PDA

View Full Version : "Murder" he Posted IC

zorba1994
2011-05-16, 06:52 PM
As you stand in a meager house in the Market District, you are assaulted by the combined smells of the hanged man's decaying corpse and the bloody remains of his wife in the hallway. A slim looking, black-haired half-elf of average height chatters nervously to you
"You see, it doesn't make any sense! The official story is that he killed her and hung himself, but it just doesn't fit that way. There's no suicide note, no murder weapon, nothing seems to fit! It's not right!" he finishes angrily. After he regains his composure, he continues
"Anyway, I'm supposed to record everything we know, so if you have any questions or need more details, just ask me. Otherwise, I won't interfere now. The name's Olek, by the way. he finishes uncertainly, and then walks off towards the corner of the room, takes out a pen, and starts writing thoughtfully.

Map of the roomhttp://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/gamecenterpodcast/MHP1-1.png

So, right now you're in exploration mode. You can poke around the crime scene, but a general perception check won't show you everything (though it will help). You need to be more specific. Don't worry about your positioning relative to combat; if combat arises, I'll just use where you were last.

geekgrrl
2011-05-16, 07:22 PM
Raz will kneel by the wife's body. She wants to figure out how the woman was killed, and what level of strength would have been needed (maybe as to judge the race). Also, looking for unnatural signs of death from the hanged man.

She is currently Dara Ichtaca, dark skinned, dark haired, practical PI of the underworld.

zorba1994
2011-05-16, 07:38 PM
The wife seems to have been killed by several blade wounds all over her her body. They seem to have been made with average strength.

The man is very dead. Mostly from hanging. You notice that his pupils are particularly dilated for someone who's dead, however.

geekgrrl
2011-05-16, 07:45 PM
She'll snap a few times near his ears, move her hands and such, to see if his eyes follow.
Even if they don't, she'll ask Olek, "Hey, do you know what could have caused this?" pointing at his eyes. "Drug use?"
No signs of a murder weapon...are there any doors in the floor? Storage rooms and such?

zorba1994
2011-05-16, 07:54 PM
Olek looks at the eyes and nods, "Yeah, that's fairly normal for Keten addicts. Their eyes dilate way more than they should. That being said, he didn't die of an overdose, that much is clear. I should write this down" he puts away the notebook he was writing in and pulls out another one, and then scribbles in it briefly. I don't believe we've specifically checked for secret doors and such, but any that do exist would have been homemade. This was an official project, and as such the documentation for the blueprints exists, and there were definitely no trap doors there."

geekgrrl
2011-05-16, 08:23 PM
She nods, and starts tapping the ground with her foot to hear out any hollow sounds like a hidden root-cellar. "Was anything missing? This could have been somebody looking for their next fix, although the setup is pretty well-done for an addict..."

How much does she know about the drug? (Effects, legality (pot vs heroin), how it's made, etc?)

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-16, 10:39 PM
Ideki looks around, looking midly bored. "Hey. Even aside from where the murder weapon is, can we tell what it was? From the wounds or something?What kind of blade? Dagger, sword, what? I mean, with that much blood, it probably wasn't anything small." Checks to see if the woman's corpse rotting as much as the guy's. Also checks to see for dilation in her pupils.

zorba1994
2011-05-16, 10:41 PM
It's clear that the murder weapon was some type of light blade. Her pupils are not dilated at all, and their corpses seem to be in more or less the same condition, sans the "bloodily stabbed" bit.

Silviya
2011-05-16, 10:52 PM
Amata looks vaguely disturbed by the bodies, especially the hanging man's corpse. "Drugs," it says "I've heard of those. Some people of flesh ingest drugs to make themselves feel happy, yes? But drugs hurt them when they stop ingesting them, or hurt them when they ingest too much . . . . I think I understand. But it wasn't the drugs that killed them . . . . ."

Amata looks at the bodies for a moment, then looks at Olek. "How long have they been dead? What is this drug the man used, exactly? Is it one of those illegal drugs that people will trade much gold for, or is it a lesser one that doesn't hurt whoever ingests it as much?" Amata pauses. "Do you anything about know who they were while they still breathed? What their jobs were, what family they had?"

zorba1994
2011-05-16, 11:00 PM
I don't know that much about it. Generally it isn't that horrible for you short term I hear, but it is illegal and extremely addictive. I wouldn't really know though. Anyhow, their family was just the two of them, and they both worked as small time merchants in the Market District. And i believe they've been dead about a day.

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-16, 11:01 PM
I make a Streetwise Check to see what I know about Keten [roll0]

synthrael
2011-05-17, 06:13 AM
Zeneth hasn't been paying much attention; conversations bore her when she can't display how much she knows. However, she does want to make herself useful. (Making herself amicable, however, is another matter entirely.)

Don't assume anything. We don't know that drugs were involved.

Without waiting for a response, she walks over to the man's corpse.

