Tavar
2011-05-26, 12:31 PM
Bookworm Actually, before the attack, I'm pretty sure you had spent a total of 64 motes, and had 4 motes of stunts. So you're at 3 motes, total. Still, not enough for the combo, because Trance of Unhesitating Speed must be activated twice, for a total of 8 motes.

Knightmare:
The attack will hit unless a perfect defense is applied. Your DV will determine the number of threshold successes.

knightMARE
2011-05-26, 09:13 PM
Tavar
HGD, perfectly parrying for 4m out of personal. Parry DV should be 12
(Hopefully with all his penalties, that wont be any net successes, whatever they're for.)
What tick was this on? 31? And on my tick, how far away is he?

Bemused at the turn of events, the armoured man raises his Daiklave above him, point rushing up to meet the ball of fire. The ball bursts upon contact, flames funnelling down either side of the blade. Ghostly swords form a protective wall around him, and the flames pass by the Exalt on all sides, scorching the ground, but leaving him perched on a small rock, unharmed.

Tavar
2011-05-26, 09:37 PM
KnightmareYou've already used a charm this action(without activating the combo), so you can't activate another charm...

knightMARE
2011-05-26, 09:59 PM
Crap. Thought that was last action. Parry DV is still 12..

Ignore last post, made mistake

Tavar
2011-05-26, 10:40 PM
Bookworm:Total of 0 threshold success, but your attack does hit(due to perfect effect). How much damage does that yield? Only 10 dice of Lethal(pre-soak)?

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-26, 10:49 PM
Tavar
Wait, what? How the heck is he beating 11 successes without a Charm? :smallconfused:

He has Dex 3, from what I've been able to see, and he's swinging a Daiklave of Conquest. Assuming Melee 5 + a 3 dot specialty, that's only a Parry DV of 7. Unless he's rocking some sort of artifact that should be banned from existence, I'm not seeing it.

But, yeah, with zero threshold successes, a flat 10L damage.

Tavar
2011-05-26, 10:57 PM
Bookworm:He's wearing heavy armor, so that Dex is off. Also, there are a couple things you're missing, artifacts and the like. Also, his Totemic Anima adds some bonuses.

Still, 2 die stunt. I'll roll to see if it matters: [roll0]

And it doesn't. Okay, Hardness counters all damage. Still, you do get either 4 motes or 1 wp back. Remember, you've spend a total of 5 wp so far.

KnightmareYour Hardness absorb's the attack. by tick 34, your opponent is a decent ways away.

Tick 34Knightmare
Tick 36 Bookworm

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-26, 11:06 PM
Tavar
I'd like to ask you to recheck your math.

Armor doesn't affect DVs. Even adding in the 2 from the Dawn anima, that's not beating 13 successes.

If there's an artifact that's adding a flat 4 to your DV (which, to my knowledge, does not exist), that's an artifact that needs to be banned from existence.

EDIT: Er. I just reread this, and realized it might have come off a bit more harsh then I intended.

It's just that if I'm about to get murderated, I would prefer it to be from accurate math. :smalltongue:

Tavar
2011-05-26, 11:24 PM
BookwormIt doesn't effect DV's, but it does effect speed(well, the mobility rating does). Thus, his unencumbered speed isn't 3. Thus, his Dex isn't 3. I can reveal the full defense value later, but it's accurate.

Also, there are artifacts that can add 4 to DV's. He's not using one, though.

knightMARE
2011-05-26, 11:28 PM
Tavar
Dashing after him again. (3/-2)

The armour, having absorbed the shot, glows for a split second while dispersing the heat, then fades. The swordsman then kicks of the ground and begins the chase anew.

Tavar
2011-05-26, 11:36 PM
Dashing makes up all your lost ground, and by Tick 36 you're even with Bookworm again. It's his action, though.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-27, 09:27 AM
Tavar
Hmmm. I'll take the 4m. Leaving me at 6m, 4wp.

I'm going to use Trance of Unhesitating Speed for three attacks, and channel Valor on the first attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

I'm probably dead after this, but maybe I'll get lucky.

...probably not.

EDIT: 10, 2, and 4 successes.

