PDA

View Full Version : The Re-Birth of a World (IC)

ShadowySilence
2011-05-17, 05:58 PM
Three wanderers, all following their own paths will meet...
In a place of food and beer so sweet...
Brought by worries within their hearts...
Little do they know what they shall start...

- Someal I of the Broken Grimoire

The Wild Wind Inn creaked and moaned as the storm made a mess of the outside world. The only living creatures (other than the rats that is) within its old walls were the barkeep and three wanderers soaked with the Spring rain.

The barkeep was an old grizzled man, with a scar running down the side of his face. The room smells of stale beer and even more stale bread, but it must be the only tavern for miles and in this rain you aren't likely to find another place to stay dry.

You all know why you are here, you see the strangers, they came in just as you did. Are they merely there by coincidence, or is this something more?

The air feels electrically charged and none of you have taken a seat yet, still the barkeep pays little attention to any of you.

What do you do?

Frozen Messiah
2011-05-17, 08:36 PM
"Look here barkeep, I need something sitff. I don't really want to talk about it so don't play chatty with me." Oliver says as he ignores the rest of the people and takes his seat at the bar, bothered slightly by the height of the stool, "you take gnomish currency here?"

ShadowySilence
2011-05-17, 10:23 PM
"Look here barkeep, I need something sitff. I don't really want to talk about it so don't play chatty with me." Oliver says as he ignores the rest of the people and takes his seat at the bar, bothered slightly by the height of the stool, "you take gnomish currency here?"

The barkeep looks up, unimpressed by the traveler but nods. He gets out a bottle marked "Big Ben's" and places it on the bar. He holds out his hand for the money before letting go of the bottle, "That'll be four of yer pieces."

(Due to the economic prosperity of the Gnomes their currency is equal to the common currency from before the war, they were called Ru and many people still refer to their currency as this.)

(The barkeep is a human)

RunicLGB
2011-05-18, 12:28 AM
Kurthas decides to deal with these other strangers after he assures himself that he saw what he saw.

He begins speaking in a slow and strained common, with a thick dwarven accent. "A'scuse meh ma good Barman, have Ah been drunk by any o' yer brew alreadi tis day? Cus if not Ah fer tinkin Ah nid to be doin ta afore too much longer."

He hauls out a handful of his remaining coins, then stares between them and the ones that the Gnome had pulled out, noting the stark difference. "Hmmmmmm, be meh coin of good valya?"

OOC:Should I provide a translation for my accent or did everyone get that?:smallwink:

Ilriyn
2011-05-18, 02:02 PM
Ilriyn takes a moment to look around the darkened tavern, her bright blue eyes missing no detail. She grimaces at the smell and the sound of rats, but evidently decides that even this dump is preferable to bedding outside. She lightly steps up to the bar and asks the bartender, "A glass of hot spiced wine, if you carry such."

After seating herself on the tall stool, she watches the other two wanderers for a moment. She is visibly surprised by the sight of the stout dwarf. Turning to him, she says, "Excuse me, sir. Would you mind if I asked a rather impertinent question?"

Frozen Messiah
2011-05-18, 02:10 PM
The barkeep looks up, unimpressed by the traveler but nods. He gets out a bottle marked "Big Ben's" and places it on the bar. He holds out his hand for the money before letting go of the bottle, "That'll be four of yer pieces."

Oliver grabs the coins and places them on the counter. "Thank you kindly." He says as he grabs the bottle. He takes a drink of it letting the fluid slither down his throat. His focus though rests on the two people beside him who are about to engage in conversations. Why ask questions myself if others will do it for me Oliver thinks to himself.

RunicLGB
2011-05-18, 02:17 PM
While the bartender examines his coins Kurthas turns to woman at his side.

"Aye tat fen. What may yor question beh?"

Ilriyn
2011-05-18, 04:16 PM
"Are you, by chance, a dwarf?" Ilriyn says in a reserved tone. "I have heard conflicting reports as to if their kind still exists."

ShadowySilence
2011-05-18, 06:01 PM
Kurthas decides to deal with these other strangers after he assures himself that he saw what he saw.

He begins speaking in a slow and strained common, with a thick dwarven accent. "A'scuse meh ma good Barman, have Ah been drunk by any o' yer brew alreadi tis day? Cus if not Ah fer tinkin Ah nid to be doin ta afore too much longer."

He hauls out a handful of his remaining coins, then stares between them and the ones that the Gnome had pulled out, noting the stark difference. "Hmmmmmm, be meh coin of good valya?"

