PDA

View Full Version : The Munchkin's delight (OR Epic PrC for the magic obsessed) PEACH

tzaan
2011-05-16, 04:12 PM
Disclaimer: If the table and image don't work I'll be sad, but it's my first time. Helloooo learning curve

I can't cite any kind of precedent on this class, except the obvious hybrids, and I also can't claim that this is anything but a mad grab for more power in a game. That said, I like to think this could be an interesting class to play...but only at Epic levels because of people like me making this sort of PrC :smallannoyed:

anyhoo - enough of the beating around the bush. This is supposed to be a triple hybrid class of Psionic/Arcane/Invocation classes geared specifically toward characters who took levels in classes such as cerebremancer, eldritch theurge or those of us who've had a gander at PersonMan's Eldritch Project for Warlock hybrid PrCs (which I loved btw). It can only be taken at Epic level for the sole reason of me not wanting to arm munchkins with the ability to create tier1/tier1/tier 4 unlimited blaster characters.

Any name suggestions would be welcome (the word quintessence has lodged itself in my brain) but I'll go with Eldritch Cerebremancer until a more awesome name is thrown at it.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/69308/1473734-adam_warlock_super.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/cosmic-avengers-throw-down/580934/&usg=__ngFcgXFxYzhuboeqsWfBq3qzJ0U=&h=572&w=400&sz=44&hl=en&start=165&zoom=0&tbnid=4NIUyWQeelLrVM:&tbnh=128&tbnw=90&ei=6pHRTZ3uH5S0hAew9fmRDQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpsionic%2Bwarlock%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den% 26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D568%26tbm%3Disch0%2C 3211&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=526&vpy=323&dur=718&hovh=134&hovw=94&tx=86&ty=110&page=8&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:165&biw=1259&bih=568
Fluff:
"At the beginning of our quests, we followed but one path. We restricted ourselves to what we knew, what was bred in our bones or born in our minds and for a while this satisfied us. Then, new knowledge came to us, we broadened our horizons and found that power is not limited to spells, not limited to the dark fonts bubbling inside or even to the power we lock inside our minds like chained stars. You have heard of the Theurges, those who came before us and melded their disparate magics together. Yes, they were worthy disciples...but ultimately their vision fell short. They lacked the wisdom to see even further beyond the veil - that power is simply power. It is a profound revelation to know that the only difference between sorcerer and wizard is, in fact, their own ignorance, or that psions and warlocks have more in common than they could ever conceive. It is a greater, and more disturbing, epiphany granted to we few who broke those last barriers down. But no matter, what we sacrifice we gain back threefold and everything else will be washed away when we demonstrate our glorious revelations to all" Telepathic speech burned into the minds of the citizens of Lomand by the insane Eldritch Cerebremancer Jarret Unus after he turned them all into crystal statues

Entry Requirements:
Skills:Knowledge (arcana) 15, Knowledge (psionics) 15, Spellcraft 15, Psicraft 15
Feats: any 2 metamagic and any 2 metapsionic feats
Spells: must have access to 7th level arcane spells (prepared or spontaneous), must be able to manifest 7th level powers and must have access to Greater Invocations
Special: Must go through a ritual process that combines psionics, invocations and arcane spells that drains all power points, empties all spells slots and stops the use of invocations and eldritch blasts for 1 week afterwards. The ritual also permanently drains 2 points of Wisdom due to the devastating knowledge imparted by the melding of such potent forces.

Eldritch Cerebremancer
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Knowledge is Power|[+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class]

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class /+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class

8th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+6||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class

9th|
+6|
+3|
+3|
+6|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class

10th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+7||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class [/table]

Class Skills (3 + Int modifier per level):Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana),Knowledge (psionics), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Profession,Psicraft, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device, Use Psionic Device

Class Features:
Knowledge is Power: at every other level, the Eldritch Cerebremancer may select class features from any arcane spellcasting, psionic or 'eldritch' (requiring eldritch blast AND invocations) prestige class that they also qualify for. Characters must start at the beginning of the chain of the class feature- if one were take the Metamind's Free Manifesting ability, you would have to begin with Free Manifesting 1st, 1/day for example.
Classes greatly favoured by Eldritch Cerebremancers are Eldritch Theurge, Archmage, Eldritch Mind*, Elocater, Metamind and Acolyte of the Skin, to name a few

*I will take down Eldritch Mind at PersonMan's request

so, yeah. Criticise away. Is the class feature too bland, have I done the unspeakable by putting three classes together etc?

EDIT: it seems my table got a tad borked. Hopefully you'll still see what it's supposed to say and maybe someone can tell me how to fix it...pretty please?

VarianArdell
2011-05-16, 06:00 PM
EDIT: it seems my table got a tad borked. Hopefully you'll still see what it's supposed to say and maybe someone can tell me how to fix it...pretty please?

here's your table, fixed:
Eldritch Cerebremancer
{table=head]Level|Base Attack[br]Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
8th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+6||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
9th|
+6|
+3|
+3|
+6|Knowledge is Power|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class
10th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+7||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/+1 level of existing invocation-using class/+1 level of existing manifesting class[/table]
just as a note, you'll want to change the < and > for the break into [ and ].

as for the class itself, it seems okay, relative to the brokenness that is epic-level...

PoorHobo
2011-05-16, 06:11 PM
I thought epic AB was set at 1/2 a level, period. Does this calss break those rules or am I horribly forgetting something?

tzaan
2011-05-16, 06:20 PM
I thought epic AB was set at 1/2 a level, period. Does this calss break those rules or am I horribly forgetting something?

ha, er woops. Seems I was smart enough to read the ELH for info and general guidance but dumb enough to miss the basic stuff

@VarianArdell, ta muchly. And, yeah, epic doesn't help a DM's headache but compared to the other PrCs is it overpowered.....actually, that might be a dumb question seeing as how we're talking epic here anyway

Tacitus
2011-05-16, 07:34 PM
For Epic PrCs you don't even list BAB or Saves because they will never be relevant. Epic PrCs published by WotC lack such fields in their tables.