PDA

View Full Version : Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

Gamblerjoe
2011-05-18, 05:36 AM
Expedition to Castle Ravenloft IC Thread
OOC Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11015509#post11015509)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rl_gallery/100535.jpg
Not the least glimmer of light escaped the castle's tall black windows. Its broken battlements sketched a jagged line across the darkened sky. Castle Ravenloft brooded over a bleak, mist-shrouded valley. Constructed on the sheer side of a thousand-foot cliff, the terrible fortress was occupied by something ancient and evil...

{table=head]Name|Race|Classes|Legacy|Player

Ralston Allcott (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=283346)|Human|Cleric 6|Holy Symbol|Cleavon

Ancho Peppers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=300250)|Human|Rogue 6|Full Moon's|Gorthok

Eldon Thorngage (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=301851)|Strongheart Halfling|Wizard|Tome|lorddumonde

Xaxil (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=307659)|Human|Paladin2/FavSoul4|Sunsword|kwhalen

[/table]

Gamblerjoe
2011-05-18, 05:42 AM
Your wagon has been traveling for several days, winding thorough forest paths in wilderness that may by all rights be uncharted. The farther you go, the more you are given an unsettling feeling. As creepy and ominous as the journey is, it is an important one.

You have tracked the object of your desire to the small hamlet of Barovia; a place far from city comforts and war-torn battlefields alike. Where the land itself seems to have been exiled from the rest of the world, lies an ancient artifact. Many legends exist surrounding this item, its previous owners, and their heroic deeds. You believe with all of your soul that this artifact belongs in your hands, and with it you will forge your destiny. To that end, you will brave any perils to see your goal through.

As you sought passage to Barovia, you met an interesting individual. He claims to be a lorekeeper for a Gnomish chapter of Lightbringers. He refers to himself as Barnaby, stating that as the name his best human friend calls him, and therefore the name he uses in human lands. He offers a few gold pieces and free entertainment if he may accompany the party to Barovia.

His presence makes the trip go much faster. His songs, jokes and pleasant conversation keep the mood light, and everyone's mind off all the unpleasantness. He gives great conversation on history, nobility and works of fiction. His knowledge of lore and spellcraft are enough to keep even the most learned wizard engaged. He has a vast knowledge of the sword coast, and even has tales of exploits that would make a master thief envious. He makes a genuine attempt to cater to his audience, and play music they like. He takes requests, and plays the songs flawlessly.

After getting to know the party in almost no time, he seems quite open. He sees himself as somewhat of a clergyman or mission. He is quick to open up to strangers, which causes them to open up to him. As somewhat of a traveling problem solver, this helps him help others. He has with him a letter. It arrived when he was resting at a Lightbringers-friendly temple. After scribing several copies for them, he kept one and decided to personally respond. He is more than willing to show whomever he meets, and makes a point to show every other Lightbringer he comes in contact with.

Letter:Hail to thee of might and valor:

I, a lowly servant of the township of Barovia, send honor to thee. We plead for thy so desperately needed assistance within our community.

Our village is nestled in the Svalich Woods, an ancient forest that has long laid quiet with the weight of ages on its shoulders. But recent nights have brought the howls of wolves to our ears, and the night of the last full moon brought far worse out of the forest. Enormous wolves attacked with unnatural savagery, killing many of us and leaving many more wounded.

The love of my life, Ireena Kolyana, was one of those wounded, and I fear for her. Her injury refuses our healing remedies and she languishes abed.

There is much wealth in this community. I offer all that might be had to thee and thy fellows if thou shalt but answer my desperate plea.

Come quickly, for I dread the rising of the next full moon! All that I have shall be thine!

Kolyan Indirovich,
Burgomaster of Barovia

Gamblerjoe
2011-05-18, 05:50 AM
As you draw nearer to your destination, it grows eerily quiet. Black pools of water stand like dark mirrors about the muddy roadway. A pall of thick, cold mist spreads over the ground. Giant tree trunks stand guard on both sides of the road, their branches clawing at the mists. In every direction the fog grows thicker and the forest seems more oppressive.

The wagon suddenly comes to a halt, and the wagoner begins rapping on the front of the carriage. "Alright folks, this is as far as the horses and I go. Thanks for the patronage, and best of luck to ya." The road seems to stretch forever in either direction, losing itself in the fog and bare trees. A sign post reading "Barovia" points farther down the road. The post has no sign pointing in the other direction. As you follow the road further, it descends into the valley, and eventually leads to a large gate.

Gorthok
2011-06-04, 10:43 AM
:smallannoyed:Antonio "Ancho" Peppers

When the wagon jerks to a stop, a short man awakes from the back. Clothed in black, a dull gray shimmer is noticed under his tunic every now and then as he throws his gear together.

"Great... Looks like another fine day in this hell. We better get going before the wolves are at our heels."

He throws his pack on, pulls his hood up against the fog, and begins to trudge in the direction of Barovia.

Cleavon
2011-06-04, 03:46 PM
Ralston Allcott

A man sat beside the driver of the wagon, having preferred to stay alert during their journey. He wore a deep red cloak over his well shined armor, a sure way to stick out in such a drab and dreary as Barovia.

When the wagon came to a halt he grabbed his pack and hopped down with the clink and chang of heavy armor plates sounding when his feet hit the road. He slung his pack over his shoulder, turning to look at the companions this journey had afforded him.

"Agreed Mr.Peppers. This gloom is not very inviting, let us hope that the gates of the town give us more hospitality."

He turned to attend to the wagon, making sure nothing of the groups was left behind.

lorddumonde
2011-06-05, 09:39 AM
Eldon Thorngage

During the trip there has been a halfling running from side to side and front to back of the wagon gaping at all there is to see. In between nearly falling from the wagon multiple times by leaning too far off the sides of the jostling cart in an effort to peer into the gloom, he returns to a large wooden crate covered by a big black tarp, methodically checking the ties to make sure nothing has shifted or come undone during the trip.
Oddly, he doesn't appear the least bit upset about the dreary pall cast about the area. Once the wagon stops he begins undoing the straps that hold his crate in place. All the while he whistles a happy tune. As he works away at the straps and knots, he is overheard to say:

"Wow! The first big adventure of my very own."

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-06, 07:53 AM
Gray in the fog, high stone pillars loom up from the impenetrable woods on both sides of the road. Huge iron gates hang from the stonework, dew clinging to their rusting bars. Standing before the pillars are two stone statues of armed guardians with wicked polearms. Their carved heads lie among the weeds at their feet, neatly broken from the stone shoulders. As you approach the gates, they slowly begin to swing open.

A plume of mist is stirred up by the moving of the gates. It is difficult to see beyond it, but the cobblestone road appears to extend straight into town.

lorddumonde
2011-06-06, 08:26 AM
Eldon Thorngage

After removing the ropes and tarp the halfling begins prying the lid from the crate underneath. The top of the crate eventually pops off and the halfling takes a step back dusting off his hands. He says:

"C'mon Bob, get up its time to go."

A humanoid skeleton stands up and steps out of the crate.

"Don't forget your helmet and your hammer."

The skeleton bends down and picks up a horned helmet and places it upon its head. The skeleton then grabs the oaken handle of a large hammer out of the box balancing the head over his shoulder as he steps gingerly down from the wagon and comes to stand next to Eldon.
The entire time Eldon is beaming with what can only be pride. The halfling gives the skeleton a once over and says:

"Follow me, Bob."

The skeleton follows the skipping halfling toward the now opened gate.

Gorthok
2011-06-06, 02:53 PM

Ancho turns back to his fellow Lightbringers as he first sees the pillars rise through the mist.

"There's a gate up ahead! Let's sta-"

Ancho's face blanches as he sees a skeleton climb out of the large crate his halfling acquaintance had brought along in the wagon. He rushes to help his compatriots against the monstrosity.

Cleavon
2011-06-06, 04:25 PM
Ralston Allcott

Turning his gaze onto the gates as they swung open his mouth turned into a grim line. It looked ominous, the headless statues, the cobblestone disappearing into the mists. This town did not seem to be the quaint burg he was hoping for. Nothing ever seemed to be what he was hoping for in this gloomy land.

That was when he heard the halfling speak to someone, and his eyes went to his new companion. The skeleton stooped to pick up its equipment, and Ralstons hand went to his mace at his belt.

"I don't mean to alarm you sir Halfling, but this thing you've ushered from this box is an abomination. If you don't wish it destroyed post haste, you should explain yourself..."

His eyes watched the halfling, seeing that Mr.Peppers seemed to have the same idea, that the skeleton was indeed a strange and unwelcome addition to the scene.

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-08, 08:13 AM
OOC (everyone)I will normally spoiler passive knowledge checks and similar stuff. I want to let you all see this one so you can get a taste of the format I use. Also, its not info that needs to be hidden. Also, I took some liberties with the design and appearance of Casey's skeleton.
Ralston Alcott

[Knowledge Religion]: As you look at the skeleton, you notice a few strange additions. Some joints appear to have metal parts, and many fake ligaments have been rigged with leather bindings. These are things made unnecessary by the dark magics that bind the creature's soul to its animated bones. The most telltale sign that this is no undead, or at least not a typical skeleton is the absence of black onyx in its eye sockets.

Gorthok
2011-06-12, 09:37 PM
:smallmad:Antonio "Ancho" Peppers

Sliding to a halt next to the cleric-looking gentleman, Ancho brandishes his short swords in a flourish. His green eyes darting around like fireflies, he takes in the current situation. The cleric is addressing the Halfling, inquiring as to the Halfling's post-morteum friend. Ancho snarls a response in kind.

"I'm giving you 10 seconds, Halfling. If I don't find your answer satisfactory, my blades will be drinking all ready tonight!"

Sense Motive: Roll will be in next post

Gorthok
2011-06-12, 09:38 PM
Sense Motive:[roll0]

Cleavon
2011-06-12, 11:46 PM
Ralston Allcott

Turning his head to look at Ancho quickly, he put a hand out in front of the more lithe man. He shook his head slightly.

"Steady yourself Mr.Peppers. This...thing may not be what it seems. I'm still unsure as to our little friends motives here but I've known far too many of the dead in my time...this seems more like some sort of construct, as morbid as it may be."

Looking back at the Halfling he sighed slightly.

"An explanation might put our minds at ease at least master Halfling."

lorddumonde
2011-06-19, 05:10 PM
Eldon Thorngage

The halfling, who has been preoccupied by gazing around in curiosity, suddenly notices that you're speaking to him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa there guys! Bob's not gonna' harm anyone her, unless I tell him to. But I have no reason to do that."

Eldon turns and gives the motionless skeleton a small reassuring-type pat.

"Bob is my helper, a sort of extra set of hands. He can reach stuff of high shelves for me. He can also protect me and my friends from trouble."

When he says this last part he motions to indicate that he means you.

"My parents pulled a lot of strings and paid a lot of money to get me into Discipuli Falcori, the prestigious mage school...."

Seeing that neither of recognize the name he continues on...

"...anyway, my parents expected me to carry on the family business. My heart was never in it. That is, until I realized that the same kinds of magic that raise the dead and pervert life force are also the same forces that command, destroy and protect against the undead as well as these evil effects. So I dedicated my studies to understanding necromancy in such a way as to root out and destroy its evil uses."
"My senior thesis was to create an undead servant. For materials I traveled to Grassfallow Downs, the site of an ancient battle between hobgoblins and elves. The leader of the hobgoblin host was a wretched creature named Bahbarsk. I was able to locate his remains by his ornate helmet and his warmaul. I thought it fitting that this hobgoblin raider known for his cruelty would end up serving the cause of good as he helped me rid the world of evil."
"Oh, and instead of calling him Bahbarsk, I just call him Bob.

Gorthok
2011-06-19, 09:59 PM

The halfling rambles on for quite sometime about his family's perversion with the dark art of necromancy and his goal of using it for good, and of some mage school Ancho had never heard of before. Once the Halfling tells of his trial to reanimate the remains standing before the group, Ancho decides to scabbard his swords in a flourish.

"Well, that was quite the story! I've never heard of the school of necromancy being used much for good. It will be nice to have a mind like theirs on our side for once! I'm known as Antonio Rodrigo Alejandro Peppers, Rogue Extrodinaire. However, you two may call me "Ancho" for time's sake. What might your names be Gentlemen?

Once introductions are complete, Ancho will walk towards the gates, waiting as he must for the others to join him.

"Let us get out of this bog post-haste! A warm ale will surely smooth over any hard feelings from a moment ago!"

Cleavon
2011-06-20, 04:41 AM
Ralston Allcott

Listening to the halfling, he grinned slightly and looked this...over again. He turned to Ancho as he listened to him and gave a sage nod. He had indeed heard of the necromantic arts turned against the undead they were so apt to control, but he had not met a practitioner of such arts in a long time.

"In that case, I'll just find him...ugly."

Giving the halfling a wide smile as he hooked his thumbs into the belt that held his mace and several potions and a scroll case he regarded both Mr.Peppers and Mr.Thorngage.

"You may call me Ralston. Ralston Allcott. Cleric of St.Cuthbert who has is far from home and has given his life to the good of this land I've found myself in. Now I have to say, an ale sounds about right after such a journey. Shall we?"

lorddumonde
2011-06-20, 10:17 AM
Eldon Thorngage

"I am Eldon Thorngage."