OOC:Should I provide a translation for my accent or did everyone get that?:smallwink:

The Barkeep inspects the coins closely for a good while and then takes about 4 cp worth (he actually just took 4 since he isn't sure, but he figures as long as it is made from metal it has some use), he places the drink on the counter and leaves the coins he did not take. The bottle is labeled "The Dirty Kobold Ale". He then turns his attention to Ilryn's call.

Ilriyn takes a moment to look around the darkened tavern, her bright blue eyes missing no detail. She grimaces at the smell and the sound of rats, but evidently decides that even this dump is preferable to bedding outside. She lightly steps up to the bar and asks the bartender, "A glass of hot spiced wine, if you carry such."

After seating herself on the tall stool, she watches the other two wanderers for a moment. She is visibly surprised by the sight of the stout dwarf. Turning to him, she says, "Excuse me, sir. Would you mind if I asked a rather impertinent question?"

The barkeep pulls out a dusty bottle marked "Desert Rose" with fine designs etched in. "What kind of money have ya got?"

Ilriyn
2011-05-18, 07:44 PM
The barkeep pulls out a dusty bottle marked "Desert Rose" with fine designs etched in. "What kind of money have ya got?"

"My money is Gnomish. You accept that, of course?" Ilriyn chattily says as she pulls out 4 coins.

ShadowySilence
2011-05-18, 08:34 PM
"My money is Gnomish. You accept that, of course?" Ilriyn chattily says as she pulls out 4 coins.

"Yah, Gnomish works fine."

Frozen Messiah
2011-05-18, 10:32 PM

"Huh, local girl then. Would makes sense with not seeing a dwarf and what not. Any specific location, I do some trading in these parts and I might the location." Oliver says as he glances over to the girl.

RunicLGB
2011-05-21, 12:29 PM
"Ay as the other little one say es rye. Em a dwarf. Weh wen undergoun fer a lon time afta te bad hap'n up ere. Ah ben send bah meh lord teh seh how te top world beh farin in tese dark times."

He then takes a deep drink from the mug, then puts down and shivers his head back and forth a bit. "Now teres a brew Ah'd remember drinkin'. Raw then no two ways bou't."

He leaves the bar and takes a single knee on the floor, muttering to himself in dwarven.
"My Father who is my Father by choice right and virtue please forgive me not believin what you showd me. As always I remain faithful, and shall do your will."

with that done he returns to the bar and takes a nother long draw from the mug, finishing it and calling out for another.

Frozen Messiah
2011-05-21, 01:44 PM
"That's Dwarves for you, always talking about family and tradition," Oliver says with a small grin, "twice the more when they got ale in 'em. Here's to family and here is to friends." and Oliver raises his small glass that he had taken out of his pack and downs all of it in one go.

RunicLGB
2011-05-22, 01:34 AM
After getting another mug Kurthas tilts his head slightly, closes one eye, and squints through the other at the gnome.

Dwarven:
"So you speak the deep tongue? Good. I thought I'd be drowining in bloody elf language up here. Can you tell me where I am? Wait never mind that question doesn't really matter. Do you know of Mason the Forgeheart? He would have appeared as a dwarf, but of great stature, working a forge. His voice is like a bellows echoing through the deepest subteranean chasms. He told me to come here, and if he spoke to you too I'd say I found the one he sent me to find."

Having said that, he turns back to his second mug and begins a long drawl, clearly aiming to empty the mug in one take.

Ilriyn
2011-05-22, 05:47 PM
"I wouldn't say that I'm a local girl, but I've certainly never seen a dwarf before," Ilriyn says to the gnome as she takes her bottle from the barkeeper. "Well I thank you for setting my mind at rest, Sir Dwarf; I'm pleased to meet you." She takes a small sip from her glass, and evidently pleased, she pours herself some more. "My name's Ilriyn, by the way," she says as she joins in Oliver's drink.

ShadowySilence
2011-05-22, 09:12 PM
"Ay as the other little one say es rye. Em a dwarf. Weh wen undergoun fer a lon time afta te bad hap'n up ere. Ah ben send bah meh lord teh seh how te top world beh farin in tese dark times."

He then takes a deep drink from the mug, then puts down and shivers his head back and forth a bit. "Now teres a brew Ah'd remember drinkin'. Raw then no two ways bou't."

He leaves the bar and takes a single knee on the floor, muttering to himself in dwarven.
"My Father who is my Father by choice right and virtue please forgive me not believin what you showd me. As always I remain faithful, and shall do your will."

with that done he returns to the bar and takes a nother long draw from the mug, finishing it and calling out for another.

The barkeep quietly accepts the money for the next drink (worth 4 cp) and slides another bottle into Kurthas' hand.

