PDA

View Full Version : The Great Game Spins Out of Control - IC

Toliudar
2011-05-17, 11:29 PM
The Charcoal Palace is a haven of relative comfort in the City of Brass, which is itself one of the few places on the plane of fire where outsiders can go without extraordinary protections.

Not that such matters particularly concern three such extraordinary individuals.

The City of Brass is a swirling hive of activity. Furnaces belching smoke day and night, the acrid smoke blending with ash storms washing in from the lake of flame and the perpetual smell of sweat from nearly every outsider in the city.

Each of you has been guests in the Palace for two days now, mostly meeting with the ruthlessly efficient yet strangely preoccupied efreeti Jasmine Al-Hyan. Rumours have been circulating in the palace - a strange mix of stories about drastic disruptions in the landscape. Jasmine carefully and gracefully deflected any inquiries directed against her.

All three heroes' business with Al-Hyan was completed this morning. There is a formal dinner to which each of the three have been invited in several hours. Al-Hyan has smoothly and without a trace of a threat suggested that the city was in a 'highly excited' state, and that it might be most pleasant to spend the intervening hours in the palace's extraordinary arboretum - a place that redefines 'hothouse'. But the gates to the Charcoal Palace are open to you, should you wish to shop, see the sights...whatever your hearts desire.

AmberVael
2011-05-18, 09:05 AM
Jasmine may be fairly tired of Tsuki by this point, who has been pestering her about the rumors every chance she could get. No matter her lack of success, it is increasingly clear that Tsuki will not drop the subject until she gets a satisfactory answer.

Despite her persistence Tsuki herself is fairly discouraged at the lack of answers. She passes time in her guest room, voicing her opinions and worries to whoever will listen.
"I just don't get it."
She says with a pout, gathering up a pillow in her arms. Currently, she was sprawled across her bed, staring at the wall and talking to no one as far anyone else could see.
"They should want help, right?"

It is not always that simple, dear.
Says the hound in his rough voice, grinning as he stalks through her mind.
People can be strange sometimes. What they need is not always what they want, and sometimes, they do not even know what they want or need.
But you can still help you know. It is not like they could stop you, even if they wanted to. You are the daughter of Sen Gin Rin, after all.

"That... doesn't sound right."
Tsuki says cautiously back to the hound.

He just grins back to her, taking the form of a red eyed shadow flitting across the walls.
Oh I agree, it is not the nicest method at all. But there is much at stake here, is there not? Is it really worse to upset people than to let them die due to their own arrogance?

Tsuki continues to frown, and the hound speaks sympathetically to her, the grin fading away for the moment.
Little scale, you know I just want what is best for you, and it pains me to see your good will spurned, especially when there is ever so much danger here. But I understand your hesitation.
His shadowed head rests on her shoulder in a gesture of comfort.
Still, you simply cannot wait on them forever. You may need to take matters into your own hands. While the invitation they have given to you is promising, perhaps you should consider doing a little work on your own. Surely there is someone in the city who would have a few clues?

"You're right."
Tsuki says decisively.
"I should go look for myself. If there really is a stir like Jasmine said, the people have to know something."
She hops up to her feet and buckles on her belt, stowing away all her necessary belongings in it.

The ever present toothy smile returns to the hound's face as he slips back into her shadow.
A very wise choice, dear. You have been cooped up in this stuffy palace, after all, with so very little chance to talk to anyone at all interesting.

Tsuki gives the hound an amused smile in return and rolls her eyes as she heads out towards the gate of the Charcoal Palace, and then beyond. She has no destination in mind, but will inevitably be drawn to the biggest and most fascinating sights.

Niezck
2011-05-18, 10:46 AM
Relieved to have some time off to himself in the fine city, Corisar has spent his time wandering the streets, seeking blacksmiths large and small. Despite his limited success and the sheer number of smiths to investigate, he does not lose hope!

Walking into the next smith on his list's place, Corisar puts on his biggest smile as he meets the Efreeti's gaze.