The halfling says with a bow and a flourish.

"I believe you both are correct, an ale would be very tasty. Ooh, and some stew to warm my belly, or some lamb, heck I'd even settle for some mutton, but the thing about mutton...."

Eldon rambles on rather absent-mindedly to no one in particular about the finer points of preparing and eating mutton. He motions for Bob to follow him and begins walking in the direction of Ancho's lead. He smiles up at Ralston as he passes, all the while rambling on about the application of mints and other various jellies. Bob follows behind like an obedient dog, albeit a silent and eerie one.

Gamblerjoe
2011-06-21, 11:06 AM
Barnaby hops off the wagon as it speeds off and rushes to catch up. "What a marvelous story! Reminds me of a song I wrote... perhaps if I modified it a bit... Mighty Bahbarsk, king of thrones, reduced by Eldon to a pile of bones! How delightful! You intrepid adventurers always give me the best material. Whadda ya say, once we get our heroes welcome and some ales, you can regale me with a few tales."

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-15, 10:00 PM
MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E1-S.png

The streets are choked with mist, limiting vision to only a few dozen feet. The buildings here at the edge of town look abandoned, burned out, or barricaded. Garbage litters the ground, and a carrion stench assaults your nose. Ahead, an overturned hay cart blocks the street.

As you enter the misty streets of Barovia the gates slowly creak shut behind you.

OOCbeginning at your starting point, briefly describe your initial courses of action.

kwhalen
2011-07-16, 12:49 AM
(OOC: To Everybody...Ill just get acquainted quickly with a little about myself since I missed the intro banter/monologue. Forgive me for rambling, but I thought )

You most likely have found it difficult to make conversation with the tall man with silver hair. He has been listening to the stories with conviction and perking from time to time to fully take in the colorful dialects and accents that among the group. Once he had a sense of your personalities...he spoke up...

"My name is Xaxil, and while I too belong to the Lightbringers, I also serve an order from another realm. The "plane" or "realm" from which my ancestors hailed had been largely decimated by forces of Evil Undeath. The perversions that tainted the soil and water there had made it nearly unlivable, and so a segment of our population set a course into the heavens, or Astral realm, to search for another home. It was during my great grandfathers generation that the pilgrimage happened, and during my grand-fathers generation that the Astra-Pilgrims had encountered the Celestials. It was also during my grand-fathers generation that they traveled back to our Mother Realm to restore contact with their lost friends and family."

Xaxil takes a moment to regain his thoughts, restore his posture, and look to the sky before speaking again. When he does, you notice he has pulled a necklace and locket from under his vest and is clutching it in his right hand.

"Our Realm, after their 20 years of absence, was nothing but a large grave...wrought with death the likes of which not even a maggot would defile. With the use of mystic teachings learned from the Celestials, my Grand-Father set to cleansing his former home. My own Father was there to see his Father...my Grand-Father...drained of his life-force. Afterwards, the few remaining Pilgrims and their children re-situated themselves in the Astra-Sphere and were graciously accepted by our Celestial hosts. This is where and when my father met my mother. Our hosts...excuse me..."my family", were themselves filled with a conviction against the existence of Undeath. We have all sworn an oath to crush Undeath wherever we may find it. We have become strong with many Astra-Fleets. Strong enough to send Souls like myself with Kelemvor's blessing to farthest reaches to prevent what happened to my Grand-Fathers realm from happening again. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Mt. Celestia. I've watched rays of Searing Light glitter in the dark near the Thanasosian Gate. All those moments are now lost in time...".

Cleavon
2011-07-16, 05:00 AM
Ralston Allcott

Turning to look Xaxil up and down, he gave a thin smile, and a nod to the man. His story was indeed one that Ralston could listen to again and again. It was a tale of sorrow and of a homeland plagued, but he himself had suffered through similar plight at the hands of the dead.

His mind was brought back to more pertinent things though when the gates of the town were passed. He kept to the back of their small procession, his eyes trying to pierce that thin veil of fog that covered the town. His spoke, his voice grim and kept silent, as if someone might be listening.

"I've got a bad feeling about this. Hard to see in this haze, and it doesn't smell very nice either...Anyone see signs of life?"

kwhalen
2011-07-16, 12:37 PM
Xaxil looks Ralston eye to eye...though without the narrow smile.
"Do I sense some annoyance in your approach to met? It is as if you have suffered at the jokings by some rude knave at your own history. Or maybe you believe me to be the bastard who mocks you? Hear me at once everybody...if you will.
At this moment Xaxil whips back his silvered cloak and draws forth his Bastard Sword. Unblinking, he goes on...
"We are not the only ones to have lost family, and rightly I am sure that Benson's spirit is on a higher platitude and holding a torch for all of us right now. Magister Thorngage, surely you too feel a sense of loss toward your family in their fall from the lighted path. Your spirit and approach is are both unique to me. And you...Mister Peppers...I hope that whatever knack that you are keeping concealed will hasten our mission. Mr. Barnaby, your attention to detail is amazing and I am certain that your travels have shed much Light from from the tales of we who call ourselves Bringers. Surely this ill tempered land before us is in dire need of consecration."
Hoping to have simply flushed out whatever evil might be lingering nearby, or likewise to shed words of light that might bring out whatever innocent souls may be in hiding...Xaxil ends his speech. Holding his Bastard sword in both hands now, he moves forward forward after focusing his detect undead ability until he is just before the doorway to the empty building.
Mover:G1 to H7

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-16, 10:52 PM
Ancho[Listen Success]: You hear bumping and shambling coming from inside the buildings. The sound is quite muffled by the wooden walls.

Xaxil[Listen Success]: You hear bumping and shambling coming from inside the buildings. The sound is quite muffled by the wooden walls.

kwhalen
2011-07-17, 12:54 AM
My detect undead is always active as a cone of 60 feet.

If I detected no undead:

(Full Round)I yell out...]"We are here to help...please let us in or I will have to kick in the door."[/COLOR]

If I detected undead:

(Standard)I kick in the door(Str Check)...[roll0]

lorddumonde
2011-07-17, 09:43 AM
Eldon Thorngage

I cast Mage Armor on myself. I move to stand at E4 with Bob at E5. I peer around in the gloom and look for anything that seems interesting or out of the ordinary. Items of special interest include the broken pile of wagon up ahead.

Cleavon
2011-07-17, 03:29 PM
Ralston Allcott

Keeping with the party, Ralston kept his eyes peeled to make sure he knew the location of his partners. As he entered the city proper with them, he watched Xaxil approach one of the buildings, moving up as well, thought not as far as the other man.

He turned and watched as Eldon weaved a bit of magic about himself, obviously the halfling had the same thoughts as Ralston. This place seemed quite uninviting at present. He readied his shield and heavy mace, watching Xaxil for the moment to see if anyone answered him.

Move!
Ready my shield for my standard action, then move to H4 and draw my mace during the move.

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-17, 07:13 PM
Surprise Round

MAP (beginning of surprise round)http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E1_presurprise.png

XaxilUpon detecting undead in the direction of the door, you sense the presence of undead.As soon as Xaxil finishes speaking, the door begins to slowly creak open, and an audible groan can be heard on the other side. (square I7)

In the alley, through the darkness and the mist, a humanoid form can be seen which appears to be cowering next to some sort of debris. (square L5)

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-17, 07:33 PM
Round 1

MAP (begining of Round 1)http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E1_r1.png

As the door next to Xaxil swings open, a human corpse stands on the other side. Several more walking dead emerge from behind the cart and from various buildings. They make their way toward the party with outstretched arms, and black ichor dripping from their gaping mouths.

Two large rats, roughly the size of dogs, scurry about, following the walking corpses, but keeping their distance.

OOCThe surprise round is done. Go ahead and take your first round actions. The monsters go after the party.

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-17, 07:53 PM
Barnaby

"Oh my! Doesn't this just put a damper on our welcome." Barnaby unslings his lute and begins strumming a tune.

Everyoneeveryone recieves a +1 morale bonus to hit, damage, and saves against charm or fear.

kwhalen
2011-07-17, 08:49 PM
OOCXaxil approached the door with two hands on his sword...so he is not using his shield and hence has an AC of 17

"Kelmvore's wrath upon you!"
5 foot step into G6.(Free)
Deific Vengence aimed at G8.(Standard)
Ranged Touchd20+7+1Damage[roll0]
If I can, I will draw my shield as my move action

kwhalen
2011-07-17, 08:55 PM
OOC...I tried adding the morale bonus into the equation so Ill try again including it into my normal attack adjustment. I know that Im not attacking again.
[roll0]

Cleavon
2011-07-17, 09:28 PM
Ralston Allcott

As the grim beings showed themselves, Ralstons face became a harsh grimace as he stepped forward, into the middle of the road. He raised his shield and mace up high as he spoke a prayer to St.Cuthbert.

"May the judgement of St.Cuthbert take you back from wence your foulness came!"

Move and Destroy Undead!
5 foot step to G5. Burn a turn undead attempt to use the lightbringer ability "Destroy Undead" Effects every undead within 30 ft. Dc18 Will save for half damage.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

And this one in case the ? is an undead.
[roll3]

Also, if you only need one roll, disregard the others and use only the first one. I wasn't sure.

kwhalen
2011-07-17, 09:40 PM
OOC...Casey is at work til 1030 or 11...and then we shall do this right.

I do the 5 foot step I had talked about into G6(Free)
Draw Shield(AC is now 19)(Move Action)
Raise my sword into the air "Faith protect me!!!"and cast Shield of Faith(AC is now 21)(Standard)

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-17, 10:00 PM
Eldon[Knowledge (Religion) Success] The walking dead coming toward you appear to be zombies. So far, you see nothing out of the ordinary about them.
Xaxil[Knowledge (Religion) Success] The walking dead coming toward you appear to be zombies. The black ichor dripping from their mouths has the look and smell of a vial necrotic contagion.

Gorthok
2011-07-17, 10:05 PM
:smallannoyed:Ancho Peppers

Ancho wasn't prepared for the sight before him. He was expecting townfolk who would gladly pour him a frothy mug of stout, not mindless shambling zombies!

"Where's the beer!!!" he screams as he lets fly an arrow from his bow!

Ancho Peppers
Male NG Human Rogue 6, Level 6, Init +2, HP 33/33, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2 (+3 vs charm/fear), Base Attack Bonus 4
+1 Shortsword +8 (1d6+2, 19-20 x2)
Mwk Shortsword +8 (1d6 +1, 19-20 x2)
+1 Shortbow (40 Arrows) +9 (1d6+2, 20 x3)
+1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14

Fires bow at G8 (if dead next closest target)
Ranged Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
moves to F4 after the shot

lorddumonde
2011-07-17, 10:57 PM
Eldon

Bob takes a 5-foot step to E6 and swings his maul at the zombie.[roll0]damage[roll1]

lorddumonde
2011-07-17, 11:00 PM
Eldon

If that's enough to drop the zombie, Eldon will move and cast a spell.

lorddumonde
2011-07-17, 11:12 PM
Eldon

Eldon casts Flaming Sphere in H8. The zombie gets a reflex save DC 17, but it is at a -1 because undead are my favored magic foe. [roll]2d6[roll]

lorddumonde
2011-07-17, 11:14 PM
Eldon

[roll0]

kwhalen
2011-07-17, 11:35 PM
Casting a glance at Eldon...
"How you afford yourself an undead servant amazes me fellow Lightbringer...still you mustforgive me if I'll not permit him to cover my back just yet."After paying attention for a moment back to thebattle at hand, Xaxil turns back to the necromancer again...
"And you say that in his previous incarnation this beast was an evil warmonger?"

kwhalen
2011-07-18, 12:12 AM
"Nice shot Mr. Peppers"

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-18, 03:33 AM
Round 2

MAP (beginning of Round 2)http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E1_r2.png

Eldon's flaming sphere swirls into existence where Z3 stands. As its flesh sears, it shambles away from the sphere, and towards Xaxil. Ancho's arrow pierces the chest of one of the zombies. The wound appears mostly superficial, but eventually a small amount of black ichor drizzles from the wound.

The rest of the zombies plod forward, continuing to approach the party. Two of them lash out at Xaxil with their mangled hands, but their predictable attacks find only his shield. Another shambles past Bob, paying him no mind, and provoking an attack. Bob's attacks seem to have little effect. The walking corpse moves toward Ancho and flails his limbs, but is easily dodged.

Xaxil[Knowledge Religion]: As you look at the skeleton, you notice a few strange additions. Some joints appear to have metal parts, and many fake ligaments have been rigged with leather bindings. These are things made unnecessary by the dark magics that bind the creature's soul to its animated bones. The most telltale sign that this is no undead, or at least not a typical skeleton is the absence of black onyx in its eye sockets.

Gorthok
2011-07-18, 04:37 AM

As one of the ragged corpses lashes out at Ancho, he evades the attack with a masterful back roll. He catches his balance in a kneeling position and another arrow flies from his bowstring with an audible *TWANG*!

5ft step to G3 and fire bow at zombie #1
Ranged Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

"These monstrosities don't seem to threatening at the moment, but they will know my rage none the less!"

kwhalen
2011-07-18, 09:54 AM
Round2

After observing the battlefield change somewhat, Xaxil feels that he must move into a more tactical position. Glancing behind him...he sees the small Necromancer being threatened.

