PDA

View Full Version : New Contest Idea...?

Cyanidesoul
2011-05-17, 02:00 AM
So I was reading various D&D related blogs... and one thing I discovered was the one-page dungeon concept which seemed extremely awesome. But most of the dungeons are for AD&D, OD&D and old school retro clones. I thought it would be awesome to see some dungeons posted on GITP in the style of the one page dungeon. Maybe we could even do a competition around it? Either way it'd be great to see more maps and encounters in the homebrew forum!:smallbiggrin:

Cyanidesoul
2011-05-17, 02:04 AM
Just what is the One Page dungeon? Why I'm glad you asked! Click on the following link to find out more... (I think it explains it a lot better than I ever could)

http://shamsgrog.blogspot.com/2009/05/one-page-dungeons.html

Wyntonian
2011-05-17, 06:40 PM
This sounds interesting.... I'll see if i can whip a lil somethin up. Get in touch with the people that have made some pretty extensive worlds, they might be interested. (Jallorn did Ferar, whoever made Hourglass and Z-R, I'm forgetting their names)

Fable Wright
2011-05-17, 06:54 PM
This sounds interesting.... I'll see if i can whip a lil somethin up. Get in touch with the people that have made some pretty extensive worlds, they might be interested. (Jallorn did Ferar, whoever made Hourglass and Z-R, I'm forgetting their names)
Zeta Kai and arguskos, respectively.

Cyanidesoul
2011-05-17, 09:41 PM
Maybe even similar things to what the old AD&D Book of Lairs I & II, and Moongoose's Book of Ecounters and Lairs did could be done? -that is, taking a monster and describing an encounter with it in it's lair - it's tactics, treasure and roleplaying notes or adventure hooks (usually with a map)

NineThePuma
2011-05-19, 12:36 AM
I would love this project, and the resulting encounters/dungeons/etc. Would see use.

Cyanidesoul
2011-05-19, 09:27 PM

Sounds good!:smallbiggrin: