PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft Thread VI: All the Blocks Just Form this Way

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Scuzzball
2011-05-17, 02:32 PM
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/MCThreadBanner.png
Terry576 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=41225) made a very nice banner.
Previous Threads:
Ssssssss... Minecraft (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164347)
Minecraft Thread II: Just One More Block (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171864)
Minecraft Thread III: Zombie Pigs Eventually Forgives (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177349).
Minecraft Thread IV:Life's A Birch And Then You Dye (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183503)
Minecraft Thread V: Don't fear the Creeper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190226)

This thread is by no means primarily for my server, it is for all things minecraft-related, it's just we tend to talk about the server a lot here. So come, be merry, and build amazing things.

Server Stuff
The server I run is open to this community, and really anyone else. If you want to be added to the whitelist, add your name to this (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqU4LU4RNy0AdEZqY1VudzdDaDRxTEN3NTR6Z2hvM Wc&authkey=CKedzfgI&hl=en#gid=0) spreadsheet, and make a post in the thread.
http://scuzzball.serveftp.com:8080/status.png
"scuzzball.serveftp.com:25565"

Mods/Admin Software: The list is on the whitelist

Server Rules
General rules to follow while on the server.

Don't be a ****
Swearing is censored(Cause it was easier to do than not, not that it was ever a problem)
Don't steal peoples stuff
Don't break stuff that isn't yours
Use common sense

Rules for the section of the server that is RPTown:

The setting is fantasy, after a dragon attacks our ship, causes it to wreck, and leaves our characters stranded. Certain steampunk elements (jukeboxes, TNT, minecarts) are allowed, of course.
There are no classes, but most characters do have jobs and specific skills as a result of their backgrounds. Use your own discretion.
Characters should be tied to skins, but the character's name should be used in description whenever possible, as well.
Keep RP things within the RPtown area, please. This includes grudges and so on.
There is no commitment here -- play when you want to, go build and explore elsewhere when you don't. Easy enough, right?
RP should be surrounded by quotes. Dialogue can simply go inside the quotes, and extra description and action are to be within asteriks inside the quotes, to make it clear to people not inside the RP. This is a good way to use names. "Like this, you see? *Deme shuts her book and waves it* I hope that's clear."
Bringing objects is limited at first, except for building materials it would be hard or impossible to get on the landmass, but are still good for characters, like brick or mossy cobble.
However, when a character starts, they can bring a few objects and tools appropriate to the character, for fun's sake. These are objects like tools and items, appropriate to their background -- the things they may have had in what bags they could grab *quickly* or on their person. Again, use your own judgement.
PVP = A-OK. Destroying structures or stealing items, on the other hand will require advance permission from the victim and will require in-story justification, not just for lulz. Otherwise, it shall be declared griefing.
If you want to temporarily "break character" and build a labrynth or a temple of doom to serve as an adventure, feel free. This can apply for groups as well.
If you need people to play special monsters or NPCs for your plot, ask around -- you don't have to (and probably shouldn't) reveal too much until you have some takers, and then, mainly to those who need to know.
The ability to re-spawn after death is a new, strange, magical ability that only happened after the wreck. The characters wouldn't know it at first. The same, of course, applies to the monsters that fester up from the ground after dark...
When building in RPtown, be sensible. Obey whatever laws of physics apply to your character or building materials, be respectful of others' spaces. Unlike regular minecraft, these buildings have to make sense in an IC way.
Most importantly, have fun. Be curious and adventurous and not afraid to bruise the apples with chaos and conflict a little.

IronCraft
IronCraft is a Minecraft building competition in the spirit of Iron Chef.

Do not build in the Ironcraft world unless you are a current contestant, a judge, the chairman (forbiddenwar) or Scuzzball.

Rules are:
Teams consist of no more than 6 players.
Build only with the materials provided to you by the chairman, admin or mod
Build only within set boundary for each team.
Violating rules will result in disqualification

PEOPLE TO CONTACT WHEN SERVER BREAKS
{table=head]Name|Steam Name|Skype Name
Scuzzball|Scuzzball|sdafeds
Memnarch|memnarch|
[/table]

HalfTangible
2011-05-17, 02:43 PM
Smell the new thread... smells like chips and leather...

Oh wait that's my chair

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-17, 02:45 PM
Could we add IronCraft to the OP.

Something like:
IronCraft is a Minecraft building competition in the spirit of Iron Chef.

Do not build in the Ironcraft world unless you are a current contestant, a judge, the chairman (forbiddenwar) or Scuzzball.

Rules are:
Teams consist of no more than 6 players.
Build only with the materials provided to you by the chairman, admin or mod
Build only within set boundary for each team.
Violating rules will result in disqualification

The-Mage-King
2011-05-17, 03:05 PM
Woo! New thread! I still think it should be "Seasons Don't Fear the Creeper", though.

Cobalt
2011-05-17, 03:09 PM
Also, the previous thread needs to be added to the OP listing, when there's a chance to.

Phhase
2011-05-17, 04:51 PM
Why a new thread?

IthilanorStPete
2011-05-17, 05:02 PM
Why a new thread?

The forum policies limit threads to being at most 50 pages long.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-17, 05:03 PM
Okay, so I made a random new game with some awesome features. Floating blocks, wicked overhangs and arches, a freeking HUGE tunnel system not ten blocks down, with occasional peeks from the surface (that you have to dodge if you don't want to go down there)...

How can I tell what the seed is, because this place is too epic to not share.

Silverraptor
2011-05-17, 05:31 PM
Yay!

*Subscribes*

Cobalt
2011-05-17, 06:03 PM
I keep forgetting that I spawned two blocks away from a sand-covered dungeon on my single-player world. I just get so preoccupied with coal and with trees that I forget to check it out. It has nothing at all to do with any completely rational fear of the mobs and monsters in Minecraft. Oh no, not at all. I'm not waiting for a diamond sword and armor before I even glance towards my dungeon-spawn again in any way, shape or form. Not a coward. Not this guy.

It was actually poking up out of the ground two blocks down and ten blocks over from where I spawned, in a pit on the beach. I dug one block of sand and looked to its left and thought 'oh hey cobblestone what did i build here oh god this is a new world.' I'll get to it. And some day its treasures of possible saddles and apples will be mine. Mine.

Some day... some day...

The-Mage-King
2011-05-17, 06:07 PM
I've found a new continent on the server. A Teleporter has been set up, so if you're in Spawntown, take the teleporter and check it out. It's in Spawnworld, I should add.

grimlata
2011-05-17, 09:17 PM
Just added Luigisno1 to the whitelist, he's a jolly good fellow

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-17, 09:39 PM
Have you guys seen/downloaded/explored the Studio Ghibli minecraft map someone made?

I've been wandering around in it for 2 days now, it's just amazing.

http://kotaku.com/5802158/studio-ghibli-meets-minecraft

Jimorian
2011-05-17, 11:30 PM
Okay, so I made a random new game with some awesome features. Floating blocks, wicked overhangs and arches, a freeking HUGE tunnel system not ten blocks down, with occasional peeks from the surface (that you have to dodge if you don't want to go down there)...

How can I tell what the seed is, because this place is too epic to not share.

Upload your level.dat file to http://mc.42nex.us/

It will give you the numeric value of your seed. If you just let the program make a random world, this will still find the seed for it. If you used letters/characters as part of your seed instead of a pure number, you will get back the numeric equivalent for it, but not your original phrase you used. It will still be the same seed.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-17, 11:56 PM
*obligatory post in new thread*

I wonder how long it will take him to get the next update done.

Silverraptor
2011-05-18, 12:10 AM
*obligatory post in new thread*

I wonder how long it will take him to get the next update done.

"Coming Soon"

:smalltongue:

Frankelshtein
2011-05-18, 12:23 AM
"Coming Soon"

Valve-time has nothing on Notch-time

Lady Tialait
2011-05-18, 12:47 AM
"Coming Soon"

I thought his blog said "Not soon."

BladeofOblivion
2011-05-18, 01:40 AM
Well. I played SSP today, and almost died. Stupid Creepers walking into lava so I can't get the sulfur. :smallannoyed:

Phhase
2011-05-18, 06:31 AM
How to Kill Creepers:
1. Gleanst thou a sword of diamond.*
2. Findst yourselfe a Creeper (From a distance)
3. Throw thineself at the creeper, hit once before it flashes, and once it starts
4. Enjoye thine spoils, reagents that allow thou to generate blasts like the Creepers themselves

*Or, if thou ist a cowarde, craft thineself a Bow and Arrows, and slay the Creeper from afar

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-18, 06:47 AM
If only creeper spawners existed. farming sulpher would be so much easyer.