[I want to use Detect Psionics.]

synthrael
2011-05-17, 08:21 PM
A moment of concentration debunks Zeneth's clever theory: apparently, no psionics were involved. She swears in Maenad, resisting the impulse to rip down the rope and fling it across the room. Instead, she scowls at it for several seconds, until her expression abruptly smooths over.

...The ability to jump off something is usually a prerequisite for hanging oneself, I believe. And that knot... hmm.

[What furniture is there nearby? Also, I'd like to run a Perception check on the rope, especially the knot; I believe I get a Profession modifier bonus for that.]

As Zeneth investigates, she speaks, half to herself:

He was murdered. Everyone has enemies, whether they know it or not.

synthrael
2011-05-17, 08:28 PM
reposting this

A moment of concentration debunks Zeneth's clever theory: apparently, no psionics were involved. She swears in Maenad, resisting the impulse to rip down the rope and fling it across the room. Instead, she scowls at it for several seconds, until her expression abruptly smooths over.

...The ability to jump off something is usually a prerequisite for hanging oneself, I believe. And that knot... hmm.

[What furniture is there nearby? Also, I'd like to run a Perception check on the rope, especially the knot; I believe I get a Profession modifier bonus for that.]

As Zeneth investigates, she speaks, half to herself:

He was murdered. Everyone has enemies, whether they know it or not.

synthrael
2011-05-17, 08:31 PM
d20 comes out to a 17, plus +7 perception bonus, plus whatever my background bonus is if you decide I can claim one. 24, possibly more, in total.

zorba1994
2011-05-17, 08:33 PM
There is a knocked over chair nearby the hanging man. Along the walls there is a bed, as well as some drawers.

synthrael
2011-05-17, 08:40 PM
Zeneth calls over her shoulder to the others:

Whoever tied this rope had the intelligence of a drunken orc.

Perception check to rifle through the drawers: [roll0]

Silviya
2011-05-17, 08:58 PM
Amata aimlessly paces around the room, occasionally touching the walls.
"The intelligence of a drunken orc . . . . . Hmm. Or maybe they were just in a hurry to get the rope tied. Some people act like they have the intelligence of a drunken orc when in a hurry. Or was he killed by a drunken orc? No, no, of course not. I shouldn't take things literally."

Amata walks over to the hanging man, but doesn't get to close. "Zeneth, you said that everyone has enemies, and this man certainly did. But how we could find this man's enemies? Murder seems probably, especially considering that this man likely did not have an intelligence level akin to that of a drunken orc. Or did he? I doubt he was in a hurry, though, for who would be in a hurry to kill themselves? But a murderer, a murderer would have been in a hurry . . . ."

Silviya
2011-05-17, 09:31 PM
Amata will make an Arcana check to detect magic or find any traces of magic[roll0].

synthrael
2011-05-18, 03:56 PM
Zeneth shoves a drawer closed.

Nothing. Someone was here before us.

Zen's willing to consider every possibility. Hidden compartments, perhaps? Another Perception check: [roll0]

Her next remark is adressed, very quietly, to Amata.

Shardmind. Go use your disarmingly obfuscating stupidity on the half-elf. Try to get information from him: ask him what the deceased sold and where, who their main competitors were, et cetera.

geekgrrl
2011-05-18, 05:01 PM
Raz isn't really sure what to do anymore and starts to wrote up what little evidence they have. Perception roll for one last check of the floor.
[roll0]

(OOC: Seriously guys, if this guy doesn't know anything, it might be in our best interests to start going out into the field. Or that's what Raz plans to do.)

Silviya
2011-05-18, 05:08 PM
Amata walks over to Olek without giving any indication that it had heard Zeneth, though you can assume that it did.

"Olek, you said they were merchants. What sorts of things did they sell, and where in the Market District did they sell their goods? Do you know who their main competitors and main customers where? As well, do you have any sort of personal file on them, and have they committed any known crimes?"

Amata looks back at the bodies. "How old were they when they died? I can't tell. Are their parents still alive, and did they have any siblings that are still alive?"

Amata turns to Zeneth and speaks to her in her mind. Are there any other questions you can think of that I should ask?

zorba1994
2011-05-18, 07:09 PM
Olek puts away his notebook and consults another notebook: Let's see, they sell fishing equipment, it seems. Nothing is known about their other families, and they seem to be- sorry, have been, in their late twenties to mid-thirties. They sold their goods near the docks, and didn't have any big competitive rivalries to speak of. They're not on file for crimes; we had no idea about the Keten usage.

geekgrrl
2011-05-18, 09:12 PM
"Alright then." Raz stand up (she was kneeling), and brushes off her hands after she puts away her notebook. "I'm going to go check with some contacts, see if anybody might know who this guys dealer was, or if there has been any other odd deaths floating around. There just doesn't seem to be anything left to glean from this scene that I can tell."

She's going to be turning into her male form (whose name I can't recall and Mythweavers is down, I'll edit this post later) to check out the scene. Amata probably knows her intentions, Zeneth does not (she keeps her shapeshifting secret, for the most part), though anybody is free to want to tag along. :)

Silviya
2011-05-18, 10:45 PM
Amata nods. "Yes, there doesn't appear to be anything more to learn from this place. I'll take one more look around."