"Greetings fine sir! How are you today? And such a fine day it is here in your lovely city!"

He speaks as though he were an old, lost friend of the Efreeti and doesn't even wait for replies before continuing on, despite being given a cold, blank stare.

"So, I have a query for a fine smith such as yourself on this aforementioned wonderful day! Would you mind taking a look at this for me?"

With a flourish the elf removes a sword not dissimilar to a greatsword, yet slimmer, sharper and more exquisite. More than that though, where a greatsword would have a solid, often shining, blade this sword instead has a blade made of golden pulsing light. Painful to the touch yet so innocent and harmless to look at, Corisar's blade really stood out here, less so than anywhere else however. Handing it to the Efreeti handle-first he beams as the smith finally reacts and takes a hold of it, inspecting it roughly.

"I need to find its maker, it's vitally important you see. Nothing really comes before it in my view. So, I was wondering, could you tell me if you know anybody who makes a similar sort of thing?"

As he stands there in that smiths workshop, it suddenly hits the elf why it's so uncomfortable. He smacks himself in the face in a jokey way.

"Ah, silly me, would you excuse me a moment?"

Turning away he mutters under his breath and gives a quick flourish with his left hand as his body glows a bright red colour momentarily before fading away.

"Now then, where was I? Yes, yes that's it. Do you know of a smith that could make such a beautiful sword?"

Cardea
2011-05-18, 11:37 AM
A dull thud comes out as it hits the ground, bouncing down off it, and then back into her hand. A small ball falls from her hand again, dull thud, and then back to her hand. The right one, to be exact. Her feet walk, however, and her left hand is constantly... shifting. Darts come out of her fingers, falling towards the ground, before rising back up into her body, melding with it, and disappearing from sight. A scimitar wreathed in fire, a longsword crackling with energy, a mace that hums with power, a whip that drips acid. These come out, then back in, as she practices her power. Stay loose - stay alert - stay good.

Wandering down the hallways, she feels... anxious. Places of royalty or hierarchy have always made her... defiant. The carpets, the space, the tapestries, the people... she wanted to cut it down. Burn it down. Ironic, considering their location. She.... she needed some space.

She left through the main doors of the Palace, and paused outside the doors. There was a trick she wanted to try... from her body, came out some shapes. They melded out, and took the form of swords in scabbards. Three of them. On her arm, she made it look like there were knives in sheathes, wrapped to it by leather straps. And on her hands, she warped them, making them look like gauntlets. It was a cheap mimicry, but it tended to provoke others. She needed something to hit.

She wandered through the streets, keeping an eye out for anyone that seemed especially 'froggy' or agitated. She saw Corisar, heckling a blacksmith, but kept to the crowds and walked away. She needed someone to beat on; and she harassed Corisar enough that he deserved a break from her.

Toliudar
2011-05-18, 12:45 PM
Ah well. so much for sticking together.

Tsuki:
The City of Brass is like a great island in the lake of fire, with the Charcoal Palace at its pinnacle. Below, stretching over a dozen districts, a mixture of broad boulevards literally hammered out of brass, and dirty winding streets made of pumice and coated with ash, can deliver you to a hundred delights. Nearly half of the city are efreet, and there are also a bewildering array of other fiery creatures - azer, salamanders, mephits, tolgogs and ti'rath. Many fire-creatures, and more than a few sweating mortals, wear copper bracelets that mark them as slaves. Some bear litters or haul wagons, while others seem to go about their business like any citizen or visitor. There are a few mortals, or visitors from other esoteric realms - fiends, modrons, and many creatures dressed in robes that conceal their precise nature. All bursting with warmth...and news.

The greatest sight of the city - or at the very least, its most prominent - turns out to be the Golden Spire, a magnificent tulip-like structure, more than 300 feet high, rising out of the warehouses and offices of the merchant district. As the name suggests, it gleams with the brilliance of real gold, and Tsuki can see two mephits with cleaning equipment hard at work keeping it that way.