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-18, 10:08 AM

You're correct. He never said coming soon.

littlebottom
2011-05-18, 10:12 AM
How to Kill Creepers:
1. Gleanst thou a sword of diamond.*
2. Findst yourselfe a Creeper (From a distance)
3. Throw thineself at the creeper, hit once before it flashes, and once it starts
4. Enjoye thine spoils, reagents that allow thou to generate blasts like the Creepers themselves

*Or, if thou ist a cowarde, craft thineself a Bow and Arrows, and slay the Creeper from afar

i use the sword method offline, and the bow one online since that minor lag makes it too difficult to kill it before it blows up with a sword

Silverraptor
2011-05-18, 12:03 PM

Did you ever see how many years Blizzard had "Coming Soon" plastered over Starcraft 2?:smallconfused::smallamused:

HalfTangible
2011-05-18, 12:25 PM
Did you ever see how many years Blizzard had "Coming Soon" plastered over Starcraft 2?:smallconfused::smallamused:

That's Blizzard. The idea of a release date being hit right without a delay is foreign to them

Silverraptor
2011-05-18, 12:50 PM
That's Blizzard. The idea of a release date being hit right without a delay is foreign to them

But the thing is, they made their release day.:smallamused: They never said the date it was ever going to come out. They just said, "Coming Soon" until they were all done with everything.:smalltongue:

HalfTangible
2011-05-18, 12:54 PM
But the thing is, they made their release day.:smallamused: They never said the date it was ever going to come out. They just said, "Coming Soon" until they were all done with everything.:smalltongue:

Shush :smalltongue:

Lady Tialait
2011-05-18, 01:21 PM
Coming Soon means "Before you die....maybe."

Tyndmyr
2011-05-18, 01:46 PM
I finally tried this game last night. Im hooked. A server is happening.

Suggestions for this server are welcome. Assume I have sufficient cash that no reasonable amount of hardware is a problem.

I would also like to be added to the whitelist of the giantitp server. Username: Tyndmyr

AgentPaper
2011-05-18, 02:29 PM
There already is a server, hosted by scuzz. I guess you could host your own, but that seems kinda pointless.

Tyndmyr
2011-05-18, 02:34 PM
Oh, Im hosting one...but there's no point doing the same thing as Scuzz. I intend to extend functionality a lot via this upcoming mod API.

The bennies of being a professional coder/SA is that when I get into a game, I have very few limits on what I can do with it.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-18, 02:35 PM
So, are you any good at Modding Java games?

Tyndmyr
2011-05-18, 02:44 PM
Java is one of my best friends. That said, hacking the server might not be a big thing with the upcoming mod api. If it's at all useful, you should be able to extend the server with any language.

I don't claim to be an expert on Minecraft yet, though. Ive been playing for less than 24 hours, and have ever so much to do in it yet. The possibilities are...if not endless, then at least close. So, ideas for new things are the big thing.

memnarch
2011-05-18, 02:59 PM
Well, server modding-wise, maybe check out Bukkit and make plugins (http://bukkit.org/)?

Tyndmyr
2011-05-18, 03:14 PM
Im aware of the existing server options...but they're subject to breakage with every patch. I might use something like that if I really have to(and for testing before the API comes), but I have hope that the API will avoid this, allowing a much more reliable customization.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-18, 03:15 PM
Well, I thought something that would be awesome would be runecraft, but that you could have portable.

Perhaps you put the items in for the Crono Trigger rune, and then it makes a wand that uses 10 Redstone from your inventory to change day and night.

Don't know how possible that is, or how complex.

Tyndmyr
2011-05-18, 03:18 PM
Environment magic would be pretty epic. Imagine if there was a wand/scroll that'd summon a thunderstorm...

The day/night thing should be doable. With...interesting repercussions.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-18, 03:43 PM
Environment magic would be pretty epic. Imagine if there was a wand/scroll that'd summon a thunderstorm...

You know....a spell that summoned a lightning bolt right infront of you would be epic awesome. Without the rain it makes for a fairly potent weapon. Just dont' use it on Pigs...or Creepers!...lol

Mind you.....I'm not sure it would doable.

Tyndmyr
2011-05-18, 03:52 PM
You know....a spell that summoned a lightning bolt right infront of you would be epic awesome. Without the rain it makes for a fairly potent weapon. Just dont' use it on Pigs...or Creepers!...lol

Mind you.....I'm not sure it would doable.

Oh, everything's possible. It's just a matter of how much work. Things involving lightning bolts sound pretty epic, IMO.

Can't wait to get home and set this up on my servers. I'm travelling this week, so the laptops work aright for experimenting now, but tinkering with this on the permanent home sounds fantastic.

I'm pretty sold on the idea of investigating and extending runecraft.

Phhase
2011-05-18, 04:05 PM
I have a brilliant idea for staffs whirling around in my head. Would it be possible to extend runecraft so you could craft different types of staff with stick and other stuff to create different right-click effects when enchanted with a specific rune?

Example:
# Uncharged Fire staff
|
| Where |= Stick and #=coal.
Use on Fire Imbue Rune to Create a Fire Staff with tier*5 charges. Shoots a stream of fire on right click, 3 damage and set on fire. Blocks are set on fire.
May be recharged, but only when empty. 2 second delay between shots. Does not work underwater.

Is that possible?

memnarch
2011-05-18, 04:21 PM

There's a plugin on the server that let's mods/admins throw lightning bolts around. Edit: there's also the option to have it create an explosion at the lighting strike point, but that's disabled (as it destroys stuff).

Something that I think would be the best bukkit plugin ever, would be to create "microchiping" for redstone. It would be a (theoretically) fairly simple idea; use a double-chest as a block grid with different block types for the different redstone items and configurations. A sign would need to be placed next to both chests labeling the chest as the microchip block. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/thumb/c/c1/Redstone_Simulator_Guide.png/800px-Redstone_Simulator_Guide.png]

For example, Air would be a blank spot, Block would be a cobble block in the chest, Redstone Torch would be a normal torch for on the ground placement or one of the stone tools for designating the block side it's placed on (axe for north block, pickaxe for east block, etc.), and so on. Only down side would be that it can only be one layer.

Edit: you want on the server, put your name exactly as spelled on the spreadsheet linked in scuzzball's sig.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-18, 04:47 PM
Upload your level.dat file to http://mc.42nex.us/

It will give you the numeric value of your seed. If you just let the program make a random world, this will still find the seed for it. If you used letters/characters as part of your seed instead of a pure number, you will get back the numeric equivalent for it, but not your original phrase you used. It will still be the same seed.

According to the data given:

Seed: 4085492158279834589
Spawn: 74, 64, 52

It is made of win and awesome. I'm still exploring the caverns just under the ground.

Scuzzball
2011-05-18, 05:00 PM
Im aware of the existing server options...but they're subject to breakage with every patch. I might use something like that if I really have to(and for testing before the API comes), but I have hope that the API will avoid this, allowing a much more reliable customization.

Bukkit is supposed to be similar to the upcoming API, and hopefully stuff will transfer. If you make cool stuff, I would be happy to have on the server I run.

And if you want help getting a server set up, I can help with that too.

Jimorian
2011-05-18, 05:15 PM
I think I recall reading on the forums that Notch is abandoning the mod API in favor of just handing over the source code to developers who agree to a set of conditions.

B33TL3
2011-05-18, 10:55 PM
I put my name on the whitellist spreadsheet thingy.... at least.... where I think where it should be.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 06:05 AM
Miners bewere, there is a Troll loose in your city. i just logged on for the first time :P

Phhase
2011-05-19, 06:15 AM
Literally or figuratively? And whoever it is, I swear it isn't me.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 06:29 AM
Literally, and it is me :P

memnarch
2011-05-19, 07:55 AM
Literally, being a troll skinned player.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-19, 08:55 AM
Know what would be really awesome?

The ability to set down things like swords so they stick in the ground.

Tyndmyr
2011-05-19, 09:25 AM
I think I recall reading on the forums that Notch is abandoning the mod API in favor of just handing over the source code to developers who agree to a set of conditions.

I am remarkably ok with this. I'll admit it's not quite as convenient, but it's incredibly powerful.

Sounds great, Scuzz, any server building advice from performance issues you've seen? My admittedly limited testing so far indicates that it's pretty memory-dependent, so stacking up piles of that is my current plan.

HalfTangible
2011-05-19, 09:32 AM

Oh! how about a decorative sword item? Like those coat of arms things where they put two swords across a shield or something? And breaking it gives you two swords?! =D

Qwertystop
2011-05-19, 09:34 AM

You mean as a nonsolid block, like a torch?
YES!
It would also allow stuff like using an Uncrafter rune on an iron shovel when you realize that it doesn't let you dig anything that you can't with stone, and doesn't save that much time.

And show off your Gold Hoe, which is completely worthless for anything other than showing off.

Does anyone else wish that when a tool broke, you kept the handle, and needed only 1 stick and a reduced amount of head material to repair? Like the Iron Pick Repair recipie being:
{table]iron|handle|iron
|stick|
||[/table]

EDIT: HOW DO I GET THE TABLE TO WORK?!

The-Mage-King
2011-05-19, 09:43 AM
Brackets. Not the kind you're using, but [brackets].

And yes, as a non-solid block. It would be awesome to have an entire floor of my tower be covered by swords.

Qwertystop
2011-05-19, 09:45 AM
By the way, people who I doubled the height of a castle wall for yesterday: There is a 3-high pillar of dirt sticking off the side of the wall, which I forgot to clear away yesterday. I have figured out an alternate method of blocking the rune, so if you want me to do any other walls, I will not need to build that pillar.

EDIT:

Brackets. Not the kind you're using, but [brackets].

And yes, as a non-solid block. It would be awesome to have an entire floor of my tower be covered by swords.

Remember how I said I had an idea for your trap floor? Specifically, quicksand?
Do you want me to build it? the only requirement is that the non-quicksand parts of that floor are 3 blocks thick. If you want it to be deactivateable, we will also need a way to start and stop the flow of water through the level of the floor 1 block below the surface, which I am not sure how to do.

Destro_Yersul
2011-05-19, 10:30 AM
hidden passage runes can work like floodgates. Water flows through when they're open, but not when they're shut. Phase blocks do the same sort of thing.

Phhase
2011-05-19, 10:34 AM
Ah, yes, but can either be triggered by redstone? Nope, they both need a right click. Principally, redstone is better because it's more versatile and longer distance.

Destro_Yersul
2011-05-19, 10:35 AM
which would be great if you had a way to turn water on and off with redstone.

Phhase
2011-05-19, 10:37 AM

Ah, but then that would conflict with right-click runemagyks in the tools.

Phhase
2011-05-19, 10:39 AM
which would be great if you had a way to turn water on and off with redstone.

No, I mean turn the flood gate on and off with redstone, not the water itself. Although that would be interesting.....especially with lava!

Qwertystop
2011-05-19, 10:42 AM
Actually, phase blocks might be better, since you can't tell where it is until you click it. Just make a chain of them lining up to the water block.

druid91
2011-05-19, 10:57 AM
You know I have a question, how do cannons work?

Do You have to encase them in obsidian?

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-19, 11:00 AM
No, I mean turn the flood gate on and off with redstone, not the water itself. Although that would be interesting.....especially with lava!

Easily done . . . with the piston mod. Which was delayed when 1.6 was delayed.
:smallfurious:

Bedrock works too. or glass, if you rebuild the cannon after every shot.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 11:02 AM

So long as the TNT blocks that launch the "cannonball" TNT are droped into a stream of water, the explosion will not damage any blocks.

druid91
2011-05-19, 11:15 AM
Well I suppose a bucket of water is easier than a obsidian cannon.

Now to get the timing right.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-19, 11:17 AM
Ah, but then that would conflict with right-click runemagyks in the tools.

Not... if you make it a second item. Use a plank and a sword, with the sword over the plank, and you have your new decor.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 11:34 AM
is it just me, or does grass grow REEEEALY slowly? i've had some dirt blocks next to a block with grass on it for a few hours now and it's only spread to like one block.

Tome
2011-05-19, 11:56 AM
is it just me, or does grass grow REEEEALY slowly? i've had some dirt blocks next to a block with grass on it for a few hours now and it's only spread to like one block.

There's a rune for that. (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Runecraft#Green_Thumb)

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 12:05 PM
Smelting seems to be the same. put a stack of cobble into a chest a few hours ago and it still isint finished.

memnarch
2011-05-19, 12:10 PM
Smelting seems to be the same. put a stack of cobble into a chest a few hours ago and it still isint finished.

Well there's your problem; smelting is in furnaces! :smalltongue:

Seriously though, if the chunk isn't loaded (as in, no one is around), then stuff won't happen in the chunk, like leaf decay, snow melt, smelting, plant growth, etc.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 12:25 PM
Ahh ok, that makes sense.

Gadora
2011-05-19, 02:29 PM
Prepare for possible mod breakage, because Notch has said that 1.6 comes out next week (https://twitter.com/#!/notch/statuses/71249054318862336).

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 03:16 PM
So aparently we got some immages of the sky dimension (http://imgur.com/a/cvsYW) and honestly, i'm kinda dissapointed. Seems more like a bunch of regular floating islands rather then something to opposite the neither.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-19, 03:51 PM
Prepare for possible mod breakage, because Notch has said that 1.6 comes out next week (https://twitter.com/#!/notch/statuses/71249054318862336).

Another reason I prefer to have vanilla servers...
And yea, Sky Dimension doesn't seem like... well... a different dimension. Just like a bunch of floating islands. Is there some cool stuff found up there that isn't found anywhere else?

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-19, 03:57 PM
He should probably make the Nether even remotely interesting before he starts working on Nether 2: Going Up.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 04:03 PM
Well what would you preffer? piles of your own corpse from every time you died?

Qwertystop
2011-05-19, 04:10 PM
As far as floating islands go, don't forget that without mods, floating islands are incredibly difficult to make, and floating islands above a void even more so. If you don't use any mods, then floating islands are pretty rare.

Also, maybe he'll be implementing that realisticness menu soon, which means you will need a specific material to have things float. Maybe it would work like the leaf decay algorithm, but stuff out of range falls instead of disapearing. In that case, this might be the only way to get... lets call it floatstone, and anything outside of the Sky Dimension will need it to stay up.

Tome
2011-05-19, 04:37 PM
So aparently we got some immages of the sky dimension (http://imgur.com/a/cvsYW) and honestly, i'm kinda dissapointed. Seems more like a bunch of regular floating islands rather then something to opposite the neither.

That could be because he hasn't added in the new block types yet, and thus had to make it out of standard terrain.

HalfTangible
2011-05-19, 04:39 PM
I tried the seed 'necron' and found a whole bunch of pumpkins just a little away from where i spawned... also lots of snow, a few small pools... and now at least two lakes of lava on the surface

Silverraptor
2011-05-19, 04:43 PM
I tried the seed 'necron' and found a whole bunch of pumpkins just a little away from where i spawned... also lots of snow, a few small pools... and now at least two lakes of lava on the surface

Wow. That's quite habitable for Necrons.:smalltongue:

HalfTangible
2011-05-19, 04:54 PM
Wow. That's quite habitable for Necrons.:smalltongue:

There's also a ton of grass and a couple of forests

Silverraptor
2011-05-19, 06:19 PM
There's also a ton of grass and a couple of forests

...You must've spelled it wrong.

HalfTangible
2011-05-19, 06:51 PM

does punctuation count? :smalltongue: (i just typed in the word for the seed, i didn't look one up)

The-Mage-King
2011-05-19, 06:52 PM
Anyone willing to help me make a TNT cannon?

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-19, 06:52 PM

Maybe this is the pure and pristine world before the necrons set foot on it?

druid91
2011-05-19, 07:00 PM
Anyone willing to help me make a TNT cannon?

That's something I've been trying to do all day.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-19, 07:06 PM
That's something I've been trying to do all day.

Maybe if we work together?

AgentPaper
2011-05-19, 07:06 PM
Obviously the necrons are simply sleeping in their tombs, just below the bedrock, waiting for the right time to strike. The fact that the world looks pristine is just a sign of their success in leaving no hint that they are there...

The-Mage-King
2011-05-19, 07:09 PM
Hey, um... I'm getting a "Connection Refused: Connect" message when I try to log onto the server. Any idea?

druid91
2011-05-19, 07:11 PM
Hey, um... I'm getting a "Connection Refused: Connect" message when I try to log onto the server. Any idea?

Same problem with me.

Deme
2011-05-19, 07:44 PM
It's fixed now. Also, Druid, your mob trap design doesn't work well. The spiders don't seem to be drowning at the rate that implies it's actually the trap killing them, as opposed to the spiders pushing other spiders down, like mating frogs or something. They kind of just bob up at the surface.

druid91
2011-05-19, 07:56 PM
It's fixed now. Also, Druid, your mob trap design doesn't work well. The spiders don't seem to be drowning at the rate that implies it's actually the trap killing them, as opposed to the spiders pushing other spiders down, like mating frogs or something. They kind of just bob up at the surface.

I was in the middle of fixing that when minecraft froze and I couldn't log back on.

But I'm following what I saw. They are supposed to get washed down and drown.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-19, 08:02 PM
Druid, you on? If so, meet me at /warp tmkssandmine

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-19, 08:03 PM
I'll be making a Let's Play, starting tomorrow, if anyone is interested in watching me flail around.

Deme
2011-05-19, 08:20 PM
I was in the middle of fixing that when minecraft froze and I couldn't log back on.

But I'm following what I saw. They are supposed to get washed down and drown.

That's the premise, yes. The trick is to force them down.

Scuzzball
2011-05-19, 08:57 PM
Sounds great, Scuzz, any server building advice from performance issues you've seen? My admittedly limited testing so far indicates that it's pretty memory-dependent, so stacking up piles of that is my current plan.

My server runs on like 2.5 GB of ram, and crashes if I tell it to use more.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-19, 08:57 PM
Could you add Alchemistmerlin to the whitelist? Please? :smallbiggrin:

The-Mage-King
2011-05-19, 09:24 PM
Hm... I'm getting End of Stream messages now.

Odd.

N/M: Back on.

memnarch
2011-05-19, 09:24 PM
My server runs on like 2.5 GB of ram, and crashes if I tell it to use more.
Think it's something to do with Java not liking the amount?

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-19, 10:55 PM
Considering my skin, could I join the RP town as a demon? If so, I'll abide by any restriction you give (must drop pork, can only use fists to attack people, can only equip items found or dropped by the slain, can only attack on Tuesdays, etc)
Or even roll a d6 each day, if it comes up a 1 or 2, the demon comes.

druid91
2011-05-19, 11:06 PM
Being mildly disapointed with my cannons performance I tried to rebuild it in single player.

The top part exploded.

However the first two TNT racks were unharmed, taking this as an omen, I rebuilt it with only those two.

And with three repeaters at the top setting, got it to fire. It didn't fire very well, the repeaters came in too fast, but it worked.

AgentPaper
2011-05-20, 12:09 AM
If you guys need some temporary help with the RP town, I'd love to help out. I just don't trust myself to keep at it for the long term, so I won't be able to join regularly, unfortunately.

It'd be cool if you could give one player special abilities and/or a special model, like say making someone a dragon or a big ogre or something. Would make for some fun times in the RP world, having one player play the dragon, that the other players have to band together to slay/steal his treasure.

factotum
2011-05-20, 01:42 AM
Think it's something to do with Java not liking the amount?

32-bit or 64-bit Java? There might well be a difference. (Although I don't know if you can get 64-bit JREs for Linux--you certainly can for Windows, but even then it's a pain to find them).

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-20, 02:01 AM
32-bit or 64-bit Java? There might well be a difference. (Although I don't know if you can get 64-bit JREs for Linux--you certainly can for Windows, but even then it's a pain to find them).

You can. But it's a PITA to work with, as with anything else dealing with 64 bit.

Honestly, I'm running 32 bit Ubuntu, despite the fact that my machine can handle 64 bit easily, because of that very problem. It's not worth the hassle.

Volthawk
2011-05-20, 03:53 AM
If you guys need some temporary help with the RP town, I'd love to help out. I just don't trust myself to keep at it for the long term, so I won't be able to join regularly, unfortunately.

It'd be cool if you could give one player special abilities and/or a special model, like say making someone a dragon or a big ogre or something. Would make for some fun times in the RP world, having one player play the dragon, that the other players have to band together to slay/steal his treasure.

Yeah, sometimes we do things like that - someone builds weird stuff OOC/makes an enemy character, and the characters investigate IC.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-20, 04:00 AM
Considering my skin, could I join the RP town as a demon? If so, I'll abide by any restriction you give (must drop pork, can only use fists to attack people, can only equip items found or dropped by the slain, can only attack on Tuesdays, etc)
Or even roll a d6 each day, if it comes up a 1 or 2, the demon comes.

I'm a Troll and am planning on serching for RP town myself. Wanna be evil together?

also: Whats the difficulty setting on RP town? i haz some schemes.

Volthawk
2011-05-20, 04:03 AM
It's not on peaceful, so there are mobs, yes. Although some things are a bit weird/laggy at the moment, like arrows. I can outrun my arrows :smalltongue:.

The Black Staff
2011-05-20, 06:55 AM
Can you add Sammy_Kpatrix to the whitelist?

Deme
2011-05-20, 09:43 AM
Well, antagonists in RPtown/world need to have some sort of way of not being a constantly in-play threat. For most, that means being defeated permenantly after some ADVENTURE!!!!111

For more permenant characters, like it sounds like forbiddenwar and Gicko are thinking on, they just need some sort of way of being temporarily thwarted, or stopped, or reasoned with, or satieted, or something. Some way that there can be at least a temporary and uneasy peace, maybe even some sorts of alliances on occaison.

Since they'll be PCs and not NPCs, this also means that the other PCs will have to play by the same rules. Being constantly paranoid about attack is not fun.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-20, 12:15 PM
Giant wall of dispensors with lava infront of it faceing the town?

Hide yo wives and hide yo kids, cuz the arrow rain is about to come down.
edit: AARRRRGH! when i put a block down i expect it to STAY down! not vanish, go back into my invantory, then teleport me back to were i started!

AgentPaper
2011-05-20, 12:26 PM
Temporary antagonist that gets defeated sounds like exactly my schtick. I could build a nice big trap-filled lair, too. I don't really know enough about the RP there to know what type of villain I should be, though. Power-mad tyrant king? Cursed mummy emperor? Vengeful demigod? Angry muppet?

The-Mage-King
2011-05-20, 12:32 PM
Temporary antagonist that gets defeated sounds like exactly my schtick. I could build a nice big trap-filled lair, too. I don't really know enough about the RP there to know what type of villain I should be, though. Power-mad tyrant king? Cursed mummy emperor? Vengeful demigod? Angry muppet?

Well, I'm handling the first of those options...

AgentPaper
2011-05-20, 12:33 PM
Well, I'm handling the first of those options...

Sorry. Rival power-mad tyrant king.

Deme
2011-05-20, 12:40 PM
I'd avoid the demigod option...Or if you did, talk to me in private first.

The world can be kind of anachronistic: the setting's changed, and I'll do a write-up soon, but basically, assume that the power-mad tyrant kings both survived the world basically being rolled back to a pristine state because they warped the world around them so much that the planet itself can't forget that they existed. They may not have even been alive when it happened. What this amounts to is that you could be a power mad ancient egyptian-pyramid style mad king fighting with his roman-style king descendant. Or a robot-king with a rival caveman chief.

Come to that, an adventure involving both of the power-mad tyrant kings, possibly going back and forth between them while trying to stop them, would be fun.

AgentPaper
2011-05-20, 12:49 PM
Hm, now I'm imagining a sort of War of the Two Towers, each Power Mad Tyrant King (PMTK) sitting in his tower, while a city in between them flickers in and out of existence. The city was there pre-rollback, but the two PMTKs keep it in existence, though less reliably than their personal citadels. To make things even crazier, each of them remembers the city in different ways, since they each ruled in different eras. One remembers it as a kind of mayan island city, while the other remembers it as a medieval castle town in the middle of a dry basin.

Anyways if this is something we're actually going to do then tell me and I'll log into minecraft so we can discuss it more.

Deme
2011-05-20, 12:50 PM
This would be hard to pull off...And yet, awesome. Phaseblocks, with the most carefully planned layout ever? Or just a mix of the two cities?

AgentPaper
2011-05-20, 12:52 PM
This would be hard to pull off...And yet, awesome. Phaseblocks?

Well, they would shift on a scale of days, so we'd just have a mod swap them around as needed.

For actually doing it, we just have to start with a landscape, copy that somewhere else, then build the mayan city over the copy. Then, copy the mayan city to yet another location, wreck it up a bit, and then build the medieval city over that.

Though I think a lot of the fun of this would be the exploration aspect. Perhaps we should clear out the descriptions here so as to avoid spoilers?

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-20, 01:04 PM
perhaps the four of us could build large towers in one of the respective compous directions around the town and then attempt to do battle with one annother when we are not joining forces to antagonize the town?

The-Mage-King
2011-05-20, 01:22 PM
An excellent idea, though... I was building a rather large tower already for my role. Why do you think I wanted all of those monster spawners?

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-20, 01:26 PM
i'm thinking if this happens i'll be a... diffrent... kind of villan.

a Troll who is really a nice guy, he just does bad things because he has nothing better to do :P

Qwertystop
2011-05-20, 01:28 PM
I might fill the mummy-king role, if only because a pyramid is perfect for traps. Especially since I want to use quicksand, and also since redstone is a lot like sand.

Deme
2011-05-20, 01:40 PM
i'm thinking if this happens i'll be a... diffrent... kind of villan.

a Troll who is really a nice guy, he just does bad things because he has nothing better to do :P

Well, you could be both a temporary "4 kings" villain and your troll as a PC.

druid91
2011-05-20, 02:02 PM
Well I was planning on using it for a new labratory, but there is a pretty cool floating island west of RPtown, the warp is /warp newlabsite.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-20, 02:07 PM
Well, you could be both a temporary "4 kings" villain and your troll as a PC.

Nahh, i'm thinking more alogn the lines of fireing cannons into the village one day, and bringing bread to everyone in town the next to make up for it/

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-20, 02:17 PM
I think my demon will be a loner, with a clear cut code of ethics, backstory, temporary bases, and system for temporary defeat.

It just won't be posted here, it will be up to the RP players to draw their own conclusions about my character.

Also, there will be communication problems. My actions will be a mystery to be solved. It will be interesting to see what your characters will do to solve them.

Deme
2011-05-20, 02:25 PM
Nahh, i'm thinking more alogn the lines of fireing cannons into the village one day, and bringing bread to everyone in town the next to make up for it/

Destroying player-placed blocks you do not have express permission to destroy is griefing, under RPtown/world rules.

Qwertystop
2011-05-20, 02:54 PM

No wonder you're playing a troll :smallwink:

druid91
2011-05-20, 05:45 PM
Perhaps we could build a wall around town? I mean a proper villain does need an explosive entrance.

I mean it would have multiple benefits, for one I won't hear SSSSS and have a heart attack whenever I go up at night.

And for two, well villians have something they can make a show of destroying in a spectacular manner.

For the sake of convenience we should probably put a chest somewhere where aspiring villains can leave a few stacks of cobble to cover the repairs.

And finally, It would help a bit to actually develop us into a town as opposed to a summer camp.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-20, 06:12 PM
I was planning on building a cobblestone cube around the town after i finish the one i'm working on. To plunge the village into darkness and let the monsters roam free muahahahaha

Maybe after me (and the other villans maybe?) finsih that, the townsfolk could tear it down and use it as the base for a protective wall?

Also: the pattern on cobblestone makes me dizzy. so... yeah. is there a forrest or something nearbuy i could cut down to make a crackton of charcol to mass-produce smooth stone?

AgentPaper
2011-05-20, 06:21 PM
Could I get a time to be on the server to talk with Deme or someone else to discuss potential villainy?

druid91
2011-05-20, 06:25 PM
I just wish gunpowder was easier to get.

I want to set up an evil villain lair and rig the whole place to blow sky high.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-20, 06:26 PM

if we can somehoe get RPtown set to hard, we can suit ourselves up in armor and spend all night killing mobs. its how i get gunpowder in my singleplayer :P

Lady Tialait
2011-05-20, 06:31 PM
Also: the pattern on cobblestone makes me dizzy. so... yeah. is there a forrest or something nearbuy i could cut down to make a crackton of charcol to mass-produce smooth stone?

Get a texture pack with cobblestone that doesn't mess with you.

druid91
2011-05-20, 06:33 PM
if we can somehoe get RPtown set to hard, we can suit ourselves up in armor and spend all night killing mobs. its how i get gunpowder in my singleplayer :P

Well, I was actually thinking of... helping... someone build their villain tower.

And make it so that the actual building is on top of a massive platfor in the sky, with the underneath being a shadowy monster filled doom.

Silverraptor
2011-05-20, 06:45 PM
My group and I are having a bit of trouble in the new server. Sometimes, Zombies and creep random spawn inside our houses, even after we closed off everything and flooded the places with torches. I just want to ask why this is happening and how to get it to stop?

druid91
2011-05-20, 07:19 PM
My group and I are having a bit of trouble in the new server. Sometimes, Zombies and creep random spawn inside our houses, even after we closed off everything and flooded the places with torches. I just want to ask why this is happening and how to get it to stop?

Monsters need darkness to spawn.

Silverraptor
2011-05-20, 07:31 PM
Monsters need darkness to spawn.

And there is no darkness in our houses at all. I believe I mention that we flooded our houses with torches.:smallconfused:

druid91
2011-05-20, 07:37 PM
What about the roof? Any high vaulted ceilings?

A basement with a leak?

Other than that, you are probably suffering a glitch.

littlebottom
2011-05-20, 07:50 PM
strange, i was just kicked off minecraft, and now cant log back in, i keep getting "end of stream" messages, although according to the server status there are 9 people on it and its working...:smallconfused:

AgentPaper
2011-05-20, 07:55 PM
How deep down is your house? If it's at the bottom of the map, you need more light to keep monsters from spawning. Might be that it's just simply impossible to stop monsters spawning at that depth.

AmberVael
2011-05-20, 07:58 PM
How deep down is your house? If it's at the bottom of the map, you need more light to keep monsters from spawning. Might be that it's just simply impossible to stop monsters spawning at that depth.

No, that was removed in version 1.2.1. Notch thought it was too annoying.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-20, 08:07 PM
Maybe there is a opening for them to wonder in? I've had that problem before.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-20, 08:24 PM
Anyone else having issues logging in? Maybe the server needs a reset...

Shovah
2011-05-20, 08:38 PM

Use a grinder?

For silverraptor, is it when you use a bed, and is your bed beside a wall?

Silverraptor
2011-05-20, 09:03 PM
Use a grinder?

For silverraptor, is it when you use a bed, and is your bed beside a wall?

No, they just randomly spawn. More often when we try to sleep, but sometimes during the day we wander in and a random skeleton or zombie is snarling at us. And we've gone over every single inch. Not even air would be able to come in. Except for, maybe the viewports in the doors. But I understand that zombies can't squeeze through there.

So, how do we go about fixing this glich?

Tyndmyr
2011-05-20, 09:21 PM
Do you have a double door leading to somewhere a monster can spawn? If so, downgrade to single and see if it goes away. Doors have some slightly weird stuff occasionally.

The window in the door shouldn't be a problem, though.

druid91
2011-05-20, 09:39 PM
No, they just randomly spawn. More often when we try to sleep, but sometimes during the day we wander in and a random skeleton or zombie is snarling at us. And we've gone over every single inch. Not even air would be able to come in. Except for, maybe the viewports in the doors. But I understand that zombies can't squeeze through there.

So, how do we go about fixing this glich?

Build your floors out of netherrack and set it all on fire?:smalltongue:

Gadora
2011-05-20, 09:45 PM

Try /warp GadGrinder. It's currently having a few issues though, though I'm not sure whether that's due to the caves in the area messing up the spawn rate or if it's due to general bugginess. If anyone wants to help me deal with the aforementioned caves, it would be much appreciated.

Silverraptor
2011-05-20, 09:53 PM
Do you have a double door leading to somewhere a monster can spawn? If so, downgrade to single and see if it goes away. Doors have some slightly weird stuff occasionally.

The window in the door shouldn't be a problem, though.

No double door. Everything is tighter then a drum made out of cobblestone, which all our houses are made of. And yet still, random creep keeps spawning into our base. It does happen really infrequently, but still, happening at all is too often.

Qwertystop
2011-05-20, 09:57 PM
No double door. Everything is tighter then a drum made out of cobblestone, which all our houses are made of. And yet still, random creep keeps spawning into our base. It does happen really infrequently, but still, happening at all is too often.

Check to see if there is a small cave below the room. They might be spawning at a vertical offset.
Also, maybe seal the windows with glass just to be safe.
If you're desperate, seal up everything (including doors) so its a solid box, make the walls 2-thick if you can, and put someone just waiting in their for a while to see if they still spawn.

Silverraptor
2011-05-20, 10:06 PM
Check to see if there is a small cave below the room. They might be spawning at a vertical offset.
Also, maybe seal the windows with glass just to be safe.
If you're desperate, seal up everything (including doors) so its a solid box, make the walls 2-thick if you can, and put someone just waiting in their for a while to see if they still spawn.

Oh! I didn't know they could spawn in a vertical offset. That would make sense. And yes, we have glass. But now I need to pull up all the floor to make sure. Can they spawn in a horizontal set, such as through a 1 block wall? Because that would be unfair.:smallannoyed:

memnarch
2011-05-20, 10:08 PM
... Can they spawn in a horizontal set, such as through a 1 block wall? Because that would be unfair.:smallannoyed:
Pretty much only if you sleep with your bed 1 block away from darkness.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-20, 10:19 PM
Hmmm...can't seem to connect.

Just me?

One Tin Soldier
2011-05-20, 10:25 PM
Me neither

memnarch
2011-05-20, 10:33 PM
Me@Server; Boot boot boot boot boot. And another kick for good measure.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-21, 12:05 AM
Is the 18 page command list available outside of the server? I thought it might be on the whitelist document, but I didn't spot it. Trying to familiarize myself with the various tools.

Frog Dragon
2011-05-21, 06:02 AM
....I just ran into something both weird and highly annoying.

Every time I try to access a chest, I get the following message:

WorldGuard: No defined regions here!

This bars me access from my rather large storage of items. :smallannoyed: It sounds like they're locked somehow, but yeah. Relogging didn't help one bit.

Edit: It seems to also be affecting other toggleables, like furnaces and workbenches. I also asked another player, and I seem to be the only one affected.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-21, 06:21 AM
Rarrrg this is getting ridiculus! blocks that have been placed should NOT dissapear while i am standing on them! i have fallen to my death three times, and fallen off the roof i am trying to build just about twenty times now!

Gadora
2011-05-21, 06:22 AM
....I just ran into something both weird and highly annoying.

Every time I try to access a chest, I get the following message:

This bars me access from my rather large storage of items. :smallannoyed: It sounds like they're locked somehow, but yeah. Relogging didn't help one bit.

Edit: It seems to also be affecting other toggleables, like furnaces and workbenches. I also asked another player, and I seem to be the only one affected.

Were you wielding string? If so, then wielding anything else should fix the problem. If not, then I've got no clue what you can do.

Frog Dragon
2011-05-21, 07:01 AM
I was wielding string. Changing it worked.

Destro_Yersul
2011-05-21, 08:21 AM
Rarrrg this is getting ridiculus! blocks that have been placed should NOT dissapear while i am standing on them! i have fallen to my death three times, and fallen off the roof i am trying to build just about twenty times now!

That's caused by server lag. In multiplayer, you need to be careful about walking on stuff you've just put down. There's really no fix for it, so I'd recommend being more careful.

Scuzzball
2011-05-21, 09:00 AM
strange, i was just kicked off minecraft, and now cant log back in, i keep getting "end of stream" messages, although according to the server status there are 9 people on it and its working...:smallconfused:
The server status thing takes like five minutes to update.

Is the 18 page command list available outside of the server? I thought it might be on the whitelist document, but I didn't spot it. Trying to familiarize myself with the various tools.
I have no idea, I'll try to find one. But I suspect most of the commands are not usable by you.
If I can't find one that gives descriptions, I'll just have to use the thing in the permissions file. More confusing, but generally understandable.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-21, 09:11 AM
I'm amazed by what you folks have built on this server. It is very very cool. I was having trouble just gathering material due to lag, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, though I have no ideas for what to build.

What are the

:smallredface::smallmad::smallredface:
:smallmad::smallmad::smallmad:
:smallmad::smallredface::smallmad:

Symbols I keep seeing everywhere? (The :smallredface: being empty space and the :smallmad: being blocks...)

I have no idea, I'll try to find one. But I suspect most of the commands are not usable by you.
If I can't find one that gives descriptions, I'll just have to use the thing in the permissions file. More confusing, but generally understandable.

Yeah I figured most things would be above my rank, but I find all of this infrastructure intensely interesting...plus I hate having to ask in chat how to do things like warp back to spawn. (/warp spawn...geez I'm not very bright. :smallredface:)

Cobalt
2011-05-21, 09:15 AM
@^I've seen two in my general area. I still don't think I've taken them down yet. I should get on that.

As for what they are(stickmen?), no idea. I don't know who placed them everywhere, either.

Qwertystop
2011-05-21, 09:21 AM
Oh! I didn't know they could spawn in a vertical offset. That would make sense. And yes, we have glass. But now I need to pull up all the floor to make sure. Can they spawn in a horizontal set, such as through a 1 block wall? Because that would be unfair.:smallannoyed:

Actually, I don't think they normally spawn at an offset, but I figured it might be a possible glitch. If that turns out to be the answer, lucky guess.

Volthawk
2011-05-21, 09:22 AM
I'm amazed by what you folks have built on this server. It is very very cool. I was having trouble just gathering material due to lag, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, though I have no ideas for what to build.

What are the

:smallmad::smallredface::smallmad:

Symbols I keep seeing everywhere? (The :smallredface: being empty space and the :smallmad: being blocks...)

Some guy went around building them a while back, and nobody's bothered to go take them all down.

Scuzzball
2011-05-21, 09:23 AM
Yeah I figured most things would be above my rank, but I find all of this infrastructure intensely interesting...plus I hate having to ask in chat how to do things like warp back to spawn. (/warp spawn...geez I'm not very bright. :smallredface:)

/spawn also works.

Also, for everyone but mostly Mem:
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-mywarp-v1-10-7-basic-social-guiding-warpsigns-766-798.13098/
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-myhome-v1-9-5-740-766.13313/
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/info-help-2-4-a-smarter-help-740.13601/
and possibly
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admin-dev-permissionsex.13396/

The help is definitely going up, but the warp and home plugins would require everyone to set all the warps again. It may pick up on the warps from a while back. The permissions looks cool, but I'm not sure I want to touch it yet.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-21, 09:28 AM
@^I've seen two in my general area. I still don't think I've taken them down yet. I should get on that.

As for what they are(stickmen?), no idea. I don't know who placed them everywhere, either.

They look like faces to me...with a fu manchu stache.

Deme
2011-05-21, 10:57 AM
Ok, for those planning things about RPtown/world plots, please contact me via PM or in-game. It's getting a little tough to juggle...

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-21, 11:39 AM
Due to the difficulty of coasters and server problems, the chairman, in his infinite wisdom, has extended the deadline an additional week. Make the most of this time.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-21, 01:06 PM
My old computer broke before I could save anything, but I've got Minecraft on my new computer so I'm all good.
Is there any way to copy a world you've generated and edited in single player into multiplayer? I'd like to show off my shipping (not that kind) empire once it's done.

Neo
2011-05-21, 01:25 PM

I built a few of them, but i wasn't the first to do it. Saw a couple along main roads so figured they were a nifty mile marker sorta thing so added some to the main road leading to my hovel.

Lord Loss
2011-05-21, 01:34 PM
I started playing Minecraft a little while ago and despite it lagging and glitching out and refusing to let me place blocks every few minutes (stupid old computer) it's insanely fun. So far, I've built a house and dug deep down, until I found some caverns with redstone and iron and whatnot. I've started getting my hands on materials and intend to build... something.

Any tips for a beginner would be appreciated. Also, should I dig deeper than I have already, or are all the materials I'm going to need here?

Lady Tialait
2011-05-21, 01:46 PM
I started playing Minecraft a little while ago and despite it lagging and glitching out and refusing to let me place blocks every few minutes (stupid old computer) it's insanely fun. So far, I've built a house and dug deep down, until I found some caverns with redstone and iron and whatnot. I've started getting my hands on materials and intend to build... something.

Any tips for a beginner would be appreciated. Also, should I dig deeper than I have already, or are all the materials I'm going to need here?

I always set up a strip mine for plenty of stone, and another mine for diamonds. I have a huge supply of resources. The deeper you get the more dangerous the lava gets...water is your friend deep down.

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-21, 01:53 PM

When exploring cave systems, take plenty of colored wool. They're bright, fast and easy to place and can be seen a great distance.. Which means no way to get lost.

Partof1
2011-05-21, 02:10 PM
I keep catching fire while mining near, but without a doubt not in contact with lava. I have the water pick running, btw. Everytime I jump down to grab some previously lava covered gold, or whatever, I ignite. It is on peaceful, so I'm fine, but it is still very annoying. Can anyone tell me what's causing this?

AgentPaper
2011-05-21, 02:58 PM
When exploring cave systems, take plenty of colored wool. They're bright, fast and easy to place and can be seen a great distance.. Which means no way to get lost.

Even better, take 3 different colors, and put them down in order, for example if you take red, green, blue, you place a red one at the entrance, then at the first turn you put a green, then next turn you put a blue, then red again, and so on. If you ever get lost, all you need to do is follow the wool in reverse order, so if you find a blue you look for the green one and head that way. Just make sure to put them down so they're in easy sight of each other, they could actually be a hundred blocks away as long as you can see them from each other.

It takes up more space than just torches, but this way you won't get stuck in a loop or follow the trail the wrong way or something silly like that.

Partof1
2011-05-21, 03:14 PM
Yeah, on torches, if it hasn't already been said, make certain to put them all along one wall. If you place them all on your left going down, you can ensure they stay on your right climbing back up.

However, I usually just get lost and wander around until I think I recognize where I am.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-21, 03:14 PM
So...I found a series of floating islands high above a ring of sand near the coast of a strange, lake filled, spire covered continent near the island I spawned on. Coming off of the highest island was a waterfall, which I have been using as a slow-as-heck elevator to get up and down as needed. About two hours ago 9probably a little over), I started making a huge, spiraling wizard tower on the largest island. It's not nearly done yet, but I have a few floors.

Floor One: Wood panel flooring, empty, no windows, I think it'll be a foyer of some sort.

Floor Two: Gravel on top of cobblestone flooring, a few furnaces, a craft table, and some large chests. Crafting room. 2x2 glass windows on each wall.

Floor Three: Green Wool carpet, one bed, 2 wide 3 tall glass windows on 3 sides, one 2x2 window on the stairs going down. Master Bedroom?

Floor Four: Under construction. I'm thinking sand on top of cobblestone for flooring, with a large pool of water in the center and a 2 block tall glass window going all the way around.

No matter what, I am going to make the top floor an observatory, and I'm thinking about having a greenhouse coming off the side.

I'll post screenshots when I'm done.

Any hints/suggestions/ideas/things you'd like to see in the tower?

Volthawk
2011-05-21, 03:17 PM
A Nether-themed floor, perhaps?

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-21, 04:42 PM
A Nether-themed floor, perhaps?

Once I can find some diamonds and get that obsidian I've been farming, I will.
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention: This weird, wacked out continent I'm on? One of the spires has a lava waterfall coming out of nowhere near the top of it.

Also, I just finished the pool, and started on the floor above. Then I noticed that when a cloud passes by, this new story has the first 2 and a half (3 and a half if you count the area where the top flooring goes) blocks in the way of the clouds. Whenever a cloud passes through, the bottom half of the room is filled with...well...cloud!

Any ideas for this floor?

Also, I know trees and grass require light to grow, but what happens if you let them go, and THEN remove the light source? I'm asking because I want to make on of the floors a creepy forest.

Lorn
2011-05-21, 04:45 PM
Not sure about the grass, but trees can be at least grown with torches. I don't think they die due to lack of light.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-21, 04:59 PM
Not sure about the grass, but trees can be at least grown with torches. I don't think they die due to lack of light.

Cool. I'm gonna use the fog floor to try and make a creepy forest. Maybe see if I can spawn some spiders in there and farm their string. If anything I don't want spawns in there, I'll just switch it to peaceful before it can break anything.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-21, 05:16 PM
If you have a Iron pick and some redstone, you can make a portal to the nether without diamonds, or more then 1 source block of lava.

One Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye1VJawbQxE

Second Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQkEpf7-4M

BladeofOblivion
2011-05-21, 05:17 PM
If you have a Iron pick and some redstone, you can make a portal to the nether without diamonds, or more then 1 source block of lava.

You can do it with a bucket, Cobblestone, Lava Springs, and a Water spring if you are clever enough. :smallamused:

Lady Tialait
2011-05-21, 05:19 PM
I use the redstone method with the mold method to make my portals when I need them.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-21, 08:35 PM

One Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye1VJawbQxE

Second Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQkEpf7-4M

Oh, this is just perfect! Thanks!

Though i thought lava destroyed buckets...

ANYWAYS...one of the floor in my wizard tower now will definitely be a portal room.

Another question, though, after I make all this stuff in single player, will I be able to copy it onto a multiplayer world if I start hosting one? Without redoing all of it?

memnarch
2011-05-21, 08:44 PM
I keep catching fire while mining near, but without a doubt not in contact with lava. I have the water pick running, btw. Everytime I jump down to grab some previously lava covered gold, or whatever, I ignite. It is on peaceful, so I'm fine, but it is still very annoying. Can anyone tell me what's causing this?

If there's a fluid block on the other side of a diagonal edge, you interact with it. (top view, cool is you, furious is liquid, tongue is blocks)
:smallcool::smalltongue:
:smalltongue::smallfurious:

Lava will burn you, and you can "swim" up water.

Partof1
2011-05-21, 08:57 PM
If there's a fluid block on the other side of a diagonal edge, you interact with it. (top view, cool is you, furious is liquid, tongue is blocks)
:smallcool::smalltongue:
:smalltongue::smallfurious:

Lava will burn you, and you can "swim" up water.

Oh, well, that's definitely good to know. I've never encountered it before, so I thought it was a lag issue or something. I just gotta be more careful, then.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-21, 09:25 PM
First portal made. Time to go get stuff for my nether themed floor!

EDIT:
I want to replace the torch covered walls of my lighthouse with something better looking. Do you guys think I should use glowstone, or burning netherrack?

Scuzzball
2011-05-21, 11:47 PM
Colours work. Complain if I got them wrong again. I gave Default &7(Grey) Donators &1(Dark Blue), Mods &4(Dark Red) and Admins &b (Can't spell it)

http://ess.khhq.net/mc/

Edit:
Oh, and do we want prefixes?

[Admin] Scuzzball?
[Chairman] forbiddenwar?

Frankelshtein
2011-05-22, 12:51 AM
Colours work. Complain if I got them wrong again. I gave Default &7(Grey) Donators &1(Dark Blue), Mods &4(Dark Red) and Admins &b (Can't spell it)

But... grey feels so demeaning! Can't us plebeians have a nice white? :smalltongue:

factotum
2011-05-22, 01:47 AM
Though i thought lava destroyed buckets...

It'll destroy a bucket if you just drop the bucket into the lava, but if you USE the bucket on the lava then the bucket gets filled with lava and you can quite happily carry it around as long as you like. Yes, it makes no sense, but quite a few things in Minecraft are like that. :smallwink:

AgentPaper
2011-05-22, 02:21 AM
It'll destroy a bucket if you just drop the bucket into the lava, but if you USE the bucket on the lava then the bucket gets filled with lava and you can quite happily carry it around as long as you like. Yes, it makes no sense, but quite a few things in Minecraft are like that. :smallwink:

No no, see, the way the bucket is made, all the heat-transference properties of the metal are pushed to the outside of the bucket. So, lava in the bucket won't even warm it up, but if the outside is submerged in lava, then it transfers the heat to the whole bucket instantly, causing it to be vaporized.

Frog Dragon
2011-05-22, 08:37 AM
My grinder is now online. It can be found by warping to "leftgrinder"

It's kind of slow and erratic, but it does work. Just give it a bit when you try to use it.

If Gad's grinder is in use, this should serve as a decent alternate.

Edit: I've noticed a problem with the items in the water stream. Sometimes they travel for 4 seconds, then reset position to where they were 4 seconds ago. I imagine this is severely lagging the grinder, but there is nothing I can do. :smallfrown:

Scuzzball
2011-05-22, 09:37 AM
But... grey feels so demeaning! Can't us plebeians have a nice white? :smalltongue:

I just named everyone whose only job was to haul stuff around in Dwarf Fortress Plebs...

But no, white makes it hard to read. What other dull colour would you prefer over grey?

druid91
2011-05-22, 01:46 PM
Can we have... grey?:smallbiggrin:

Siosilvar
2011-05-22, 01:51 PM
Can we have... grey?:smallbiggrin:

I was going to say no, you can have gray, but then I realized that I spell it with an 'e' as well.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-22, 01:51 PM
No no, see, the way the bucket is made, all the heat-transference properties of the metal are pushed to the outside of the bucket. So, lava in the bucket won't even warm it up, but if the outside is submerged in lava, then it transfers the heat to the whole bucket instantly, causing it to be vaporized.

Alright Mr. Smarty-pants, tell me exactly how Gunpowder and Sand make TNT!

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-22, 02:04 PM
Er, I hate to ask again, but nobody's answered, after I've made stuff in a world in single player, is there a way to copy all those changes I've made to it into another world if I make one? Like if I decide to host a multiplayer server?

Also, the nether floor for my wizard tower is done, and will have a working portal in it once I find some diamonds. And I added a glass room to the bottom of the floating island the tower is on and filled it with water, so now my floating tower has a see-through pool-basement. I also built a more efficient water elevator than the messy waterfalls coming off of the top island I was using. I'm going to add an all-glass observatory to the top, and then build a farm on the third island, and possibly add some smaller towers branching off of the main tower for...I dunno...stuff.

I also want to build an airship dock.

AgentPaper
2011-05-22, 02:18 PM
Alright Mr. Smarty-pants, tell me exactly how Gunpowder and Sand make TNT!

They only call it TNT because "Gunpowder in a glass case" isn't nearly as catchy.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-22, 02:57 PM
They only call it TNT because "Gunpowder in a glass case" isn't nearly as catchy.

Touche, good sir, touche.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-22, 03:12 PM

Also, character limits.

shadow_archmagi
2011-05-22, 04:43 PM
Is there a way to get Poke (http://codefromthe70s.org/poke.aspx) or a similar program to work with Minecraft?

It can be really time consuming waiting for creepers to die in the death pit, and I'm trying to finish the dynamite crenelations on my exploding castle.

memnarch
2011-05-22, 04:52 PM
Is there a way to get Poke (http://codefromthe70s.org/poke.aspx) or a similar program to work with Minecraft?

It can be really time consuming waiting for creepers to die in the death pit, and I'm trying to finish the dynamite crenelations on my exploding castle.

Try an inventory editor?

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-22, 05:04 PM
Try an inventory editor?

I don't have 7-zip or Winrar or any of that unzipping stuff, so I can't use the too many items mod. Are there any inventory editors you know of and know how to install that don't require I unzip anything?

Phhase
2011-05-22, 05:11 PM
First portal made. Time to go get stuff for my nether themed floor!

EDIT:
I want to replace the torch covered walls of my lighthouse with something better looking. Do you guys think I should use glowstone, or burning netherrack?

Use Burning Robblestone for basements and stuff, but use Lightstone for other floors. In the ceiling =)

Imposter
2011-05-22, 05:12 PM

Poke works with minecraft. You need to have a decent number of the thing you want to create to start with, but editing the number of items in a stack is still an easy way to get more of something.

shadow_archmagi
2011-05-22, 05:30 PM
Poke works with minecraft. You need to have a decent number of the thing you want to create to start with, but editing the number of items in a stack is still an easy way to get more of something.

I tried it earlier and it wasn't going-

Wait, crap, I think I was on a multiplayer server at the time. That'd break it, right? I remember hearing Poke hated multiplayer.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-22, 05:57 PM
Okay, so i got 7-zip off the interwebs, but I have no idea how to get the too many items mod into my game. The online instructions are as confusing as the mind of the Joker after a night on the town.

memnarch
2011-05-22, 06:01 PM
I don't have 7-zip or Winrar or any of that unzipping stuff, so I can't use the too many items mod. Are there any inventory editors you know of and know how to install that don't require I unzip anything?

Here, put 7zip on (http://www.7-zip.org/). That will be a lot simpler for you.

And in Windows 7 it's called extracting, not unzipping. Right click and look for extract for .zip files.

Shadow, just use INVedit. It's a lot simpler.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-22, 06:14 PM
Here, put 7zip on (http://www.7-zip.org/). That will be a lot simpler for you.

And in Windows 7 it's called extracting, not unzipping. Right click and look for extract for .zip files.

Shadow, just use INVedit. It's a lot simpler.

Alright, thanks.

But now when I tell it to move the toomanyitems files to my minecraft.jar, it says the operation is not supported.

Imposter
2011-05-22, 06:17 PM
I tried it earlier and it wasn't going-

Wait, crap, I think I was on a multiplayer server at the time. That'd break it, right? I remember hearing Poke hated multiplayer.

Yeah, that isn't going to work. If the server and the client disagree, the server wins the argument.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-22, 06:33 PM
Strangely relevant. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dild9s2c94&feature=related)

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-22, 07:18 PM
Nevermind, i got it to work.

Mc. Lovin'
2011-05-23, 09:53 AM
Hey guys, I have a quick question about modding: What are the dangers to your save files? I've spent so long making my base have an alarm system connected to the different towns I've made, I don't want to have to restart. I'm worried mods could A. ruin the save and B. break the game after updates. Thoughts?

Destro_Yersul
2011-05-23, 09:57 AM
Simplest solution is to make periodical backups of your saves. Just copy the Save folder to somewhere else, like your desktop, and nothing mods can do will effect it. Then, if the mods do break the game after updates, you can just delete and re-download the client, stick the backups in the save folder, and bob's your uncle.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-23, 10:15 AM
Boats do NOT work well in MP apparently. Lesson learned.

