PDA

View Full Version : Exalted: the Musical! IC

Lord Raziere
2011-05-18, 09:10 AM
In Nexus, crowds cheered.
Boff Ersom, the God of Announcements picked up his mike.
"LADIES AND GENTLEMORTALS, WELCOME TO NEXUS'S VERY OWN BAND BATTLE ARENA!"
More Cheering.
"HELLO, I AM BOFF ERSOM, GOD OF ANNOUNCEMENTS! I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE! AND THIS MY ASSISTANT, ANOI YING, GOD OF COMMENTARY!
"Boff Ersom makes a perfect announcement! The crowd goes wild!"
"WHY THANK YOU! I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE ARE GETTING ON WITH IT! THE TWO BANDS THAT WILL BE BATTLING TONIGHT WILL BE..."
Boff Ersom pointed to one corner and his godly powers lit it up showing a band of five dragon-blooded of each aspect with jade guitarklaves and other musical weapons.
"THE DRAGONZ AAAAAAAAAAAND...."
Boff Ersom pointed to the other corner and it lit up as well, showing you five, the band known as...
"THE ANATHEMAAAAA!!! DON'T WORRY FOLKS, NO ONE CAN BE KILLED IN THE ARENA- WE DON'T WANT GOOD MUSIC GOING TO WASTE NOW DOW WE? HAHAHA..."
Boff Ersom then spread his hands and announced one last time.
"I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS WILL BE A FIGHT TO DETERMINE BETWEEN TWO UP-AND-COMING BANDS WHO WILL BECOME THE NEXT MAINSTREAM CREATION BAND! ONLY ONE OF YOU WILL COME OUT FAMOUS! FIGHT!"

One of the Dragonz started to taunt you.
"Yo! Anathema! Give up now, we are the Dragon-Blooded, and everyone knows we always win! Get out now before we blast you up and down this arena!"

Lix Lorn
2011-05-18, 12:52 PM
Skye smirks, in a calm, relaxed pose.
"Oh you poor, poor, foolish fools." he smiles. "You see, while you may be princes of the earth..."
His entire silhouette goes white, and then in the blink of an eye changes, becoming feminine, wonderful and beautiful.
"We are the monarchs of the sky."

Lord Raziere
2011-05-18, 02:21 PM
the Air Aspect, wielding blue jade Cymbal-Chakrams shouts back
"No, I am, fool! You just a king o' demons."
"The Fire Aspect opens with a taunt! Skye counterattacks with changing gender and a witty reply! the Air Aspect shouts back a put-down!"
Anoi Ying comments.

senrath
2011-05-18, 02:28 PM
"Yo Dragonz, I'm happy for ya, and I'mma let you finish, but we've got the best band of all time. Of all time." Glorious said, striking a dissonant chord on his keytar that sounded more like the baying of a thousand hounds than anything musical.

Lord Raziere
2011-05-24, 11:24 PM
"no man....we the Dragonz.....we gonna show you why we picked that name yo. Dragonz! Let us begin the first strike!"
The line up in a straight line.

Then they start playing their artifact instruments, in perfect synchronization. The strumming of their guitarklaves all happening exactly the same time in a perfect steady beat.

Strum Strum Strum Strum Strum Strum Strum Strum Strum Strum...

But the pace of the beat started getting faster, and faster, rising in tempo.

STRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUM STRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUMSTRUM...

The beat soon got furious and frenzied, soon reaching its climax- then they all stop at the same time. Their leader yells out.
"ELEMENTAL THREE-STRING BURST!"
Then they all hit one, thunderous powerful note at the same time.

Then suddenly, all five elements blasted out of their weapons in a big wall or tidal wave made out of all five elements carried by the sound of that one powerful note, surging straight towards you and your band.

((OOC: the attack is a combo of Three-String Sword Prana and Elemental Burst, how would you like to defend yourselves? :smallamused:))

aetherialDawn
2011-05-25, 02:30 AM
Saraid lifts Glorious Harmony in a hand and points it at the five Dragon-blooded, catching the light and seeming to set the weapon afire for a moment.
"I'm glad we're getting this show on the road... But now that I hear you play, I'm more glad that we'll be getting your band off of it!"
She begins to play, a far less crowded piece - the first notes only of a greater song, but swiftly meeting the simplistic speed of the wave of energies to reveal the gaps in both it and the skill that made it. With a sudden increase in tempo, Saraid leaps, spinning in midair through the space she's opened between two lightning bolts without so much as missing a beat, sparing only a moment to smile for the audience.

Just activating Seven Shadow Evasion as an Innate Charm. Dodging walls is hard, and I don't particularly feel like finding out how much power they put into it firsthand, you know? This leaves me with 18 Personal Motes out of my 21 original.

Also, rolling Join Battle with 6 dice
[roll0] 6 successes thanks to those two 10s.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-25, 01:22 PM
Skye twirls a little, and then leaps, flying high over the wave and landing with a perfect twirl, looking perfectly at ease, and smiling slightly. An aura of gold grows around her.

Seven Shadows Evasion followed by Swaying Grass Dance Form. 8m total. Four ticks before I can act again.

25/25 personal motes, 38/58 peripheral

Ganurath
2011-05-25, 11:56 PM
Dragon-Bloods enacting violence against a band called the Anathema. While Dance of Three had expected something like that to occur, she had expected the bands to get some songs in first, or for the band to be found out as living up to their namesake. Still, she was smart enough to prepare.

Gently pulling away from the embrace of a roadie, Dance of Three made her way to the pair of gods that were providing commentary on the spectacle. The destiny she was wearing wouldn't be lasting the night, so she didn't need to be remembered, just avoid being seen for what she was. She gave a quiet cough for their attention, then spoke. "You'd think a band with talent would let the competition get a song or two in before attacking them to cover up for their inferior skills."

Lord Raziere
2011-05-26, 05:49 PM
"I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS IS WHAT NORMALLY HAPPENS, IT IS LEGAL.
I AM ALSO PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE RULES, TO REVIEW, ARE TO MAKE THE BEST MUSIC WHILE WITHSTANDING THE FOES ATTEMPTS TO STOP YOU MAKING THE BEST MUSIC.
I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE DRAGONZ HAVE SO FAR DONE THE BEST, AS THEY HAVE BOTH MADE MUSIC AND PREVENTED ANATHEMA FROM MAKING MUSIC IN ONE MOVE."
"Some person mistakes this as illegal! Boff Ersom disabuses of them of that notion! Boff Ersom scores!"

Volthawk
2011-05-28, 12:05 PM
Jard leaps out the way, his heart racing. Crap crap crap crap! I though this was just some perfomance thing, not combat! Okay, okay. Calm down. You're a Solar, they're Terrestrials. You're easily more powerful than them. Jard notices the others all avoiding the attack as well, and feels a little more confident "Hey, how does it feel that your attack completely and utterly failed? Must've been quite intensive, but look - no scratches! Guess you just have to do what you can with your weak, inferior abilities, and, of course, fail."

Heh, Jard has Valour 1...Also, using Seven Shadow Evasion to avoid the attack.

Ganurath
2011-05-28, 12:09 PM
"Boff Ersom needs to clean his ears." Dance examined her fingernails nonchalantly, letting the arrogance bleed out in her words. "I don't question the legality of their actions. I just think it's the cowardly route. Plus, it's hard to hear anyone's music over those impotent explosions."