"I wouldn't say that I'm a local girl, but I've certainly never seen a dwarf before," Ilriyn says to the gnome as she takes her bottle from the barkeeper. "Well I thank you for setting my mind at rest, Sir Dwarf; I'm pleased to meet you." She takes a small sip from her glass, and evidently pleased, she pours herself some more. "My name's Ilriyn, by the way," she says as she joins in Oliver's drink.

After getting another mug Kurthas tilts his head slightly, closes one eye, and squints through the other at the gnome.

Dwarven:
"So you speak the deep tongue? Good. I thought I'd be drowining in bloody elf language up here. Can you tell me where I am? Wait never mind that question doesn't really matter. Do you know of Mason the Forgeheart? He would have appeared as a dwarf, but of great stature, working a forge. His voice is like a bellows echoing through the deepest subteranean chasms. He told me to come here, and if he spoke to you too I'd say I found the one he sent me to find."

Although you hear yourself speak the others hear you not, even if they could have understood. The will of Mason holds your tongue silent, and a sense of uneasiness enters into your body.

After Ilryin states her name a hooded figure enters the Inn, their cloak is blood red and snow white. They walk slowly towards your small gathering without looking up, their face hidden. They speak in a low whispering tone of common "I have come to finish what has only just started, the prophecies are wrong, and you all shall die tonight..." The cloaked figure looks up at you and you see they are a gnome, but their eyes are missing in their sockets.

You all feel as though you are planted in place, unable to move or even speak as the strangers ranting becomes even louder "The world must be re-made, death to all for life to all..." They come closer, a large bloody knife now in their hand.

The Barkeep suddenly is behind the cloaked figure, and you hear a thud as the body falls to the ground and starts to fade into ash. Your invisible bonds have been loosened. "That was Barro, the son of your acquaintances' leader back home Oliver. The world needs all of you, even those who are not with you yet and do not realize their part. Even Barro here had a part in the prophecy, no matter how much he meant to end it." A great burst of flame surrounds the Barkeep, and he appears as Mason the Forgeheart. "I have called all of you here through one means or another, and for any pains I have caused you I apologize. As you may have heard rumors of, the Pantheon is divided. The Earth has become our prison, but soon we shall be able to return to the heavens or hells. On our return we must make a decision that will determine the fate of all. This is where you come in, it is your duty to fight the powers of those who would end what could be re-born in peace. Your enemies are many, cults, monsters, and the gods themselves. I leave you now, take the blade of the fallen cultist and it will lead you to your first step." The god disappears leaving you alone outside, the inn gone with him. The only remaining evidence is the bloody dagger at your feet, the coins have been returned to your packs.

What do you do?

RunicLGB
2011-05-23, 02:28 AM
Kurthas once again falls to his knee and lowers his head for a very breef dwarven prayer.

"Thanks be to you Father"

He then stands up and walks briskly toward the fallen knife, but then stops and spins. "Fergiv meh maneh rudenesses up ti nah. Meh nem is Kurthas Forgeheart, son o..."

Then remembering his previous attempt to discuss that matter, Kurthas changes his words.

"Waell if Ah wen thru te whole liss wed nevah git on are way. Nuff ta say tha Ahm ere to do what tha fiery one went and tol meh too, an ya can truss meh ta do it till meh legs stop carryin meh and mah heart stop pumpin blood."

Frozen Messiah
2011-05-23, 04:52 AM
Oliver looked at the dagger, and then looked at the girl, and then at the dwarf, and then back at the dagger. "What the hell was that?" Oliver yells rhetorically "NO...no, that did not just happen. The bartender slipped something in my....you know what it's better to just go with this. At least I know that I can do my brother proud this way." Oliver fininshes by grabbing the dagger from the ground.

"Oh, if you didn't know I'm Oliver." He says after rembering his lack of introduction, "well than I think it's time to figure out where we are going." and with that Oliver throws the blade in the air hoping that it would do something.

ShadowySilence
2011-05-23, 07:23 AM
The blade goes up into the cool morning air with little resistance, and comes back down stabbing into the cool earth. The sun has risen in the West, and the clouds are gone showing only early morning sky. The blade's shadow rests upon the ground, leading towards the sun...

Frozen Messiah
2011-05-23, 04:05 PM
The blade goes up into the cool morning air with little resistance, and comes back down stabbing into the cool earth. The sun has risen in the West, and the clouds are gone showing only early morning sky. The blade's shadow rests upon the ground, leading towards the sun...

"I guess we are going that way." Oliver says with a small smile as he picks up the dager and slides it in his sleeve.