I've started digging a nice little sand-entranced hovel on a beach near the nyancat. Built a dock, going to fill the entrance with glass walls and flowing lava eventually. (Which totally won't backfire on me. Nope, no way.)

One Tin Soldier
2011-05-23, 10:18 AM
The nyancat, you say? That's right next to my place. I guess I'll have to stop by.

memnarch
2011-05-23, 10:47 AM
Hey guys, I have a quick question about modding: What are the dangers to your save files? I've spent so long making my base have an alarm system connected to the different towns I've made, I don't want to have to restart. I'm worried mods could A. ruin the save and B. break the game after updates. Thoughts?

Depends on the mod. Some will make it dependent on the mod (like piston I think). Others won't (like Fly mod)

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-23, 10:49 AM
The nyancat, you say? That's right next to my place. I guess I'll have to stop by.

Yeah, I was building my dock and my girlfriend goes "Wait...stop...what the hell is that?" and it was just looming in the fog off in the distance. Highly amusing.

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-23, 11:38 AM

Mods that add recipes and/or blocks and/or items to the game will break your saves. Mods, like HD texture packs and wildgrass, that don't add anything to the game won't.

And the mod will only break your saves after a minecraft update comes out and before you've updated the mod. Assuming that the mod is ever updated.

Scuzzball
2011-05-23, 01:03 PM
Depends on the mod. Some will make it dependent on the mod (like piston I think). Others won't (like Fly mod)

Piston mod won't, minecraft just makes unknown blocks to smoothstone or something.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Um. I seriously had one. I'll edit this when I get home.
Right! Don't update to 1.6.
Steps to do this: if you minecraft login screen looks like this:
http://www.whitehack.org/Pictures/minecraft1.jpg
Go to minecraft.exe, delete it, and redownload it from http://minecraft.net/download.jsp
Login screen should now look fairly different. It will now ask you to update when the update comes out. Do not update if you want to use the server immediately onece it comes out, I will not be updating until plugins are compatible.

EDIT:
Could someone with a backup of the whitelist restore it? I forgot this weeks backkup.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-23, 02:23 PM
Hey guys, is there a way to hook up double iron doors to only open from one switch? I'm good with circuits IRL, but this redstone stuff is nothing like real life and confuses the ever-living poop outta me.

Qwertystop
2011-05-23, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, is there a way to hook up double iron doors to only open from one switch? I'm good with circuits IRL, but this redstone stuff is nothing like real life and confuses the ever-living poop outta me.

Just run 2 wires from the switch.

One Tin Soldier
2011-05-23, 02:39 PM
Indeed there is. And this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vxml4UTBUs) will show you how.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-23, 02:41 PM
Just run 2 wires from the switch.

That's not working. I put the wires next to the doors and one of them automatically opens, but if I add a switch or pressure plate afterwards it does nothing.

Gadora
2011-05-23, 02:56 PM
That's not working. I put the wires next to the doors and one of them automatically opens, but if I add a switch or pressure plate afterwards it does nothing.

You'll need to slap an inverter in one of the wires.

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-23, 03:00 PM
You'll need to slap an inverter in one of the wires.

A-whowhatnow?

I just looked on youtube for some tutorials and now I'm even more confused!

Forbiddenwar
2011-05-23, 03:22 PM
A-whowhatnow?

I just looked on youtube for some tutorials and now I'm even more confused!

Simple:

:smallfurious:=wire, :smallsigh:=block :smalleek:=red torch :smalltongue:=switch :smallbiggrin:door

This is an inverter.
:smalleek:
:smallsigh:

It inverts the charge, so what was on is now off and vice versa.
You need 3 inverters for double door (trust me). 1 line going to 1 door needs 1 inverter and 1 line going to the other door needs 2. like this:

:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin::smallfurious::smallfurious:
:smallfurious:_________:smallfurious:
:smalleek:_________:smalleek:
:smallsigh:________:smallsigh:
:smallfurious:________:smallfurious:
:smalleek:_______:smallfurious:
:smallsigh:________:smallfurious:
:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious: :smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious:
_______:smalltongue:_______
(on top)

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-23, 03:29 PM
Simple:

:smallfurious:=wire, :smallsigh:=block :smalleek:=red torch :smalltongue:=switch :smallbiggrin:door

This is an inverter.
:smalleek:
:smallsigh:

It inverts the charge, so what was on is now off and vice versa.
You need 3 inverters for double door (trust me). 1 line going to 1 door needs 1 inverter and 1 line going to the other door needs 2. like this:

:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin::smallfurious::smallfurious:
:smalleek:_________:smalleek:
:smallsigh:________:smallsigh:
:smallfurious:________:smallfurious:
:smalleek:_______:smallfurious:
:smallsigh:________:smallfurious:
:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious: :smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious:
_______:smalltongue:_______
(on top)

Um...is that a top view or a side view? And how do I do that when the doors are built into walls and have two blocks above them?

It's like very time someone tries to help me I just get more and more confused...

Imposter
2011-05-23, 04:02 PM
Um...is that a top view or a side view? And how do I do that when the doors are built into walls and have two blocks above them?

It's like very time someone tries to help me I just get more and more confused...

You might want to read what the minecraft wiki has to say about redstone logic gates. This (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits#NOT_Gate_.28.C2.AC.29) is an inverter, but if you don't want to bother, the method in the video linked by One Tin Soldier works.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-23, 04:20 PM
In the past five minutes i have fallen to my death six times while jamming my pinky so far into the shift key that it hurt. at no point did my pinky leave said shift key. you are not supposed to fall while crouching!

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-23, 06:02 PM
I just downloaded the planes mod exactly how it said to (but without the optional audiomod and loader MP) but none of the crafting recipes are doing anything...

littlebottom
2011-05-23, 06:18 PM
In the past five minutes i have fallen to my death six times while jamming my pinky so far into the shift key that it hurt. at no point did my pinky leave said shift key. you are not supposed to fall while crouching!

you can... cant you? i just thought people used shift to slow down so they can edge over the edge and place another block. i dont do that, because im pro:smallbiggrin:

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-23, 06:42 PM
Nope, if you approach a ledge while croughing you will go out a bit further and eventually stop until annother block is placed for you to walk on.

Least its supposed to work that way.

Qwertystop
2011-05-23, 06:47 PM
you can... cant you? i just thought people used shift to slow down so they can edge over the edge and place another block. i dont do that, because im pro:smallbiggrin:

Nope, its impossible to fall off edges while holding shift.

Gicko, did the other stuff (moving slower, lower view angle) happen? If not, you may have a broken shift key, or your keybindings may be changed.

Or maybe you accidentally broke the block you were standing on. That would not be stopped by crouching.

If all else fails, try rebinding crouching to another key.

EagleWiz
2011-05-23, 07:45 PM
I started playing minecraft recently, and need to get in on this GITP mindcraft server thing. Sign me up please!

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-23, 08:03 PM
Got the planes working. time for vehicles, and possibly airships.

Lorn
2011-05-23, 08:06 PM
Nope, its impossible to fall off edges while holding shift.
Actually, as the same thing happened to me a couple days back, it's possible there's a bug or something.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-23, 08:35 PM
yes i was moveing slowly and yes i had a lower veiw. No i did not distroy the block, as i was busy placeing blocks at the time.

i was simply walking with my shift key down, and then i fell. again and again and again.

Lady Tialait
2011-05-23, 10:01 PM
There is a glitch sometimes like that on multiplayer...I don't know about singleplayer.

Frankelshtein
2011-05-23, 10:06 PM
OhmygodtheplanemodlookssuperawesomeandnowIhavetogo tryit.

Alsothespacebarisbrokenonmykeyboard(notreally)

TechnoScrabble
2011-05-24, 01:46 PM
I just got the planes mod. LOVE IT.

druid91
2011-05-24, 01:51 PM
Same here with the planes mod, though I also put in the vehicle mod, and love the tank even more than the planes.

It never crashes and isn't as difficult to put together.

Besides hunting creepers with a tank is awesome.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-24, 02:02 PM
...Anyone else notice that the planes mod supports SMP?

HINT.

druid91
2011-05-24, 02:04 PM

HINT.

Actually yes.

But the problem as I see it, is that several of the planes have the capacity to cause hellish amounts of damage to unprotected buildings, imagine if you will, you go out to cut down a tree and return to find your house had the roof blown off and was then set on fire.

Or heck just drop a napalm bomb into a forest. Good luck putting that out.

Of course I think their are options to restrict ammunition and plane types. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-24, 02:20 PM
Actually yes.

Was I too subtle?

I noticed those issues. Maybe there could be a no fly zone over the cities? So you can just use flight to get from one place to another?

Or make a new world, and have it be for constant dogfights?

Anyway, how do I install these thing-a-ma-jigs?

EagleWiz
2011-05-24, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know how many minecart rails are needed to get the achevement (travel 1 km via minecart)?

Frankelshtein
2011-05-24, 06:39 PM

HINT.

Fixed for you.

The planes mod on the server would be amazing. Gamebreakingly amazing, sure, but still amazing.