PDA

View Full Version : Better Roll a High Will Save This Time...

Maralais
2011-05-17, 10:04 AM
So, today I realized how messed up my will was, and so I decided to actually keep myself away from something and came up with an oath, for an indefinite period of time. It contains:
-Not eating anything except normal breakfast, lunch, dinner and fruits(I have bloody 20 kilos to lose)
-not using computer for more than 2 hours a day(because I started to look like I'm glued to it)
-studying what I actually need to study

my friends say that after three weeks I can see the effects of my lessened eating, and I'm pretty sure the others will be effective quite soon.

I just hope I won't break it too soon, and I'll try and post everyday how stuff is going on.

Thanks for reading.

Icewalker
2011-05-17, 02:37 PM
That is excellent. That kind of determination is always an incredible thing, and you're going to get a lot more done and end up a lot healthier for it.

Haruki-kun
2011-05-17, 03:23 PM
Just remember never to break it. There is no "just this once". *nod* That's the only thing that works for me.

Mikhailangelo
2011-05-17, 05:25 PM
Just remember never to break it. There is no "just this once". *nod* That's the only thing that works for me.

Yeah, that - You break an oath for a good reason, it's not long before you're breaking it for a bad one, et cetera

DraPrime
2011-05-17, 05:29 PM
Good for you! It takes a lot of spine to stick to these sorts of things. It might not feel fun sometimes, but by the end you'll be far more satisfied than you would have been otherwise. I did a similar thing while the academic year was still going, and I ended up having the best grades in my life. So keep to it!

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-17, 05:57 PM
I have a will save of -10, or something equally ridicilous.:smallfrown:

rakkoon
2011-05-18, 06:49 AM
I lost 10 kilo's that way. I'd like to lose 3 more but that's where my will isn't strong enough anymore. Try and set goals to reach, that might help motivate you, like lose x kilos every month or such.

Delwugor
2011-05-20, 04:08 PM
I failed my Will save and am eating Twizzlers right now.

I love drinking good beer (Skullsplitter is one of my favorite), consequently I have at least one beer a night. But in my family where I'm the only adult male who is not an alcoholic. So every other month I stop drinking for a week just to make sure that I'm the one in control.

grimbold
2011-05-20, 04:15 PM
Yeah, that - You break an oath for a good reason, it's not long before you're breaking it for a bad one, et cetera

this is my problem with every oath ever

good luck

Maralais
2011-05-20, 04:23 PM
Well, my rolls have been decent for now. I only seem to "prolong" my computer time a bit rather repetitively, but I managed to overcome that one too today.

Maralais
2011-06-20, 10:34 AM
Well, I've lost 5 kilos! Would you look at that. It really seems to work, and I just hope I won't get a warning for necromancy for posting this:smallbiggrin:(though it's less than 6 weeks)

Deth Muncher
2011-06-20, 05:43 PM
Well, I've lost 5 kilos! Would you look at that. It really seems to work, and I just hope I won't get a warning for necromancy for posting this:smallbiggrin:(though it's less than 6 weeks)

Since you've got to fulfill both requirements for Necromancy, I doubt it. At least someone here is good at their weight-loss goals. I'm sure not. :P

Elm11
2011-06-23, 08:19 AM
Wow. I should really start following this advice!

Xiander
2011-06-23, 08:45 AM
The most important part of loosing weight, is being consequent about ones' diet plan. No keeping your weight low, that's the killer.
Good luck with it.

By the way, I admire your willpower, if only i could keep to my studies instead of goofing of.

Gaius Marius
2011-06-23, 01:02 PM
You should report weekly of your capacity to success or fail. That way, we can shower you with praises or shame.

Plus, publicly taking oaths and publicly having it bein followed is a good moral support to help you resist.

Maralais
2011-06-23, 01:37 PM
Well, this week's not going well. I ate quite a lot of sweets, but I have a tiny hope that it won't affect much. My guess? I'll still be at the loss of 5 kilos, so yay for stagnation.

I guess I should do some sports if I want to lose 20 more kilos by the end of the summer...

Asta Kask
2011-06-23, 01:47 PM
The best roll is the one you don't have to make. Try to minimize temptation.