PDA

View Full Version : To Hell With The Devil IC

FyreByrd
2011-05-18, 04:29 AM
I was to be king...

Ruler of all I surveyed, the power with the power, King and Lord, there would be none but me, killing who I wanted, taking what I desired. Yet it was not to be. So now I sit, in this mouldy, disgusting cell, at the bottom of a tower, the unknown prisoner, the one whom many may whisper, but none know.

The plan was simplicity itself, take a few towns, rule them from the shadows, use those towns to put pressure on other towns, which in turn could put pressure on a city, the plan was simple, and effective, and before the year was out I had seven towns in my pocket, they may not have realised it, but I owned them.

Unfortunately while the dumb townsfolk didn't realise it, someone else did, and they mercilessly attacked, killing and looting, and burning the towns. I ran, always one step ahead of them, moving fast, so that I wasn't caught, but it was to no avail. They found me, and before I realised what was happening, I woke up here, in this cell.

But I will rise again, two nights ago a Devil visited me in my cell, and promised that I would rule the world, if only I would gift him my very soul. I resisted, I want power, but some prices are too steep to pay. So instead he gave me a gift, a free gift he said, to demonstrate his power, and his worth. A glaive, mighty in power it was. My cell mate, a raw-boned dwarf who was incarcerated for some meaningless triviality, was my experiment. The glaive smashed through him as if he were made of paper. The next night the Devil visited again Zylleth was his name, and this time the price seemed just right. I signed his contract, condemning my soul to Baator. In return with a gesture, the cell door opened, and I was clothed, in bright mithral. I looted the body of the dwarf to find a stunning dagger. Then with my glaive at the ready, I made ready to leave this place once and for all. The Devil's smile faded, as he disappeared, promising that all I had to do was call, and he would be at my side.

You are standing in a cell, approximately 10 feet cubed, the barred metal door stands open, leading to a corridor with dim guttural candles giving dim light. The body of a dead dwarf, is also lying in the cell with you. You guess that it's close to the middle of the night, and as since you've been down here, you've seen no guards come this far down, you believe it's the perfect time to make your escape.

You have all your equipment, and all your spells loaded and ready!

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-18, 01:42 PM
Well then, this seems as good a time as any.

Nuxo determinedly walks out of his cell and starts walking down the corridor, glaive in hand.

FyreByrd
2011-05-19, 03:51 AM
You realise quickly that this dungeon area is quite small. The Corridor you are in is just over 80 ft long, and ten foot wide, with a ceiling that is a little lower than 8ft. The corridor runs north-south, there are two cells, with entrances on the western wall of the corridor yours, which is open, and a second that is still locked, you can see the resting form of the Elvish occupant clearly through the bars.

At either end of the corridor it bends ninety degrees to have two parrellel corridors running towards the west, each of these corridors is around seventy feet long. You assume, but do not yet know that these corridors join in a fourth corridor, that runs parrellel to the one you are standing in.

All is currently quiet, and the dim light flickers in the cool air.

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-19, 11:25 AM
Nuxo decides to try the south path first.

FyreByrd
2011-05-19, 04:33 PM
As Nuxo walks south from his cell, and turns around the corner to the west, his nose is assaulted by a horrific stench, about halfway down this corridor, there is a slow drip of water that comes from between a couple of stones, this drip has formed a puddle of foul smelling water in the middle of the corridor. At the end of the corridor is the assumed north running corridor that meets up with the corridor that runs parrellel to this one, thus forming a square.

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-19, 06:11 PM
Ugh...

Despite the stench, Nuxo continues on, turning to the right and heading up the north corridor.

FyreByrd
2011-05-19, 06:37 PM
The corridor heading north is, in fact almost exactly the same as the corridor that led from your cell, with two major differences, the first, is that while there are two cells adjacent to this corridor, their entrances are both locked, and on the east wall. Both are occupied, one with an unidentifable hulking beast, that is all curled up, and the other with two human females. The second major difference is that in around the middle of the corridor, there is a wide passage west that curls round to the north, and up a flight of steps.

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-20, 01:40 PM
Nuxo turns to the prisoners curiously.

Who are you, and why are you here? I am Nuxo, future ruler of the world, and you may prove useful to me. I can probably get you out of here, interested?

FyreByrd
2011-05-21, 05:02 AM
The two human females sit up from their repose as they hear your voice, they are dressed in rags, and are obviously sisters, maybe even twins. They are not old, but certainly a little older than you, and have probably been here sometime.

"Hello..." one of them starts
"...whats a..." her sister continues.
"...nice boy like you doing...""...in here?"

The sisters have a strange manner of speaking where they constantly interrupt and finish off sentances of each other. After conversing with them for a while you realise that their names are Lu-wei, and Lu-xing, more than that they are unwilling to tell you at the moment, but they definitely would like to leave their cell.

The beast in the next cell just snuffles into his tail, and continues sleeping.

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-21, 10:05 AM
Good enough for me. Once we get out of here, stay as close to me as you can.

Nuxo attempts to break down the door of their cell, reasoning that even if he can't break it, it would attract a few guards, which he could kill and get the key from.

FyreByrd
2011-05-23, 06:53 AM
It takes a couple of go's, but eventually Nuxo smashes open the door, and the two ladies smile at him happily, knowing that they have a chance at freedom.
"So how..."
"...do we get..."
"...out of..."
"...here?"

they manage to ask.

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-23, 01:35 PM
Follow me. Closely.

Nuxo heads north, up the stairs, hoping that the girls follow.

FyreByrd
2011-05-24, 03:30 AM
All is quiet as Nuxo heads up the stairs, as he turns the corner at the top, he enters the next floor, which is laid out in an almost carbon copy of the previous floor with two(empty) cells in front of him. Just on the edge of hearing, he hears a laugh coming from somewhere on this floor.

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-24, 01:45 PM
Nuxo heads for the source of the laughter, gesturing his new companions to follow.

FyreByrd
2011-05-25, 04:55 AM
As you move around the corner, the laughter becomes louder, and you see two guards walking down the corridor, with their backs turned to you.

ooc:

Map + other stuff in OOC thread shortly.

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-25, 01:40 PM
Nuxo runs up behind one of the guards and tries to sink his glaive into the guard's back.

Charge, moving to R9.
Attack: [1d20+14
Damage: [roll0]
Acid: [roll1]

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-25, 01:42 PM
Broken roll: Attack [roll0]

FyreByrd
2011-05-26, 04:56 AM
The guard roars with pain as the glaive penetrates his barely protected back.

The two girls follow up behind you, but with no weapons, they are not of much use at the moment. Both of them move to protect your back however, should you be threatened from the rear.

ooc:

Both Lu-Wei, and Lu-Xing, merely take move actions this turn, to get close to the fray, they will attack if necessary, but they won't be too hot at it until you get some weapons in their hands. Updated map/init table is in OOC thread, and it is...

Luxo's Turn

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-26, 01:35 PM
Nuxo presses his assualt, hoping to finish the first guard.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Acid: [roll2]

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Acid: [roll5]

FyreByrd
2011-05-28, 03:19 AM
The Guard screams as the Glaive bites deep into him, then both guards step in closer, and attack their foe with their heavy maces.

Rolls:

Guard A:
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Guard B:
Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

The first guard, as a result of his grevious injuries, misses totally, whereas the second one scores a solid hit, his mace thudding into Nuxo's right shoulder.

The two girls, understanding a little of combat, move to the side, to give you room, and hopefully try and give a flanking opportunity, even though it would put them more in danger.

A large, and exceptionally ugly humanoid is in the cell close to you, and he wakes up at the noise, and begins pulling on his bars, making foul, but encouraging noises.

OOC:

I don't think you gain and AoO, but if you do, and I've missed it, feel free to take them.

Map updated in OOC

It is Nuxo's Turn

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-28, 09:34 AM
Nuxo launches another barrage of attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] acid

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] acid

FyreByrd
2011-05-30, 03:56 AM
The guard you are attacking, falls first to his knees, then to his face, bleeding profusely. "No!" his companion screams, then realising he is outmatched, runs to the north, escaping around the corner.

The two girls quickly loot the corpse of the dying guard, one grabbing his mace, the other, his crossbow and bolts.
"What...."
"...now?" they ask

Using withdraw action, double move, NO attacks of Opportunity given.

Map updated in OOC

dragonsamurai77
2011-05-30, 11:41 AM
Nuxo takes a few seconds to finish off the first guard.

They'll be on to us now. We need to get out of here as fast as possible.

Nuxo runs to the left, hoping that all the floors are laid out the same and he'll find more stairs.

FyreByrd
2011-06-01, 03:49 AM
You move to the stairs to the east, that seem to head up. The two girls, now armed follow close behind you. As you climb the stairs you see natural light, for the first time in what seems like an age. Windows all around these corridors, indicate that you are on ground level, and can possibly escape this place. The windows are high on the wall, and this level seems to be much grander, with carpets, and a few tapestries. The windows are about 20ft up in the wall, and the ceiling is a good thirty feet high.

To the east of you, is another north-south running corridor, much as the first two levels, however rather than having prison cells on them, there are merely two doors, behind which there is the sound of a large number of people. It seems that even at this late hour, the guards are active, and it sounds like a lot of them. You can see at the north, and the south, the passage curls to the east, again much like the previous levels. But you realise that you'll have to be quiet, unless you really want to bring the hordes of guards down upon you.

dragonsamurai77
2011-06-01, 09:41 AM
Careful... We don't want them to hear us.

Nuxo heads for the exit.

[roll0] (Move Silently) (remembered sheet wrong, should be an extra +2)

FyreByrd
2011-06-06, 06:50 AM
ooc:
Sorry again for the delay...it's been a crazy weekend...

As you move through the corridors, the two girls behind you, just as quiet as you are, you are surprised by the lack of commotion. Obviously the guard downstairs has not managed to alert anyone yet. You continue around the bend of the corridor, and then turn south again at the end of that corridor. Finally the corridor widens to the gatehouse in the east. The massive framed door is open, but there are a number of guards standing guard. They haven't seen you yet, and you duck back around the corner wondering how you will get past.

ooc:
I'll put a map up in the ooc thread to explain a bit better how the gatehouse is laid out. No one is aware of you yet, but roll a move silently/hide check next turn if you want to remain hidden.

In other news, I rolled 6 listen checks to find you, the highest number I got...6! Wonderful!

dragonsamurai77
2011-06-06, 08:25 AM
This is bad. We won't be able to escape easily, but I believe I have the solution. Zylleth, attend to me!

Nuxo chants the incantation to summon the devil to his side.