Amata makes a perception check, checking all the rooms in the house. [roll0]

synthrael
2011-05-19, 09:16 AM
Upon recieving the telepathic message, Zeneth's countenance remains unaltered; mentally, however, she flinches as if she's had salt poured on a moderate wound, covering her shock with a dark-edged burst of hostility.

Don't do that... at least, not without warning me first. Tell Raz I found something, but get Oren to leave. I don't know the extent to which we can trust him.

Unobtrusively, she slips the bag and the note into a pocket.

Dexterity check in case I need one to do that: d20+1

aaaargh why isn't this working: 1d20+1

(1d20+1)

(1d20+1) [12]

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-19, 08:32 PM
Ideki starts to follow Raz out, then turns and asks, "Has someone measured the rope and checked to to see how tall the man was? Cause if the ropes is too long compared to his height and the height of the stool, he definitely idn't kill himself. In fact, while were at it, has he been checked over for other injuries? Bruises or stab marks or whatever? hell, do we even know who he is? What're their names?"

OOC: Do I need a perception check for that, or is considered so obvious that I don't?

zorba1994
2011-05-19, 09:12 PM
The rope seems about the right length compared to his height.

Olek speaks up"Their names were Ilhim and Amelia Ostron. We really don't know much about them though. Never knew anything about them until now.

OOC: Obvious injuries and the rope are no-check, but if you want to look for concealed injuries, etc. you need one.

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-19, 09:23 PM
perception check for hidden injuries, like buises or stab wounds or whatever [roll0]

synthrael
2011-05-19, 09:27 PM
Can I do another Dexterity check, then?
(1d20+1)

Zeneth is more than slightly annoyed that Ideki thought of something that she didn't, and she gives the rogue a cool, yet scornful look.

I'll help.

Perception check: [roll]1d20+7[roll]
Can I have a Sense Motive check on Olek while I'm at it, too? I'm not sure how to do one of those, though...

On the way out, Zeneth jams her discovery into a pocket, eschewing subtlety (if necessary.)

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-19, 09:33 PM
Ideki ignores the scornful look, because she doesn't take it personally. "What did you find?"

Silviya
2011-05-19, 11:46 PM
Amata looks slightly startled by Zeneth's anger. It bows its head respectfully, then hesitates, unsure if it should reply out loud or telepathically. Finally it says in a low voice "My apologies, I sometimes forget that some people aren't used to being spoken to telepathically." It seems to consider saying something more, but decides not to.

It turns to Raz. Zeneth asked me to inform you that she found something. She also doesn't trust Olek.

Amata considers going over to help check for injuries on the man, but decides that Zeneth probably wouldn't like that. Instead Amata walks over and stands by Raz.

Speaking of Insight, Amata is going to make an Insight check on Olek [roll0]

OOC: Synthrael, I believe the check that you would need in 4th Edition to discreetly slip something into your pocket would be Thievery, and the check that you'd need for sense motive type things is Insight.

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-20, 06:21 PM
Ideki gestures for Amata to follow her, then goes outside, where Raz is waiting. She repeats her question.

synthrael
2011-05-20, 06:29 PM
Zeneth pulls out a package of white silvery stuff labled "Red Owls." Along with the package is a note: "Amel- this should be everything you need to know. Sorry."

Congratulate me whenever you wish to do so.

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-20, 06:49 PM
Ideki looked over at the package. "Ooh! Congratulations really are in order! This could actually, you know, be something! And--hm... Red owls...think there's a connection to the Silver Hawk? It sounds familiar...maybe Matsen told me...connection, connection... You know, a pattern: first a color, then a bird... Oh! I remember know! They're a small gang in the South Market district. " She wonders what the white silvery stuff is. She takes the packages to see what the texture is: powder, or liquid, or something else. It's a powder."Hm. I think this is Keten. While we're at it, who is Amel? Who owned this package, Ilhim or Amelia? Why were they sorry?"

synthrael
2011-05-20, 08:21 PM
In response to the monologue, Zeneth gives a self-satisfied smirk, followed by a small, unconcerned shrug.

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-20, 08:39 PM
Ideki looks over at Zeneth, too excited to care about the smugness (in all honesty, she probably wouldn't have cared anyway. Too many siblings to care.) "Hey. How did you get this? Or rather, where was it? Or both. Both would be nice."

synthrael
2011-05-21, 07:19 AM
Zeneth wonders why so much talking is nessecary, but answers anyway.

One of the drawers had a false bottom.

geekgrrl
2011-05-21, 07:55 AM
NEVERMIND I DIDN'T REALIZE THERE WAS A SECOND PAGE. XO
I'll edit this again later.

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-21, 11:59 PM
Ideki waits a beat, and when nothing more is said, shrugs. "Hm...So, now do we head on over to South Market district? Look for the Red Owls? I guess I could always ask Matsen..."

synthrael
2011-05-22, 05:21 AM
Zeneth replies with a curt nod and a couldn't-care-less shrug. "As you wish."
For her, it's an enthusiastic "yes."

geekgrrl
2011-05-22, 05:30 PM
Raz nods and scribbles the names down. "Great find! I might know somebody too. Should we split up?"

synthrael
2011-05-22, 09:53 PM
Yes, please, Zeneth mutters with a slight roll of her eyes.

Silviya
2011-05-23, 01:28 AM
"Then I shall acompany Raz, if she is alright with that," Amata says. Then it turns to Raz "Are you still going to go see those contacts?"

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-23, 10:42 PM
"And I'll go with Zeneth" says Ideki. Oddly enough, she kind of gets the feeling it's her Zeneth wants to get away from. Pity. "Where--and when-- should we meet back up again?"

Silviya
2011-05-24, 12:32 AM
"We could meet up again back here," Amata suggests. "Especially if we find something that could lead to more hidden compartments here. I'm not sure when we should meet up again, though. Do we have any way to contact each other when we're split up?"

synthrael
2011-05-24, 01:40 PM
Zeneth isn't too enthusiastic about splitting up. (Why, why, why is she stuck with the one member of the group who neither follows orders nor knows when to keep her mouth shut?) As usual, however, she hides her feelings.

Amata, how long-range is your telepathy?

Silviya
2011-05-24, 03:43 PM
"Not long range enough. I can speak to someone in their mind while they're on the other side of a room, no farther."

(OOC: The range of Amata's telepathy is 5 squares, or 25 feet.)

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-24, 04:24 PM
"Let's just meet back up in four, maybe five hours. Where are you guys heading?" asks Ideki.

synthrael
2011-05-24, 08:16 PM
Well, that'll come in handy if-or when-she needs to leave town. She still doesn't want to be stuck with Ideki, though.
We shouldn't split up. It'll be easier to nullify prospective threats if there are four of us, and if I'm stuck with thatfor a whole five hours...

Silviya
2011-05-24, 08:47 PM
Amata looks somewhat confused by Zeneth suddenly changing her mind about splitting up, as it had assumed Zeneth was more annoyed by it then by Ideki. After a few seconds of contemplating, Amata decides that Zeneth is most annoyed by whoever interacted with her last.

"Where shall we go, then? To the market district?"
(OOC: Crossed out because I forgot we were already in the Market District)

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-24, 09:05 PM
Ideki, politely ignoring the "that" comment, says ,"Sure."

synthrael
2011-05-25, 04:57 PM
Wonderful. You two are clearly the brains of the group. I'll make sure to follow your lead from now on.

If she's standing near Amata, are her thoughts at risk? The thought sets Zeneth on edge. Thinking a prayer to Vecna- which makes her feel even more uncomfortable- she strides briskly ahead, paying no mind to her fellow adventurers.

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-26, 08:11 PM
Ideki looks at her thoughtfully, but says nothing. She wonders what has her so riled up, but chooses not to ask--yet.

Silviya
2011-05-27, 12:54 AM
Amata glances at Zeneth, noticing that she is on edge. Amata's face remains as expressionless as it always is.

"We should look for the Red Owls," Amata says, aware that it is stating the obvious. "But the Market District is large, though we do know they're in the South Market District. Do any of you know anything more about them?" It turns to Olek. "Olek, do you know who this Amel who wrote the note was?"

zorba1994
2011-05-27, 05:33 PM
Olek's eyes go wide in disbelief and scolds Amata reprovingly: I just told you that the wife's name was Amelia! Ilhim must have written that note to her? Seriously, you couldn't figure that 'Amel' could be a pet name for 'Amelia'? What are we paying you for" He regains his composure, then continues. "That being said, you should probably check the Red Owl hideout. We have known where it was, but they had been a seriously minor nuisance and we hadn't bothered exterminating them; their members would just have re-formed the gang elsewhere. I can tell you how to get there."

At this stage, directions and addresses will be completely meta: You can just say "we go to the Red Owl hideout"

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-27, 06:13 PM
...we go to Red Owl hideout.

Silviya
2011-05-27, 06:38 PM
A faint pulse of green light flows through Amata, and the crystal shards that make up its body seem to almost flutter a bit, before Amata returns to normal. It looks at Olek coldly. "I am unfamiliar with this concept of 'pet names.' So no, I did not guess that 'Amel' was a pet name. And you are paying us to solve this mystery, not figure out pet names. If such names should come up again, I shall ask the others to figure them out. Now, we shall go and continue to solve this mystery."

OOC: We go to the Red Owl hideout.

zorba1994
2011-05-27, 06:52 PM
As you approach the address that Olek said was the Red Owl hideout, you expected the city to hush dramatically. Instead, it appears the same as any other street in the South Market District: Mildly run down, busy, and probably safe during the daytime.

You stand by the door and frosted glass windows, calculating what to do next.

synthrael
2011-05-27, 07:00 PM
Without so much as a glance at her fellow adventurers, Zeneth pulls her cloak's hood over her head and strides in.