(Free Action) 5 foot step into G6. (flanking the zombie as long as Eldon has a melee weapon drawn.)

(Standard Action) Attack with Broadsword...attack[roll0] if (flanking)[roll1]damage[roll2]

Cleavon
2011-07-18, 04:50 PM
Ralston Allcott

As Xaxil stepped into flanking position with the halfling Ralstons took himself into the fight, brandishing his mace forward, and slamming it down with fervor against Z3.

"Disgusting creatures! These undead must be destroyed in the name of St.Cuthbert, and the Lightbringers!!!

Move and Smite!
Move five feet to H6 next to Xaxil and smite the injured Z3.

[roll0]
[roll1]

lorddumonde
2011-07-18, 05:39 PM
Eldon
Round 2

Bob attacks Z1.[roll0][roll1]

Eldon uses a move action to direct the sphere to F5 in attempt to incinerate Z1.[roll2]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-18, 06:45 PM
Round 3

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E1_r3.png

Eldon's flaming sphere strips what little flesh remained on the bones of the nearest zombie. It falls motionless to the ground, as bubbling hot black ichor forms a pool and begins to gel.

As the remaining zombies bunch up, they bump and shove past each other trying to get closer to their living targets. One provokes an attack from Xaxil with his mindless and reckless movement. Their wild flailing is unable to penetrate the armor of the two holy warriors in the front.

AOO from Xaxilattack: [roll0] damage: [roll1]
One of the over-sized rats lunges at Bob and begins clawing at his leg bones. As intent as he seems at getting to the marrow, he seems unable to do so. Bob in entirely unphased.

Gorthok
2011-07-18, 08:32 PM

"Will these abominations ever rest?! Where is their master so I can give him a piece of my cold steel!" Ancho curses to himself.

Afraid to hit any of his companions, he slings his bow and readies his matte finishes swords. A flit of movement from the corner of his eye attracts his attention to the alleyway.

"More of these bastards to the right gentlemen!! I'll hold the flank!"

MOVE!
Moves to I5, slinging away his bow and drawing his swords.

Cleavon
2011-07-18, 09:14 PM
Ralston Allcott

As the undead shuffled forward, the monsters seeming large in number thus far he raised his shield and uttered a prayer to St.Cuthbert once more.

"May judgement purify these wretches in our time of need!"

Destroy Undead!
Burn a turn attempt to destroy undead. Turns: 7/9
[roll0]

lorddumonde
2011-07-18, 09:56 PM
Eldon
Round 3

Eldon hollers "Bob, crush the rat in front of you before it gnaws your leg bone apart!" Bob attacks the rat in front of him.[roll0][roll1] Eldon directs his flaming sphere at Z2.[roll2] Eldon moves 5 feet to F4 and tries to get a good look at these zombies to determine whether they are the bodies of recently deceased townsfolk or half-rotted, exhumed and reanimated.

lorddumonde
2011-07-18, 09:59 PM
OOC: Oh ****, is that a crit on the rat?!

lorddumonde
2011-07-20, 09:16 AM
Xaxil
Round 3

Xaxil swings mightily at Z2.[roll0][roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-20, 02:45 PM
Round 4

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E1_r4.png

Ralston's burst of positive energy destroys another zombie in a burst of brilliant light. The rest are affected, but seem totally oblivious to the damage being done to their rotting bodies.

Eldon's flaming sphere sears and twists the flesh of its target. The zombie just stands where it is, attempting to attack Xaxil, while its clothes are burned off of its body.

As the rat gnaws at Bob's ankles, it its kicked off and tumbles back a few feet. As it begins to scurry back, Bob's maul crashes down on it, sending blood and internal organs shooting from multiple orifices. Its mottled, mangy hide is mashed into the already slick and filthy cobblestone.

Xaxil swings his sword at the zombie flanked by Bob. His heavy blade slices effectively into the flesh of the walking corpse, hacking off another sizable piece.

The zombies continue their mindless assault. They grope, flail and bite, but their efforts produce only the sound of flesh against metal. The remaining rat begins sniffing and biting at Ralston's boots. His spastic movements seem like those of a frenzied creature.

lorddumonde
2011-07-20, 02:59 PM
Xaxil
Round 4

Whispering a silent prayer, Xaxil hacks at Z2.[roll0][roll1]

lorddumonde
2011-07-20, 03:05 PM
Eldon
Round 4

"Bob, get the other rat."Bob moves to F8 and swings.[roll0][roll1]
If Z2 is still standing, Eldon continues to burn him with the sphere. If he is no longer standing, Eldon moves the sphere onto Z5.[roll2]

Cleavon
2011-07-20, 03:27 PM
Ralston Allcott
Round 4

Turning his attention to the zombies that surround him he strikes out with his mace, seeking to end the one that tries to get behind he and xaxils front line.

Attack!
Attack on Z2
[roll0]
[roll1]

Gorthok
2011-07-20, 06:16 PM
Round 4

While the melee surrounding the dubious adventures continues, Ancho's attention is drawn more to the end of the alleyway... he slowly sneaks to the end, hoping to surprise anything that might not already know he is there.

Sneak and Move!
Move to L5 sneakily, if any hostile movement is noticed will sneak attack!!
Move Silently Check [roll0]
Sneak Attack! [roll1]
Damage! Weapon [roll2]
Sneak Attack Dmg: [roll3] (N/A if undead)

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-20, 06:44 PM
Round 5

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E1_r5.png

Xaxil lays his sword into the flaming zombie which collapses as the necrotic energy can no longer hold it together.

Eldon's flaming sphere moves to the adjacent zombie which begins smoldering. The smell of burlap, leather and rotting flesh burning begins to permeate the air, overtaking the initial bouquet of smells present in Barovia.

Bob obediantly moves to attack the rat. The zombies continue acting like he doesnt exist, but the rat takes notice, and turns to start gnawing on his shin bone. As it moves, it is met head on by the head of Bob's maul, and is knocked like a croquet ball between Xaxil's legs. After rolling a few feet, it lays motionless.

Ancho disappears from sight as he heads deeper into the alley.

Ancho[spot] the decimated remains of several human corpses lie amongst the refuse piled up at the end of the alley.

Cleavon
2011-07-20, 07:34 PM
Ralston Allcott

Seeing that Xaxil was having a much easier time of slashing the zombies apart he turned to the one that Bob threatened and struck out at it, knowing it would take the combined efforts of their blunt weapons to take the thing down.

"What more must lay ahead of us eh? Let us hope there are some here who haven't been turned to evil."

Attack!

Attacking Z5
[roll0]
[roll1]

Gorthok
2011-07-20, 08:09 PM

Ancho stumbles back out of the alleyway, the front of his tunic glistening wet. He falls to his knees and retches again upon the greasy cobblestones. The sight at the end of the alley was just too much for his stomach to handle.

Wiping saliva and last night's rations from his chin, Ancho mutters, "Whoever caused so much malcontent to this simple burg will pay!"

Move
Moves to G4 and falls prone due to nausea. Will skip next round's action to RP vomiting.

lorddumonde
2011-07-20, 08:57 PM
Xaxil
Round 5

Xaxil swings his blade in a wide arc in an effort to free Z4 from its unholy caricature of life.[roll0][roll1]

lorddumonde
2011-07-20, 09:01 PM
Eldon
Round 5

Bob swings at Z5.[roll0][roll1]
Eldon continues to burn Z5.[roll2]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-20, 10:20 PM
Round 6

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E1_r6.png

Eldon's flaming sphere burns the zombie's flesh, further twisting its form. Xaxil hacks one of the arms off the zombie attacking him. Through the mist, the severed arm almost appears to twitch and squirm.

Ignoring all damage and dismemberment, the zombies focus on their attempts to feast on the flesh of the living.

Cleavon
2011-07-20, 10:33 PM
Ralston Allcott

Grunting as he feels his mace knocked aside by the things spongy disgusting flesh he redirects his swing to come over is head in an arc, smashing at the zombie again, knowing that it's just a matter of time before these walking corpses are destroyed.

Attack!
Attacking Z5 once again, hopefully with better effect this time.

[roll0]
[roll1]

lorddumonde
2011-07-21, 06:52 AM
Xaxil
Round 6

Xaxil swings his sword again at Z4.[roll0][roll1]

lorddumonde
2011-07-21, 06:54 AM
Eldon
Round 6

Bob brings the full force of his hammer down upon the head of Z5.[roll0][roll1]
Eldon continues to burn the same zombie.[roll2]

lorddumonde
2011-07-21, 06:57 AM
Unless, of course, that zombie drops. In which case, Eldon directs the sphere to roll onto Z4.

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-21, 04:11 PM
The last 2 zombies fall, and the streets again grow eerily silent. Barnaby stops playing and pipes up.

"Wait! Did you hear that?...Human voices...Listen!"

You hear nothing so much as a breeze, until the silence is broken by loud crash and the sound of falling debris to the west. You then hear what sounds like a human voice shout something. After a few seconds, the streets fall silent again.

Xaxil[Knowledge (Religion)] Though these creatures are clearly walking dead, they too lack the black onyx you are accustomed to seeing in the eye sockets of undead raised via the create undead spell. It also seems odd that they plod mindlessly like a typical zombie, but attack quicker and with slightly more competence.
Ralston[Knowledge (Religion)] Though these creatures are clearly walking dead, they too lack the black onyx you are accustomed to seeing in the eye sockets of undead raised via the create undead spell. It also seems odd that they plod mindlessly like a typical zombie, but attack quicker and with slightly more competence.
Eldon[Knowledge (Religion)] Though these creatures are clearly walking dead, they too lack the black onyx you are accustomed to seeing in the eye sockets of undead raised via the create undead spell. It also seems odd that they plod mindlessly like a typical zombie, but attack quicker and with slightly more competence.
Ancho[Knowledge (Local)] The black ichor dripping from the zombies' mouths and wounds reminds you of a journal you once read. A group of Ancient nobles known as the Knighs of the Raven tried to quell a zombie outbreak. It seemed that a bite from these zombies would infect the wound with a disease that later turns the victim into one of the same.

Cleavon
2011-07-21, 04:29 PM
Ralston Allcott

Seeing the enemies laying destroyed before him he shakes his head grimly. As Barnaby speaks he tilts his head a little, trying to hear what the small man might have, but unsure what those sounds truly were.

"These undead do not seem to be the work of a necromancer...something evil stirs in these lands. We should work quickly to find any who haven't succumbed to it. I say we follow those noises, for good or ill."

lorddumonde
2011-07-21, 09:32 PM
Eldon

Eldon immediately begins walking in the direction of the voices and subsequent crash. The halfling keeps his eyes peeled, his ears attuned and a spell on his lips. He gazes about eagerly searching for anything out of the ordinary. Not that this crawling mist or a zombie plague are ordinary. He looks more for things that seem out of place in a town of this size. Having an intimate knowledge of dark practices of the arcane kind, he is looking for the telltale signs of evil practice of the necromantic arts....and anything shiny. Bob plods along behind. Silent except for the slight clacking of his skeletal feet upon the cobblestones.

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-21, 10:31 PM
MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E2_nc1.png

The everpresent mists clear slightly, revealing a human body lying face down in the street amid the garbage. One of the buildings facing the street has its door smashed in.

lorddumonde
2011-07-21, 11:49 PM
Xaxil

Xaxil runs to catch up with Eldon.
"Hold-up good Master Thorngage. 'Tis better if I took the lead. I have the innate ability to detect if anymore foul undead are afoot."

lorddumonde
2011-07-21, 11:54 PM
Eldon

Eldon slows his pace but cannot fully stop his curiosity driven feet from inching toward the face down body in the street.

Cleavon
2011-07-22, 02:06 AM
Ralston Allcott

Moving himself up the street as he sees Eldon begin forward, he turns and nods to Ancho.

"Mr.Peppers, it seems we're moving along. Are you fit to travel onward? I notice that your lunch now joins the refuse among the cobblestones..."

He took a few steps forward, making sure not to leave Ancho behind.

Gorthok
2011-07-22, 02:09 AM

Once his innards have calmed a bit, Ancho slowly walks in the direction of the cacaphony. He whispers a quick word to his journey mates and sidled away into the darkness.

Sneaking!
Sneaking to L8
Move Silently[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-22, 03:26 AM
Surprise Round

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E2_sr.png

A door swings open to the south of Eldon, and another human looking corpse shambles out. He is soon joined by more zombies who slowly emerge from the mist.

lorddumonde
2011-07-22, 11:18 AM
Eldon
Surprise Round

Eldon jumps back 5 feet to N8 and blasts Z4 with a Disrupt Undead.ranged touch[roll0][roll1] Bob swings at Z4.[roll2][roll3]

lorddumonde
2011-07-22, 11:20 AM
Xaxil
Surprise Round

Xaxil shouts "Your foul desecration ends here!" and charges to M8.

kwhalen
2011-07-22, 02:53 PM
Xaxil...charging up to M8... braces his foot against the door to his right in order to slow any undead that may try to emerge from the room within.
"Eldon! Slow your curiousity and step behind me! We'll form a line here!" (Glances at Bob) ...And have your minion stay put!" (Looking back at Ralston) "Seal off the space (O6) between Bob and that building!"