People of all races seem to be thronging the public squares and markets, and it takes no special gift to draw out of them what all of the excitement has been about. Over recent weeks, four large magma islands have disappeared from the lake of flame. Divinations and prayers to Imix and other popular gods have gone unanswered.

One returned more or less unchanged, just a few hours later. One came back a day later, stripped of all of the occupants of a lucrative iron mine that it contained. One is still missing. And one has just reappeared today, about fifty miles away from the city, and come back dramatically changed. It's said that the Sultan's navy is keeping people back while they try to figure out what's happened.

Corisar:

The City of Brass is like a great island in the lake of fire, with the Charcoal Palace at its pinnacle. Below, stretching over a dozen districts, a mixture of broad boulevards literally hammered out of brass, and dirty winding streets made of pumice and coated with ash, can deliver you to a hundred delights. Nearly half of the city are efreet, and there are also a bewildering array of other fiery creatures - azer, salamanders, mephits, tolgogs and ti'rath. Many fire-creatures, and more than a few sweating mortals, wear copper bracelets that mark them as slaves. Some bear litters or haul wagons, while others seem to go about their business like any citizen or visitor. There are a few mortals, or visitors from other esoteric realms - fiends, modrons, and many creatures dressed in robes that conceal their precise nature. All bursting with warmth...and news.

People of all races seem to be thronging the public squares and markets, and it takes no special gift to draw out of them what all of the excitement has been about. Over recent weeks, four large magma islands have disappeared from the lake of flame. Divinations and prayers to Imix and other popular gods have gone unanswered.

One returned more or less unchanged, just a few hours later. One came back a day later, stripped of all of the occupants of a lucrative iron mine that it contained. One is still missing. And one has just reappeared today, about fifty miles away from the city, and come back dramatically changed. It's said that the Sultan's navy is keeping people back while they try to figure out what's happened.

Searching out the finest smiths, Corisar has been guided to the exceptionally smoky and active Char district. His welcome in the large smithy is warmer than he expected, both literally and figuratively. A burly and abundantly round efreet oversees the work of a dozen azer, but is pleased to turn to speak with Corisar when he enters. Treated as an old friend, the efreet responds with equal cheerfulness.

"Certainly, sir, it is an extraordinary sword. Sir very clearly has excellent taste, else why would he have made his way to Al'bar's Blades? While it is an exceptional blade, sir, it lacks the resilience that is the specialty of my dedicated and gifted team. If sir would be interested, sir would be welcome to settle and refresh himself with some tea and perhaps some dried almonds, I would be pleased to discuss ways in which we could work towards crafting you an even greater blade."

Niezck
2011-05-18, 12:53 PM
"Thank you for the kind offer, but I'm happy with my blade as it is. Tell me though, while it may not be of your craft, do you know who might have made such a sword? I have yet to find a single smith that could lay claim to it, and this saddens me greatly."

Still beaming at the Efreeti and now significantly more comfortable with the heat, Corisar ponders a moment before continuing.

"Oh and have you heard about that island? Returned just today they say. Mad times I say, absolutely mad times."

Toliudar
2011-05-18, 05:17 PM
Jenevien

While Corisar and Tsuki's footsteps had instinctively taken them south and west along the Tempered Street, towards the merchant and smithy districts, Jenevien's steps take her south along the Street of Stelae, skirting the harbour district, and towards the Street of Vine. Here, the buildings are smaller, closer together. Dozens of efreet, salamanders and stranger creatures cluster in nervous knots of conversation. There are a few mortals here - mostly rough-looking humans, orcs and hobgoblins.

The street winds around and over a lazy canal of fire. The stench of grime, ash and sweat in this neighbourhood is extraordinary. To Jenevien's left, there is a gambling hall stumbling uncertainly to life. To her right, a drinking establishment called, dubiously, 'The Angel's Tears.' An alley beside the gambling hall reveals half a dozen scarred and battered salamanders and a one-armed efreeti, who jeer and make recommendations about how their tails might interact with Jenevien's body in not-generally-anticipated ways.