Silviya
2011-05-28, 02:05 AM
Amata looks around. Everything looks so normal. Amata is slightly unnerved, painfully aware of how much it stands out from the normal surroundings. It hopes that it won't draw to much attention to the group.
It pauses, shakes off its feelings of unease, and fallows Zeneth inside.

zorba1994
2011-05-28, 11:21 AM
As you enter the room, several men sitting at tables jump to their feet and reach for their weapons. One of them snarls "Why are you here?"

Note: Combat has NOT begun yet. That doesn't mean it won't soon
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/gamecenterpodcast/MHP1-2.png

synthrael
2011-05-28, 03:47 PM
Zeneth doesn't blink.

We have an appointment.

Spot check on her surroundings, especially the man who'd spoken: (d20+7)
Bluff check: (d20+1)

Silviya
2011-05-28, 04:34 PM
Amata says nothing. It remains next to Zeneth, ready to fight if need be, but it does its best to appear non-hostile, keeping its hand off the hilt of its sword. It looks around the room calmly.

Perception check for anything out of the ordinary, especially traps: [roll0]
Do the men look like they're trained fighters? Are they wearing any armor? How high quality are their weapons?

zorba1994
2011-05-28, 05:48 PM
You notice nothing out of the ordinary (except for the men holding their weapons).

They look well equipped, even if their armor and swords look a little worn. The two closest to the front seem to be the least well equipped, while the two in the back are holding bows and arrows, and from the looks of the intricate tattoos on their faces, they look Eratti. You judge that you could probably take them as a group, however.

The one in the middle, clearly some kind of leader, laughs heartily, then narrows his gaze and replies "What kind of appointment missy?"

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-28, 10:44 PM
Ideki goes inside, and looks around, quickly sizing up the situation. She had hear the last bits of conversation, but she chooses not to say anything, since it looks Zeneth knows what she doing. That said, she shifts a bit, so that as needed, she can reach her weapons.

synthrael
2011-05-30, 08:04 PM
She still doesn't flinch. I'd prefer to speak with someone slightly higher up.

zorba1994
2011-05-30, 08:53 PM
Where do you think you are? I'm as high as it gets.

synthrael
2011-05-31, 02:12 PM
Yes, I can see that your opinion of yourself is extremely high.

Zeneth turns to Ideki.

Do you know these [extremely obscure maenad swear word from a long-forgotten dialect, translating roughly into 'accumulations of detrius?']

sue_do'nyme
2011-05-31, 10:18 PM
Ideki looks at them and grins, while drawing out her dagger. "Nope. I have no clue who these wastes of space are. Time to beat up the arrogant pissants?"

synthrael
2011-06-01, 04:48 AM
So much for the element of surprise. For once, though, Zeneth is satisfied with Ideki's words. Caught up in her feelings of annoyance, she doesn't care if she loses control.
With a fleeting, yet genuine smile, she draws her sword.

Rolling initiative: [roll0]

zorba1994
2011-06-01, 06:45 PM
The humans advance at the party, picking out their targets as they manage to surround Zeneth, and lashing out with their daggers and maces, bruising her badly. Meanwhile, the Eratti archers dash across the room, taking shots when they get the chance, hitting Ideki and Amata in the chest. You also notice that your assailants are being eerily quiet, as they do not want to draw undue attention from passersby.

One weak looking human moves to H''4''. Both attack Zeneth with daggers
Attack 1[roll0] *HIT* 4 dmg
Attack 2 [roll1] *HIT* 4 dmg

Strong looking human (red) moves to G''3'' and attempts to hit Zeneth with a mace
Attack[roll2] *HIT*
Damage[roll3]

The Eratti (green) spread across the room moving to E'2' and E'4'', then fire their longbows at Amata and Ideki respectively
Attack 1[roll4] *HIT*
Attack 2 [roll5] *HIT*
Damage 1[roll6]
Damage 2 [roll7]

Sooo... that's 15 dmg vs. Zeneth, 14 vs. Amata and 13 vs. Ideki :smalleek:

Map
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/gamecenterpodcast/MHP1-2-round1.png

Silviya
2011-06-01, 11:53 PM
Amata glances down at the arrow sticking out of its chest and seems to shudder in pain. The crystal shards that make up its body make a faint tinkling sound. "They're not making noise," Amata says in a quiet voice that's barely more than a whisper. "So . . . let's . . . make . . . NOISE!!!" Amata shouts. Bright blue green energy pulses through its body. It draws its sword and attacks the man that seems to be the leader once, and then summons up a bit of extra energy to attack again (action point), attempting channeling psionic energy towards Zeneth to shield her and close her wounds.

Before Amata's turn Amata was bloodied by the archer's attack, so its Ardent Outrage ability triggers, which means red and teal people grant combat advantage to Amata and its allies until the end of Amata's turn (I know that Ikedi and Raz wouldn't get the combat advantage because they have lower initiative then Amata, but would Zeneth get the combat advantage?)

Minor action: Amata uses Ardent Surge, targeting Zeneth. Zeneth can spend and healing surge and regains additional hit points. Zeneth also gets +1 to all attack rolls until the end of Amata's next turn.

Move action: Draw sword.

Standard action: Attack red using the Battleborn Acuity daily power.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage on a hit: [roll]2d8=6 (half damage on a miss)
Also, all of Amata's allies get a +1 bonus to attack and +2 bonus to damage while next to Amata.

(Action point) Standard action: Attack red using Energizing Strike (no augmentation).
Attack: [roll2]
Damage on a hit: [roll3]
Also, if it hits, Zeneth gets 5 temporary hit points.

Amata's current HP: 13
Action point: Used.

Silviya
2011-06-01, 11:59 PM
Ack, there was a typo in the roll for the damage of the first attack. Since editing seems to mess up die rolls, I'll just roll here: [roll0]. Though I'm not sure that it matters, because I seem to have rolled a natural 20.

zorba1994
2011-06-02, 05:39 PM
Their leader gasps and clutches at his chest, his eyes going wide, but manages to hold on and continue fighting

Red is bloodied. Very bloodied.

synthrael
2011-06-03, 07:42 AM
Zeneth sidesteps the first blow, smirking at her assailant, but she doesn't expect the second blow that hits her squarely in the back of the head. As she staggers slightly, the first man takes the opportunity to clobber her, and his companion follows suit. Her vision is beginning to darken and blur when the rush of psionic energy courses through her, strengthening her. Zeneth draws herself up, her terror transforming into fury.
"You hurt my hands," she says quietly. The words shake with rage.
Zeneth takes a deep breath and screams. It starts as a shriek, turns into an inhuman roar, and finishes with an "I arrest you in the name of the law!"
Electricity sparks around her, lashing out at the men.

she's using Thunderwave, comp problems, brb

synthrael
2011-06-03, 03:40 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
She's going to shove Red to F3 and the humans to G4 and G5, respectively... right into the tables, hopefully for some extra damage. (Can I do that?)
Also, gratuitous Intimidate check: [roll4]

synthrael
2011-06-03, 03:41 PM
Oh, and because of Ardent Surge, which I totally didn't notice, everything actually has an additional +1!
Aaand... additional bonus from bneing next to Amata, y/n? I'm going to let you do the math, because the dice roller hates me.

zorba1994
2011-06-03, 03:57 PM
The humans are knocked backwards against the tables, smashing them to splinters, and do not get back up.

The two Eratt archers glance at each other, and then one of them throws down his weapons and says "OKAYOKAYOKAY DON'T HURT ME!". The other shifts his stance to make a break for the door.

I've decided that throwing down your weapons is a free action and can be done even when it isn't your turn. However, running for it isn't, but it's clear that the southmost Green is going to break for it as soon as he gets a chance (ie, when his turn comes around)

/houserule

geekgrrl
2011-06-03, 04:48 PM
Umm, gonna say that Raz decided to keep watch outside. At signs of violence she peeks in, but it looks like these guys have got it under control for now, so she keep watch out for reinforcements.

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-03, 06:34 PM
Ideki sees that one of them is preparing to run, so she moves to E"4" and bull rushes him to stop him from escaping. [roll0]

zorba1994
2011-06-03, 06:37 PM
The Eratt that was trying to run away is smashed into the wall behind him.

I'm going to rule that that deals [roll0] damage. I mean, he got knocked into a wall.

synthrael
2011-06-04, 05:28 AM
Zeneth stalks over to the man and places a hand on his shoulder to restrain him, leaning towards him. Blood runs down her face from a shallow cut on her forehead, giving her face a feral cast.

Your friends hurt me. I suggest you think before copying them.

Intimidate check: [roll0]
Also, d6 for how many additional hit points to add to the healing surge:
[roll1]

synthrael
2011-06-04, 05:29 AM
(Sorry, my mistake: she's going up to the one who surrendered, not the one who got bull rushed.)

zorba1994
2011-06-04, 05:40 PM
The man just looks at you and nods, a bit too cowed to speak.

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-05, 01:32 PM
Ideki calmly walks over to the man she had attacked, while drawing one of her daggers. She doesn't say anything. It's not a threat so much as a "you couldn't possibly be so stupid as to try and escape now, could you?". It is very clear that if he tries to run, he will be attacked.

synthrael
2011-06-06, 08:30 PM
Zeneth scowls, unsure of what to ask. Finally she settles on:

What were you thinking?

zorba1994
2011-06-06, 11:00 PM
The man spits, then replies: "What were you thinking? I don't believe I have any idea what you are doing in our business?"

synthrael
2011-06-07, 02:47 AM
The spittle hits Zeneth's cheek. It feels like the final straw in this haystack of a day. She wipes her face, never looking away from the prisoner, her expression twisted into one of absolute rage.

You call this a buisness?

zorba1994
2011-06-07, 01:01 PM
"Yes. In a sense. Though to be fair I was using the other form of the word, as in 'things pertaining to me and only me'"

Worth mentioning: He spat at the floor, not at Zeneth... So yeah.

synthrael
2011-06-07, 02:04 PM
What about things pertaining to Amel?