OOC:
Sorry for the bossy attitude gang...its just Xaxil

Rob & Casey:
My Shield of Faith lasts 6 minutes...so Im sure its still in effect from the begining of the first battle(AC 21)
Attacking one handed +9/d10+2(before any party buffs)
I like to fire my deific vengence for 5d6 from time to time(makes me feel good) in order to cut down an enemy from a distance...especially when they approach my comrades

Cleavon
2011-07-22, 02:53 PM
Ralston Allcott
Round 0

Ralston grimaces at the small flood of undead that come out to threaten Eldon, and he speaks a few words of power and prayer, and as he moves forward to join the fray a great flood of silvery light floods the area, emanating from his body.

Move to P6 (Pardon me Barnaby :smallsmile:)

Silvery Radiance provides light in 30 ft radius, dim light for another 30 ft beyond that.

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-22, 03:40 PM
Round 1

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E2_r1.png

The zombies all shuffle forward mindlessly attacking the nearest living humanoid. Bob strikes one as it moves past him, doing minor damage to its fleshy body. As three zomblis flail their arms at Xaxil, one manages to gouge him with its finger nails. The wound burns as it is smeared with the foul black ichor.

XaxilTake 5 damage.
[Fortitude Save Success]

The corpse in the middle of the road begins to twitch and roll a bit. Suddenly it bursts open as 2 oversized larvae emerge from its innards.

These are 4-foot long, dead-white segmented worms. Eyeless, drooling stinking ichor from their clacking mandibles, these monstrosities are maggots grown orders of magnitude too large. Luckily, no one has yet encountered the vermin capable of leaving behind such awful larvae.

Before you can even begin to process what your eyes are seeing, your ears are acosted by the shrill shriek coming from above you.

These creatures look like hideous, distorted human heads suspended from leathery wings. In place of hair, they are crowned with writhing tendrils, and their eyes burn with a menacing green flame.

Ralston[Fortitude Save Success]
Xaxil[Fortitude Save Success]
Ancho[Fortitude Save Success]
Eldon[Fortitude Save Failed] You are paralyzed with fear

Eldon's eyes widen and he drops what he is holding. For the first time since you stepped off the wagon he stops talking and stands rigid.

Cleavon
2011-07-22, 04:17 PM
Ralston Allcott

Gripping his mace tight in his hand he took a step forward, closer to the middle of the fray. The light around him shimmers with its silvery radiance, as he raises his shield once again, the holy symbol of St-Cuthbert worked into it he bellows a prayer.

"My lord St.Cuthbert, see what is right and just in this dark land and destroy these foul creatures!"

Move and Destroy Undead!
Five foot step to O7 and destroy undead. DC18 (6/9 Turns left)
[roll0]

kwhalen
2011-07-22, 05:13 PM
Having had time to size up the strength of the zombies...and seeing Eldon's frozen state...Xaxil turns his attention to the flying menace. For a moment he ignores the imminent zombie threat and extends his sword to the sky. Focusing his divine connection...he blast forward with Deific Vengence.

Deific Vengence
[roll0] damage [roll1]

Gorthok
2011-07-22, 05:25 PM

His ears still ringing from the piercing shriek just moments ago, Ancho finds himself face to face with a flying abomination! After shrugging off whatever fear was left in him from watching the gigantic larvae emerge from the corpse up ahead, He strikes out with vengeance at the bobbing head infront of him!

Full Attack!!
Main hand: [roll0]

Offhand: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Gorthok
2011-07-22, 05:28 PM
Offhand Possible crit: [roll0]
Sneak Attack Damage (telling blow): [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-22, 05:59 PM
Round 2

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E2_r2.png

Ralston's prayer causes the zombies to briefly crackle with white light and their flesh cracks slightly.

Xaxil casts his spell on the flying abomination but is struck as he lets his guard down. He maintains his focus and smites the creature as it turns it attention to Eldon. It goes motionless and falls to the ground. As soon as it hits the cobblestone, it spits apart, and Eldon snaps out of his state of fear.

Ancho, acting quickly, skewers his target with one sword, while removing its wings with the other. Its eyes fade to black, and it ceases moving.

The oversized maggots make their way toward the party. One goes straight for Xaxil and snaps at his leg with its mandibles. It seems unable to distinguish cured leather from actual vulnerable flesh. The other moves past Bob and toward Ralston. Bobs maul just misses the creature, but breaks up a large chunk of the road. In a stroke of luck, the larva finds a chink in Ralston's armor and pierces his leg, just missing his Achilles tendon. Ralston immediately drops his mace and goes rigid.

XaxilTake 10 damage.
[Fortitude Success]

RalstonTake 9 damage.
[Fortitude Failed] You are paralyzed.

lorddumonde
2011-07-22, 11:22 PM
Eldon
Round 2
(assuming I can go)

Bob swings at maggot2[roll0][roll1]
Eldon moves 20ft to Q6 and blasts zombies 1,3 and 4 with Lifebolts.Z1[roll2] [roll3]Z3[roll4][roll5]Z4[roll6][roll7]Eldon takes 3 non-lethal damage.

Gorthok
2011-07-25, 11:10 AM

As the disembodied head drops to the ground infront of him, Ancho sees that Ralston is unmoving and about to be swarmed by the undeath shuffling around him! Moving to Ralscot's side, Ancho brings his sword down upon the festering zombie with all his might!!

Move and Attack!
Move to P6 and Attack Z4
Main Hand: [roll0]
Critical Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Telling Blow Dmg: [roll3]

lorddumonde
2011-07-25, 11:45 AM
Xaxil
Round 2

Xaxil moves to N8 and attacks Z3[roll0][roll1]

kwhalen
2011-07-25, 02:37 PM
Xaxil (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=307659)
Male LG Lesser Assimar Paladin2/FavoredSoul4, Level 6, Init +2, HP 33/48, Speed
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus 5
MW Bastard Sword(2 Handed) +9 (d10+3, 19/20x2)
MW Bastard Sword(1 Handed) +9 (d10+2, 19/20x2)
(+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 20
Condition None

I have changed My AC to 21 because Im now going to attack one handed and am using my shield (I know that I will have to use a move action on my next turn. HP have been updated from 2 hits totaling 15 damage)

lorddumonde
2011-07-25, 03:05 PM
Kris, you said in an earlier post that you were attacking one handed and that your AC was 21. So you already have your shield out. (I'm guessing.)

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-25, 03:34 PM
Round 3

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E2_r3.png

The zombie hordes and maggots lash out at Xaxil and Ralston, but continue to smash into their steel armor.

Eldon's ray hits one of the zombies, causing it to leak more of the black liquid.

Bob's maul strikes the cobblestone again in an attempt to hit the squirming maggot.

Ancho and Xaxil bring their slasing blades to bear against the weak unarmored flesh of the zombies, bringing them closer to the release of death.

Ralston begins turning pale white, but manages to fight through the poison. A loud grunt signifies that he is back in this battle.

Cleavon
2011-07-25, 04:23 PM
Ralston Allcott
Round 3

The color returning slowly to his face, he shook his head and felt his mace had slipped from his hand. With a quick survey of his surroundings he unleashed a bolt at the maggot, the silvery radiance around him dimming by about half.

Light of Mercuria!
Expend a bolt to make a ranged touch attack against maggot2

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gorthok
2011-07-25, 04:50 PM

His lithe blade finding rotting flesh, Ancho plants his feet infront of the decomposing amalgamation and begins his personal dissection of a human corpse!

"If you shall not fall to one single blow, you will receive the full complement of my arsenal!!"

Full Attack!!
Ancho Peppers
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2 (+3 vs Charm/Fear), Base Attack Bonus 4
+1 Shortsword +8 (1d6 +2, 19-20 x2)
+1 Shortbow (38/40 Arrows) +9 (1d6+2, 20 x3)

If first attack takes down Z4, 5ft step into his square(O6) and use offhand attack at Maggot 2!

Possible Crit: [roll1]
Telling Blow: [roll3]

Off-Hand: [roll4]
Possible Crit: [roll]1d20+8[roll]
Damage: [roll5]
Telling Blow: [roll6]

lorddumonde
2011-07-26, 01:53 PM
Eldon
Round 3

Eldon moves to P7, drawing his dagger as he does so, and attacks Z4.[roll0][roll1]
Bob continues trying to squish Maggot 2.[roll2][roll3]

lorddumonde
2011-07-26, 01:55 PM
Xaxil
Round 3

Xaxil moves to N8 and attacks Z3.[roll0][roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-26, 03:30 PM
Round 4

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E2_r4.png

The repeated blows wear down the zombies attrition, and the one nearest Bob seems to be barely holding together. They continue their relentless attacks and one manages to sink its teeth into Xaxil's arm.

XaxilTake 7 Damage.
[Fortitude Success]

Cleavon
2011-07-26, 04:48 PM
Ralston Allcott

Feeling much himself again he disregards his mace for the time being. He can retrieve it later. Taking a step towards Xaxil he reaches out and puts his hand on the mans shoulder for only a second.

Stand strong my friend! We will destroy these abominations and free this town from their evil taint!"

Move and Heal!
Take a Five foot step to N8. Sacrifice Resist Energy: Fire to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Xaxil.

[roll0]

Gorthok
2011-07-26, 08:51 PM

Ancho, blades covered in ichor, continues his furious attacks against the zombie ahead of him!

Full Attack!
Ancho Peppers
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2 (+3 vs Charm/Fear), Base Attack Bonus 4
+1 Shortsword +8 (1d6 +2, 19-20 x2)
+1 Shortbow (38/40 Arrows) +9 (1d6+2, 20 x3)

Will 5ft step into Z4's space if I drop him and attack the maggot with my second attack.

Off-Hand: [roll4]
Possible Crit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Telling Blow: [roll7]

lorddumonde
2011-07-26, 11:42 PM
Eldon
Round 4

Bob continues swinging at the M2.[roll0][roll1]
Eldon slashes at Z4.[roll2][roll3]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-27, 02:06 AM
Round 5

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E2_r5.png

Ralston's spell fills Xaxil with positive energy and closes most of his wounds. As he focuses on the spell, he is almost hit with an airant attack from a zombie, but the monster's fist merely slams into Ralston's shield.

Ancho and Xaxil continue to slash away the flesh of the undead, while the mindless zombies continue their ineffective attacks. Xaxil's blade fells another one of his attackers.

lorddumonde
2011-07-27, 09:36 AM
Eldon
Round 5

Bob swings at M2.[roll0][roll1]
Eldon 5-foot steps back to Q8 and fires a Rainbow Beam at M2.
Attack.[roll2]
Elemental Damage type.First beam[roll3]
Second beam[roll4]
Damage.First Beam[roll5]
Second Beam[roll6]

lorddumonde
2011-07-27, 09:39 AM
Eldon

If that hits M2's touch it is dazzled for 1 minute (if it is affected by a good dazzling) and the elemental damage from the beams are electricity and poison.

Cleavon
2011-07-27, 08:04 PM
Ralston Allcott

Looking down at the maggot that still threatens the party he expelled the rest of the silvery radiance that surrounded him, the light fluttering out into the beam and the radiance fading quickly until it dissipates.

Light of Mercuria!
Ranged touch on M2.

[roll2d6

Gorthok
2011-07-27, 08:06 PM

Ancho noticed a slight opening as one of the large larvae slithers up to Eldon's foot. Taking the opportunity that had been given to him, Ancho launches his strikes into the worm's supple flesh!

Full Attack!
Full Attack on Mag2!! (EDIT: On Zombie in front of me if George killed the maggot; also forgot to add in flanking bonus on attack rolls.)

Main Hand:
Damage: [roll]16d+2
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

Off-Hand: [roll3]
Possible Crit: [roll4]
Sneak Attack: [roll6]

Gorthok
2011-07-27, 08:18 PM

Main Hand Damage: [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-28, 03:44 AM
Round 6

MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E2_r6.png

The beams that spring from Eldon and Ralston's fingertips hit the maggot searing its flesh, while Bob's maul strikes the cobblestone again.

Xaxil swings his sword, and once again lays into zombie flesh. His main target is all but cut to ribbons.

The zombies and maggot attacking Xaxil and Ralston only find their wall of steel.

Ancho, pinpointing a weakness in the maggots mid section, slices the creature in half with one smooth motion. His offhannd blade slashes into the zombie's mid section, opening a large gash.

The zombie lunges at Ancho, and manages to bite his shoulder.

AnchoTake 6 damage.
[Fortitude Failure] The black ichor that coats the zombies teeth sink deep into your wound. Your arm begins to feel slightly numb, and you become dizzy. Dark lines begin to creep down your arm, appearing to following your arteries.

You are Sickened: -2 penalty on attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks.

Gorthok
2011-07-28, 08:07 AM

Cursing the evil gods, Ancho pushes the oozing corpse off of himself. A pang of disgust crosses his face, realizing that he had just been bitten by the undeath he had been sent here to destroy. The only course of action is to annihilate all of there kind from this sleepy berg!!

"You obscene reverents will RUE the day you decied to impede the masterful Ancho Peppers!!"