Cardea
2011-05-18, 05:35 PM
Jenevian raises an eyebrow, and heads inside the alleyway, making eye contact with the one-armed efreet. Her hips sway, her arms raised, bent at the elbow, her hands elegant. She smiles, a humorous smile, as the knives and swords and scabbards are re-absorbed into her body. She stops a few feet in front of them, before adopting a mocking stance, her hands behind her back, and speaks. "What's wrong, cripple? Your last lady take out an arm after you couldn't please her? Or did one of your boys cut it off after you couldn't please him?"

Forming two +6 Frost Burst Gauntlets on hands.
Taking up the following Stances: Eternal Diamond Stance, Stance of Alacrity, Stance of the Four Winds.

Toliudar
2011-05-18, 05:50 PM
Jenevien:
The efreet snarls back at Jenevien, staring at the wisps of ice coming off of her hands.

"More coldlander crap! Haven't you done enough, you and yours, bitch? Go home!"

Toliudar
2011-05-18, 05:53 PM
Corisar:
The smith takes the blade in hand with surprising gentleness for one of his size. He sniffs the blade.

"Elf-make, unless I miss my guess. Not sure what world, though. Have you asked around in Arborea?

"And as for the troubles - well, I don't hear much except the buzzing of old fear-mongers here, but word is that it's cold. Not just made solid like, but cold."

Cardea
2011-05-18, 06:04 PM
"Tch." Jenevian says, as everything comes down to a halt. Her palms open up, as she moves in an instant, in front of the Efreet. Her open hands surge, one after the other, into his chest. After the quick assault, she quickly steps backwards, her hands cross in front of her. "Watch your mouth, cripple."

I would like to say beforehand that Jenevian is not always this... cruel, I guess?

Two-weapon fighting without two-weapon fighting feat. Penalties for main hand is -4, penalties for off-hand is -8.
In a Diamond Mind Stance, so I add Intelligence to damage rolls. I gain a +5 bonus to attack since I am full-attacking twice on him.
Non-lethal damage, so additional -4 penalty.
Edit: Total of 347 Nonlethal Damage, if they all hit.
First Round
One
Main:[roll0]
[roll1]
Off:[roll2]
[roll3]
Two
Main:[roll4]
[roll5]
Off:[roll6]
[roll7]
Three
Main:[roll8]
[roll9]
Off:[roll10]
[roll11]
Four
Main:[roll12]
[roll13]
Off:[roll14]
[roll15]
Second Round
One
Main:[roll16]
[roll17]
Off:[roll18]
[roll19]
Two
Main:[roll20]
[roll21]
Off:[roll22]
[roll23]
Three
Main:[roll24]
[roll25]
Off:[roll26]
[roll27]
Four
Main:[roll28]
[roll29]
Off:[roll30]
[roll31]

AmberVael
2011-05-18, 06:19 PM
Tsuki

Not too long after she starts wandering, by chance Tsuki notices Jenevian heading down towards the seedier part of town. Hadn't she seen her in the palace? And she certainly wasn't a local... intrigued, Tsuki abandons her rumor gathering to go follow after her.

Tsuki is not a particularly stealthy person, but she gets the idea that perhaps it would be better for her to go unseen so she watches Jenevian approach- and then assault- one of efreeti from around a corner nearby. The sudden violence and the air of the place around her was unnerving, but Tsuki was nonetheless intrigued (and a bit scared) of the situation she now found herself in.

Of course, given that she has little skill at hiding, and quite obviously doesn't belong in this sector of town, it might just get worse for her.

I hope you don't mind, but I figure it helps you consolidate, and I was thinking it'd be interesting to have Tsuki follow along after Jenevian.

Tsuki will make her hide and move silently, but I have no expectation that she'll actually succeed.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

She won't join in the fight unless compelled to by someone else.

