PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] New Uses for Monks' Ki Pool

Mr. Zolrane
2011-05-17, 03:27 PM
So, I'm just getting into Pathfinder, and I really like the ki pool feature for monks, and I thought of some interesting new uses for it. I posted them on the PF thread in the 3.5 subforum, but it kinda got ignored due to everything else going on there. If you would, read this, and tell me what you think. I'm mostly checking for overpowered-nes and little caveats that a more experienced gamer would catch.

Rushing Flurry:
At 4th level, the monk gains the ability to spend 1 ki point to, on a charge attack, perform a Flurry and deal 2 points of extra damage per hit. This bonus increases by 2 for each four monk levels you have above 4th, at a maximum of 10 at level 20.
Aerial Flurry:
At 8th level, the monk gains the ability to spend 1 ki point to, as a full-round action, leap and attack an enemy in midair and perform a Flurry. The monk takes no damage from the subsequent fall. This ability can be used to strike at enemies up to 20 ft above the monk and 5 ft away horizontally. These distances increase by 20 ft and 5 ft respectively for each four monk levels you have above 8th, for a maximum of 80 ft and 20 ft respectively at Level 20
Rising Flurry:
At 12th level, the monk gains the ability to, as a full-round action, spend 2 ki points to perform a Flurry on an adjacent enemy and launch them 10 ft into the air with each hit. The target takes damage from the subsequent fall, but the monk does not. The height launched increases by 5 ft for each four monk levels you have above 12th, for a maximum of 20 ft at level 20.
Meteor Finish:
At 16th level, the monk may choose, on any successful attack during an Aerial Flurry or Rising Flurry to spent 1 ki point to end the Flurry with a powerful downward slam that sends the target rocketing toward the ground. The target is knocked prone, and takes double the normal damage from the fall.

Seerow
2011-05-17, 06:02 PM
What type of action is Aerial Flurry? It doesn't specify, and requires the enemy to be above you. Is this intended to be a standard/full round action that you use against flying enemies, or a immediate action you use to pummel someone trying to jump past you?

Mr. Zolrane
2011-05-17, 07:24 PM
What type of action is Aerial Flurry? It doesn't specify, and requires the enemy to be above you. Is this intended to be a standard/full round action that you use against flying enemies, or a immediate action you use to pummel someone trying to jump past you?

Valid point. Full round action. I'll adjust the wording accordingly. And it doesn't require, that they be above you directly, just that they be at a higher elevation, hence the horizontal jump distance. If the wording is unclear, I'll fix that too.