FULL ATTACK!!
Ancho Peppers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=300250)
Male NG Human Rogue 6, Level 6, Init +2, HP 27/33, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +0 (+1 vs. charm/fear), Base Attack Bonus 4
+1 Shortsword +6 (1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
Mwk Shortsword +6 (1d6-1, 19-20 x2)
+1 Shortbow (38/40 Arrows) +7 (1d6-1, 20 x3)

If first attack drops Z4, I'll move to K6 while avoiding all AoOs

Possible Crit: [roll2]
Telling Blow: [roll]3d6[roll]

Damage: [roll4]
Possible Crit: [roll5]
Telling Blow: [roll6]

lorddumonde
2011-07-29, 03:21 PM
Eldon
Round 6

Eldon slashes at Z4 with his dagger[roll0][roll1]
Bob starts swinging at Z1[roll2][roll3]

Cleavon
2011-07-29, 05:10 PM
Ralston Allcott
Round 6

Seeing the sickly undead creature tear into Anchos flesh he raised his shield and another pulse of power came from him to lash out at the surrounding undead.

Destroy Undead!
Destroy Undead. 5/9 Turns left. DC 18
[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-29, 06:26 PM
The remaining undead crackle with white light, and collapse to the ground, leaving only a single maggot. It snaps at Xaxil a few more times with its paralytic bite, but the combined efforts of the party easily dispatch it before it can do any more harm.

Once the sounds of battle die down, the sound of another battle to the west can be heard. It seems to be much closer than you initially suspected, in fact, if it werent for the mist and dusk, you are pretty sure you would be able to see it clearly.

You have only been in Barovia for a little over a minute, but night seems to be falling with unnatural haste. A waxing crescent moon looms brightly overhead.

Everyone[Intelligence/Wisdom] Its odd that the corpse in the middle of the road was not animated as a zombie as most of the residents here seem to have been.

lorddumonde
2011-07-30, 08:30 AM
Eldon

The halfling sheathes his dagger and grasps his quarterstaff firmly as he moves closer to the body in an effort to better examine it. "Bob, roll the body over for me."

lorddumonde
2011-07-30, 08:38 AM
Eldon

Eldon casts light on his quarterstaff.

Cleavon
2011-07-30, 05:02 PM
Ralston Allcott

Taking a deep breath Ralston stepped over to where he had dropped his mace and recovered it, hefting it once again. Looking down at the smashed guts of the maggot he shook his head, remembering the bite of the thing.

He walked forward with Eldon to the body, and knelt next to it as he ordered Bob to move the thing. He perused the body and tried to see if he could find anything out of the ordinary on the body.

"We need to make haste, I am intrigued by this poor soul, but the sounds of battle are close by. Perhaps someone else fights these undead the same as we do."

lorddumonde
2011-07-30, 09:16 PM
Eldon

"You're right, Alston. I was just hoping to find some clue to the mystery of this town's affliction." The little necromancer looks the body over. "Maybe we could figure out why this person didn't succumb to the undead disease that their fellow townsfolk did. If we could do that, we might be an even bigger help to this town's safety in the long run. But, I concur, there could be people up ahead that need our help more urgently. People that could direct us toward ale and mutton. Besides, I don't think our friend is going anywhere."

Gorthok
2011-07-31, 02:01 AM
:smallmad:Ancho Peppers

Staring towards the clouded sky, Ancho listens half-heartedly to the banter of his brothers-in-arms. Wiping the ichor from his tunic where the zombie had gnashed his fangs into him, Ancho thinks about what other horrors might await them in this town.

"I don't want to be the bearer of bad news... but I believe there are much worse things that could stumble upon us in the night than just some mindless undead. Especially with the moon as high as it is tonight. Let us make haste to the closing battle and help anyone still alive that we can."

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-31, 06:50 AM
The corpse is wearing a shiny amulet which is completely devoid of gunk or tarnish.

EldonAs you poke the corpse with your lighted quarterstaff, you can clearly see a bulge in the pocket. After a few more pokes, it seems like a stiff leather object.

lorddumonde
2011-07-31, 09:39 AM
Eldon

With a spell on his lips, Eldon gingerly removes the amulet. He then reaches for the pocket, but remembers the fleshy larvae that recently issued forth from this corpse. Withdrawing his hand, he stands up, motions to the bulge in the corpse's pocket and says "Bob, remove what is in that pocket."
The spell on Eldon's lips is Command Undead.

Gamblerjoe
2011-07-31, 06:43 PM
The amulet comes off without incident. Bob bends down and retrieves a stiff leather billfold from the corpse's pocket and hands it to Eldon.

EldonThe billfold contains only the papers of the deceased man. Apparently his name is Viktor Litmunova and carpenter is his trade.

lorddumonde
2011-07-31, 09:15 PM
Eldon

Eldon tucks the items inside his vest. "Now, let's see what aid we can administer to the folks up ahead." The halfling walks toward the sounds of battle at an accelerated pace. Bob follows, quietly clacking behind.

Cleavon
2011-07-31, 09:50 PM
Ralston Allcott

Seeing the grim work that Bob is able to do, and seeing that it in fact brought them something intriguing from the bodies torn pockets he nodded.

"Indeed. Your bony friend here does seem to come into some use. Let us find what awaits us ahead."

With that he patted Ancho on the shoulder.

"I fear you may be right about the growing dark my friend. Who knows what else may crawl out of the mists to attempt on our lives. Hopefully some allies lay ahead."

He set his jaw in a firm line as he headed off after Eldon, making sure that Ancho and Xaxil were close behind.

Gorthok
2011-08-01, 12:12 PM

As Ralston walked into the darkness following Eldon, Ancho clutches the front of his tunic. Rubbing his finger and thumb together, he finds the necklace hanging there and says a silent prayer to the heavens for protection from his most hated foes. He then moves on after his companions, eyes alert and darting for any movement around them.

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-02, 07:03 PM
MAPhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3fck.png

Through the mist you see a human female clad in shining fullplate armor. She swings her longsword at the zombies with great zeal, while calling out for help from The Light. "Lathander, help me lay these vile creatures to rest!"

Gorthok
2011-08-02, 07:31 PM

Hearing the call for Lathander's boon, Ancho unslings his bow and notches an arrow. He strides quickly forward looking for a target to strike.

I may not be a deity of sorts, but I shall always answer the call of a lass in distress!"

Move!
Move to S8 with bow drawn!

kwhalen
2011-08-02, 10:46 PM
Xaxil's torn and rended flesh doesn't stop him from charging forward. He moves with full speed toward the plated female warrior to join in the melee.
(Charge to M9)

Cleavon
2011-08-02, 10:48 PM
Ralston Allcott

Seeing such a horde around the female he raised his mace above his head as he moved forward.

"Worry not maiden, stand strong against this darkness and we shall stand with you! St.Cuthbert! Lend me strength to defeat these foes!"

Move and Buff!
Move to R8 and cast Bulls Strength as a Domain spell. Lasts 60 Rounds.

lorddumonde
2011-08-09, 11:32 PM
Eldon

Eldon moves to Q10 and Bob shuffles to Q9. Eldon then casts Haste (which I believe should get everybody but the Plate mail chick we are rushing to aid).

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-10, 12:56 AM
Round 1http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r1.png

The zombies all turn their attention to Xaxil. He manages to ward off most of their blows, but one sloppy fist attack manages to get through.

The armor clad female steps forward and strikes a zombie with her longsword.

XaxilTake 8 damage.
[Fortitude Success]

Cleavon
2011-08-10, 04:57 AM
Ralston Allcott
Round 1

Seeing the woman beset by so many of the undead, and then his companion Xaxil in the same situation he moved forward into the horde of zombies and rose his shield again to pray to St.Cuthbert to help defeat these foes.

"Stand strong, We'll aid you in this fight madame! These undeads evil has choked these streets long enough!"

Move and Destroy Undead!
Move to N8, plenty of movement due to haste so I don't provoke.

Destroy Undead:
[roll0] DC:18 Will

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-11, 12:58 AM
Barnaby moves and ducks behind the shattered remains of a barrier. Though he seems nervous, hes hands still manage to skillfully strum out the intro to a song on his mandolin.

Everyone+1 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls and will saves against fear and compulsion.

lorddumonde
2011-08-12, 11:26 PM
Eldon
Round 1

Eldon moves to O7 and makes a concentration check to cast defensively[roll0]
He mutters some arcane words and places his thumbs together while extending his fingers outward. A fan shaped sheet of flames extends from his hands engulfing Z1,Z2 and Z4.
Burning Hands![roll1] Reflex 18 for half.
"I've always found that fire helps to purify the dead." He says to no one in particular.
If Z1 is gone, Bob moves to N7 and takes up a defensive posture in front of his master. If Z1 is still standing Bob moves to N8 and attacks[roll2][roll3]

Gorthok
2011-08-13, 06:45 AM

As Eldon finishes his hand gestures everything around Ancho seems to slow down to a crawl. Using this heightened awareness, he lets fly a volley of arrows into the closest corpse!

Full Attack!
Ancho Peppers
Male NG Human Rogue 6, Level 6, Init +2, HP 27/33, Speed 30
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 4
+1 Shortsword +9 (1d6 +2, 19-20 x2)
Mwk Shortsword +9 (1d6 +1, 19-20 x2)
+1 Shortbow (40 Arrows) +10 (1d6 +2, 20 x3)
+1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect, +1 Dodge)

Shooting Z1 with all attacks!
Ranged Attack: [roll0]
Possible Crit: [roll2]

Ranged Attack: [roll4]
Possible Crit: [roll6]
Telling Blow: [roll7]

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-13, 06:53 AM
Round 2http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r2.png

Ralston's prayer sheds its divine light upon the undead, who briefly reel from its effects. The zombies continue swarming on Xaxil. He blocks and evades the incoming attacks with grace. Flanking with the stranger, they manage to take down one of the zombies with ease. Eldon's spell scorches three of the zombies, completely blackening their skin. Ancho's arrows strike Z2 who now seems so heavily damaged, its hard to imagine how he is holding together.

A menacing creature stands atop the far barrier and eyes the battle in the town square. He points to the ground, and leaps from the barrier, before beginning to plod toward Xaxil and the female Warrior.

Barnaby continues with the intro to his song.

Cleavon
2011-08-13, 07:01 AM
Ralston Allcott
Round 2

Seeing the Zombie shuffle up next to him and threaten Eldon he swung his mace backhand at the monster and then swung it around in a quick arc, aided by the Eldons magic for another smash at the undead abomination.

Attack!
Swinging at Z1, currently AC 26 due to haste.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

lorddumonde
2011-08-14, 12:53 AM
Eldon
Round 2

Concentration check.[roll0]
Cast Command Undead on Z3. No save for unintelligent undead.

As Eldon begins channeling the necromantic powers necessary to cast the spell his eyes roll back into his head so that only the whites are visible. His hair begins blowing about his face, tossed around by a breeze that no one else feels. The arcane words to the spell begin as an otherworldly whisper but growing into an ever increasing possessed sounding shriek as he completes the spell. In a booming demonic growl he commands the zombie to "Attack the creature behind you!" while pointing at the menacing creature approaching from the western barricade.

lorddumonde
2011-08-14, 12:59 AM
None of that actually happens because Eldon did not make his ****ing ****-sucking ass-raping ****-stained ****-eating ****-whoring concentration check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a lighter ****ing whore note, Bob makes his useless ****ing attack against Z1.[roll0][roll1] If the **** smear of a ****-head zombie drops, Bob will move into his place at N7.

lorddumonde
2011-08-14, 01:02 AM
I believe that's a crit, at least. Maul crits x3. So that zombie should be gone at least.

Gorthok
2011-08-14, 06:46 PM
Ancho Peppers

Ancho notices a flank looking weak, so he peppers the zombie there with another volley of arrows!

Full Attack on Zombie @ M10, then 5ft step to R9
First Arrow: [roll0]

Possible Crit:
Confirm: [roll2] Add: [roll3]

Second Arrow: [roll4]

Possible Crit:
Confirm: [roll6] Add: [roll7]

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-15, 03:51 AM
Round 3http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r3.png

Ralston batters the zombie in front of him, crushing bones with each blow. The combined efforts of Xaxil and the female warrior strikes down one zombie and damages another. A strike from Bob's maul is enough to finish it off. Ancho fires two arrows striking and weakening another zombie. Eldon commands the zombie to attack the unknown monster. It plods toward the creature, who turns its attention to the zombie. It swings its fist in a wide overhead arc, narrowly missing the zombie and slamming clear into the ground.

One of the remaining zombies strikes Xaxil.

XaxilTake 8 damage. [Fortitude Success]

Eldon[Knowledge Religion]This monster is an entomber, a creature with a powerful slam attack capable of pounding a human into a shallow grave.

More zombies emerge from the mist, attracted by the sounds of battle. Barnaby keeps the rythm of his song going and begins singing the first verse. "Hand over hand, I crawl back to land..."

lorddumonde
2011-08-16, 09:04 AM
Eldon
Round 3

Eldon moves to S8. Bob moves to T9. The halfling begins casting another spell. His countenance is again darkened as his voice takes on an other-worldly quality. As the spell finishes he shouts "MANETE!" in an echoing voice that sounds much larger than his small frame would belie. Z7 and Z8 cease their shuffling movements and appear frozen in time and space. "Mr. Peppers, concentrate your attacks upon the zombie to the east. The ones coming from the north shall remain frozen until they are attacked or take damage."
The zombies are affected by Halt Undead. No save for mindless undead. They are paralyzed for 6 rounds or until they are attacked or take damage.