Niezck
2011-05-18, 06:23 PM
Nodding to the Efreet, Corisar is saddened to hear yet again no results on his search.

"Oh well, guess I'll go check out Arborea some time. Well, thank you for your time kind sir. Have a good day!"

With that the elf leaves the blacksmith, pondering what to do next. Maybe go see what Jenny's doing? Then again, that's probably a bad idea, she's usually in some trouble or another. Ah well.

Corisar closes his eyes for a moment, deep in thought. Seconds later and he opens them, sighs to himself and makes toward Jen.

Discern Location

Toliudar
2011-05-18, 06:33 PM
Jenevien and Tsuki:
The first two blows send the one-armed efreet reeling to the ground. The second pair take out the salamander who had been crouching next to him. The other salamanders behind them back off down the alley.

"Hey, relax, lady. It was just a suggestion. You don't want a good time, fine by us."

Corisar:
"And a gracious good day to you, sir! Enjoy your stay in our beautiful city!"

Finding a quiet place off the path of traffic, he begins casting his spell.
Discern Location has a ten minute casting time. I'll let you know when you're done.

Cardea
2011-05-18, 06:42 PM
"Oh, really? Just a suggestion?" Jenevian spits on the Efreet, then shoots a cold glance at the remaining salamanders. "What'd he call me? Coldlander? Bitch? I insulted him because you all 'suggested' disgusting things with your tails. I beat him down because he called me bitch. That Salamander got hit too, because he was closest. Tell me, do I have to hit you because he called me a coldlander, too? I'll give you twelve seconds to take these two out of my sight, making yourselves scarce in the process. One..."

Toliudar
2011-05-18, 06:49 PM
Jenevien & Tsuki:

There is a brief and unspoken conference among the remaining salamanders, and none seem willing to go back towards the crazy lady. They all turn and slither off down the alley, splitting off at a t-intersection at the back of the building.

Tsuki witnesses all of this from an outcropping across the street. The light is sufficiently omnidirectional that it's hard to call what she's standing in 'shadows', but she feels at least out of direct scrutiny.

And, ooc, thank you for arranging to connect!

Cardea
2011-05-18, 06:59 PM
Jenevian sighs heavily, and taps the efreets head with the tip of her boot, making his head face to the side, instead of to the ground. She holds still for a moment, before 'regrowing' her knives and scabbards and swords, and walking out of the alleyway, content with this little 'warm-up.'

AmberVael
2011-05-18, 07:13 PM
Well isn't she something.

"T-that was horrible!"
Tsuki says in reply, pressing back against the wall she was hiding near. She keeps watches Jenevian as the woman walks casually away, leaning her head out to keep track of her.

Was it really? It seemed... decisive to me.
Luna's claws flexed, her predatory eyes gleaming.
She put them in their place, showed them her dominance. It's the natural order, plain as predator and prey. And don't tell me you didn't think watching her do it was a little thrilling; you didn't stop her, after all.

This time, Luna doesn't get a response as Tsuki bites her lip, waits a little longer, then slips out of her hiding spot, walking casually as if she were moving down the street.
"Hey, aren't you Jenevian?"
She asks, putting on a smile and a friendly tone.
"I think we may have seen each other up at the palace."

Cardea
2011-05-19, 07:12 AM
"You want more you s-!" Jenevian stops herself, as she turns around. She looks down at the woman, and takes in her appearance. Eyes... dark silver. Hair, dark silver. Petite. No place here, by her looks. But then again, appearances are deceiving. "Sorry. Yes, I'm Jenevian. Although... I can't say I've had the pleasure of seeing you, before."

AmberVael
2011-05-19, 08:16 AM
"I'm Tsuki!"
She answers cheerfully, reaching out to give Jenevian a swift hug before glancing down the alleys the salamanders escaped down.
"I bet those guys are going to come back with friends. I'm sure you could handle them, but it's probably better not to get thrown out of the city, right?"

Wow, she really has some muscles.
Tsuki thinks to herself, staring for a second before she snaps her gaze back to Jenevian's eyes.
"I know a quick shortcut back to the streets we could take."