Oh. Note to self: read more carefully. also, [roll0] in case I need a Bluff check.

zorba1994
2011-06-07, 03:05 PM
The man stares at you blankly. "I honestly have no idea what you're talking about"

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-07, 07:01 PM
Ideki looks down at the man she threw, who was cowering. "Who are you? Who do you work for? Do you sell keten, and to whom? Where? Have you heard of a man named Ilhim, or a woman named Amelia, known as Amel?"

zorba1994
2011-06-07, 07:20 PM
"Woah, woah, slow down. My name is Crow, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about"

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-09, 11:48 PM
Ideki looked at him skeptically, even as she moved her dagger a little bit closer to him, just enough for him to notice. "Your name is Crow. You work for the Red Owls, a possible off shoot of the Silver Hawks, and your name is Crow. Yup. Sure." She shook her head in disbelief, then continued. "Who do you work for? I want names, positions, jobs, their bosses, everything. I also want to know what you do. As in, what do you do here? Who do you talk to? What's your job? You know. The works." Her grip tightened.

zorba1994
2011-06-10, 12:19 PM
"Okay,fine. My nickname is Crow, but my real name is Kulrow. It's Eratt, most of the people couldn't pronounce it. And I am a Red Owl, and we are not associated with the Silver Hawks. What do you want?"

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-10, 04:24 PM
"I already told you: I want to know who you work for, who he or she or they work(s) for, what you do, what your boss or bosses do, etc. For now. I have other questions, but we can start with those."

zorba1994
2011-06-10, 05:29 PM
We're the Red Owls. We do stuff. He says impassively.

geekgrrl
2011-06-10, 05:52 PM
Raz steps in to join the investigation.
"Stuff? I've heard better excuses from (rival gang). Look, we're not going to hurt you right now, and if you help us, we may be able to protect you."

zorba1994
2011-06-10, 06:18 PM
"Look, I have done nothing wrong. Within reason."

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-10, 06:39 PM
Ideki start to move her dagger closer to his face. "Look. I am really patient. I know how to deal with recalictrant brats like you. But today, I just don't feel like it. I have alreay asked you three times. Now either give me the answers I know you have, in detail, or learn the results of stupidity. I garauntee you wil not like the results. Start talking."

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-10, 07:18 PM
Intimidate check[roll0]

zorba1994
2011-06-10, 07:19 PM
"Okay, okay, no need to be hasty, but you are being vague. What is it exactly that you want to know. Everything I've told you so far is true.

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-10, 07:23 PM
Ideki gritted her teeth, took a deep breath, and slowly exhaled, glaring at Crow. "Fine, then. One question at a time, since your brain can't seem to handle more. I'll even be really, really detailed, so that not even you, with your unsurpassed ability to not understand, will comprehend--yes, I know, big word-- what I'm asking for.
1. Who do you work for? I want their names, their jobs, their bosses, etc. Got that?"

zorba1994
2011-06-10, 07:30 PM
"Listen, I'm not sure what you're thinking, but we here run (well, ran) a small operation. My boss, if you could call him that, is over there on the floor" He says, pointing at red. "Other than him, it was the four of us, plus one or two others that had the fortune not to show up today." He then pauses, and helpfully adds "His name was Lano. The boss."

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-10, 07:34 PM
"Very good! You answered the question! What a good boy." Ideki cooed saccharinely, sarcasm pretty much dripping from the words. "On to number 2. What did you do here? What was the point of this mini-playhouse? What was your job?"

zorba1994
2011-06-10, 07:35 PM
"Nothing much. I wasn't involved much at all on the business end of the operation."

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-10, 07:36 PM
"What did they do?" She asked, her anger rather obvious.

zorba1994
2011-06-10, 07:37 PM
"It was a small Keten selling operation. Nothing major. I mean, almost everyone does that."

synthrael
2011-06-11, 05:32 AM
After her fellow adventurers stepped in to interrogate the prisoner, Zeneth realized how close she'd come to a complete loss of control. Shaking, she retreated to a sitting position against the wall and took deep, slow breaths. Now, however, the maenad lifted her head.

Ever sell to Ilhim and Amelia Ostron? They're elves. Merchants. They look sort of like...

Zeneth produces a sketchpad from her bag. She mutters to herself, her chewed-on pencil dancing across the page.

...like this!

Zeneth presents her picture with a flourish. She's managed to produce a pretty good likeness of the couple as they looked when they were alive; it's not her best work, but anyone who's seen the subjects would be able to recognize them.

zorba1994
2011-06-11, 11:23 AM
"I don't believe so. I wasn't really involved on the selling end."

synthrael
2011-06-12, 06:19 PM
Zeneth's eyes narrow, catlike under dark brows.

This one doesn't know anything. Let's kill him and leave.

She wouldn't, of course- she's sworn never to kill again- but the man doesn't know that, and she doesn't mind.