The gunman is coming up on the end of the alley, a wall. He runs up it and snaps off a shot at the swordsman, then kicks off, firing two more shots while in the air before he lands and runs back the way he came.

Tavar
2011-05-27, 09:40 AM
BookwormWeapons with Rate one cost 4 motes per extra attack. How are you paying for these?

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-27, 09:53 AM
Tavar
The Charm says it's 4m if it has a Rate of less then 1.

But even if you decide that I need to pay the higher cost, it got errata'd to 3m per attack, so I'll drop the third attack.

Tavar
2011-05-27, 10:01 AM
knightMAREOkay, 3 normal attacks coming your way. Also, next action tick, you'll start next to Bookworm.

knightMARE
2011-05-27, 10:46 AM
Tavar
Final Sunset Stance, Parry DV 12, 1m from Peripheral

Interposing his shield for the first 2 shots, as the ground cracks from the recoil of the absorbed attacks. The Armoured Exalt then drops it to his side, daiklave swinging to deflect the last shot. The air once again turns the colour of a setting sun, and just as unstoppable, the swordsman continues his charge

Tavar
If it's my turn next, Iron Whirlwind, 5m personal 1wp.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Tavar
2011-05-27, 11:13 AM
Bookworm:
Attacks miss. Also, 6 attacks coming your way. Declare DV's, stunt if you want, also charms if they need to be declared.
Knightmare1 die stunt.

knightMARE
2011-05-27, 11:27 AM
Tavar
Did I get hit and did I hit?

Tavar
2011-05-27, 11:34 AM
Knightmare:
Right. No attacks hit. Need Bookworm's response to find out if your attacks hit.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-27, 12:03 PM
Tavar
Welp, I'm dead. Can't use a Charm (don't have the motes, anyway). Things I have learned from this match: 1) Screw Righteous Devil, I should have just taken Solar Archery Charms. 2) DoomCombos suck. 3) I really should have taken a flurrybreaker.

Dodge DV of 8 against the 1st attack, then 7 for the 2nd, 6 for the 3rd, 5 for the 4th, 4 for the 5th, and 3 for the 6th, assuming below is a one-die stunt.

The gunman desperately bounds forward, throwing himself into the air, trying to outdistance the cutting edge of the daiklave.

Tavar
2011-05-27, 12:13 PM
KnightMARE: All but your first attack hit. Threshold Successes are, in order, 4, 1, 2, 4, 10. Final Damage values(in dice) are 11, 8, 9, 11, 17.

BookwormYeah, I didn't look over the style much, but I noticed that you only used two charms from the style, and neither really did much.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-27, 12:17 PM
Tavar
Yeah, Righteous Devil kind of sucks. I was hoping I could do something with it, but...

Oh well. Learned my lesson. If you ever want to use Righteous Devil style in a game, I'd suggest Plague of Hats' (http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=27309) excellent rewrite.

knightMARE
So, still want to do that Established game?

knightMARE
2011-05-27, 07:33 PM
Damage Dice

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Bookworm
Definetely. I've waiting on a sheet approval at the moment

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-27, 07:39 PM
The gunslinger literally explodes in a shower of blood as he gets thoroughly overmurderated.

...do I get stunt rewards for describing my own death? But, yeah, 32 levels of damage, and I have 16 health levels.

I'll have my own sheet, a Solar Hero Stylist, submitted shortly so we can keep this show on the road.

Tavar
2011-05-27, 07:57 PM
It's only 23 levels of damage. Tens don't count twice for damage.

Mr.Bookworm
2011-05-27, 07:58 PM
*facepalm*

Why must you mock my inadequate understanding of the rules, Tavar?

knightMARE
2011-05-27, 08:32 PM
You also have soak :smalltongue:

EDIT: Things I have learnt from my first Test of Spite and Exalted vs. Exalted combat - At Character Generation, high DV's can help a lot with mote efficiency

Tavar
2011-05-27, 08:48 PM
EDIT: Things I have learnt from my first Test of Spite and Exalted vs. Exalted combat - At Character Generation, high DV's can help a lot with mote efficiency

Fixed. Seriously, High DV's are always good.

knightMARE
2011-05-27, 09:44 PM
True. Ohwell, I look forward to the next match one our sheets have been approved.