Cleavon
2011-08-16, 04:35 PM
Ralston Allcott
Round 3

Turning his head for a second as the sweep of his mace brings a zombie body directly into line with Bobs Maul, he heard Eldons resounding incantation and his instructions to Ancho. He called out in a rallying cry.

"These foul creatures won't get the best of us! Press on to victory!"

Taking a step forward to M8 his mace finds undead flesh once again.

Move and Attack!
Five foot step to M8 and attack. AC 26 with Haste going.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Gorthok
2011-08-17, 06:30 PM
Round 3

Following Eldon's advice, Ancho slings his bow over his shoulder. Pulling free his shortswords from their scabbards on his hips, he marches past Ralston and into a supporting position behind the eastern most zombie.

"Feel the burn of Ancho's rage!!!"

Move and Attack!
Move to L7, taking the AO. Once there, a single sneak attack against Z4

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-18, 05:30 AM
Round 4http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r4.png

Eldon's spell causes two of the zombies to stop dead in their tracks. They simply stand there with their arms at their sides, and their mouths gaped wide open. Ancho moves to more advantageous position, attracting the attention of one of the zombies, but artfully dodging its blows. Ralston and Xaxil both land well placed blows on their respective targets, and watch each of them fall to the ground and cease moving.

The moment the party is no longer threatened by zombies, the armor clad female races toward the new monster. The creature remains focused on the zombie. With another wide overhead arc, it slams the zombie with a hammerfist, driving it into the ground and out of sight beyond the mist covered cobblestone. The female warrior yells "What manner of blasphemous vile monstrosity is this? By the light of Lathander and the Lightbringers of Shadowdale I will smite thee!"

"...there is no retreat that option's far and away..."

Cleavon
2011-08-20, 05:14 AM
Ralston Allcott
Round 4

With the speed of Eldons magic at his heels he moved forward, calling to Xaxil.

"Come my friend, let us join this maiden in glory! This foul beast is surely worth our attentions!"

Move and Smite!
Moving with Haste to E9 and Smiting the creature.
Power Attack for 4
[roll0]
[roll1]

Last Smite till I rest :smallannoyed:

lorddumonde
2011-08-20, 10:16 AM
Eldon

Eldon readies a spell on his lips, performing all of the necessary actions except for the final release word.
Eldon is holding Fireball until Z9 comes 5 feet closer. When that happens he is going to release it capturing Z7,Z8 and Z9 in the blast.

Gorthok
2011-08-22, 05:39 PM
Round 4

His party charging forward, Ancho stays still for just a second, noticing a position open up across from Xaxil. He takes his chance and charges into battle! His blade flashing through the air, he stabs into the soft flesh of the abomination's ribs!

CHARGE AND FLANK!!
Charge to E11 for the Charging Flank!
Sneak Attack: [roll2] (Half Damage)

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-23, 02:59 AM
Round 5http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r5.png

Ralston's attack is unable to find a weak point on the creature's hide.

Xaxil calls upon the vengeance of Kelemvor to destroy the undead abomination and release its soul to the Fugue Plane. Black ichor immediately begins to seep from its eyes, ears, and nose as it turns its rage toward Xaxil. It raises both hands high about its head and slams them down with all its might. Xaxil is hit, but manages not to be pounded into the ground.

XaxilTake 12 damage.
[Fortitude Success]
[Reflex Success]

Ancho's attack misses its mark and hits only the creature's dessicated hide. As soon as the zombies are close enough, Eldon unleashes a ball of fire which streaks toward the center of the cluster and explodes, blazing all three with magical flame. They continue to plod forward unphased, attempting to close on Eldon.

"...I have to be brave, but I always did crave..."

Cleavon
2011-08-23, 05:31 AM
Ralston Allcott

Hearing the fireball explode, he looks at the creature in front of him and grimaces.

" Let us get this grim work done, our spritely friend Eldon may need our help sooner than later!"

Attack!
Attack the Entomber, loving the haste.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

lorddumonde
2011-08-23, 10:57 AM
Eldon
Round 5

Eldon passes a Hide From Undead potion to the terrified bard. The halfling casts Shroud of Undeath upon himself. "Bob, slow these zombies down." Bob steps forward to P8 and swings at Z8.I believe that Bob is affected by Haste. I can't find anywhere that it says undead aren't affected by Haste. Discount the second attack if so. [roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]

Gorthok
2011-08-23, 06:37 PM
Round 5

Frustrated that his first blow didn't harm the large corpse, Ancho continues to attack with enraged vigor!!

Full Attack!!
Flanking with Xaxil: +2 to hit
Bard Song: +1 to hit/dmg
Haste: +1 to hit/ac/reflex
Attack Bonus: +10
Sneak Attack divided in half for undead

Sneak Attack: [roll]3d6[roll]

Off Hand: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Sneak Attack: [roll4]

Haste Attack: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Sneak Attack: [roll]3d6[roll]

Edit: SA rolls screwed up for Main hand and haste attack... in post below

Gorthok
2011-08-23, 06:38 PM
Haste Attack: [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-23, 07:19 PM
Round 6http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r6.png

Ralston, Ancho and Xaxil each land one solid blow on the creature but all have the same problem penetrating the creatures undead hide. None the less, it is showing some signs of weakness after the attacks.

The female warrior continues her attacks. "The light will deliver your soul from the clutches of undeath!" She raises her sword high above her head and it glows with a white light as she brings it down upon the creature, causing a large wound.

The creature swivels its head one way, then the other, registering all of his new targets before making an incredibly clumsy attempt to attack Xaxil.

Barnaby takes the potion from Eldon, and continues with his song. The zombies shamble past Bob, Eldon, and Barnaby. Bob lands another attack on z8.

"...the golden sunlight..."

Cleavon
2011-08-23, 07:32 PM
Ralston Allcott
Round 6

Seeing the creature hurt by their attacks, his voice boomed out.

"We have them now!"

Attack!
Attacking twice. Forgot Bardsong last time.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

lorddumonde
2011-08-24, 11:51 AM
Eldon
Round 6(The last round of Haste)

Bob shuffles forward to M8 and swings at Z8[roll0][roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-29, 10:49 AM
Round 7http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r7.png

Ralston and Xaxil manage to land solid blows on the creature finally causing it to crumple to the ground. The zombies shamble towards the battle and begin to swarm the female warrior. One hits her with a wild fist. Bob chases after the zobies and smashes one with his maul.

"...Its been about me, but im setting that free..."

Cleavon
2011-08-29, 04:04 PM
Ralston Allcott

turning about as he hears the shambling coming from behind them, he grinned wide and smashed his mace at the zombie closest to him.

Attack!
No more Hjaste :smallannoyed: One swing at Z9.
[roll0]
[roll1]

lorddumonde
2011-09-01, 06:43 PM
Eldon Thorngage
Round 7

Bob moves to H7 and swings at Z8.[roll0][roll1]

Gorthok
2011-09-04, 10:48 AM
Round 7

Ancho repositions for a better chance of attacking the approching zombies. He ducks and weaves to the opposite side of them and continues his attacks!

Tumble and Attack!!
Tumble to G11 through F12. Then attack the zombie i'm flanking.

Tumble Check!: [roll0]

Main Hand: [roll1]
Sneak Attack: [roll3] (Half of that number if undead)

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-04, 12:59 PM
Round 8http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r8.png

The melees focus on z8 and bring it down without much trouble. The remaining zombies try to attack Ancho and the female, but are unsuccessful.

"...for golden sunlight, ohhhhhhhhhhhh..."

Cleavon
2011-09-04, 02:41 PM
Ralston Allcott
Round 8

Seeing the ZMOBIES nearly routed, his mace arcs down at the head of the one in front of the female.

Attack!

[roll0]
[roll1]

lorddumonde
2011-09-04, 08:12 PM
Eldon Thorngage
Round 7

Bob double moves to E11 (providing Xaxil with a flanking bonus if he does not wish to incur a possible OOA from Z9).

Gorthok
2011-09-05, 12:57 AM
Round 8

Seeing that the zombie between Ralston and himself is still standing, he persists with his flurry of slashes!

Attack!
Attack Z7 (I think??) The one between Ralston and himself.

Half Sneak Attack Damge on Undead!!!

Sneak Attack: [roll5]

lorddumonde
2011-09-05, 07:31 AM
Eldon Thorngage
*oops* I meant Round 8.

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-05, 11:59 AM
Round 9http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/Slamin/E3r9.png

Ralston and Ancho lay into the center zombie, bringing it close to destruction. The rest of the combatants and the zombies themselves are unable to cause any damage.

"...theres a door open to walk through..."

lorddumonde
2011-09-05, 03:30 PM
Eldon Thorngage
Round 9

Bob swings at Z9.[roll0][roll1]

Cleavon
2011-09-05, 03:31 PM
Ralston Allcott
Round 9

Seeing only two Zombies left, his mace lashes out once again at the enemy between he and Ancho.

Attack!
Forgot +2 from flanking last time :D
[roll0]
[roll1]

Gorthok
2011-09-05, 04:44 PM

Seeing that Ralston has one zombie well in hand... Ancho focuses his rage on the adjacent zombie!

Full Attack!!
Full Attack Z9!!

Sneak Attack damage halved against UNDEAD!!

Sneak Attack: [roll5]

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-05, 11:06 PM
"...all I want is just beyond..."

A flurry of swords and blunt instruments bring the final two zombles to rest. The woman wipes off her sword and sheathes it before stepping back and introducing herself.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rl_gallery/100540.jpg

"Thank you for the help friends. I see you all bear the insignia of the Lightbringers; I too serve your cause. I am Ashlyn, Iv come from Shadowdale after receiving word of villagers who suffered the likes of undead."

Cleavon
2011-09-06, 12:15 AM
Ralston Allcott

Breathing deeply his muscles still feeling charged with the power of his spells he took a quick look around before turning to Ashlynn, and waving Eldon and Barnaby over to them, seeing the menace was gone for now.

"Good to see someone else who is pure of heart here, I am Ralston, originally of Cormyr. My fellow Lightbringers and I have come to barovia for our own reasons, but our fellow Barnaby here showed us a letter, the Burgomeister of Barovia seeking aide, so we came as quickly as we could.

Stepping back he took a look among his companions.

Does anyone require healing?

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-06, 01:09 PM
"I was going to ask the same question. The least I can do for the aid is heal your wounds, but I would be glad to help you in any way I can."

Looking around you see two businesses that have not been boarded up yet.

Bildrath's MercantileSparse light gleams from gaps in the boarded-up windows of this building. A sign over the door creaks on its hinges, proclaiming "Bildrath's Mercantile."
Blood on the Vine TavernA mutter of voices, a clatter of dishware, and the squeal of a poorly played wind instrument usher from this rambling building. A sign hanging precariously askew reads "Blood on the Vine Tavern." A thin skein of smoke curls up from a wide chimney.

XaxilYou can see that the sign originally read "Blood of the vine Tavern" but an "N" has been scratched over the "F."

lorddumonde
2011-09-07, 09:26 PM
Eldon Thorngage

Eldon walks over to the window of Bildrath's Mercantile and attempts to peer through the gaps in the wood.

Cleavon
2011-09-08, 01:17 AM
Ralston Allcott

Seeing Eldon peer into the slats of the mercantile shop he tilted his head, and looked to the Taverns hanging sign. He shrugged a bit and turned back to Ashlynn.

"Do you know how many people are about? Or what's happening here? Perhaps we should take ourselves inside. The Mercantile shop there might be able to provide me something more fitting these Damn zombies...my Mace only serves to squash their already disgusting skin. A Sickle or something might be best if they have one."

Gorthok
2011-09-08, 08:51 AM

"At last!! A quaint little inn, where I can wet my parched throat with a cold ale! Come gents and milady, the first round is on me!" Ancho proclaims excitedly!

Walking towards the tavern's doorway, he kicks at the hand of a dispatched zombie and mutters a couple curses to the gods about the damnable undead.

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-08, 06:38 PM
"Indeed, we should retire to the Inn. The undead have stopped attacking for now, so we can rouse the Vistani to repair the barrier for their next attack."

EldonThe shop seems to consist mostly of one room, aside from a doorway in the back. Three human-looking males inhabit the room. A short angry looking man stands behind the counter speaking to a taller man with a large pair of feathered white wings. The shop owner motions for the third person, an enormous tree of a man, to leave the room. After what appears to be a brief discussion, the man with the feathered wings drops a small coin purse on the counter and exits through the back.

Inside The Tavern

The tavern is packed full of people who pay you no mind. Clearly this place is being used as a haven for the remaining survivors. A barkeep with a dirty shirt and an apron mindlessly cleans glasses behind the bar. Three Vistani sit at a table, slurping beer and playing cards.

Ashlyn enters the tavern and speaks loudly so that everyone can hear her. "The zombies have been quelled for now, but the barricade requires maintenance." She then moves up to the bar and has a seat. Two of the Vistani grumble as they finish their drinks and head outside.

