PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Legends (IC)

Tsumeken
2011-05-17, 02:17 PM
The town of Alisi sat in a small corner of the world today but it's granduer still shone. The streets were well maintained, crime was low, and the local peasentry were at peace. Recently though a stir of unrest has taken hold of the citizens causing this once picturesque town to begin declining into just another city that was once so fair.

You have arrived here for your differing reasons. Whether they be work, adventure, or even seeing the sights. You now find yourselves in the market of town which is unusaly crowded this day with customers and onlookers who came hearing of a rare treat on display. A sword known as "Daemon Queller" former possesion of the high palidain of Pelor (since we'll use dnd Dieties) was to be shown on to all who wished to see it's bueaty before it would make it's own pilgrimage to the holy city of Giliant and be placed in it's final resting place with it's master.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-17, 02:44 PM
Wraith walks through the gate of the city, why his mentor had wanted him to come here he had no clue, but he'd said that he'd know when he saw it. He kept his sword strapped to his coat and his face hidden in the shadows if his hat. Gazing back at the caravan he had travelled with, and the other guard, a fellow warrior, an interesting one at that, he chooses to press on without the payment they had promised, the trail bars and clearwater tablets covered it.

He takes a brisk pace as he goes through the town, much like his namesake, and looks for whatever it was he was sent here for.

Squeejee
2011-05-17, 05:35 PM
Magnathus

Magnathus hangs out near the edge of the crowd, checking out the sword while keeping a hand on the reins of his horse. There was something he was supposed to be doing... Oh, right. Maybe I'll just hang out here a little longer, though. That sword is really cool.

Wait a minute, tourists carry loads of gold! On the edge of the crowd, Mag sets up a food stand, making sure to cast prestidigitation to make the smell more potent and appealing.

Profession check to sell cheap food to the crowd: [roll0]

Edit: Hey! Nice roll!

Torgarn
2011-05-17, 05:41 PM
The lanky, weak looking man stands wrapping in billowy robes. A turban on his head, only his eyes are exposed. Looking around constantly alert, the man feels nothing for the holy relic being displayed. A weapon was a weapon and was only useful if it was wielded. Burying a weapon with it's previous owner was foolishness. it should be given to a worthy wielder, to be used in actual combat. He glances at his fellow guard, while their travel had been uneventful, he could tell by the way that the man walked that he was a decent warrior. One who learnt the sword well, they all walked that way. As if coiled as a spring, ready to spring into action at any moment. He was looking for a better job and such men usually had such things falling on them. He would follow him into town.

Tsumeken
2011-05-19, 03:00 PM
Magnathus: You easily find people willing to purchase your wares and end up making 12 gold pieces from the sales

Wraith &... turban guy whose name escapes me at moment :smalltongue: :
People come and go from the relic and before you know it half an hour has passed, a street vendor dealing in food stuffs seems to have made out well with both choice of location and the onlookers loose wallets.

The sun is begining to set as the crowd thins out leaving at most ten more lookie~loo's, or at least what seem to be. Three of the men rush the display case with the blade, one brandishing a rather wicked looking floail while the others are unarmed at the moment, they seem intent on taking possesion of the holy blade.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-19, 04:24 PM
Great... just what i need, a bunch of idiots, Wraith thinks sarcastically before quickly making his way to the flail wielder, drawing his sword in an instant and slashing at him, not entirely aiming to kill but to disable, as far as he knew they were human, and he prefered not to kill non-demons.

Attack: [roll0]
Iaijutsu Focus: [roll1]

Nonlethal damage so -4 penalty on attack rolls
Bonus damage from Iaijutsu [roll2]
10-14: +1d6
15-19: +2d6
20-24: +3d6
25-29: +4d6

Squeejee
2011-05-19, 07:09 PM
Magnathus

"Hey! Don't do that! Hey! HEY!

Magnathus briefly considers running a at them. Very briefly. Then he comes to his senses and fires a Ray of Clumsiness at the armed one.

What, no initiative rolls? If I go first, not only am I not firing into melee, but I could lower his AC enough to get Edro a hit.

Initiative: [roll0]
Ray to hit: [roll1]
Ray DEX penalty: [roll2]

Ugh. Then again, with those rolls, there's not much I can do.

After his shot goes wide, Mag runs behind his horse, hoping nobody noticed him.

Torgarn
2011-05-19, 10:12 PM
Garreth stares at the event unfolding, emotionlessly weighing the pros and cons of interfering. He makes his decision and stretches his body. Patches of fur begin to grow from his skin. He falls to all fours as his face begins to give way to a muzzle. His clothes fall to the ground where he stood. In his place a great orange and black tiger stands.

Full round action to shift into tiger form.

Tsumeken
2011-05-23, 02:15 PM
The men seemed surprised and shocked at noting how quickly they had attracted resistance, they figured it would be a good few moments before the city guard would be able to respond. They dodge your attacks rather easily however they are completely unprepared to fight you off (in other words take a free round as they ovecome the suddeness of you all here)

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-23, 03:31 PM
Leveling his glare, and his sword, at the apparent leader of the group, Wraith simply makes it clear he is not in the mood to be dealing with these idiots. His eyes flare red, "You're annoying me," he shouts bringing his now ruby red sword down on the man.

Fighting Challenge (ditching a 1st level spell to use; +1 on damage and attack rolls) and Smite (+Cha to attack and damage, +1 extra damage if he's evil)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (+4 if he's evil)

SIDE NOTE: Forgot to mention that i'm taking the mindblade ACF at 2nd level (where it overlays my katana and increases it's damage) and that's why i have yet to manifest it.

Tsumeken
2011-05-25, 02:35 PM
The man must have been stuneed by your glare because he does not even try to defend himself as you easily cleave him, the two lackys seem to have daggers ready but are visably shaken by the leaders death.

Squeejee
2011-05-25, 05:07 PM
Magnathus

Mag peeks around his horse, watching the leader go down. Hey! Maybe I'll get a reward for helping these guys out! He directs magical energy at the ground beneath the two still standing raiders and whispers:

"Grease."

Then he returns to hiding behind his horse.

In case it isn't clear, I cast grease into the melee, attempting to catch both remaining opponents in the 10-ft square. Ref save DC 15 or fall prone, if they save then they are still flat footed from having to balance.

Tsumeken
2011-05-27, 02:29 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

One of the men falls dropping his weapon while the other merely slips slightly but manages to catch himself before falling, he then turns to run opting to save himself at the expense of the clusmy accomplice.

Torgarn
2011-05-29, 12:57 AM
Garreth runs at the nearest man, biting out at him.
attack roll [roll0] damage [roll1]