Ilriyn
2011-05-23, 11:43 PM
Ilriyn looks around in a daze for a short while, then seems to collect herself. To Kurthas she says, "Now I don't hold any obligation to any god, much less a dwarven one. And," she now turns to Oliver, "I don't know anything about this Barro person, nor do I want to get involved in gnomish politics. But something feels wrong with the world, and I want to get to the bottom of it."

With that Ilriyn grabs her pack and shifts it around until it rests comfortably on her chalk-colored shoulders. Starting towards the door, she pauses only to grab her bottle of wine, still nearly full. "Shall we go? The day isn't getting younger." She says as she points to the ever-brightening sky outside.

RunicLGB
2011-05-24, 01:19 AM
Upon seeing the dagger's most unusual reaction with light Kurthas squints harshly at it. "Waelllll thas a bit o magic abot tha kanifee Ahd say."

Dwarven:
"I'll follow your sign Father"

"Onwar meh gent an lass!" Kurthas quickly takes off toward the son, straight in the direction that the shadow pointed.

If/when he begins to go off the road or get to far away from his recently aquired companions. "Da anay o ya kuhno wha be tha way?" And he points is thick arm in the appointed direction while turning his nearly closed eyes back on the two.

Frozen Messiah
2011-05-24, 06:18 PM
If/when he begins to go off the road or get to far away from his recently aquired companions. "Da anay o ya kuhno wha be tha way?" And he points is thick arm in the appointed direction while turning his nearly closed eyes back on the two.

"No idea, gonna find out when we get there though." Oliver says as he begins on his way.

"Um I am a little curious however what are your skill sets, I am a buissness man so I like to know what I have on hand." Oliver asks his 2 companions without looking back

RunicLGB
2011-05-25, 01:37 AM
"Skill sets?" Kurthass barks in reaction. "Waellll yur a fruntwerd one ant ya?" The stout dwarf begins walking after Oliver. "Pusonalleh Ahm naught bu a waryor, ahn ifn be awrot to say Ahd say Ahm a dawn good one."

Frozen Messiah
2011-05-25, 04:12 AM
"Skill sets?" Kurthass barks in reaction. "Waellll yur a fruntwerd one ant ya?" The stout dwarf begins walking after Oliver. "Pusonalleh Ahm naught bu a waryor, ahn ifn be awrot to say Ahd say Ahm a dawn good one."

"I like to here that my dwarven friend." Oliver says with a small smile, "it is always interesting to interact with a culture like your that has such a bond with their family and ancestors."

Ilriyn
2011-05-27, 12:11 AM
"That sounds like a reasonable request." Ilriyn says as she bends down to pick a small flower from a weed growing by the side of the dusty road. "My talents are rather... unconventional," she says with a slight smile. Conjuring an intense blue flame which covers her hand, Ilriyn slowly burns the flower. Then, after spying a large rock, she points her finger at it and emits a crackling bolt of lightning which shatters the stone into pieces. "How about you, Oliver? What are your talents?"

ShadowySilence
2011-06-05, 01:41 PM
OOC:
I am sorry for not posting this earlier, I thought I had but it must have timed me out... (why oh why do you hate me internet :smallsigh: ). I tried to tell you earlier to tell me when you were done RPing. I just finished up some major stuff so I should be able to settle down for Summer now, and hopefully soon get your pics done (please don't throw pointy objects at me, I am sorry for the slowness :smallfrown:). I should have suspected something didn't go right from my end when no more posts were coming, although if you guys aren't that into it just say so, I have been in enough games to understand when people lose interest.

Frozen Messiah
2011-06-06, 03:41 AM
"That sounds like a reasonable request." Ilriyn says as she bends down to pick a small flower from a weed growing by the side of the dusty road. "My talents are rather... unconventional," she says with a slight smile. Conjuring an intense blue flame which covers her hand, Ilriyn slowly burns the flower. Then, after spying a large rock, she points her finger at it and emits a crackling bolt of lightning which shatters the stone into pieces. "How about you, Oliver? What are your talents?"

"Basically getting into trouble and then getting out of it." Oliver says with a small smile on his face as he remebers some of the nonsesnes he had gotten into with Leeroy

OOC:

Sorry about not posting, a lot of stuff hit me at around the same time and rembering what game I had and what not became a chore. Will be trying to stay as regular as possible from now on.

ShadowySilence
2011-06-06, 09:33 AM
"Basically getting into trouble and then getting out of it." Oliver says with a small smile on his face as he remebers some of the nonsesnes he had gotten into with Leeroy

OOC:

Sorry about not posting, a lot of stuff hit me at around the same time and rembering what game I had and what not became a chore. Will be trying to stay as regular as possible from now on.

OOC:
I totally understand, RL always comes before anything online and like you said remembering which games you were in can get to be a pretty big job when you have been gone for a while.