PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat character

Apollishar
2011-05-16, 06:49 PM
We are starting a new campaign in our group using characters from Mortal Kombat. I've decided to create Smoke. The campaign is starting at level 3, and we are using gestalt. What I've come up with so far is to gestalt Unarmed Swordsage/Duskblade, and utilize fluff (Child of Shadows maneuver becomes Child of Smoke, etc.) But, I need help in feat selection, maneuvers, and items. Anything that can be reasonably explained by altering fluff is allowed, and we have access to any 3.5 books, but everything is subject to DM approval. Help please?

Apollishar
2011-05-16, 08:56 PM
Also, all of our party are members of the lin kuei, so any organizational options are also available

Malkav
2011-05-16, 09:55 PM
Scorpion uses a harpoon. True story. I would say you need lots of alchemy for Smoke. You should always have smoke-sticks.

I would also recommend using the duskblade spell obscuring mist and having some blind-fight/sense tied in.

NNescio
2011-05-16, 09:57 PM
IIRC Scorpion was a member of the Shirai Ryu, which were mortal enemies with the Lin Kuei.

Malkav
2011-05-16, 09:58 PM
So, he needs to be aware of the harpoon.

Apollishar
2011-05-16, 10:46 PM
I was also thinking of switching to a Unarmed Swordsage/Warlock Gestalt because in the most recent game, it's revealed that he is a smoke demon in a human body and I feel like the Warlock would show that in his power progression, getting in touch with his demon powers.
and again, can fluff interchange darkness and smoke. The biggest thing is giving him the ninja feel without the ninja class. I didnt even think about alchemy. I should mention that he is human in this build.

Malkav
2011-05-17, 12:00 AM
I was also thinking of switching to a Unarmed Swordsage/Warlock Gestalt because in the most recent game, it's revealed that he is a smoke demon in a human body and I feel like the Warlock would show that in his power progression, getting in touch with his demon powers.
and again, can fluff interchange darkness and smoke. The biggest thing is giving him the ninja feel without the ninja class. I didnt even think about alchemy. I should mention that he is human in this build.

Maybe you could talk your DM into letting the warlocks darkness appear as smoke for fluff.

Apollishar
2011-05-17, 01:44 AM
Just cleared it with him about an hour ago. now I just need help on feat and item progression