Cardea
2011-05-19, 12:36 PM
Jenevian stops herself from growing spikes out of her body. Hugs were... well, it was definitely odd. The strange girl lets go of Jenevian, and she calms down. "They can't alert the guards if their jaws ar- yeah... it would be better not to." She breathes in, and the knives and scabbards and swords are re-absorbed back into her body "Sure. Lead the way."

Niezck
2011-05-19, 01:01 PM
Having discovered where Jenny is, Corisar makes his way toward her, humming an old elven tune as he goes and smiling to all he passes.

Seeing Jen in the street with another strange woman, Corisar puts on his most gentlemanly smile and approaches the pair.

"Madame, Jen. How are you ladies this fine, but warm, day?"

Bowing to the new arrival, the elf tips his hat.

"Corisar Tiayr, professional explorer at your service ma'am."

AmberVael
2011-05-19, 01:36 PM
Tsuki is about to show the way when Corisar shows up. She pauses for a second, then smiles.
"Hi, I'm Tsuki, but we've got to get moving because we don't want to stay here because some mean guys might come back c'mon lets get moving."
With that, she grabs their hands and abruptly pulls them off down the alleyway, possibly pulling them off balance for a second with her enthusiasm- though she's hardly strong enough to just carry them off unwillingly.

She'll drag them off towards the Golden Spire, assuming they don't put up a fight.

Toliudar
2011-05-19, 01:54 PM
Once out of the rookery district, the scenery improves dramatically, although the moods of the locals seems not to be. Passing a large market square, the three observe a large gathering of efreet and other fire-creatures, clustered around a dozen chanting efreet.

Speak Ignan?
It seems to be a public memorial service for what are described at one point as "the thousands of our fellows, snuffed out by the whims of the Coldlander gods."

Several of the fire-folk turn to glare at the three as they pass.

The Golden Spire can be seen off in the distance, a beautiful and slender bulb on top of a slender tower, jutting hundreds of feet into the air. It still fails to rival the sheer magnitude and solemnity of the Charcoal Palace - deliberately so, you suspect, since from what you know of the Sultan, competing with him head to head is not a wise career choice - but there is a lightness and joy to its architecture that is uncommon in this place of iron, brass and heat.

AmberVael
2011-05-21, 11:15 PM
"Well, this looks like a nicer place."
Tsuki says decisively, glad to be in a more pleasant area, especially after the glares they had received.
"So, like I said, I'm Tsuki. I'm here as a guest to the Sultan, and he's invited me to dinner tonight. There are going to be a few others there too, from what I hear, and I've seen both of you around the palace... were you invited?"
Her tone is cheerful, and she seems more curious than anything else.

Niezck
2011-05-23, 06:46 AM
"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Tsuki!"

The elf beams as he outstretches his hand to Tsuki.

"Yeah, me and Jen were invited to the Sultan's dinner tonight too. Any idea what it'll be about?"

Cardea
2011-05-24, 11:48 AM
"Yes, unfortunately, I was invited, and this dipstick," Jenevian says, extending a finger, sharpening it, and jabbing it into his side. She withdraws the finger, and wipes it on her leg. "Is automatically coming along."

AmberVael
2011-05-24, 05:54 PM
Corisar's hand is not shaken!
Instead, Tsuki assumes he is intending a one armed hug, so she gives him one right back.

"A pleasure to meet you as well! And I think the Sultan is going to talk to us about the problems in the elemental planes. Maybe. I hope so- they've been avoiding my questions."
She gives a disappointed frown at that last part, but gives a shrug and a smile.
"If he doesn't, I guess I'll figure something out."

Tsuki crosses her arms as Jenevian sticks Corisar.
"Hey, be nice!"

Niezck
2011-05-25, 08:14 AM
Simply chuckling as Jen stabs him, Corisar waves a hand over the wound and it seals up. The elf pats Jen on the back and with a hearty laugh just says "Oh, you!"