"Its good to once again be in the company of fellow Lightbringers. I arrived with two others from my chapter, but I quickly found my self alone. Thendrick and Mathilda wanted to check out the church to the northwest. The townsfolk believe that's where the zombies arise. Everyone told them to talk to Madam Eva first. She's some kind of wise woman who lives west of town. But they wouldn't listen, the arrogant clods. They went to the church confident they could handle whatever they found without needing the advice. That was three days ago. I haven't heard from them since, and I haven't been able to venture beyond this square."

lorddumonde
2011-09-09, 06:39 AM
Eldon Thorngage

"Ashlyn, do you know of any celestials or powerful favored souls that may be in the area? Who is the patron deity of the church that is to the northwest? Has anyone talked to Madame Eva yet? Have you ever eaten in this inn before? What would you suggest for a beverage, ale or wine? Do you know if they have mutton? How long have you been here in this town? What do you think started this undead infestation? Has the threat been getting getting worse or staying the same? Should we go look for your companions?"

Cleavon
2011-09-09, 02:24 PM
Ralston Allcott

Shaking his head he let out a deep chuckle and turned to put a mail covered hand onto Eldons small shoulder.

All good questions my small friend, perhaps we should grab a drink and have a seat, and get a few answers hmm? Maybe not all of them though. I'm not a big fan of Mutton."

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-09, 03:29 PM
Ashlyn's eyes widen as Eldon's questions pour out. "Oh, uh, well... I don't know of any celestials or favored souls in the area. You folks are the first people I have seen that aren't the complacent denizens or profane evil that threatens them. I have heard the locals speak of a man named Sir Urik. They refer to him as a madman who wishes to confront the lord of this land, but Im sure one keeping such a high profile with such goals would no last long here. So what else did you want to know?"

"Oh yes, the church. It was once run by a priest of Lathander and his son. No one seems to know where he is now, or why the dead have begun rising from their graves. The only thing they seem sure of is that they recognize some of their buried loved ones among the walking dead. They also claim that anyone slain by one of those creatures soon rises as one them self; increasing their numbers by the day. Maybe some of the locals would have more information on the priest, or a better guess as to why the dead have begun to rise."

"I'v only been in town for three days. My companions wasted no time before running off on their fool's errand. I would like very much to go find them, but perhaps resting for the night would be in order. I don't know anything about this Madam Eva, but the locals swear by her. At the very least, if she is not as tight lipped as the locals that would be a step in the right direction."

"As far as the food goes, its nothing special. It has become apparent that these people are trying to survive off of what they have left. I don't see how any food or goods could make their way into a zombie infested town. Id talk to the barkeep if you want to know any more about that."

Cleavon
2011-09-09, 04:55 PM
Ralston Allcott

Ralstons eyebrows perk up at the mention of Sir Urik, but he listens fully to Ashlynns story before deciding upon his course of action. He smiled wide and nodded a little bit as he made his way towards the bar itself.

"I think the fair lady is indeed right, a nights rest would certainly bolster our abilities to combat the foulness of this place. We should gather what information we can here, fill our bellies and then perhaps try this Madame Eva. Any information will be helpful."

Turning to the man behind the bar he takes out a couple gold coins from his pouch and offers them to the man.

"Drinks and some food perhaps? As much as it can buy for all gathered. I know shiny coins may not be of much use now, but I am sure we will be able to restore this place to its former glory and you'll be able to use them soon enough."

DM
While talking tot he bartender, also trying to get some information on Sir Urik from him, general chatting him up and mentioning the eccentric evil slayer and his possible location. Diplomacy check to follow:
[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-09, 06:42 PM
Barkeep

"Sure, sure. No problem there. Gold still sparkles even in dark times. We'll get through this; we always do. Not that things have ever been this bad mind you, but were resilient folk."

"That much gold'll get ya all a meal and an ale. Its not the kind of stuff you'd normally spend that kind of coin on, but times like these we haven't got much choice. We can barely sustain ourselves, let alone travelers, not that we get many. But Im not gonna let yeh go hungry neither. We've got twice as many families as we got beds, but if ya want to find a corner to sleep in, be my guest."

"That Urik feller? Craziest son of an ettin iv ever seen. Claims to be a member of an ancient secret order. Here to rescue us all from sumthin-or-other. Thinks 'es straight out of a bard's tale. Stopped in here for a bit, then went off to get himself killed im sure. Aint nothin' here that needs fixin, and if there was, wouldn't be no point in tryin'..." He tapers off a bit and seems slightly nervous.

Hanging in the tavern you see two large maps.

Map of Baroviahttp://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Ravenloft_Maps/100570.jpg
Map of Svalich Woodshttp://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Ravenloft_Maps/100569.jpg

Gorthok
2011-09-10, 06:42 PM

Leading the troupe into the tavern, Ancho listens stoic until the name Mathidla was mentioned. This was his whole point of being here... the legendary Full Moon's Trick! Ancho opens his mouth about to ask the location of this church his contact had last headed to, but the ever-jabbering Eldon beat him to the punch.

While waiting for Eldon to finally breath, Ancho peers across the layout of the bar, noting anything out of the ordinary and all the possible exits if a hairy situation suddenly erupted. Once the Ale and food arrived though, his stomach wrested control of his senses and he dug hungrily into dish.

"This is the best ale I've tasted in a long while, sir! Thank you for sharing what little you have with us." Ancho says through bites of food. "Ashlyn... During our fighting through the streets, I was bitten by one of those corpses. Perhaps you might know of a way to purge the sickness that I might of contracted?"

Spot and Listen Checks to see or hear anything of interest amongst the bar patrons. (LOL so terrible)

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-12, 12:15 PM
"Oh my, that sickness seems to really have taken a hold. Im afraid I don't have anything that can help. These undead diseases are magical in nature. They resist normal medicine, requiring some sort of magical healing to cure."

Cleavon
2011-09-12, 03:35 PM
Ralston Allcott

grimacing at Anchos dire news he turned to the party as he picked at the food offered him by the barkeep for his coin.

"It may not be a good idea to tarry here then. If Mr.Peppers is in need of healing resting here will only be interrupted by more of those damnable abominations. Perhaps we could make for Madame Eva, she may be able to help Ancho with his predicament as well as give us some insight into what lies ahead of us.

lorddumonde
2011-09-12, 06:48 PM
Eldon Thorngage

"I would like to rest and memorize new spells to better deal with this threat. Though, I suppose that could be done at Madame Eva's, as long as Madame Eva is still there and she hasn't succumbed to this or another threat." Eldon sips some of his wine and screws up his eyebrows in thought during a bite of weak stew. "I suppose I could be up for the journey but I will need to purchase some supplies, a crossbow at the least. I'm not sure how many battles my current spell selection will get me through. I guess it really depends upon what sort of things we might encounter while traipsing through the woods. Ashlyn, do you know what sort of dangers we might face in the surrounding woods?"

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-12, 10:13 PM
"Im afraid I haven't the faintest clue what lies outside the city. The Vistani know the land well though. They actually live outside Barovia, but are stranded here until the zombies stop attacking. I suppose Arik or Ismark might be able to help you too. Arik is the owner, and Ismark is the burgomaster's son. He's over there in that back corner."

A man sits in a shadowed corner apart from all the others, and sips wine from a goblet. He is dressed better than anyone else in the room, wearing what passes for a noble's outfit, though it is dirty and stained.

Cleavon
2011-09-16, 06:24 PM
Ralston Allcott

Looking at the man in the corner he nodded slightly. Giving a nod to his fellows to follow him over to the man in the corner, he pulled up a chair and gave a smile to Ismark.

"Hello sir, I am told you are called Ismark. My name is Ralston Allcott. My diminuitive friend is a one Mr. Eldon, The dashing fellow there is Mr.Ancho and last but not least the pious Mr.Xaxil. We were needing some information about the woods surrounding here, we plan to make for Madame Eva sometime sooner than later."

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-18, 04:26 PM
"...mmhmm..." The man takes a sip from his goblet and sets it down on the table as he stares off into space, completely disinterested.

Gorthok
2011-09-19, 04:40 PM

Watching from behind at Ralston's attempt to persuade the wine-drinking Ismark, Ancho steps forward beside Ralston and puts a little force behind his demeanor.

"Now boy... We were sent a missive to come help your little zombie-infested burgh from your father, Kolyan. Perhaps if you were to help us you could earn yourself a couple gold pieces, or you could not help us and face the wrath of your father, once we explain how much help you were to us." Upon mentioning gold, Ancho brings his left hand to his belt and jingles a small pouch of coins towards the grubby noble.

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-20, 04:22 AM
"I highly doubt that you have received any kind of missive from my father. But now that you have my attention, why don't you put some of that gold to good use and freshen up my beverage. Arik knows what I drink."

Cleavon
2011-09-23, 04:09 PM
Ralston Allcott

Hearing Ismarks mention of the missive, and his dismissal of the possibility it exists he turned and walked away to Barnaby, leaning in to the gnome he glanced back at Ismark.

"The burgomeisters son seems to not believe there is a letter from his father. Perhaps you could show him that we're not making this all up? It may help him in lending help to our cause."

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-23, 09:27 PM
"Ah yes, I bet that would be most helpful." Barnaby hops down from his bar stool and heads over to Ismark's table. "Pardon me sir, but I have a letter from the Burgomaster right here." He checks a few pockets and procures a neatly folded letter.

Ismark finishes his last sip of wine and slams his goblet down on the table. He snatches the letter form Barnaby and begins to read it. After only a couple of seconds he tosses the letter back at Barnaby and sais "This is not my father's handwriting. Get this rubbish out of my face."

"Oh, terribly sorry, that must be one of the ones I scribed myself." Barnaby fumbles around for a bit, searching through all of his pockets and pouches. "Ah, here we go. Iv still got the original right here."

Ismark skims the letter and throws it back at Barnaby. "I don't know what kind of games you're trying to play with me, but my patience is wearing thin. This is not my father's handwriting either, my sister suffer's no such ailment, and we have never but absolutely never had any problems with the local wildlife. Now if you wish to waste more of my time, for the love of all that is green, get some drinks, sit down, and drop the inquisitor act."

Gorthok
2011-09-23, 10:38 PM

The annoyed noble's words perk up Ancho's eyebrows. "Sister?? The letter we received, that you clearly deny being your father's handwriting, says that the love of Kolyan's life was greveiously injured. Now excuse any rudeness, but how can the love of your father's life ALSO be your sister? Perhaps, you aren't whom you say you are sir?" Ancho stares hard into the man's eyes, hoping to discern any form of subterfuge that might follow his questioning.

SENSE MOTIVE!!
[roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-23, 10:56 PM
"I have no reason to lie. I am Ismark the Lesser. Ireena is my sister. We grew up in this town, and no one has ever insulted me by questioning my identity before. Whoever wrote that letter is either completely insane, or has never stepped foot inside Barovia."

Gorthok
2011-09-28, 12:29 AM

Exasperated with Ismark's nonchalant manner, Ancho turns and walks towards the last Vistani, still sipping on his ale. As he turns, Ancho leaves the stubborn noble's son with a last remark.

"Ismark... While you sit there sipping on your wine, your townsfolk are dying outside, being eaten alive by the undead shambling through the streets. I and my troupe of Lightbringers might of been lead here by a false accord, but that DOES NOT allow you the right to stop us from our sworn duty. You could be a hero or a villain by the single choice you're making now, whether to divulge what information you can that will help us or not. I pray to Mask that you make the right decision, not just for your own safety, but for your wards as well..."

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-28, 01:01 AM
"Im not sure what you want from me exactly. You come up to me and insult me. Then after I invite you to drink with me, you insult me again. Then you try to play my conscience, even though you have never told me what it is you want. You are not the first gibbering lunatics to come through town, and you're sure not to be the last."

Cleavon
2011-09-28, 02:19 AM
Ralston Allcott

Walking back over to Ismark to hear his newest commentary on their lunacy he simply shrugged his shoulders in anguish. He put a hand up to his face, fingers holding the bridge of his nose as he spoke in a slow and even tone.

"We meant no offense sir, we merely need information regarding the woods surrounding this town. We plan to make for Madame eva soon and need to know where abouts we may find her, as well as any creatures or danger that you may be aware of."

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-28, 06:06 PM
"So you're looking for Madam eva then? Well, if you approach her the way you approached me, I look forward to hearing how your meeting went..."

Ismark waves Arik over to the table to refill his drink.

"Madam Eva is set up at the Tser Pool Encampment. Just follow the only road out of town and it should take you there."

Gorthok
2011-10-03, 09:07 PM

Ancho saunters up to the lone Vistani and offers a polite introduction, "Hello! I am Antonio Rodrigo Alejandro Peppers and I was wondering if I could sit and chat?" Ancho calls over for a mug of ale for himself and the Vistani. "What be it you're drinking tonight?"

Cleavon
2011-10-03, 09:17 PM
Ralston Allcott

Nodding to Ismark, Ralston watched Arik as he came to refill the drink and handed him the coin to pay for it. He turned his attention back to Ismark for a moment.