Bluff check: [roll0]

zorba1994
2011-06-12, 06:34 PM
The man's eyes go wide "Wait! No! I mean, I really wasn't in the selling end of the deal, but basically, this guy, he was behind on his payments. So they tell us to go where he lives and take his stuff. Well, we arrive there, and he's already dead. So my friend you killed over there, he decides to kill his wife instead. I really didn't do much! Don't kill me!"

synthrael
2011-06-14, 04:08 AM
Zeneth beams, a disconcerting full-sized smile, although it vanishes nearly as quickly as it arrived. "Perfect. Now, was that so hard?" She turns to Amata.
My telepathy is longer-range than yours. I'll contact headquarters, you tie up these pieces of [untranslatable.] They can spend a nice night in the cells thinking about how clever it was to attack an officer of the Guard.Touching the cut on her cheek- which might even leave another scar- she glares at Crow.
Quietly, lips almost unmoving, she adds:
Thanks, pet rock. You saved my life.Unusually, actual fondness tinges her voice.

Silviya
2011-06-15, 02:38 AM
Amata nods to Zeneth and walks calmly over to Crow.
"We're going to take you back to the rest of the Guard. They'll throw you in the dungeons, I'm sure. You've committed a fair number of crimes. Have you ever been to the dungeons before? I'm sure it's not pleasant. However, it doesn't have to be so unpleasant." Amata leans closer to Crow. "If you gave us a bit of useful information without being directly asked, for example, I might put in a good word for you. I'm not picky. Any information you have about Ilhim and Amelia would be much appreciated. Information about other crime organization, information about where you get your drugs, information about who else you were dealing with, information about who would want to kill Ilhim, information about where we might find papers documenting your previous dealings. All of that would be useful. The more information you give me, the better things will be for you. I'm sure you know at least a bit more."

Amata turns to the others. "We should search this place. We might find something useful."

Intimidate check on Crow: [roll0]
Diplomacy check on Crow: [roll1]

synthrael
2011-06-15, 02:43 PM
Zeneth is already looking around, tossing objects aside seemingly at random.
Perception check: [roll0]

zorba1994
2011-06-15, 05:57 PM
"Wait, wait. I know a guy. He's in the Silver Hawks. His name, well I don't know his real name, but he's an eladrin that goes by Iver. He's tall, has an earring, green eyes, silver hair."

Silviya
2011-06-15, 06:42 PM
"Of course, of course," Amata says, a tinge of annoyance in its voice. Then its voice rings loudly in Crow's mind:
How about you give me real information now? And how about this: the next time you try to give me false information, I'll make your sentence worse. It's not possible that you would know absolutely nothing more. I said already, I'm not picky about information. I just care that the information is truthful.

zorba1994
2011-06-15, 06:46 PM
Crow recoils into a ball and mumbles something about not knowing anything.

Silviya
2011-06-15, 08:49 PM
Amata still doesn't understand the way people react when it speaks to them in their minds. For Amata, its perfectly normal, and it can't understand that it isn't normal for everyone else.
Without another word, Amata walks away from Crow and begins helping Zeneth search the room.

Perception check: [roll0]

synthrael
2011-06-16, 04:14 PM
Zeneth, having not found anything of interest, sits on a table, legs swinging idly. She uses her telepathic powers to pick up a mug and make it spin in the air; however, that quickly loses its interest, and the mug clatters to the floor.

He was lying to us, you know.

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-16, 07:35 PM
"Oh? What about?" asks Ideki curiously. "Actually, while we're at it, which one of them?"

synthrael
2011-06-17, 07:37 PM
Zeneth makes an aimless gesture.

You know. Glorified Sparrow over there.

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-17, 07:50 PM
Ideki snorts. "How painfully accurate. What was he lying about?"

synthrael
2011-06-19, 05:05 AM
Zeneth just shrugs.

Is it just me, or does the building have a second story? Also, Streetwise check to see if I know anything about Crow: [roll0]

Silviya
2011-06-19, 02:51 PM
"He was lying about the Eladrin member of the Silver hawks. Maybe about other things as well," Amata says, pacing around the room idly.

Arcana check to detect traces of magic in the room: [roll0]
Also, yeah, from the map it looks like the building has a second story.

synthrael
2011-06-19, 08:04 PM
Zeneth abruptly heads upstairs.

synthrael
2011-06-23, 08:35 PM
Just as unexpectedly, she stomps back down.
There's nothing here. Let's just go.

sue_do'nyme
2011-06-23, 10:43 PM
Ideki turns to Amata and asks, "Wait, so if he was lying about the Eladrin guy, what is the truth? Do you know? What else was he lying about?" She looks about at him. "Maybe we should take him with us, as a prisoner..."

Silviya
2011-06-27, 02:45 AM
Amata shrugs. "He could have been lying about anything he told us, I suppose.". It turns to Crow. "Were you lying about the other things you told us? If you were lying and you admit it right now and tell us the truth, there will be no negative consequences for you."

Amata continues pacing, muttering to itself. "What now? Where do we go next? Can we get more information from him? Hmm . . . . ."

synthrael
2011-06-28, 04:27 PM
I'm leaving; do what you will.

Cheerful (not!) as always, Zeneth exits haughtily.