Toliudar
2011-05-30, 10:00 PM
A few hours of sight-seeing in the City of Brass confirms a few things:

The city has an amazing array of foundries, temples and marketplaces
No one seems to know what's going on, but the most popular rumour seems to surround actions from unknown 'coldlanders', people from other planes.
The Sultan's forces seem to be scrambling to deal with some sort of threat related to the newly-returned chunk of the plane.

Returning to the Palace, the three guests are immediately redirected to Al-Hyan in her office, a simple black chamber, thirty feet to a side, with no windows and red light that seems to emerge from nowhere. One of the walls is illuminated with a glowing map showing a blue shape and a series of red dots. Jasmine sits in the only chair in the room, a thick brass armchair, surrounded by four efreet and an azer. As Jen, Tsuki, and Corisar are shown in, Al-Hyan looks up with a grimace, and silences the hurried conversation that had been taking place. Without rising, she waves the three forward. The mask of smooth confidence that has been a constant in their dealings with the efreeti woman has slipped, but only a little. Al-Hyan smiles.

"My friends, thank you again for your visits. It has been most fruitful, and I hope that in the future, we will be able to work together again - or, in your case, Tsuki, that we are able to forge closer ties between our two peoples.

"His Supreme Radiance the Sultan sends his most profound regrets, but given the present circumstances, he feels that a celebration of any kind, even one in which the guests of honour are as worthy as yourselves, would be inappropriate. Given the rising tide of irrational resentment towards your people, His Radiance has graciously made arrangements for the three of you to be transported back to your home world. Since the three of you have all come from the same world - at least most recently - my Lord Magister Hsu-Ibnar would be delighted to send you home."

She rubs absent-mindedly at a knot at the base of her neck.

Niezck
2011-06-01, 03:32 PM
Listening to the woman, Corisar's smile soon fades to a look of confusion as she finishes her clearly pre-prepared speech.

"Is ... is that it? Just ship us off back home? Oh ... Well, can I help out at all? I'd love to help you with whatever problem you've got going on right now! I mean, it looks fascinating and I do love learning new things!"

There's an almost child-like glee in his eyes as he thinks of the possibilities of a new adventure.

Turning back to Jen a moment, Corisar's smile has returned in full force.

"You'd love to help out too, right Jen? Of course you would, it'd be great!"

Toliudar
2011-06-02, 01:06 AM
Al-Hyan purses her lips, considering the three extraordinary individuals before her. She smiles and shakes her head.

"You honour us with the extraordinary courage and graciousness of your offer, Master Corisar, but I'm sure that his Radiance's forces will prevail."

Meanwhile, Al-Hyan's mental voice reaches out to Jen, Tsuki and Corisar, managing to convey a whispered tone even as she speaks silently.

"My apologies. With the current unrest, the optics of enlisting the aid of outsiders, even such extraordinary travellers as yourselves...the Sultan would never permit this. But...if you were to opt to stay as the Sultan's guests for an extra day, the better to take in the glories of the City...who could blame you for this?

"And if you were to somehow find out that there was a mysteriously frozen ball of rock floating in the Lake of fire, about 40 miles ebbward from here. A ball of rock that had been a lucrative mine. A ball of rock that is somehow repelling the Sultan's most powerful warriors when they try to investigate. And if you chose to travel there to investigate on your own. Well, what fault could anyone find fault with that? Especially if your assistance were rendered with discretion and care?"

Her smile broadened, and she spoke out loud again.

"So, shall I have Haldsi here show you to the portal?"

AmberVael
2011-06-04, 04:14 PM
Huh. Okay, well, that works for Tsuki.
"Thank you, but I think I'll stay a day or two more, if I may. Even if the Sultan cannot see me, I have other friends here I should meet while I can."
She smiles in return to Al-Hayan and gives a little bow.