"I'm sorry if my friends and I have come across as curt, but we are most distressed at this towns current situation, and now seem to have received false information, which we did not know until we arrived. Enjoy your drink, and I hope we all make it through this."

Nodding his head to the man he turned and walked back to the bar to take a seat, looking around and noting his companions positions.

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-04, 07:20 AM
Ancho

"Ahm havin tha ale. 'S'all tha same." He quickly downs the rest of his drink and waits for his replacement. "Sooh what cana dofer meh new friend?" He grins with a stained smile that is missing a few teeth.

Ralston

As you turn, he puts his hand on your shoulder. "Don't sweat it. Were all under a lot of stress lately, and confusion is running hot and cold these days. Not a damn thing makes sense, the least of which being the folks who have suddenly started wandering into town." He takes a sip of his wine and leans in close, speaking quietly. "Now that you've got my attention, maybe you can have a seat and tell me how exactly you plan to help us. Just keep your voice down."

Cleavon
2011-10-04, 09:10 AM
Ralston Allcott

Feeling Ismarks hand on his shoulder he tilted his head, turning and looking the man in the eye. He pulled the seat opposite him away from the table, and slowly sat, putting an elbow on the table as he leaned in so he could keep his voice low, as instructed.

"Too tell the truth, my companions and I came here mostly of our own designs. Myself I was searching for Sir Urik. I have need to speak to him for a personal matter. When we heard from our new acquaintance Barnaby that there was some trouble here we came presently. We're all able to handle ourselves against these types of troubles, so we're going to get to the bottom of this. We met Ashlynn and she seems to think the Vistani know some things around here so we're going to try Madame Eva..see what we can find out about whats going on."

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-04, 03:34 PM
"Sir Urik has come through here, though I wasn't able to talk to him. He marched around like a zealot, drawing far too much attention to himself. I doubt there would be anything I could do for him anyway, not anymore."

Gorthok
2011-10-04, 06:49 PM

"What can you be doin' for me, eh? Well, whenabouts did all these dark creatures start walking the streets? I, and my compatriots here," points a hand over to the others, "are skilled in the ways of evil extermination. Perhaps if there was some sort of clue that could just point us to the source of all these undead... we could clean it up for you townfolks."

Ancho leans deeply into the little man, "Maybe I could lose a few coins from my purse for such information as well..."

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-05, 06:24 AM
"Wisha could say. Walkin carpses, probleh came froom the ground eh? Tahkta madam Eva, 'campment westa town... mebbe she read yer fortune, give you some good news." He cackles loudly and slaps his leg.

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-07, 10:59 PM
"You see, a few months ago, he who rules the castle...that devil Strahd...tried to pay us a visit. I don't know why. However, my father stood up to him using a powerful amulet. Then the attacks began."

Ismark takes a drink and looks around to make sure no one is paying him any attention.

"With the amulet he was able to hurt Strahd, but one morning we woke to find our father dead from poison. After that the power of the amulet wouldn't work for me or my sister Ireena."

Cleavon
2011-10-08, 01:32 AM
Ralston Allcott

His face turned grim when he was told such dire news. Powerful adversaries were exactly what he didn't need. Ralston nodded to Ismark as he listened and the corners of his mouth showed the worry that he was feeling.

"I see. Strahd must be something of a terror the way you speak of him. Tell me of this amulet. I seek a holy symbol of these lands...It is what I came to speak to Sir Urik about. If these lands truly are under the yoke of an oppressor I feel my companions and I will have much ahead of us."

lorddumonde
2011-10-08, 07:27 AM
Eldon Thorngage

Eldon approaches the bar and sets his empty wine goblet down."Good sir Arik, would you be so kind as to fill my glass? Do you have any rooms available for rent?"

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-08, 11:12 AM
"If you're looking for the amulet, you could talk to Ireena. Perhaps she'll give it to you... much good it will do you. But Ireena wont leave the mansion. She's sitting vigil by our father's body to make certain he doesn't become a zombie."

"Myself, Im going to sit here and drink. I recommend speaking with Madam Eva in the Tser Pool encampment west of town. She can give you more help than anyone else I believe."

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-08, 11:17 AM
Arik takes the glass and fills it with ale from one of the casks behind him. "Im afraid we've got more families than rooms at this point. Been that way for over a month now. You're free to find a place to lay down though. This place has sorta been our last haven against the zombie attacks."

lorddumonde
2011-10-08, 12:49 PM
Eldon Thorngage

Eldon takes his glass and quaffs a bit, thinking over what Arik has told him. "Is there a temple in town?"

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-09, 05:53 PM
"Just the old church up by the cemetery. Danovich, the priest, used to ward the church and the village, but his vigil lapsed when his poor son was tragically murdered. No one has seen Danovich since, but it wasn't long after that, that the dead began to rise."

Cleavon
2011-10-09, 07:38 PM
Ralston Allcott

Nodding grimly to Ismark he slowly stood from the seat at the table. He kept his voice low as he spoke to Ismark again, before departing the mans side.

"I'll do what I can Ismark, and I know that my friends here are dedicated to our course. If I find out anything of interest I'll do my best to report back here."

As he turned to leave the man he looked to find Ashlynn, moving to her side he smiled politely.

"Ashlynn, I believe I am going to speak with my companions about the possibility of leaving to seek out Madame Eva before too long. In fact I'd like to leave as soon as possible if the group is up for it. Is the road out of town heavily infested with the undead?"

Gorthok
2011-10-10, 02:54 AM

Ancho chuckes a bit at the man's dry humor. Taking a long pull off his mug, Ancho continues his banter with the Vistani.

"So I don't believe I caught your name, sir. Perhaps you could point me to the local weaponsmith? My blades seem to have dulled a bit on the fight to here and I expect more undead resistance before the night is through."

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-10, 07:57 AM
Ashlyn stands by the bar sipping her mug of ale. "That is probably most wise. I wouldn't know who or what dwells outside this village, but from what I'v seen, I would expect the worst. I suppose it all depends on where these zombies are coming from."

The Vistani takes another large drink from his mug. "Noo smitty. Joost Bil'r'th acroos tha road. Only fair trades wid dat guy. Ya otta pay 'im a visit." He continues to smile and nod.

Gorthok
2011-10-22, 04:11 PM
:smallannoyed:Ancho Peppers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=300250)

"Thanks for the information and small talk, friend. Here's something for your time." Ancho walks to the bartender and gives him 3 gold to cover anything the Vistani would like for the rest of the night. He then walks over to Ralston again and askes if he could speak with the aged cleric.

"It seems the local townfolk are in the dark as to this undead scourge. All they know is that the recently fallen stand back up and hunger for the flesh of the living. Perhaps we should get moving before light to Madame Eva's abode? Also, there's a shop across the street that peddles wares that might be of use for our trek through the woods."

lorddumonde
2011-10-22, 04:38 PM
Eldon Thorngage

Eldon walks back over to his companions."I wonder if the local priest has anything to do with the undead. It seems that recently his son died tragically. The priest disappeared and the undead appeared soon after." Eldon listens while you guys fill him in on what you've found out. "If we're heading to Eva's, I'm gonna need some supplies."

Cleavon
2011-10-22, 07:32 PM
Ralston Allcott

Nodding to Eldon he thought about what his diminutive friend had said and before long made his own comment.

"We'll be making a stop at the Mercantile...it looked closed but we can easily give it a try. If no one answers though we may have to just make for Evas. I'm told the encampment isn't too far out of town so we should be able to make it there. No telling what sort of trouble we're in for though."

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-22, 08:58 PM
The music dies down and the tavern grows eerily silent as most of the families head to their sections to sleep. A faint but constant howling can be heard... perhaps the wind. It is occasionally broken by the moans of the undead, and the creaking of the old wood building. A banging sound can be heard in the distance, perhaps a zombie attempting to breach a barricade, perhaps someone boarding up a window.

Gorthok
2011-10-26, 01:16 PM
:smallannoyed:Ancho Peppers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=300250)

"It seems this place is closing down for the night. Let us head to the merchant across the way and then to Madame Eva's posthaste."

With these words, Ancho heads to the door outside. Once there, he squints through the darkness to see any movement. Deciding that the coast was clear, he sneaks across the lane to Bildrath's store.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Cleavon
2011-10-26, 02:38 PM
Ralston Allcott

Hearing Ancho speak, he nodded and grasped up his shield. Stepping to the door near Ancho he peered around a they stepped out, and made sure that they made their way as a group over to Bildraths. Once there he kept a look out into the darkness as Ancho checked the place out.

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-26, 06:54 PM
The door to Bildrath's Mercantile is locked, and no lights appear to be on inside.

lorddumonde
2011-10-27, 07:42 PM
Eldon Thorngage

Eldon looks about the darkened street. He turns toward Ralston and whispers "If we can't get supplies I think we should wait until the morning when they are open. That is assuming that they will open back up again. You don't think anything has happened to Bildrath do you? Remember I saw that winged person talking to Bildrath earlier?" He then turns toward Ancho and whispers even louder "Do you think we should knock on the door? Or, should we try to enter the shop and make sure nothing has happened to Bildrath? If we save him from something bad maybe he will reward us with cool stuff. What do you guys think?"

Cleavon
2011-10-27, 08:07 PM
Ralston Allcott

He turned to Eldon and looked from Bildraths shop to the Tavern and back. He shook his head as he regarded the party.

"I don't think we should linger here. The night is dangerous and we're weary but I think if we gave our enemies to the night we might find more zombies int he morning than we can deal with. I just have a bad feeling about staying here. I say we make for Madame Evas. We can make it on what strength we have left."

lorddumonde
2011-10-27, 08:27 PM
Eldon Thorngage

"Alright then. We should make haste. The sooner we arrive there the sooner we can learn about this undead plague and possibly how to defeat it."

Gorthok
2011-10-27, 08:41 PM

Hearing the others whisper behind him, bickering about whether they should go or stay, Ancho checks the door and finds it locked. "No lock every evaded ol' Ancho's pick back in Neverwinter." He mutters as a set of tarnished picks and blades are pulled from his cloak. With his tongue stuck between his teeth, Ancho begins working on the lock at hand.

Open Lock: [roll0] EDIT: Add +2 for masterwork thieves' tools! :D check = 30

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-28, 05:11 AM
Ancho PeppersThe lock easily pops open.

Gorthok
2011-10-28, 03:58 PM

Feeling the distinct jerk of the lock opening, Ancho waves to any troupe member in view to follow and stay silent. Without waiting, Ancho sidles in to the right, taking in the store as much as he can in the darkness and gloom.

DM
If any of the other players follow, I motion for them to wait until I can scout the store out.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-30, 12:25 AM
Ancho PeppersAs you peek into the store you see the dim light of a lantern's wick. Suddenly the lamp brightens the room as an enormous man turns the knob. He rises from his chair, picks up a large hammer and begins to shout...
A deep voice emanates through the walls of the store. "Git outa here thief, before I give you a pounding!"

Gorthok
2011-10-30, 09:30 AM

Ancho is dazed for a second as the lamp brightens the room. Standing, Ancho puts his arms spread to his sides to show no ill will to the enourmous man.

"I apologize, Sir. I wasn't trying to steal any of your wares. My friends and I were told you would be up at this time of night. Seeing that your door was locked and there was no answer, I expected the worst, considering the recent undead plauging your small burg. We would like to purchase a few things before our journey to Madame Eva's, if you could spare the time."

Cleavon
2011-10-30, 06:28 PM
Ralston Allcott

So engrossed in his discussion with Eldon, Ralston did not at all notice Anchos working of the lock ont he mercantile shop. Once he and Eldon had decided their course he turned his head, and didn't see Ancho anywhere.

"Where did Mr.Peppers get off too?"

Turning, he motioned for Eldon to follow and headed in the direction of the mercantile shop, where Ancho was last seen. As he heard a voice, seemingly coming from the shop he kept on his way there.

"Seems perhaps the owner may have been awake after all."

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-30, 08:42 PM
"Bil'rath aint sellin' no wares to no ones. Now git! I aint gunna warn you again!"

lorddumonde
2011-11-03, 08:59 PM
Eldon Thorngage

"Is not selling anything anymore? Ever? Or is he just not selling anymore this evening?"

Cleavon
2011-11-03, 11:20 PM
Ralston Allcott

Standing just outside the doorway and keeping a close watch on the surrounding barricades and alleys, he grimaced a little. He certainly hoped that this didn't take long, but he was also concerned at what they might think Ancho was up to. He still didn't know if his sneaky friend had simply helped himself to going inside or not. Either way the door was open and they needed supplies. Hopefully a diplomatic attitude would help.

"I am sorry for our intrusion sir, but we are in a bit of a hurry, if we've taken any forward liberties I promise it is only with the best of intentions."

Gamblerjoe
2011-11-04, 06:26 AM
"My uncle aint sellin' nothin' 'till the zombies is gone!"

lorddumonde
2011-11-10, 10:01 PM
Eldon Thorngage

"But goodsir, we are fighting the zombie threat. At the moment we find that we are running low on the proper supplies for fighting this threat. If your uncle would be so kind as to sell us a few things we are sure that the zombie threat will soon be gone and the flow of trade will once again be open and flowing."

Gamblerjoe
2011-11-11, 09:52 AM
"He's sleepin'. If ya got a problem, come back tomorrow and talk to him."