Cardea
2011-06-04, 04:24 PM
Jenevian slid a finger between Corisar's bottom two ribs, wiggling her digit. "I believe I'll be staying as well. It's a nice break from the ordinary, and it gives me a way to dodge this old twit for longer than normal." She withdraws her finger, and wipes the fluid on Corisar's clothing.

Toliudar
2011-06-04, 04:40 PM
Jasmine's mental voice offers a small and wordless note of thanks. She smiles and speaks.

"The City of Brass has enchanted people for millenia. I am delighted that you count yourself among its admirers. Given the unrest in the streets, you may wish to travel together. Not for your safety of course - I have no doubt that any of you can handle yourselves on your own."

There is a twinkle in the efreet's eye, and it's hard to tell whether her glance lingers especially on Jenevien.

"But rather so that the less decorous of our citizens are less likely to take up a quarrel. I will be here in my office, monitoring current events, should you need me."

Niezck
2011-06-07, 08:52 AM
Being so used to it, Corisar simply ignores Jen's stab entirely and continues his conversation.

"Thank you madame, very kind of you, and considerate too! Well, we'll be on our way then. Right guys?"

Turning to the others, Corisar's ever-present smile shines through.

Toliudar
2011-06-08, 09:46 AM
At what seems fairly clearly like a mental urging from Jasmine, the azer bowing-and-scrapingly shows the three out of her office.

Outside in the corridor, a window overlooking the Lake of Fire does indeed include a dark blotch nearly at the distant horizon, a significant change from the brightness of both the orange-red sky and the red-orange-yellow of the Lake.

AmberVael
2011-06-11, 02:16 PM
"Well, I think I'm going to get a little rest. Maybe we should meet later tonight, when there might be a bit less light and heat?"
And you know, maybe less people actively running around who might see them sneaking off.
Tsuki stretches, yawns, then waves and heads off to her room for the night, with full intention of returning at a much less active time.

Toliudar
2011-06-13, 05:13 PM
Tsuki heads off, finding her room turned down and ready for her.

Jen and Corisar step aside as a troop of salamanders rush past.

Cardea
2011-06-14, 09:27 AM
Jenevian bows and exits the chamber, heading for the front of the building. She sits down near the front door, leaning on the wall, watching the city below. She takes a knife from her hand, and presses it to her knee. Should she tire while waiting, the cut from the knife would wake her. She'd stay here until Tsuki and Corisar were ready to leave.

Toliudar
2011-06-18, 07:08 AM
Niezck, you can ret-con in activities for the afternoon as desired.

There are brief flurries of activity among the efreet of the palace, but few seem interested in the warrior woman sitting on their front steps. After several hours, a shadow falls over the palace, although the lake of fire below continues to glow with a relentless orange heat.

AmberVael
2011-06-20, 07:13 PM
Tsuki

Tsuki sneaks back down from her room towards the entrance of the palace, a thin but concealing cloak wrapped around her to help hide her identity. After all, it wouldn't do to let the guards or rather racist citizens know exactly who she was or what she was doing. Also, it would be fun to be sneaky and a mysterious hero! Swoosh! The cape streams out behind her as she takes a sharp and fast turn, arriving right at the doors to await the others.

Niezck
2011-06-24, 10:24 AM
Actions for the Afternoon:
Corisar, still impressed with the wonders of the city and not particularly bothered about any trouble he may encounter - or rather not believing he would cause any - shoots off back into the city proper.

A full day exploring and talking, yes, that sounds like a good plan.

Heading back up to meet Jen and that odd girl Tsuki, Corisar rushes through the darkened city, clanking and clattering as his array of equipment jumps about due to his speed.

Upon arriving back at the gates, he grins broadly at Tsuki and waves.

"Hello Tsuki! D'you know where Jen is?"

Cardea
2011-06-30, 02:31 PM
Jenevian rises at the sound of Tsuki and Corisar. She turns as Corisar is once again the blind fool he is, and... stops, seeing Tsuki with her 'cape'. "Not only are you an idiot? You're blind as a bat. Tsuki, what are you wearing?"